Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,088 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? (91876 Views)

Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 22, 2015
Gentlemens low income is not an excuse for nt been married, Lets not forget that almighty Allah promised himself to help those who are striving to get marry so as to protect their faith.
Personally i can testify to the aforemention Hadith; as of April 2014 thats 3 weeks before i proposed to my Fiancee my monthly income was 20k and she knw it, bt stil gave me green light to meet her parents, as straightforward person i told them where am working and Schooling at same time, her father gave me some words of encouragement that i cant never forget. Well to cut long story short... in fulfilment of his promise almighty Allah secure me a well paying job within less them a month after i gt engaged. Nw i can take good care of my forthfoming marriage without requestin a penny, I also hd a Car, and abt to start building my own House.
ALHAMDULILLAH!

Update:
Am in 3rd year of marriage almighty Allah has elevate me to the position which i have never dream of!
Alhamdulillah

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 22, 2015
It use to be my wish of getting married at an early stage of my life, but unfortunately i had some delays, delays due to jealousy from people and i was told some people they follow me from my family, well sha i am off the hook

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by 1stola: 2:24pm On May 22, 2015
Wealthyone:

embarassed
smiley your dp
what if i told you that, how would you feel?
will it make any sense?
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Wealthyone: 2:38pm On May 22, 2015
1stola:

smiley your dp
what if i told you that, how would you feel?
will it make any sense?

Lol....now, I get the gist cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by alkonami(m): 2:46pm On May 22, 2015
No cash!! Boys are still hustling
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by dridowu: 3:04pm On May 22, 2015
though the cash is not coming in as i expexct but most importantly is that am yet to meet a serious muslimah, so until i meet her . May Allah guide us all (Amin)

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by maryhaam(f): 3:07pm On May 22, 2015
Alhamdulilahi,if asked everyone has an answer,mine was religion differencce,coupled with genotype,but Allah knows best.insha Allah he wil grant us our heart desire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by maryhaam(f): 3:12pm On May 22, 2015

Salam brother
Ameen to your dua.I have performed istikhara few times. And it's helping me to guide my decision making. I always have another problem that the more responble men i have met are christains
I really do not want to marry a christian. The last time I travelled home my mum was suggesting when next I visit maybe I should maybe do an introduction with
with a christian guy i once introduced. Although I have stopped communicating with him.
I don't like meeting people online because it's quite risky but I will try the website.
thot it was only me,christian male ten d to be on the responsible side,am sorry if it hurts not generalizing thou,the few have met are religious n well behaved,muslim dey won't pray n can drink brewery,am not out for a fanatic either,life is fun,but God should be part of the fun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by FunnyPikincom(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2015
maryhaam:
thot it was only me,christian male ten d to be on the responsible side,am sorry if it hurts not generalizing thou,the few have met are religious n well behaved,muslim dey won't pray n can drink brewery,am not out for a fanatic either,life is fun,but God should be part of the fun.

You are right dear. Nice DP smiley
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by prettymina(f): 4:47pm On May 22, 2015
Newkidoo:
Can a Christian marry a muslim

Pls I need answers..
am having the same issue here nd that's what is delaying me.what can I do?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by prettymina(f): 4:53pm On May 22, 2015
luv2talk:
[b]I graduated from University 8 years ago, i was jobless for good 5 years before one of my Aunt help me secure a state Govt teaching Job. Through out my struggling period, no woman sees any future or potentials in me. Though, Im a born Comedian and many girls appreciate my sense of humor, but no one want to identify with poverty grin
Im yet to married because i had two heart-breaks that almost cost me my life. The first Girl friend's Dad didnt allow me to marry her daughter cos i was a Teacher then embarassed i tried to persuade her that things will get better, But her Dad couldnt see future in me.
Few month later, i was match-made with an abuja based muslim girl through a family friend. when i opened up to the lady that im a teacher, she asked if im willing to look for federal job or other high paying Job, i said NO, cos i knew what i was doing. i told her that im a Blogger and within a year, inshallah, i will be earning millions. She laughed at me and gave me conditions that before she could marry me, i must have a job that pays not less than 100k and i must be ready to relocate to ABJ.
I almost gave up my dream of becoming a successful blogger. i arranged with a friend in abuja who got me a teaching job at one international sch there and they were ready to pay me 120k. i rushed to call my girl friend and informed her about the Good news. Alas!! She replied it was too late, that she has found he guy with secured future. i nearly commit suicide then. Well, just one month after she dump me. Google sent me Half a million naira as my accumulated blog adverts.
Inshallah today, Im the proud owner of Entertainment and Gossip blog www.Vibenigeria.com where I earn almost 7 figures from Google adverts every month. I just even open another tutorial blog www.TipsMill.com where i research solutions to what many people are searching for, ranging from Health, relationship, marriage, Business idea, Technology and more.
Exactly this time last year, the bike i use to ply around knocked and i couldnt afford to repair it.Poverty was my middle name then, seeing what i looked like then can even scare a potential wife grin grin. Mehn, Thunder Fire Poverty smiley
I live more comfortable now and i employ 3 people that earns Higher 5 figures monthly from me.

Now, Many women are professing their love for me now as if i be learner undecided wink
Anyway sha, i wish im married, but Allah knows the best smiley

Since then, i have lost hope in women, i find it difficult to fall in love again. Im a well-read mallam, But im happily single. only in love with my blogging business[/b]

N.B
Nairaland and Linda Ikeji really played dominant role in my blogging career, inshallah, im going to publish my story on my birthday 9th Jan. here on how i become a successful blogger within a year. its going to make front page and im sure linda ikeji is going to publish it too smiley
Hmmmmm what a story..u jst hav to open ur heart for some1 else to come in.....btw how can I b blogger I really want to
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by prettymina(f): 4:57pm On May 22, 2015
Am single bcus I have only a xtain suitor who is ready to marry me.duo he promised nt to disturb my religion but I don't blv him.i don't want to leave ISLAM

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by aliyuussy(m): 4:57pm On May 22, 2015
Searching for both job and a God fearing Muslimah. May almighty Allah provide us with the best. Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by maryhaam(f): 5:34pm On May 22, 2015
FunnyPikincom:

You are right dear. Nice DP smiley
thanks
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by deebsman1(m): 5:36pm On May 22, 2015
hadizadeezy:
op I agree with all but your first question!

marriage is not something you rush into because you think you are ready, we are all ready to get married but keeping it up is the problem, if u must know destiny works with reality! u don't sit at home and say because it is stated somewhere in the Qur'an that whatever is yours will be yours doesnt mean you should not work towards it.

marriage and money are now the same in our generation unless you are ready to put somebody's daughter in what the Hausa people call ALLAH SARKI lifestyle'

if you don't have money don't go and get married oo!

Marriage in the prophet's (SAW) time is different from our time, the expectations are different.

so brothers pls get ready before you seek.

babe, u knock it off.....been long i last see somebody giving a comment so totally encompassing like this, talkless from a woman (if truly u r a woman). all what u wrote is the the reality of whats happening nowadays, we just have to deal with it. Thanks for saying it.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by ehjiwummy(f): 6:01pm On May 22, 2015
Muslim guys are not loyal jare

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by DMainMan: 6:34pm On May 22, 2015
ehjiwummy:
Muslim guys are not loyal jare
y do u say so.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by isralkhaleed(m): 7:22pm On May 22, 2015
can someone marry on 100k as salary...??
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by 1stola: 7:46pm On May 22, 2015
Wealthyone:

Lol....now, I get the gist cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy What gist I'd be glad to know the gist if only it's interesting...
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Adamo84(m): 7:48pm On May 22, 2015
syras:

Greetings,

In Islam, certain criteria are looked into when one wants to marry. These are:

*Beauty.
*Family lineage.
*Financial status of the person in question.
*Deen (religion).

I must stress at this point that, the financial status of the person plays less importance in choosing a responsible and dependable spouse - as the last prophet Muhammad (saw) says: " if a man approaches you (father) to seek your daughter's hand in marriage, with whom you are contented with his religion and his lineage, then, you should rightly give him your daughter because, if you don't, "fitnah (oppression)" shall spread there-in on earth" (chain of hadith narrated by Bukhari and Muslim). From the prophetic saying aforementioned, the last prophet Muhammad (saw) did not hammer so much on the fortune of the person, but, rather on the RELIGION and LINEAGE. These two qualities are most important when searching for a spouse. However, beauty and fortune are equally essential but, should not be major yardsticks for spouse's selection.

Some islamic scholars do argue that, there isn't harm in marrying a person with opposite believe. This argument has an elucidation, though. ONLY A MUSLIM MAN CAN GO AHEAD TO MARRY A WOMAN OR LADY WITH OPPOSITE BELIEVE. IT DOESN'T WORK THE OTHER WAY ROUND. But, I ask this question: why marry a person with reverse believe when those people with exactly your believe are bountiful on ground?!

In brevity, a christian can marry a muslim, but, only if the christian is a lady or woman wishing to get hooked up with a muslim man.

Did the Hadith say "Lineage" The correct wording is Deenih Wa I'rdih meaning His Religion(Islam) and Character not Lineage. Please edit because some parents would refuse to give their daughters hand in marriage because the Tribe is not theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 22, 2015
Newkidoo:
Can a Christian marry a muslim

Pls I need answers..
Its only permissible for a Muslim male to marry from the people of the book(Christians and Jews),though it isn't encouraged because of the ill-effects.We believe in their prophets and their original books,we'll expect a Muslim male to give a non-muslim wife due rights.
But it's FORBIDDEN for a female Muslim to marry other than a Muslim
#Alhamdulilahi for Islam

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 22, 2015
isralkhaleed:
can someone marry on 100k as salary...??
Of cos YESSS,
With due respect think of how much our parents were earning before they gt married.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 22, 2015
Adamo84:

Did the Hadith say "Lineage" The correct wording is Deenih Wa I'rdih meaning His Religion(Islam) and Character not Lineage. Please edit because some parents would refuse to give their daughters hand in marriage because the Tribe is not theirs.
جزاك الله خيرا
It's character not lineage
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Adamo84(m): 7:54pm On May 22, 2015
zeedof:
Hmm Thank God for this page, have never come accros something like this bfor.. I have a problem and I need you guyz help. Am 26 yrs now and I find it very easy to relate with xtian girl even date them and have promise myself to marry Muslim girl but have never see one or any one I see will be fake muslim.. Muslim that will not like to bear her muslim name.. But if there is a muslim lady that wish to have real relationship should contact me whatsapp 08066775744..

Age... 24 downward
Any town
Educated please..

Thanks
Check your environment, maybe you're in or tarrying the wrong place. Change environment and Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 22, 2015
Eco2580:

Of cos YESSS,
With due respect think of how much our parents were earning before they gt married.
Bros that a huge money to mention publicly o.
Na correct planning you need sir.Once feeding and housing don komot,every other don easy.Buy bulk food at home and other things wey u fit need.Save rental money monthly to avoid overload at its due time...

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Adamo84(m): 8:02pm On May 22, 2015
Salam brothers and sisters,
I can see most comments are from the brothers. As a Muslim lady I am the opposite of what most brothers have described.I have looked beyond a man financial situation because i on my own earn more than enough salary and never depended on a man
The relationship i was in before was with a guy who was trying to take advantage of me been supportive towards him financially. And I turned to his ATM.there was also alot of lies and even after quiting it feels like all other nigerian men have met always trying to take advantage of my good heart.At the moment I am very skeptical about all the men I meet,because they want my help financially and it's over bearing. So i
So now i have decided i want a man with good financial stability. Even if he doesn't give me money but to be able to take care of himself
So it's not only the brothers that are facing such problem.
Insha Allah I have faith in Allah(SWT) that we will meet pretty soon. :-D

May Allah assist you my Sister, I feel your pain. Oga ooo!
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Adamo84(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2015
maclatunji:

Your actual sisters? grin grin grin
My Brother Mc, please can you please send a personal message? I tried doing one to you but I didn't get it. Waiting please
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Adamo84(m): 8:17pm On May 22, 2015
yuskanovic:
HUSBAND SCARCITY!
This may not be the best time for me to write on
this because of misinterpretations, but I can no
longer resist the push. """Husband Scarcity""" has
become one of the challenges faced by many
muslima today. If you go to prayer houses, majority
of the intentions are prayer for a life partner. And
this calls for concern. Casting our
minds back to the time of our mothers and
grandmothers, was there really much of a "Husband
Scarcity" problem? Or, maybe there were more men
than women then, or there was an adequate
corresponding numbers of both genders. I don't
think so. Maybe then, the women had values and
were prepared to build a home and not park into a
built home. Then, once a young man comes of age
and can at least feed himself and his wife, he goes
out in search of a wife and the woman really
appreciates him and helps him to build a future.
What am I really trying to insinuate? We created
what we now see as "Husband Scarcity"
for ourselves. Today, the reverse is the case. Ask an
average girl to define her dream husband; you
get things like "he has to be tall, handsome, fair,
and rich, own a house at least, and be presentable"
and then she adds "God fearing" in order not to
sound so worldly. Then, check the number of girls
around you and the number of men that meet that
standard, and you will see the
problem.
You would be hearing girls say, "I cannot suffer in
my father's house and then go and start suffering
with a man."
What a wonderful dream! What if from the beginning,
you have everything you want and there is no
suffering, and later in the marriage, the table turns
around, then comes suffering? Will you run away?
No one prays for suffering, but it is good to start
small and end big, than start big and end small. The
problem is that the
description majority of ladies give of their ideal man
is virtually the
same. When 50 ladies want the same kind of man
and the man that fits what they want is just 1
man, and the man can only pick one. Then, what
becomes of 49 others? They simply start lamenting
of "Husband Scarcity".
Another irony of our time is that it is hard, due to
the face of our economy to find a man who is of
marriage age who possesses all those things these
ladies want, legally (except those involved in Internet
fraud); even the number of
those in Internet fraud is not enough to match all
those searching for already made husbands. If you
look around, majority of the ladies of substance, of
good value and virtue, who are ready to build a
home with a man who has prospects, are married
and not complaining of husband
scarcity. The easiest way to find a husband now, is
to change your view of who a husband is. A
husband is that man God made and then saw that it
may be hard for man to really actualize the purpose
for making him, without a help mate and then made
the woman and gave to him, and he felt complete
and fulfilled. MARRIAGE IS NOT A
POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM. It is a mission
of building the family that will serve God here on
earth. For those who see marriage as a way out of
poverty, it is a way into bondage. Women are HOME
BUILDERS, not HOME WARMERS... DON'T CONFUSE
A MAN'S PATH WITH HIS DESTINY.
Where he is today, may only be a route to where
God has destined him to be tomorrow. Another
truth is that YOU MAY BE THE ONLY FAST MEANS
TO THAT HIS DESTINATION. Join in alleviating
"husband scarcity". PICK UP THE RIGHT VALUES. I
am not saying that you should pick anyone that
comes your way and talks of marriage, not all men
are husband materials. What I am insinuating is that
you should stop setting your standard on material
acquisitions or physical appearances. Look
metaphysical (beyond physical). WHAT MAKES A
MAN WHO HE IS, IS
NOT WHAT HE OWNS OR HOW HE LOOKS, IT IS
WHAT HE IS MADE UP OF. And that which he is
made of is, most times, not seen with the physical
eyes, only its effects can be seen. Marriage is a
permanent thing. Whatever is seen is temporal and
that which is not seen is permanent. Relax and go
to Allaah in prayer. Allaah did
not just make Eve for making sake; He made her for
Adam's need.
You were awesome with that piece, but wait ooo! Why is this post just hitting front page? If I'm not mistaken, it started sometimes around Dec 2014 and this is may. Oga ooo
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by jstmii: 9:21pm On May 22, 2015
Alhamdulilah 4 d post....bt most singles av 1 or 2 setback dat hinders dem frm marriage bt above all wit Prayer,Patience,Peserverance nd Contentment Allah will provide a good spouse

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by isralkhaleed(m): 9:31pm On May 22, 2015
Adamo84:

May Allah assist you my Sister, I feel your pain. Oga ooo!
pls sister try to find a brother that you know is hardworking and trustworthy...who undstand Islam better rather than some of our men out there who are semi-muslims...after getting a brother that meets your required man...then find someone maybe your imam(that understands how to establish such a relationship without making silly mistake) to help you do the connection. Women can also arrange any brother of their choice because they (men) may not come their(women) ways. I stand to be corrected
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Adamo84(m): 10:08pm On May 22, 2015
abuabd:

جزاك الله خيرا
It's character not lineage
Wa Ant, Fa Jazakumllahu Khayran
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Adamo84(m): 10:18pm On May 22, 2015
maryhaam:

Wallahi! This your post is very funny, I didn't know when I started laughing..., sorry I may be laughing with serious matter but the "... Can drink brewery" part got me really laughing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Are These Verses Really In The Quran? / Unmarried Hausa Couple Condemned For Posting This Picture / Miracle Baby Born With Quran At A White Garment Church In Mushin, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.