Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (first Semester) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (first Semester) (4277 Views)

My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN... (continuation)- Me And Chairman... / My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (continuation) / Memories Of My Days In 100 Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (first Semester) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
After the whole clearance thing at the auditorium, I started attending classes properly (only at first), applied for a Hostel space and was given one.
I moved into the Hostel in mid-semester after a long time of unwillingness to move into the dirty, noisy and unhealthy environment. I didn't think I'll last long if I stay, though, I did. After moving in there, I contacted a very terrible Malaria that nearly ruined my existence. See why it was that terrible: I was taking drugs for the next one week, but instead of my health to improve, it was dwindling and dwindling. So I went back home after a week, and the moment I stepped foot into my Parents' house, I could actually feel myself starting to recover. I stayed at home a week after that and went back to school when I had fully recovered. Dear reader, you might not believe what I'm about to narrate, even I with the experience, still find it hard to believe. A night after moving back to into the Hostel, (permit me to use pidgin), na im Malaria come again oo! This was a monday and we were having Chemistry practical on that day. It became so bad even when I was at the chemistry lab. I could feel my legs shaking and my backbone was already beginning to ache. So I took excuse from the Lab Instructor who did some prayers over me, (see me oo), and I payed him back by saying, "Amen, Amen, Amen, Thank you Sir". Al I just wanted was to get to the health centre and come out well. Here comes Wahala. I trecked with my two already shaky shaky legs to the health centre which is very far from the chemistry lab, and you can't get a bus to the place (even till today: December 11, 2014). I got to the health centre, finally, took my seat and waited my turn... Are you serious? It was 1 hour already I haven't been attended to yet. Then I took my phone out of my pocket and then I began to notice the working wi-fi signals at the health centre. Then I smiled. It's not everyday you get free wi-fi in UNIBEN. Then I messaged my friends on whatsapp, telling them about the WIFI. The internet became my only companion for the next 1 hour. Now, a lot of people had left the health centre because they could not wait. Luckily I waited, I had no choice, though, for I was already very weak. Then the nurse called me and about 5 others into Stage 2 of the 4 health centre stages. Right now I dropped my phone into my pocket. After waiting for about 15 minutes at the stage 2 seat, I was called to take prescriptions. The doctor clerked me and told me that the Pharmacy was closed already and my only options were to be admitted overnight, or get injection, he didn't leave me with two options in the end when He told me that my case is not that serious and so I will be given Injection that evening, and then return back the next morning to take my drugs, which I agreed to. I met the nurse and was given injection at stage 3. And Stage 4 was when I had to sit down for about 30 minutes to rest and then begin my journey back to the Hostel. That 30 minutes rest was my 4th and final stage. Then I began to set out for the hostel, when suddenly a guy was rushed in by his two friends. He probably over-starved himself. But I didn't have time to pity anyone at that time. I had my own predicament, you know. As I started my journey back to hall 4 (my hostel), I began to shiver. My legs now weak. And I began to wonder the kind of drugs they just injected into my veins, even after 30 minutes of rest, still not avail? I managed myself to the hostel in a continous shivering manner. Then I got to the Hostel and met some of my coursemates talking about the Chemistry practical report. Even when they were talking to me, I was responding, but I didn't know what they were talking about, aand they didn't seem to notice I was almost out because I had it all bottled in, as usual. So I climbed my bunk and went to bed. Tuesday morning came, and I couldn't move the leg that the nurse injected. I layed there, awake, for the next 4 hours until I struggled to get up, went to the Hall 4 Unit 1 eating area, bought food and began to set for home, again. And I vowed never to step foot into that health centre, unless when neccessary.
Well, that experience didn't kill me, it made me laugh instead.
My first day of lecture wasn't full of experiences, though. It was the first time I saw a GST lecturer, and I think it was one out of Three times I saw one, all through my 100 level... The rest of the first semester was full of fun and very amazing experiences. I met colleagues and coursemates more and more and made good friends among classmates and older colleagues as well. And also I got to be informed about the Pharmacy-Medicine beef that has been existing and how we were encouraged to take part in it by some misinformed Pharmacy students... This made my second semester sweet, expecially with the advent of Ebola that made the beginning of second semester a rather interesting one...

I had a friend in Medicine, an now...

To be continued...
Re: My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (first Semester) by DancingSkeleton(m): 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
Guy doooh cheesy

Benin city nor be land of milk and honey grin

1 Like

Re: My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (first Semester) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
DancingSkeleton:
Guy doooh cheesy

Benin city nor be land of milk and honey grin

actually, It's Hall 4... I've lived in Benin City all my Life...
Re: My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (first Semester) by DancingSkeleton(m): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
DDreamer07:

actually, It's Hall 4... I've lived in Benin City all my Life...
kk na EKP me dey school sha cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

.... :-\ / Celebrity Boyfriend / The Sex Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.