Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,460 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? (5904 Views)

What Do Nigerians Do With The Tinubu Documentary?- ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (punch) / Goodluck Jonathan's Press Conference on How to Make Nigeria Great Again / Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Adeomoayo(m): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2008
All Nigerians home and abroad, it's pertinent here to ask ourselves this question if we really want to make this country a great one, or else, all of us will keep pointing accuse fingers to ourselves without moving forward. Let's start from somewhere and see what we can achieve rather than complaining about being mislead us by our leaders. Let's come up with way(s) of moving this country of ours to her promise land for we can't continue to be living like a slave in the land that full of good human power and abundant mineral resource.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by asha80(m): 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2008
My guy you will wait till thy kingdom come tongue
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Dec 04, 2008
Adeomoayo:

All Nigerians home and abroad, it's pertinent here to ask ourselves this question if we really want to make this country a great one, or else, all of us will keep pointing accuse fingers to ourselves without moving forward. Let's start from somewhere and see what we can achieve rather than complaining about being mislead us by our leaders.

1) Just because you probably are not currently involved in working to help people down there does not mean everyone else is not.

2) many of those who “COMPLAIN”, are actually people working, as we speak, to help some souls down there.

3) We have government that is not working and a country in shambles, why see something wrong in them complaining?

Adeomoayo:

Let's come up with way(s) of moving this country of ours to her promise land for we can't continue to be living like a slave in the land that full of good human power and abundant mineral resource.

Have you CONFIRMED that ALL the people in Nigeria are done with Slavery ?

You really do not need to open yet another thread on nairaland to figure out how you can help.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:53pm On Dec 04, 2008
Root cause of Nigeria's problem is Corruption! Let's put an end to it.
I can't think of one facet of Nigerian society which corruption is not a part of.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Lady2(f): 12:02am On Dec 05, 2008
STOP THE REDUNDANCY, THAT IS HOW YOU CAN HELP NIGERIA.

WE KEEP DUPLICATING THINGS AND CAUSING CONFUSION.
WHEN WE CAN LEARN NOT TO DUPLICATE THREADS, WE'LL GET THE IDEA OF GETTING OUR NATION TOGETHER.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2008
~Lady~:

STOP THE REDUNDANCY, THAT IS HOW YOU CAN HELP NIGERIA.

WE KEEP DUPLICATING THINGS AND CAUSING CONFUSION.
WHEN WE CAN LEARN NOT TO DUPLICATE THREADS, WE'LL GET THE IDEA OF GETTING OUR NATION TOGETHER.

Oh so now duplicating threads on NL is spliting our Nation Nigeria further

ROTFLMAO grin grin Abeg I no fit laugh again! grin

All you needed to have told him was to use the search button next time!! Maybe the problem we have in Nigeria is the way we complicate ordinary and simple things. undecided
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Frizy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2008
What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ?

1. Shun corruption of all sorts.
2. Avoid tribal conflicts.
3. Promote quality goods not quantity goods.
4. Say no to a globalization that cripples local industries.
5. Encourage a fair completion and avoid monopoly.
6. Reject preferencial treatment but act justly.
7. Encourage scientific and technological research among citizens.
8. Say no to a centralized banking system.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Muza(m): 10:20pm On Dec 05, 2008
A tea party!  grin

we can outsource to Ghana.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2008
Muza:

A tea party! grin
abi oh, Boston Nigerian tea party

@post
how many times will someone post this question before y'all realize internet talk is cheap?
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by lucabrasi(m): 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

@post
how many times will someone post this question before y'all realize internet talk is cheap?
i hear you o,please tell them yarning from now till eternity wont solve nuifn!!!
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:44pm On Dec 06, 2008
Frizy:

What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ?

1. Shun corruption of all sorts.
2. Avoid tribal conflicts.
3. Promote quality goods not quantity goods.
4. Say no to a globalization that cripples local industries.
5. Encourage a fair completion and avoid monopoly.
6. Reject preferencial treatment but act justly.
7. Encourage scientific and technological research among citizens.
8. Say no to a centralized banking system.

I find this very interesting can you provide some rationale for such a thought process.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Charlesmud(m): 12:34am On Dec 07, 2008
Well I see this to be interesting, I dont understand how some are not even saying encouraging words instead saying some nonsesne stuff. We are all affected by this no matter the location of everyone of us, We are origines of Nigeria and we should know its our home even if its like the home is shaking, to make it stand still its what we now have to figure-out.

I wish we can have more people that shows interest for a better Nigeria instead saying words that makes no sense like "TEA" . Some people are dieing and some are still in deep poverty while our politicians dont care, just keep stealing the money and saying bulshits to their citizens and its so unbelievable that Nigeria could endure this much without reacting to the stop this politicians from more damage and distruction of Nigeria as a whole,

I am open for any idea or movement,
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Adeomoayo(m): 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2008
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ?
« #11 on: Today at 12:34:28 AM »

Well I see this to be interesting, I don't understand how some are not even saying encouraging words instead saying some nononsensetuff. We are all affected by this no matter the location of everyone of us, We are ororiginsf Nigeria and we should know its our home even if its like the home is shaking, to make it stand still its what we now have to figure-out.

I wish we can have more people that shows interest for a better Nigeria instead saying words that makes no sense like "TEA" . Some people are dieing and some are still in deep poverty while our politicians don't care, just keep stealing the money and saying bubullshitso their citizens and its so unbelievable that Nigeria could endure this much without reacting to the stop this politicians from more damage and distruction of Nigeria as a whole,

This is a world that filled with different characters with different characteristics. And so far we don't wear the same faces so our opinion must varies. But I think revolution is what we need here in this country. It has been done in Ghana, USA, France, to mention a few, if we have revolution here in this country we'll be able to start afresh.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Charlesmud(m): 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2008
" Nigeria has lost , N36 trillion ($300 billion) to corruption. This was according to figures given by the former World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz."

We can almagine the way this people are stealing the money and still keeping it up, Yes you are right that we need revolution. So how and when ?
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by banom(m): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2008
Elect me as the president of Nigeria and you will see how i will change things for good.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Charlesmud(m): 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2008
banom:

Elect me as the president of Nigeria and you will see how i will change things for good.

Can you say something better instead of just being silly,
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Eziachi: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2008
Adeomoayo:

All Nigerians home and abroad, it's pertinent here to ask ourselves this question if we really want to make this country a great one, or else, all of us will keep pointing accuse fingers to ourselves without moving forward. Let's start from somewhere and see what we can achieve rather than complaining about being mislead us by our leaders. Let's come up with way(s) of moving this country of ours to her promise land for we can't continue to be living like a slave in the land that full of good human power and abundant mineral resource.

Make Nigeria great?

You should first make a blind man see!
Make the deaf hear!
And then probably make the crippled walk and then you can face up with Nigeria.
I think your great, great grandchildren might even wait for a thousand years for that to happen.
Nigeria as the structure stand since 1970 is like a broken pot, the more you patch it up, the more you see more to patch up.
Solution?
Start potting a completely brand new pot, instead of wasting time amending a broken egg.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Eziachi: 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2008
Charlesmud:

Well I see this to be interesting, I don't understand how some are not even saying encouraging words instead saying some nonsesne stuff. We are all affected by this no matter the location of everyone of us, We are origines of Nigeria and we should know its our home even if its like the home is shaking, to make it stand still its what we now have to figure-out.

I wish we can have more people that shows interest for a better Nigeria instead saying words that makes no sense like "TEA" . Some people are dieing and some are still in deep poverty while our politicians don't care, just keep stealing the money and saying bulshits to their citizens and its so unbelievable that Nigeria could endure this much without reacting to the stop this politicians from more damage and distruction of Nigeria as a whole,

I am open for any idea or movement,

I don't know how old you are but very soon you will realise why people are not saying what you considered encouraging. If you doubt me ask your father or grand father, as they will tell you that since Nigeria was turn upside down from a federated unit into what no one understands and creating new state govt like sharing akara, things don't get better in Nigeria but gets worse.

I f your plan is to stop the politicians, you are wasting your time. They are like a gang holding each other's hand from North to East, to West and they are now replacing themselves with their children and grandchildren to continue from where they stopped, so the issue of bad governance is now all about DNA.

In Nigeria, a 80 years old man (Shettima Mustapha, Rilwanu Lukman) who don't even know how to post a letter will be appointed into a ministerial position tomorrow and say they will defend the action by saying that the old fella is bringing experience. What then is the experience, since everything have been destroyed from the past till now?

So live us alone with your Nigerian optismism- without those slaves abroad working their backside off to send cash to families back home. Your precious country will as well be like Zimbabwe by now as only 1% of NiGERIANS ARE ENJOYING NIGERIAN WEALTH.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Charlesmud(m): 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2008
Eziachi:

I don't know how old you are but very soon you will realise why people are not saying what you considered encouraging. If you doubt me ask your father or grand father, as they will tell you that since Nigeria was turn upside down from a federated unit into what no one understands and creating new state govt like sharing akara, things don't get better in Nigeria but gets worse.
I f your plan is to stop the politicians, you are wasting your time. They are like a gang holding each other's hand from North to East, to West and they are now replacing themselves with their children and grandchildren to continue from where they stopped, so the issue of bad governance is now all about DNA.
So live us alone with your Nigerian optismism- without those slaves abroad working their backside off to send cash to families back home. Your precious country will as well be like Zimbabwe by now as only 1% of NiGERIANS ARE ENJOYING NIGERIAN WEALTH.

First, age doesn't count in poverty or the situation Nigeria is in, Secondly I was not saying or forcing anyone to do anything.
I am just making my points clear that we can do something about it, they are not God,

You said am wasting my time if am to trying to stop politicians, Well yes I know I can't do it alone and every -1 counts in this situation since majority can endure the poverty and pass it to their children to continue (thats cool for them). It can happen and it will surely happen But I don't know when or how (either peacefully or war but I think war), It can't be possible some taking the money while other suffering to death.

If this generation is useless and weak, am sure the next one wont be like us, Their is always possibilities and from my side , I believe its possible to make Nigeria better if we can stand together to say NO MORE !!! , But its so unfurtunate that most Nigerians choose to remain in it and still they are complaining,

Well should I believe majority of Nigerians are destined to suffer, live in poverty and then die ? (don't even want a better live)
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Eziachi: 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2008
Charlesmud:

It can happen and it will surely happen But I don't know when or how (either peacefully or war but I think war), It can't be possible some taking the money while other suffering to death.

Well that is the only imortant point you had made so far, YOU DON'T WHEN OR HOW.
Nigeria has gone beyond repair and anyone that tell you otherwise is either without brain or part of those prospering within the chaos.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Charlesmud(m): 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2008
Eziachi:

Well that is the only imortant point you had made so far, YOU DON'T WHEN OR HOW.
Nigeria has gone beyond repair and anyone that tell you otherwise is either without brain or part of those prospering within the chaos.

Oga o , Na wa o, So what are you saying ?

That this is the way it should be for life and it will have no solution ?

Nothing can be done ?

We know Nigeria is bleeped up so doesn't it mean it cant be repaired ? Or don't u think it will get more damage if nothing is done ?

Why are people just so scared or what kinda mentality is this ? I'm not accusing anybody but I just don't know why people are backing out and they still keep complaining bla bla bla. DOAMNE,
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by seunlolo: 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2008

why would most nigerians want to remain ever so pessimistic about Nigeria being a great country when we will still lay claim to be Nigerians

If the Americans dont make sacrifices for their country how would we be talking about it being a great country lets stop being pessimist and try to make this country work
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by asha80(m): 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2008
@seunlolo

why don't u suggest what nigerians should do?
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by asha80(m): 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2008
poster if you do not know

most nigerians see nigeria as an enterprise to make money from and not a nation or country to serve and build because there is no feeling of nationhood amongst its people

Until you solve this mindset you cannot make nigeria great
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by AlamTara: 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2008
Root cause of Nigeria's problem is Corruption! Let's put an end to it.
I can't think of one facet of Nigerian society which corruption is not a part of.

@ Josboy4lif

Corruption is a human thing. Even in your heaven of America did you know that President Elect Obama is asking the Governor of Illinois to resign because of corrupt practices. Just as in Nigeria they want to use wuru wuru to fill the Senate seat left by Obama.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by cre8tivity(f): 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2008
obey the rules and regulations. it is that simple.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by DRANOEL(m): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2008
through ethnic cleansing! wipe off the hausa fulani!
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Muza(m): 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2008
DRANOEL:

through ethnic cleansing! wipe off the hausa fulani!

militant,we will still continue to rule you sorry ass grin grin
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Ikeymann0O: 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2008
Muza:

militant,we will still continue to rule you sorry ass grin grin

U shouldn't have replied him Muza, some people just crave for attention. He's probably very lonely ( I guess his girl-friend has just left him).
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by olasboy: 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2008
To make Nigeria Great, deal with CURRUPTION,
Canvass capital purnishment for currupt public office holder, review our tax system, meaningful FOI bill and develop infrastructure, then we'll be on our way o greatness
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Adeomoayo(m): 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2008
To make Nigeria Great, deal with CURRUPTION,
Canvass capital purnishment for currupt public office holder, review our tax system, meaningful FOI bill and develop infrastructure, then we'll be on our way o greatness

who and who will stop curuption here in this country? we should prepare ourselves for the main task ahead of us. And what is the task i'm talking about? I'm talking about revolution, without it, we are going nowhere in this country.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2008
Adeomoayo:

who and who will stop curuption here in this country? we should prepare ourselves for the main task ahead of us. And what is the task i'm talking about? I'm talking about revolution, without it, we are going nowhere in this country.

YOU will stop corruption. By simply standing up and saying NO to bribery and cobruption yourself. By simply refusing to bribe your way through the police check point or mail office, you will stop corruption.

We, the Nigerian people are guilty of bribery and corruption as well. We bribe our ways past police check points, out of paying fees and out of tight situations daily. If we want to end corruption, we need to start with cleaning up our own individual closets. Even if we get government cleaned up tommorow, if you and I do not clean up our own shelves, it will all not matter in the end.

So I don't believe we need to form yet another coalition against corruption. We just need to as individual Nigerians make the decision for change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acn Versus Mimiko In Ondo State / Between Jonathan And Nnpc’s Criminal Kerosene Racketeering / Dickson Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.