Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? (5918 Views)

What Do Nigerians Do With The Tinubu Documentary?- ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (punch) / Goodluck Jonathan's Press Conference on How to Make Nigeria Great Again / Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by charliecoy: 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2008
Fellow Nigerians, i want to believe that 'most' of the members of this site are of my generation(in the 20s and 30s),and therefore are old enough to see things for what the really are. We are the future of our nation, whether you know it or not.There has never been a problem without a solution, at least to my knowledge. The subject is "What Can Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great?", so please people let's stick to the subject and contribute positively. I apologise in advance for those of you that find this condescending, that is truly not my aim. I'm sure that every Nigerian using this medium has pledged to Nigeria at a point in his/her life to be "FAITHFUL, LOYAL AND HONEST", so please people lets be fruitful and share ideas that would make us better individuals and hence make Nigeria bettter.
What i think Nigerians should do to make Nigeria great is first and foremost be true to ourselves, because if one is not true to himself/herself how can that person be true to others?
Secondly, we should stop the ignorance. We should stop acting as if Nigeria is just a place we happen to have an affiliation to, and realize that Nigeria is not just a place on a map,but that WE ARE NIGERIA. Then we would start to understand that if Nigeria has a problem it is because we have a problem.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by charliecoy: 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2008
Fellow Nigerians, i want to believe that 'most' of the members of this site are of my generation(in the 20s and 30s),and therefore are old enough to see things for what the really are. We are the future of our nation, whether you know it or not.There has never been a problem without a solution, at least to my knowledge. The subject is "What Can Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great?", so please people let's stick to the subject and contribute positively. I apologise in advance for those of you that find this condescending, that is truly not my aim. I'm sure that every Nigerian using this medium has pledged to Nigeria at a point in his/her life to be "FAITHFUL, LOYAL AND HONEST", so please people lets be fruitful and share ideas that would make us better individuals and hence make Nigeria bettter.
What i think Nigerians should do to make Nigeria great is first and foremost be true to ourselves, because if one is not true to himself/herself how can that person be true to others?
Secondly, we should stop the ignorance. We should stop acting as if Nigeria is just a place we happen to have an affiliation to, and realize that Nigeria is not just a place on a map,but that WE ARE NIGERIA. Then we would start to understand that if Nigeria has a problem it is because we have a problem.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Charlesmud(m): 6:07pm On Dec 18, 2008
charliecoy:

Guy we know all this, how can we solve the problem , thats the koko
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by joyAA(f): 10:15pm On Dec 18, 2008
I keep telling people,its not a difficult task,it all starts with me(you)doing simple things like making sure u save power by reducing the amounts of lights we leave on,or like we do in my house,switch of the light ina room if you are not going to be there,keep your room,and genrally your house and the surrounding clean and free of stagnant water.truly and truly obey the laws of nigeria.the reward is not a national honour,but blessings from GOD because u r doing it to his glory.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by asha80(m): 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2008
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ?
« #35 on: Today at 10:15:56 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I keep telling people,its not a difficult task,it all starts with me(you)doing simple things like making sure u save power by reducing the amounts of lights we leave on,or like we do in my house,switch of the light ina room if you are not going to be there,keep your room,and genrally your house and the surrounding clean and free of stagnant water.truly and truly obey the laws of nigeria.the reward is not a national honour,but blessings from GOD because u r doing it to his glory

Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 18, 2008
Get the President, his curropt cabinet, thieving senators, self reprensting members of the house, God fathers, oil theives in one room and blow it up. Wish we could have done that during the PDP fundraising
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by MrCrackles(m): 11:36pm On Dec 18, 2008
Nigeria is bleeped up! grin cheesy
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2008
MrCrackles:

Nigeria is bleeped up! grin cheesy
na u mess am? grin grin
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Muza(m): 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

na u mess am? grin grin

Na our leaders o,
and its not that dey Bleep am,they rape am bad bad.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2008
Muza:

Na our leaders o,
and its not that dey Bleep am,they rape am bad bad.
grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by dblock(m): 6:05am On Dec 19, 2008
Looking at the level of intelligence of the average Nigerian, The country has a long way to go.

The level of illiteracy and the simplicity of their arguments towards the country as well as a blatant unwillingness to acknowledge or foresee anything positive happening int the country.

Half of Nigeria are uneducated people seeking green card, that is the problem not the Government. The Government after all stems from the population.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Charlesmud(m): 6:29am On Dec 19, 2008
dblock:

Looking at the level of intelligence of the average Nigerian, The country has a long way to go.

The level of illiteracy and the simplicity of their arguments towards the country as well as a blatant unwillingness to acknowledge or foresee anything positive happening int the country.

Half of Nigeria are uneducated people seeking green card, that is the problem not the Government. The Government after all stems from the population.

not the government, USA is about 250million in population and India which is now on the G20 is 1billion and same as China. So u said its not the governments fault?, na my fault ?, make person stay where no better future is not guaranteed ?
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Eziachi: 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2008
seunlolo:

why would most nigerians want to remain ever so pessimistic about Nigeria being a great country when we will still lay claim to be Nigerians

If the Americans don't make sacrifices for their country how would we be talking about it being a great country lets stop being pessimist and try to make this country work

I don't know how old you are but what most people are telling you are based on life experiences of Nigeria and with the scars to prove it. It is not being pessimistic as you call it, it's called being realistics. Anyone that tells you that a miracle will happen with Nigeria if they continue with the present structure is telling you pokies. If you are paying a fee for a boy who is now a man for the past fifty years and he is still in primary one, tell me what pessimism got to do with it if you you are wise enough to stop wasting your cash for something irrepairable like Nigeria.
No single American, even the most patriotic will endure what Nigerians had endured even for one month and still say God bless America.
Patriotism is not being blind, deaf and dumb which is what many Nigerians seems to be suffering.
That is why every former Nigerian leader, no matter how awful he/she is, tend to be better than the one that comes after.
Things never improve in Nigeria, rather it got far worse than 20 years before. That is why towns and cities that has pipe borne water 25 years ago, can only be lucky to have 17th century pit-shallow water they call bore-hole.
Why am I wasting my breath anyway?
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by Eziachi: 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2008
Alam-Tara:

@ Josboy4lif

Corruption is a human thing. Even in your heaven of  America did you know that President Elect Obama is asking the Governor of Illinois to resign because of corrupt practices. Just as in Nigeria they want to use wuru wuru to fill the Senate seat left by Obama.

Corruption is not the reason Nigeria is not making progress or will ever make progress, because corruption is human's action. The problem lie deeper than mere corruption but the fact that Nigeria as someone has said is just a money making enterprise for the few elite called owners of Nigeria. Nigeria is country exercising soverignty but had never been a nation. It was a nation for just probabaly two years of it existence. So many Nigerians are just Nigeria by occupying that geo-space called Nigeria and carry green passport and that is the end of it.

Even the most ardent Nigerian deeply don't believe in the Nigerian experiment as a nation, that is why 50 years later people still vote according to their real nations against the backdrop of Nigerian nationhood. Every man in power surrounds himself with people of his own nation. But they will sidestep all these just to keep the oil money that doesn't belong to them flowing and remove the oil booty today and see their true colours.
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by IGWEUSA(m): 11:35am On Dec 27, 2008
NIgerians should hate money!

*********problem solved******************* lipsrsealed
Re: What Can We Nigerians Do To Make Nigeria Great ? by tck2000(m): 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
?!?

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-rufai New Laws In Kaduna / Let See The State With Highest User Of Internet / Kaduna Presidential Rally Apc Doesn't Want Us To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.