Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar (7404 Views)

Answers To Exam Questions From A SS1 Student. PHOTOS (must See) / A Kadpoly Student Went To Exam Hall, With Her Wedding Gown Last Saturday / Pictures: Could This Be The Best Way Of Curbing Exam Malpractice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by fritxie101(m): 6:12am On Dec 12, 2014
If up to billions is lost on malpractice, then it means hundred of trillions is lost annualy on corruption by the so called government.
Oga registrer or whateva u call yourself, the problem of nigeria is institutional, systemic decay, so that means d problem first came frm u guys en nt d oda way round. So pls bfor u disturb us wif ur billions crap, go check and examine your system and fix it right.
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by bendeco(m): 6:13am On Dec 12, 2014
Prof dibu abeq no spoil my biz 4 me....remember say na naija we dey bro..

1 Like

Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by bcity: 6:35am On Dec 12, 2014
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by CzarRex: 6:38am On Dec 12, 2014
Biased figures!!!, wat of d billions dat is also lost which goes to jamb after over a million candidate failed to make cut-off mark or pass..all dis figures are biased jor, imagine after 1.2 million wrot exam , u guys came nd started sayin only half a million is gettin admission,den wat happens 2 d rest. It means more money to ur pocket na Nxt year. Abeg u pple shuld shutup.
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Sylvarresta(m): 6:42am On Dec 12, 2014
JustCurious:
Now, let's also talk about the Billions of Naira lost by Parents of those candidates whom JAMB wouldn't offer admission, yearly JUST because they do not have the capacity to carter for them.huh?

Last year, it was reported that over one million did not gain admission, not because they failed BUT because there are no enough schools to admit all.

Somehow, I wish JAMB could have a refund program for those students whom they refuse to admit despite their good grade in JAMB and Post JAMB. It's emotional loss, you know. why collect application fees from almost 2 million students when you could only admit some 33,000? Why?

Parents are counting their losses, too.

Mtshew! tongue
I support you on this, my younger brother passed Jamb and post jamb very well, and yet he wasn't given admsn @ Unilorin and some kids dat scored 180 sumfin and 190 were given admsn. The thing pained my bro... He cried for a whole week despite reading day and night he's still not going anywhere

1 Like

Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 12, 2014
CzarRex:
Biased figures!!!, wat of d billions dat is also lost which goes to jamb after over a million candidate failed to make cut-off mark or pass..all dis figures are biased jor, imagine after 1.2 million wrot exam , u guys came nd started sayin only half a million is gettin admission,den wat happens 2 d rest. It means more money to ur pocket na Nxt year. Abeg u pple shuld shutup.

The problem really is that most people in Nigeria prefer ''paper'' education, rather than ''technical'' education.

That is why millions write JAMB and millions fail....because they were not meant to be university students.

If some of those people went to technical school, graduated, they would easily find jobs. But, no....they want to pose in office!
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2014
I am not surprised that millions cheat.

The problem is our education system.

Because we have oyel money flowing in like water.....we think that we do not need innovation and education. As a result, our education system becomes a means of getting paper qualification.....instead of gaining knowledge.

Subsequently.....we have a glut of graduates who have papers.....but do not have knowledge.

If Nigeria got off oil....education would be a means of gaining knowledge...because in the new industries that we would be relying on, they would employ people who are innovative and who know and understand the basis of how things work. So, our teachers and students would be more knowledge oriented....more practical minded.....and cheating rates will fall....because students would no longer need to cheat (indeed, cheating could be detrimental to your future....you could lose your job).

But because we have oil....our main industry is the govt bureaucracy that shares the oil money....so people go to school to get paper qualifications....then enter the bureaucracy, shuffle papers from 9-5....and retire at sixty. And loot. Because in an oil rich society....you do not need to innovate....you only need to be there at the right time to chop...

Oil is a curse.
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by kenny987(f): 7:05am On Dec 12, 2014
Please how does our dear Nig govt lose billions to exam malpractices? Is it that less people fail than they expect and therefore not as many people or customers come to re-write the exams? Whoever is engaged in d malpractice must have paid and registered to even be qualified to sit for said exams na, abi no be so again? Na wa o! Nowhere wey Naija no dey loss money yet we still dey as we dey...there is God!
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by juman(m): 7:06am On Dec 12, 2014
Big indiscipline was one of what ibb passed to nigerians during his eighth years of misrule.

President jonathan himself is indiscipline personification.
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 12, 2014
The rate at which students engage in
sophisticated forms of Examination Malpractices
otherwise known as expo, has become so
alarming. Its continous prevalant condition has
forced me to ask of who is to be blamed.
Now i want to ask you, who is to be blamed for
Examination Malpractice?
Is it the parents who are only concerned about
how their children would pass by paying some
money to teachers to help their children? Or
Is it the teachers/lecturers that asks and request
for the money or Is it the government that delay
in payment of salaries thereby forcing the
teachers to collect the money and not also
prividing equipments for effective learning or is it
the student that is despirate to pass by all means
with lack of zeal to study or is it the one that
asked this question or is it the presence of online
social networks or is it the society who indirectly
make the notion that "na who pass know book"?
Who is to be blamed?
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 12, 2014
JustCurious:
Now, let's also talk about the Billions of Naira lost by Parents of those candidates whom JAMB wouldn't offer admission, yearly JUST because they do not have the capacity to carter for them.huh?

Last year, it was reported that over one million did not gain admission, not because they failed BUT because there are no enough schools to admit all.

Somehow, I wish JAMB could have a refund program for those students whom they refuse to admit despite their good grade in JAMB and Post JAMB. It's emotional loss, you know. why collect application fees from almost 2 million students when you could only admit some 33,000? Why?

Mtshew! tongue
Sooo on point.... U get good brain..... They re scamming us but cry FOUL when they are scammed....

1 Like

Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by sleekyjay(m): 7:27am On Dec 12, 2014
JustCurious:

why collect application fees from almost 2 million students when you could only admit some 33,000? Why?

Mtshew! tongue

bros the matter taya prson.
those dah went to community secondary schools where teachers barely atend classes, no good library, unconducive learning enviroment, no labs.. Wah wil be there fate, huh?? No1 wants to fail, so they resort to any means just to pass exams. If they want credible exam results, they should equip gov. & community ownd secondary schools Mtcheew.. Jamb kor post jamb ni.
I just hope this prof's children wrote jamb too. Because if his kids are studying abroad 'without jamb' and he's keeping nigerians at home.. Hehe, him punishment 4 heaven they do press ups sha...

1 Like

Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 12, 2014
PROCTOR:
How?
Malpractice
federal government
loss
how do they match??

Malpractices reduces the number of failure hence, fewer people would re-write the next year.
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 12, 2014
I'm not seeing any connection between exam malpractice and jamb losing billions of naira? Pls can anyone shed more light on this?
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by JustCurious: 8:05am On Dec 12, 2014
Sylvarresta:
I support you on this, my younger brother passed Jamb and post jamb very well, and yet he wasn't given admsn @ Unilorin and some kids dat scored 180 sumfin and 190 were given admsn. The thing pained my bro... He cried for a whole week despite reading day and night he's still not going anywhere

Prof. Dibu need to know what students and their parents are passing through too. JAMB/FG should stop feeling like a super-hero, when in actual fact they have not done much to making life easier for common student. Please, where else would they have gotten the supposed billions they use in compacting malpractices IF not from the over one Million candidates who pay the bills annually, and yet are denied admission?? Using such resources to combat malpractices is not too good thing to brag about, methinks.

We need to ask ourselves why do students engage in malpractices and not be SO proud to solve those JAMB questions if truly those questions match with their learning outcome from High schools?? Well, If poor learning outcome from high school is the reason for such practices, then, let's use the Billions of naira to recreating the system and not waste it on "mending" it.

Dear Prof. Dibu, these students are better than the malpractices-ridden candidates that you are making them to look like. Please, let's re-strategies and make this sector work. Invest in their education.

#iHaffSaidMyOwn #iHaffVexFinish. grin
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by date1816: 8:07am On Dec 12, 2014
PDP ship is sinking faster than Titanic.

Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by pamcode(m): 8:08am On Dec 12, 2014
i dont understand what the registar is trying to pass across o can someone explain
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by ultraGM: 8:16am On Dec 12, 2014
I have always respect this man but with this he flop big time, Your so called JAMB sucks, you conduct business not exam.
Imagine a student claim he did not answer anything or much in a subject and he got some high mark unexpectedly.

lamented that billions of naira was being lost annually, to those he referred to as “examination malpractice practitioners

Ojerinde also disclosed that the Board was collaborating with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), to provide credible biometric data.

When and which year did He start combating Malpractice to have claim he looses Billions Annually, the CBT centers created are they the owner or they rented it, we are tired of rubbish infact #DibuMustGo

Sir with due respect you must be high with some weed when you made that statement, dont you know that 18yrs and above are expected to register with NIMC and you have candidate btw 16 to 17yrs

1 Like

Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by dominique(f): 8:37am On Dec 12, 2014
I'm still yet to get exactly how FG is losing billions of naira to exam malpractices.

1 Like

Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Sylvarresta(m): 9:50am On Dec 12, 2014
JustCurious:

Prof. Dibu need to know what students and their parents are passing through too. JAMB/FG should stop feeling like a super-hero, when in actual fact they have not done much to making life easier for common student. Please, where else would they have gotten the supposed billions they use in compacting malpractices IF not from the over one Million candidates who pay the bills annually, and yet are denied admission?? Using such resources to combat malpractices is not too good thing to brag about, methinks.

We need to ask ourselves why do students engage in malpractices and not be SO proud to solve those JAMB questions if truly those questions match with their learning outcome from High schools?? Well, If poor learning outcome from high school is the reason for such practices, then, let's use the Billions of naira to recreating the system and not waste it on "mending" it.

Dear Prof. Dibu, these students are better than the malpractices-ridden candidates that you are making them to look like. Please, let's re-strategies and make this sector work. Invest in their education.

#iHaffSaidMyOwn #iHaffVexFinish. grin
so true
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by ewosk: 10:08am On Dec 12, 2014
lalasticlala:
The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Thursday, lamented that billions of naira was being lost annually, to thar/
Who is losing the money....Jamb, FG or who
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by klodike(m): 10:39am On Dec 12, 2014
In fact i don't understand myself. Read some comments which don't make sense as well.
PROCTOR:
How?
Malpractice
federal government
loss
how do they match??
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Elxandre(m): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2014
These people are not serious.
How many secondary school teaches further maths?
Yet we have various questions from matrix, calculus etc littering this exam!

Only in Nigeria will students be expected to answer questions they haven't been taught!

To make it worse, schools now add up the same JAMB they call incredible to the Post UTME score.
Are they not indirectly encouraging malpractice in JAMB?
Now all students have to do is Cheat well in JAMB, get a score close to 300, perform above average in PUTME, boom!!! they get admission!
Hardworking students who score lesser in
JAMB get disadvantaged!

Crap system!!!
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by OpraMenu(m): 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
Someone should enlighten me pls. How do they lose money with this mass failures?
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by OpraMenu(m): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Elxandre:
These people are not serious.
How many secondary school teaches further maths?
Yet we have various questions from matrix, calculus etc littering this exam!

Only in Nigeria will students be expected to answer questions they haven't been taught!

To make it worse, schools now add up the same JAMB they call incredible to the Post UTME score.
Are they not indirectly encouraging malpractice in JAMB?
Now all students have to do is Cheat well in JAMB, get a score close to 300, perform above average in PUTME, boom!!! they get admission!
Hardworking students who score lesser in
JAMB get disadvantaged!

Crap system!!!
u hav a gud point
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by CSTR: 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
bushdoc9919:
I am not surprised that millions cheat.

The problem is our education system.

Because we have oyel money flowing in like water.....we think that we do not need innovation and education. As a result, our education system becomes a means of getting paper qualification.....instead of gaining knowledge.

Subsequently.....we have a glut of graduates who have papers.....but do not have knowledge.

If Nigeria got off oil....education would be a means of gaining knowledge...because in the new industries that we would be relying on, they would employ people who are innovative and who know and understand the basis of how things work. So, our teachers and students would be more knowledge oriented....more practical minded.....and cheating rates will fall....because students would no longer need to cheat (indeed, cheating could be detrimental to your future....you could lose your job).

But because we have oil....our main industry is the govt bureaucracy that shares the oil money....so people go to school to get paper qualifications....then enter the bureaucracy, shuffle papers from 9-5....and retire at sixty. And loot. Because in an oil rich society....you do not need to innovate....you only need to be there at the right time to chop...

Oil is a curse.
oil is not a curse.
Why do you think many countries are frantically searching for shale gas and crude.
Because they'd rather have oil than not have it.
Anyway, i thank God my region has oil.
When Nigeria divides, we will use the oil to power our devt.
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
CSTR:
oil is not a curse.
Why do you think many countries are frantically searching for shale gas and crude.
Because they'd rather have oil than not have it.
Anyway, i thank God my region has oil.
When Nigeria divides, we will use the oil to power our devt.

Here...read this article..

Read also here

Oil is a curse...it stifles creativity....because it is far more easy to import than to be innovative and create.
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by kanor: 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
Why will someone want to do malpractice when there are veritable platforms now to STUDY and pass JAMB easier, like http://www.gaskia.com ?
The truth is people are just becoming lazy.

Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by CSTR: 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Here...read this article..

Read also here

Oil is a curse...it stifles creativity....because it is far more easy to import than to be innovative and create.
Only nations cursed with bad leaders fall prey to such.
Brazil and the USA export far more crude than Nigeria, and they are both very creative countries.
A nation like Nigeria just like the US and brazil with so many"mouths to feed" have no business depending solely on oil.
The only countries that can get away with such stupiditty are countries with population of less than 10million people.
Re: FG Loses Billions Yearly To Exam Malpractice – JAMB Registrar by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
CSTR:
Only nations cursed with bad leaders fall prey to such.
[b]Brazil and the USA [/b]export far more crude than Nigeria, and they are both very creative countries.
A nation like Nigeria just like the US and brazil with so many"mouths to feed" have no business depending solely on oil.
The only countries that can get away with such stupiditty are countries with population of less than 10million people.

Brazil and the USA have something Nigeria has not got.....strong industrial subsector

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top NECO Government Answer & Questions 2017 Objective/theory/essay / Don't Write Your Surname Before Your First Name. (copied) / Meet Liquorose, Maria & Nini. The Ladies With The Biggest B00bs In Bbnaija 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.