Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross (43698 Views)

Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC / PDP Tenders Evidence Buhari's Certificate Is Forged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by knightsTempler: 12:50am On Dec 12, 2014
If Buhari wins come 2015, i don't think it's gonna change anything IMO. He is just gonna surround himself with the usual suspect thieves we all know, most of them outfoxed from PDP. And the cycle of looting continues. So, i'm indifferent to both candidate, i 'd just be watching from the side line.

5 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by blasterman(m): 12:53am On Dec 12, 2014
Frankenstein:
Wow. America and Britain are afraid of Buhari because the general will arrest and imprison corrupt Yanks and Brits once he steps into power.

u r a dunce im sorry to say

6 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by sweetgala(m): 1:00am On Dec 12, 2014
Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by sweetgala(m): 1:01am On Dec 12, 2014
deji68:
Abioo Mr Ross...The Naija he couldnt fix in his 3,5 year reign as a military Ruler...ok ooo feb 14 here we come grin grin grin

2 years actually, and you might want to go review the improvements experienced then written in nigerian history for all to see.
I read an article recently that revealed they were so much pressed with sense of duty that Buhari/Idiagbon did not concern themselves with rumours of an impending Babangida Coup .

Compare that to GEJ who has spent the last 2 years instigating political battles.

5 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by sweetgala(m): 1:05am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:
all this people saying Buhari will fix Nigeria should watch the video above and see if they see a leader to lookup to.

The paper he is reading was clearly written by someone else and he deliever the speech like he does not even believe in it.

If I am Jonathan all I will do is engage Buhari as many times as possible on live TV and lets see how anyone else other than his obvious base will vote for him.

Bad Idea, even GEJ knows that would be a sure loss, all GMB has to do now is selecta credible VP who would work as hard as he can.
Ask a secondary school kid who the VP is and they may not know Sambo. The chap has been so absent that David Mark, Deziani,PEJ ,Tumbawal,Okonjo ,etc have more influence than him in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Comsol: 2:01am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rosamsUvZlQ

Oh sh1t! This is an embarrassing speech, couldn't even read a speech fluently and eloquently that was written for him. I used to think that GEJ is bad in speeches but this is worse.
I have listen to many bad speeches in my life time from people but this one eat the biscuit to say the least. Buhari lacks confidence, ideas, charisma, economic sense and above all he lacks leadership.

Nigeria deserves better than this, after all the noise on social media I thought I should listen to what he has to say but behold I was disappointed with this speech. Like this is not enough, I tried listened to the recent interview of this guy on Channels TV, his incoherent analysis on issues and coming to terms with reality was mind-boggling.

Buhari is not fit to rule Nigeria in this 21st century. With the fast pace of things in this modern age, we need leaders that can think on their feet within split seconds and make strong and robust economic decision. I'm really disappointed 'abi we de live life de go back ni?'

15 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:14am On Dec 12, 2014
deji68:
Abioo Mr Ross...The Naija he couldnt fix in his 3,5 year reign as a military Ruler...ok ooo feb 14 here we come grin grin grin

Wow.

December 31st 1983- August 27th,1985 is "3-5yrs"?

I really feel bad for most of you. The worst thing is for a person to be sick but believe himself the healthiest person on earth.

8 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by nath569: 2:30am On Dec 12, 2014
how will he be able to deliver a speech? what are his educational qualifications? how many viable brain cells does he have?... see all his brain cells have gone atrophic...

3 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by LogicPower(m): 2:48am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30429366

Former military leader Muhammadu Buhari is set to contest Nigeria's presidential election after winning a primary for the opposition APC.

The former military ruler has been out of power for close to 30 years and although popular, especially in northern Nigeria, there is little evidence to prove he has what it takes to fix the country .

We do not expect Buhari to FIX NIGERIA any time soon; all we want is for him to SAVE NIGERIA by taking over the steering wheel from the hands of a DANGEROUS, CLUELESS, RECKLESS driver who DOES NOT SEEM TO GIVE A DAMN if the vehicle crushes!

10 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by juman(m): 3:17am On Dec 12, 2014
In this country we have sets of "leaders" that hate the masses, so the masses should not expect much from those useless "leaders".
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Caseless: 3:20am On Dec 12, 2014
Metrofox:
and there's also little evidence the BBC & UK have Nigeria's progress at heart..
i taya o. Frm one headless cnn correspont in lagos to BCC correspondent. They've all woken up frm their caskets since buhari emerged.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by double0seven(m): 3:32am On Dec 12, 2014
They don't wish Nigeria well. It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by OneNaira6: 3:52am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rosamsUvZlQ

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is this the man APC is telling us is the best thing since slice bread? Is this the man APC wants us to believe is the best thing for Nigeria? Is this the uncorruptible, educated, fearless leader APC paid e-thugs kept disturbing us about? Even this exact speech he gave was provided on here by an APC paid person and the way they praised it on NL, screaming how great the speech was when they watched it, I honestly thought when he gave this speech, it was beyond excellent. Oh my how wrong was I. Y'all honestly have to be kidding correct?

To be honest, even though I wasn't sold on Buhari, based on all the noise and praises APC ppl did all over the Internet especially NL, I expected wayyy better than this. I honestly expected a man a million times better than this. Are you f2king kidding me? Forget the religious fanatics accusations hanging over his head, it's obvious as heck this man is as clueless as the name they gave GEJ. Even a f2king speech written for by obviously someone else, this man still had difficulty reading it? This man couldn't even pretend to be enthusiastic about it. Smh.

Whoever said Nigerians deserved the kind of leaders they choose is 110% accurate. You all deserve it. No wonder that country is so messed up and don't ever plan on improving.
My God; highly disappointed is an understatement.

12 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 12, 2014
^^ Very disappointing speech. It was like someone forced him out there to read it.

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 12, 2014
First they used mainstream media to attack Buhari... They failed
Next the Government went direct on him...... They failed
They thereafter hired online trolls through saTAN... They failed again
They are now using foreign Media.... They have failed already!!!

Muhammadu Buhari is the incoming President, by the grace of God we shall shame these corruot media.

#Sai Buhari

12 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Blazinraj01(f): 4:02am On Dec 12, 2014
Buhari has not even won the election, he has simply won his party's ticket. Why do they all sound threatened? undecided

7 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by darqly(m): 4:06am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:

The paper he is reading was clearly written by someone else and he deliever the speech like he does not even believe in it.

If I am Jonathan all I will do is engage Buhari as many times as possible on live TV and lets see how anyone else other than his obvious base will vote for him.

Your argument is that he didn't compose his speech himself, do you seriously believe that GEJ composes his? There's a speech writer to do this, even Obama has one.

GEJ will never engage this man in a public debate grin please be realistic. You want ur president to dig himself into a deeper hole with his mouth abi?

6 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by birdman(m): 4:06am On Dec 12, 2014
Blazinraj01:
Buhari has not even won the election, he has simply won his party's ticket. Why do they all sound threatened? undecided

are you minding them? all of a sudden his speech isnt good enough. As if GEJ is an orator
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Blazinraj01(f): 4:10am On Dec 12, 2014
birdman:

are you minding them? all of a sudden his speech isnt good enough. As if GEJ is an orator
Abii o
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by jmaine: 4:35am On Dec 12, 2014
OneNaira6:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is this the man APC is telling us is the best thing since slice bread? Is this the man APC wants us to believe is the best thing for Nigeria? Is this the uncorruptible, educated, fearless leader APC paid e-thugs kept disturbing us about? Even this exact speech he gave was provided on here by an APC paid person and the way they praised it on NL, screaming how great the speech was when they watched it, I honestly thought when he gave this speech, it was beyond excellent. Oh my how wrong was I. Y'all honestly have to be kidding correct?

To be honest, even though I wasn't sold on Buhari, based on all the noise and praises APC ppl did all over the Internet especially NL, I expected wayyy better than this. I honestly expected a man a million times better than this. Are you f2king kidding me? Forget the religious fanatics accusations hanging over his head, it's obvious as heck this man is as clueless as the name they gave GEJ. Even a f2king speech written for by obviously someone else, this man still had difficulty reading it? This man couldn't even pretend to be enthusiastic about it. Smh.

Whoever said Nigerians deserved the kind of leaders they choose is 110% accurate. You all deserve it. No wonder that country is so messed up and don't ever plan on improving.
My God; highly disappointed is an understatement.

What were you expecting from the Tired General Mumuhamadu Buharetard . . . . . .

6 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by ckmayoca: 5:21am On Dec 12, 2014
temitemi1:
I wonder what he's looking for,mayb his lost front tooth is in Aso Rock. GEJ till 2019!!

Pls take a good look again... Is the front tooth really missing?
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by fr3do(m): 5:55am On Dec 12, 2014
No, its only the queen that change Nigeria!
Yeye people!

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by crown777(m): 6:05am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30429366

Former military leader Muhammadu Buhari is set to contest Nigeria's presidential election after winning a primary for the opposition APC.

He will challenge President Goodluck Jonathan - a repeat of the 2011 poll.

The elections in February look to be the closest fought since the end of military rule in 1999.

The 71-year-old former general, a Muslim from the north, seized power in 1983 but was himself deposed in a coup less than two years later.

He was up against four other candidates in the vote at the All Progressives Congress (APC) party convention in Lagos.

In the previous election, Mr Jonathan defeated Mr Buhari, with almost 59% of the vote against 32%, sparking widespread unrest in northern areas which backed Mr Buhari.

More than 500 people were killed and thousands of people were forced from their homes.

Analysis: Will Ross, BBC News, Lagos
The governing People's Democratic Party (PDP) has gone for continuity with President Goodluck Jonathan and the current Vice President, Namadi Sambo as his running mate.

The APC's chosen candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, says the last thing Nigeria needs right now is continuity and he is promising to tackle the country's insecurity, corruption and economic worries.

The former military ruler has been out of power for close to 30 years and although popular, especially in northern Nigeria, there is little evidence to prove he has what it takes to fix the country .

Will Ross face the issues in your country please and stop enslaving our minds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by PassingShot(m): 6:11am On Dec 12, 2014
BUT THERE IS NO EVIDENCE JONATHAN CAN.

3 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 12, 2014
These PDP dudes are writing and selling GMB more than they are doing GEJ....

Either of these two or both would happen for the first time in Nigeria......

A Run-off election.

An incumbent losing a Presidential election.

5 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 12, 2014
Even Westerners are jittery because they are ;

Benefactors of corruption in Africa
Benefactors of a poor Africa
Benefactors of insecurity in Africa

They like clueless leaders like Gej, although they are shocked by his level of cluelessness. SA realized early and pitched tents with the BRICS.

Nigeria shall rise again. SAI BUHARI!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by nduchucks: 6:19am On Dec 12, 2014
After GEJ is kicked out, the evidence willl become clear that Buhari can fix Nigeria.

The OP who has great faith in Mr Will Ross' credibility failed to point out that there is ample evidence that GEJ cannot fix Nigeria and has presided over the most corrupt, clueless, and thieving government in Africa's history.

I've helped the OP out with a couple of quotes from the same credible Will Ross:

Will Ross CNN:
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan wants the world to believe he and his government are serious about ending corruption. But two recent events have sent out the opposite message.

Will Ross CNN:
As President Jonathan handed out awards to celebrate Nigeria's centenary, there was a collective leap of eyebrows when people learnt that former President Sani Abacha was on the list. Many wondered why a military dictator who had plundered the nation was being celebrated?
As if people needed reminding, during that same week the United States announced that it was freezing $458m (£275m) that had been stashed away in foreign bank accounts - part of at least $3bn that Abacha is believed to have looted during the 1990s.

A presidential spokesman tried to calm things down by stating that the centenary award was "not a test of sainthood" but was for Abacha's "contribution to keeping the country together". cheesy

Source

6 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by blackstreak: 6:23am On Dec 12, 2014
UchihaMadara:

Honestly speaking though, I got a lot more hyped by reading his speech than I did by watching him deliver the same speech.

I know APC guys would have dissed GEJ if he had delivered a speech that way, almost fumbling words and starring way to much at the paper and nearly not enough at the crowd. It would have been much better to memorize a line or two from the speech every, say 5 lines, so that during those two lines memorized, he looks at the crowd, and turns those two lines to very commanding, powerful words.

Anywho, still observing the political atmosphere...

Seriously bruh, this your username they pain.

It has this power to it, if you get me
Madara has uchiha itachi been taken yet?

APC all the way, he should tell us the little evidence na

What GMB has acconplished GEJ won't do half from now till 2019

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by BenGlobal1(m): 7:23am On Dec 12, 2014
He can't defeat gej
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 12, 2014
We shall see.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by iheanyi40(m): 7:25am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:

is this Obiagelli or Berem? grin grin grin
kaigrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

$8 Million Seized At The Airport In Lagos Causes Controversy / Idris Ajimobi Spotted Praying By The Roadside With His Shoes On / Tell Nigerians What FG Used Borrowed N3tr For, Atiku Asks Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.