Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Can We Give Buhari A Try? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Give Buhari A Try? (5709 Views)

US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty / US Did Not Give Buhari Any Oil Thieves' List - Punch / Buhari, A 'Man Of Integrity', Lied Under Oath - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On Dec 13, 2014
I have made my feelings about APC known for some time now and those feeling have not changed. I still think APC is no different from PDP as they would want us believe. Both parties are two sides of the same coin. So, no one should tell me otherwise and think that i will subscribe to the fact that APC is a progressive party, i'm not a kid.

I also don't think Jonathan is the biggest failure Nigeria has ever had. He may just be at the same level as others leaders that have ruled our country in the past. He's just unlucky to be confronted with soo many problems at the same time. It's not like he has the knowhow to confront them anyways, He's definitely not a presidential material same as Obasanjo and other democratically elected presidents that we've had since the end of the civil war. So, i won't lie about how Jonathan is the best thing to happen to Nigeria cos he's not neither is he the worst. He's just there, so no one should exaggerate his performance either positively or negatively. We definitely can't go far by having people like Jonathan in power.

Having said all this, i want us to try something different and see if things will change. It's a risk that we have to take. I voted for Buhari in 2011 not because i know his antecedents but because i bought into the whole anti-corruption crusade which i was not opportuned to during his tenure as a military head of state. I just bought into it anyways because i think corruption is the single biggest problem in Nigeria and anyone that has an idea or will on how to truncate it is welcome. This time around i'm not buying into an idea that i don't understand. Meaning, i won't be supporting Buhari because some people think he will solve every of Nigeria's problems but simply because i want us to take that risk and try something different. I'm ready to take that risk, are you?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Areacode213: 10:45am On Dec 13, 2014
Touche
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by seunlayi(m): 10:46am On Dec 13, 2014
SOMEBODY ELSE OR I PREFER JONATHAN

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Dereformer(m): 10:48am On Dec 13, 2014
Capital no. We cannot try an unrepentant coupist and a religious bigot.

Nigeria is not an Islamist state and will never be .

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nebuchadnezar: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2014
No

7 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2014
Afam4eva my favorite ibo man on NL. You are too different from the fools that keep tarnishing the ndigbo image. I can't remember the last time you even posted a comment. How I wish Ngwakwe can learn from you. Let's give buhari a chance.

18 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Adminisher: 10:50am On Dec 13, 2014
You are wrong about Jonathan. He is the weakest Nigerian leader. The only difference.in his govt is that the best ministers possible in the third world. The capable ministers have partialky compensated for a very very bad president.

18 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Flets: 10:53am On Dec 13, 2014
The antecedents of buhari are too dangerous to thread.

How can a presidential material be so violent. What is with dogs and baboon soaking in blood. What could be the justification. What is with muslims should vote only muslims... is he planning over a Muslim country?

Whatz with putting shagari in ikoyi mansion and ekwueme in prison?

Whatz with trucating a democratic government and showing no regrets 30 yrs after

How can Buhari probe a corrupt Tinubu, Atiku, Amaechi etc when he shares same bed with them. There is nothing incorruptible about Buhari.

Refer to 2011 after the slaughter of corpers following Buhari's loss..... He responded by saying that the boys were only reacting to the rigging by PDP despite the loss of over 500 lives.

What is his plan? How does he intend to function in democracy with the lower and upper house and the court. Buhari is autocratic and lacks every attribute to influence which is the most important democratic characteristic. This is just pure anarchy waiting to happen.

Whatz with the commitment to the spread of sharia throught out the country? I know he cannot do that but that intent is as dangerous as the act. We cannot afford to hand over this country to an extremist

In this day and age where global marketing is part of secondary school curriculum, Buhari plans to stabilize crude oil price (is he OPEC president? )

What of the $2.8billion missing under his reign over NNPC that was traced to his West Midlands bank account

To your question, I say God Forbid.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Justcash(m): 10:57am On Dec 13, 2014
You don't gamble with the existence of a nation. We need leaders that can prove to be better irrespective of party, religion or ethnicity. Buhari had several opportunities to prove himself, but he chose a path of sectionalism and favoritism over the common good of the nation.

FASHOLA is in APC, he should have been presented because he would have been the most worthy aspirant. The fact that he is Yoruba and a Muslim does not matter. Buhari should have thrown his weight behind him instead of presenting himself.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Afam4eva(m): 11:02am On Dec 13, 2014
Justcash:
You don't gamble with the existence of a nation. We need leaders that can prove to be better irrespective of party, religion or ethnicity. Buhari had several chances to prove it, but he chose a path of sectionalism and favoritism over the common good of the nation.

FASHOLA is in APC, he was the most worthy aspirant. The fact that he is Yoruba and a Muslim does not matter. Buhari should have thrown his weight behind him instead of presenting himself.
I also agree with you and that is why i said that APC is no different from PDP. They know a Fashola is a better candidate but chose chose to sacrifice that on the alter of winning an election. the truth is that they're banking on Buhari's popularity. Fashola on the other hand can't win them a local government yet alone Nigeria. That's the unfortunate truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by free2ryhme: 11:05am On Dec 13, 2014
Afam4eva:
I have made my feelings about APC known for some time now and those feeling have not changed. I still think APC is no different from PDP as they would want us believe. Both parties are two sides of the same coin. So, no one should tell me otherwise and think that i will subscribe to the fact that APC is a progressive party, i'm not a kid.

I also don't think Jonathan is the biggest failure Nigeria has ever had. He may just be at the same level as others leaders that have ruled our country in the past. He's just unlucky to be confronted with soo many problems at the same time. It's not like he has the knowhow to confront them anyways, He's definitely not a presidential material same as Obasanjo and other democratically elected presidents that we've had since the end of the civil war. So, i won't lie about how Jonathan is the best thing to happen to Nigeria cos he's not neither is he the worst. He's just there, so no one should exaggerate his performance either positively or negatively. We definitely can't go far by having people like Jonathan in power.

Having said all this, i want us to try something different and see if things will change. It's a risk that we have to take. I voted for Buhari in 2011 not because i know his antecedents but because i bought into the whole anti-corruption crusade which i was not opportuned to during his tenure as a military head of state. I just bought into it anyways because i think corruption is the single biggest problem in Nigeria and anyone that has an idea or will on how to truncate it is welcome. This time around i'm not buying into an idea that i don't understand. Meaning, i won't be supporting Buhari because some people think he will solve every of Nigeria's problems but simply because i want us to take that risk and try something different. I'm ready to take that risk, are you?

just like u said it is your opinion and it will forever remain an opinion

when 2015 comes we shall know

8 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Justcash(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2014
Afam4eva:

I also agree with you and that is why i said that APC is no different from PDP. They know a Fashola is a better candidate but chose chose to sacrifice that on the alter of winning an election. the truth is that they're banking on Buhari's popularity. Fashola on the other hand can't win them a local government yet alone Nigeria. That's the unfortunate truth.

If Buhari and Tinubu can command so much popularity as they have demonstrated, they should have channelled their political influence and efforts towards a better candidate like Fashola. If it is impossible for them to do that and generate support from their supporters, it means that the current political dynamics is not dictated by meritocracy. Why then do you expect people from other ethnic groups, especially Igbos and South Southerners to be meritocratic in the equation and support other candidates over GEJ, no matter how badly he has performed?

If you look at it critically, you'll see that the problem is that there is a current political divide that is based on religious and ethnic affiliation. If Buhari is preferred because he is from the North and he is a Muslim, how do you then expect people from other ethnic groups and religious affiliations not to support their own?

10 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Morkavictor: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2014
No. buhari is stone age

5 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2014
Nope. Maybe if there was a better candidate, definitely not Buhari

6 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Ngwakwe: 11:16am On Dec 13, 2014
Buhari flogged your fathers with koboko and wants to repeat that after 30 years to the children - Na ISIL in view be this my people.

Buhari commanded the arrest and indefinite detention of pro democracy groups who dare talk about Nigeria's political future as far as he (Buhari) was still on the throne

Haba my people, dey take bondage swear for una.

Your vote is your power, together we will put to a stop Buhari's attempt to benefit from the institution he destroyed.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 13, 2014
I can't imagine myself queueing to vote for Buhari, Someone that is old enuf to be my grandfather.Laye God4bid (Never).

7 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Caseless: 11:36am On Dec 13, 2014
Afam, thank u for voting buhari in 2011 and, thank u for deciding not to vote him again.
My msg to u is this; if u are corrupt, u cant fight corruption. If u want corruption to stay, dont vote buhari.

9 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by MaziOmenuko: 11:36am On Dec 13, 2014
As for me and my family, we will vote Buhari, just like we did 4 years ago.

@ngwakwe, I prefer to be flogged than to be blown to pieces by terrorists.

Corruption is the number one problem of the country; and its obvious GEJ breeds corruption.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by ayox2003: 11:48am On Dec 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:
Buhari flogged your fathers with koboko and wants to repeat that after 30 years to the children - Na ISIL in view be this my people.

Buhari commanded the arrest and indefinite detention of pro democracy groups who dare talk about Nigeria's political future as far as he (Buhari) was still on the throne

Haba my people, dey take bondage swear for una.

Your vote is your power, together we will put to a stop Buhari's attempt to benefit from the institution he destroyed.

I believe bondage is when you're neck deep in PDPs suffering for 16years and still want it to continue.

Infact, its a psychological disorder called Stockholm Syndrome <Google it>. Hence, consulting a psychologist or psychiatrist would not be a bad idea for these sufferers undecided

Frawzey.

18 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by chemali: 11:57am On Dec 13, 2014
Our reasoning for queuing up behind Buhari is different however every sensible unbiased Nigerian at a MINIMUM should reason as the op. Can we try something different?

It's crazy when you see perennially unemployed and unemployable Nigerians queueing behind a pdp government. People whose identity card read poverty and have never experienced a good life shouting PDP. Slaves who love their chains will remain in bondage.

6 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Mogidi: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
Caseless:
Afam, thank u for voting buhari in 2011 and, thank u for deciding not to vote him again.
My msg to u is this; if u are corrupt, u cant fight corruption. If u want corruption to stay, dont vote buhari.

But Buhari's anti corruption tag is all he's campaining under. When you realise the same Buhari said on many occasions that Abacha was not corrupt you begin to see the real Buhari.
Buhari only wants power so he can deal with Babangida who threw him off stage in 83.
Nigerians are not about to vote a man just so he can avenge his foe, no way.

7 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Ngwakwe: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
MaziOmenuko:
As for me and my family, we will vote Buhari, just like we did 4 years ago.

@ngwakwe, I prefer to be flogged than to be blown to pieces by terrorists.

Corruption is the number one problem of the country; and its obvious GEJ breeds corruption.

You mean GEJ was the one sharing and collecting the dollar bills at APC presidential primaries at Teslim Balogun Stadium on 10th December, 2015?

Haba, that's not true. At least we know that dollars were matched with dollars.

Tell us what we don't know

6 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Yeske2(m): 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
Afam nwannem o, exactly. I've always been saying this, the activities of these saTANists are pushing more people into Buhari's camp. Welcome on board nwannem ukwu and don't allow yourself to be brainwashed.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by seanet02: 12:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hypocrite.
The same Fashola you always accused of cosmetic projects and anti-masses is whom you now project as a worthy candidate for the office of the President just because you want to discredit Buhari.
Afam4eva:

5 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Caseless: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
Mogidi:

But Buhari's anti corruption tag is all he's campaining under. When you realise the same Buhari said on many occasions that Abacha was not corrupt you begin to see the real Buhari.
Buhari only wants power so he can deal with Babangida who threw him off stage in 83.
Nigerians are not about to vote a man just so he can avenge his foe, no way.
thesame abacha was honoured at centenary celebration last time by gej. Abacha's son was free of all charges last time by gej's administration evn as more loots are being recovered. If buhari said what u ppl tag on him(which he did not) then, gej is saying and doing worst than buhari by his romance with abacha's son.

6 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by Pataki: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
The same Afam that is confused and says one thing today only to slap himself with another reverse comment the next second.

For one, stop lying to yourself. You NEVER voted for Buhari in 2011. Most of us still remember your antecedents on this forum during the 2011 elections.

11 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by dinachi(m): 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nigerians! We can be funny sometimes. The same people rooting for Fashola will still be the ones to condemn Fashola's candidacy based on ethnic balancing. You will begin to hear funny arguments how the Yoruba want to dominate Nigeria by fielding a Yoruba man just a few years after another Yoruba(Obasanjo) had led the country. Most of the people shouting for Fashola are PDP agents trying to divide Nigerians who are resolute in going for Buhari. Buhari is our candidate and we are very resolute in sending the drunk Otuoke curse back to his fishing business.

11 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by ndcide(m): 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
Justcash:

If Buhari and Tinubu can command so much popularity as they have demonstrated, they should have channelled their political influence and efforts towards a better candidate like Fashola. If it is impossible for them to do that and generate support from their supporters, it means that the current political dynamics is not dictated by meritocracy. Why then do you expect people from other ethnic groups, especially Igbos and South Southerners to be meritocratic in the equation and support other candidates over GEJ, no matter how badly he has performed?

If you look at it critically, you'll see that the problem is that there is a current political divide that is based on religious and ethnic affiliation. If Buhari is preferred because he is from the North and he is a Muslim, how do you then expect people from other ethnic groups and religious affiliations not to support their own?

My point exactly.

Although the strength of APC was based on returning power to the north. remove that and APC is dead. in a polarized Nigeria like this you don't strengthen the division. All this was because Yaradua died and GEJ took over rather than a northerner.
This was what caused the hate.

Every thing about APC is about returning power to the Muslim north. only a fool will not know that.

Even if Buhari dies this moment. You think APC will chose a more credible and young Fashola?

The mistake of GEJ was trying to appease people rather than being a strong leader.

Its going to be a strong contest. Its not going to be easy for both parties. one thing is sure there is going to be consequences if either party wins.

Anyway let the ballots speak.

4 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by ndcide(m): 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
dinachi:
Nigerians! We can be funny sometimes. The same people rooting for Fashola will still be the ones to condemn Fashola's candidacy based on ethnic balancing. You will begin to hear funny arguments how the Yoruba want to dominate Nigeria by fielding a Yoruba man just a few years after another Yoruba(Obasanjo) had led the country. Most of the people shouting for Fashola are PDP agents trying to divide Nigerians who are resolute in going for Buhari. Buhari is our candidate and we are very resolute in sending the drunk Otuoke curse back to his fishing business.

Going buy your logic, why not present an Igbo man.
Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by laimo(m): 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
We're not trying Buhari. Afam4eva can only fool his kind.

Buhari will win all over Nigeria next year.All Buhari needs is two-thirds majority votes in at least 24states and we'll get it in 2015.
I look forward to an interesting contest of ideas and if it's words the pdp favorite,that too.

4 Likes

Re: Can We Give Buhari A Try? by 9jii(m): 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
Teedoe25:
I can't imagine myself queueing to vote for Buhari, Someone that is old enuf to be my grandfather.Laye God4bid (Never).

OLD,COMPETENT AND STRONG IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN YOUNG,CLUELESS AND WEAK.

THERE ARE MANY GREAT THINGS DID BY OLD MEN.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Femi Fani Kayode Sings New Song! / Ogun State Governorship Election- Results Of 13 (thirteen) Local Governments / Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.