Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State (7556 Views)

President Buhari Removes Danladi Kifasi As Head Of Service / 30 Days: APC Lists 8 Major Achievements Of Buhari / GMB As Head Of State In 1983 Vs Buhari As President In 2015 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by muami(m): 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
1. He banned the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS)
2. He sacked over 1 million workers
3. He enacted Decree Number 4 to protect dubious government officials from public criticism and to muzzle public opinion.
4. He and other military officers refused to declare their assets publicly as they had earlier promised to do.
5. He banned the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) and the National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD)
6. He dismissed doctors that went on strike and the detention of their leaders for being a 'threat' to 'state security'.
7. He organised an anti-intellectual campaign which included a ban on all politically related symposia and seminars
8. He refused to put ex-President Shagari on trial in order to appease the Muslim north.
9. He paid salaries irregularly and caused shortage of basic commodities
10. He made wives of military officers dealers of the imported rice which he rationed to Nigerians
11. His economic policies caused a over 500% increase (in one year) in the prices of staple foods and essential commodities
12. His economic policies led to a scarcity of cooking oil, soap, milk, rice, sugar, salt and meat
13. He introduced tuition fees in higher institutions which were earlier abolished in 1972.
14. He abandoned the immensely popular Universal Primary Education scheme which the country embarked upon a decade ago which forced thousands of poor urban and rural families to withdraw their children from schools. (NB. The North is still suffering this act!)
15. He detained a number of academics, journalists and students critical of the regime. For example, literary critic 'Biodun Jeyifor of the University of Ife, the novelist Festus Iyayi, the linguist Tunde Fatugba (both of Benin University), the political economist Ola Oni (University of Ibadan), Tai Solarin were variously detained for critical views against the government and for their work in university trade unions
16. He sentenced Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, a long-time critic of arbitrary rule in the country to 5 years in prison.

P.S. I challenge Buharists to challenge or contradict any of these facts!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by holatin(m): 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2014
this will surely make fp
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by Dannylux: 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
Quite an enviable feat.
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by Elparaiso(m): 11:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
I know one major achievement of Jona-Can't too o

3 Likes

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by muami(m): 5:42am On Dec 14, 2014
So far so good. The Buharists have not been able to contradict any of these facts.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by jfking2005(m): 6:09am On Dec 14, 2014
Evidence/source before i comment or i dont believe
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:17am On Dec 14, 2014
Mumu, Buhari never banned NANS (then known as NUNS); Obasanjo did in 1978.

10 Likes

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 14, 2014
He cancelled the Lagos metro rail line being constructed by Jakande then with the excuse of cutting down debt. 3 decades after, the Lagos state government is still sweating to build the same rail line with loan from World Bank, approved by GEJ, thereby incurring that same debt. Yet, the same Lagos state government and Buhari are now eating from the same plate, calling themselves progressives. Where is the connection? The only thing that connects the likes of Buhari and Fashola is tribal hatred for the man GEJ, nothing more.

4 Likes

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by OtunbaJega: 6:40am On Dec 14, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
He cancelled the Lagos metro rail line being constructed by Jakande then with the excuse of cutting down debt. 3 decades after, the Lagos state government is still sweating to build the same rail line with loan from World Bank, approved by GEJ, thereby incurring that same debt. Yet, the same Lagos state government and Buhari are now eating from the same plate, calling themselves progressives. Where is the connection? The only thing that connects the likes of Buhari and Fashola is tribal hatred for the man GEJ, nothing more.

Ifeanyi the herbalist, u don come with your senseless post again abi. .. I heard you raped a girl who came to your shrine in Enugu for abortion

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by macpetrus(m): 6:41am On Dec 14, 2014
Wow... Buhari has nothing to Offer...
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by OtunbaJega: 6:47am On Dec 14, 2014
By the way

Armed with their PVC, my girlfriend, my mum, my 3brothers, my 3 sisters, my 6 cousins, my 2 aunts, my 7uncles & my 15 close friends are ready to vote for GMB.

That's 38 secured votes for the people's general...

Sai Buhari

6 Likes

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by gratiaeo(m): 7:32am On Dec 14, 2014
Buhari is a foolish bigot. He can never rule a democratic Nigeria. NEVER!!!
If u want Buhari to rule you go to his house in Kastina state

3 Likes

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by alotofgrace(m): 7:40am On Dec 14, 2014
reclying presidency.... recycling economic policy....

to achieve same result
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by Borderless: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2014
Hmmmmn, which way Nigeria.
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by azimibraun: 8:31am On Dec 14, 2014
Half the story will never be told... as bad as of these sound, they all just happened without bin consequences of any previous actions? Anyway if you know this much may be you should3 let US in how some of these actions came about. Secondly this leads me to my next question, a question I have always asked; ihow come criminalities like these are redresseed in other clime and the PDP since 1999 still don't have any reason to make buhari face trial for all these allegation s, instead it's buhari promising to jmsje them face trial when he becomes prediddnt5 and true yo him, they are afraid of him becoming predident. So tho do I believe now, buhari a citizen or the federal government with gej as president?
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by muami(m): 10:27am On Dec 14, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

I am not surprised that you don't know that BUHARI BANNED NANS. This is because part from APC members who support Buhari for obvious partisan reasons, only the uninformed, ignorants and illiterates will support a seventy something year old former dictator and illiterate to be President.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 14, 2014
OtunbaJega:
By the way

Armed with their PVC, my girlfriend, my mum, my 3brothers, my 3 sisters, my 6 cousins, my 2 aunts, my 7uncles & my 15 close friends are ready to vote for GMB.

That's 38 secured votes for the people's general...

Sai Buhari
Bros u can lie oo

3 Likes

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:50am On Dec 14, 2014
muami:

I am not surprised that you don't know that BUHARI BANNED NANS. This is because part from APC members who support Buhari for obvious partisan reasons, only the uninformed, ignorants and illiterates will support a seventy something year old former dictator and illiterate to be President.
You've not said what your problem with Buhari is, whether he "banned" NASS or he is in his 70's?
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2014
azimibraun:
Half the story will never be told... as bad as of these sound, they all just happened without bin consequences of any previous actions? Anyway if you know this much may be you should3 let US in how some of these actions came about. Secondly this leads me to my next question, a question I have always asked; ihow come criminalities like these are redresseed in other clime and the PDP since 1999 still don't have any reason to make buhari face trial for all these allegation s, instead it's buhari promising to jmsje them face trial when he becomes prediddnt5 and true yo him, they are afraid of him becoming predident. So tho do I believe now, buhari a citizen or the federal government with gej as president?
Who will jail who
Buahri will jail GEJ if he emerge as d winner
If you believe this u are a learner
Anyways it will be a good 1
Itz then we will knw hw corrupt both them are
As secrets will be blown open
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by muami(m): 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You've not said what your problem with Buhari is, whether he "banned" NASS or he is in his 70's?

Is there a law that I must have only one problem with Buhari. Of course I don't want him to be president because he is empty, and, as shown in the original post, he failed woefully in his previous stint as Head of State. At the same time, I also cannot vote for him because he is now in his old age and can therefore not offer anything new apart from the disaster he offered previously. Are you satisfied now?

2 Likes

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by Caseless: 12:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
OtunbaJega:

Ifeanyi the herbalist, u don come with your senseless post again abi. .. I heard you raped a girl who came to your shrine in Enugu for abortion
i jst de laff.
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by KwoiZabo(m): 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
A person sponsored by a corrupt man (tinubu) cannot fight corruption. Tinubu is the most corrupt politician in Nigeria today. seconded by T.A Orji of Abia State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by vanunu: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2014
During buhari's rule, milk and sugar were called essential commodity, conseqently, shops were not allowed to sell them.

1 Like

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by Ikengawo: 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
GEJ has already won the campaign on the ground, I'm just tired of the lies online.

1 Like

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by atlwireles: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
muami:

You have described the majority of APC maggots here.

1 Like

Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by cronsberg: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
vanunu:
During buhari's rule, milk and sugar were called essential commodity, conseqently, shops were not allowed to sell them.
See this mumu, ofcourse you would not know that sugar/milk is an assential commodity until you hear that it once caused a revolution. And your I.Q limitation would not allow you to reason that milk/sugar can support a wide range of industries like the paint, beverage, food, medical, chemicals, green fuel and such industries. And also go and tell the brazilians that common sugar cane is not an assential commodity, when infact it is the main stay of their economy making them the only energy independent country on earth.
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by APCLyingBastard: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
Buhari is one arrogant individual.

The charlatan thought he knew better than everyone else in the country.

He not only decided to teach grown ups how to behave with the use of frog jumps and Army whips and reduced the whole nation to a barrack forcing citizens to stay home every first Saturday of the month to do the job his govt was supposed to do such as clearing gutters and sweeping public roads.

The man will later sideline the judiciary in place of his infamous military tribunals whose judgements could not be appealed.

For what reason will the govt outlaw the Medical Association and ban Student Unions?

He single handedly destroyed the economy 30yrs ago and he is repeating all the same disastrous policies he was rightfully kicked out for.

I wonder how some one can be so stubborn. My general understanding about stubborn heads who keep doing the same silly stuff over and over again expecting a different result is that they are either insane or grossly illiterate bordering on retardation.
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by APCLyingBastard: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

This is one of the shills who campaigned with lies and propaganda for Buhari.

I hope you all are taking note of the pro Sai Babas because the next ouster of Buhari will not be limited to him but will include zombies like this one.
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by APCLyingBastard: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
holatin:
this will surely make fp

It did not make FP in 2014 and even it did it won't have made any difference since the zombies that populate this forum back then like orlandoowoh would have derailed it with their foolish lies and insults on Jonathan
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by APCLyingBastard: 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
muami:
So far so good. The Buharists have not been able to contradict any of these facts.

Today they are witnessing it live and direct.

Sai Baba 4 life Presidiot
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by APCLyingBastard: 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
OtunbaJega:

Zombie
Re: 16 Major Achievements Of Buhari As Head Of State by blackpanda: 7:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
Looolzzz

Y'all can wail to high heavens. You're inconsequential
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Assembly Denies Endorsing Uche Nwosu, Okorocha's Son-in-law For Governor / 2019: Election Violence Looms In Enugu — NOA / Pictures Of Bandits Roaming The Streets Of Katsina Fully Armed-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.