Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,539 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra (1274 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Kicks Off State Industrialisation With Auto Assembly Plant / Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For $40m Automotive Assembly Plant / Nigeria`s Best Hotel,Intercontinental Hotel, Designed By Nigerian Firms. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by Ikengawo: 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
[size=15pt]Chinese, Nigerian firms set to build $40m tractor assembly plant in Anambra[/size]

A Chinese company, Xiamen XGMA International Trade Company ltd in partnership with Richbon Truck and Equipment ltd are set to build a $40 million (N6.4 billion) tractor assembly plant in Nigeria. Xiamen vice president, Mr. Sahm Yap, said in Lagos that the partnership would lead to the local manufacture of XGMA tractors, heavy-duty machineries and equipment. He said the assembly plant, which will be built in Anambra State, will be used for the manufacture of majority of its earth-moving machineries and will also provide job opportunities for about 5,000 Nigerians when completed.

“One of the reasons for our visitation to Nigeria is to assess the progress thus far on the heavy-duty construction and equipment assembly plant. “When we signed the franchise last year with XGMA, one of the top in agenda is to have made-in-Nigeria construction equipment, which will be the first of its kind so far. “In no distant time, when the discussion gets to the peak; because this year we have been able to sign MoU in line with government’s policy.” He added, “besides the reason of assembling plant, we will discuss business in Nigeria and other businesses related to manufacturing. “We pay a very high attention to this visit because Nigeria is an important market for us. We plan to build Nigeria as a centre for West Africa in sales, after sales and manufacturing.” Yap said that the benefit Nigeria’s economy would get from the partnership includes the ready availability of XGMA high quality machines at good prices, a development that would help the construction sector.

Read full story here: http://www.today.ng/business/chinese...nt-in-anambra/

3 Likes

Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
good news!

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by johnwizey: 3:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
Ok
Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by estyvino(m): 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
Fresh air too cool, ride GEJ on with your transforming the economy of this nation. Peace to our motherland

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by Morkavictor: 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
Good news.Anambra adi ba go mma.

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by motherlode: 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2014
shocked do you know how much that is when you convert the money to naira now that it has been devalued? $40m undecided
This administration wants to ruin this economy! and after that deal i am sure they are going to import materials for assembling those tractors wink
is this the time to sign construction deals or to make corrections to the downturn of the economy? HABA, this is serious!!! cheesy
Or are they trying to re-coup money for their election campaigns? grin Who knows? undecided
Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
Whenever an Ibadam dweller spits you dont need a prophet to tell you it must be repulsive because of excessive drinking from corroded zincs

motherlode:
shocked do you know how much that is when you convert the money to naira now that it has been devalued? $40m undecided
This administration wants to ruin this economy! and after that deal i am sure they are going to import materials for assembling those tractors wink
is this the time to sign construction deals or to make corrections to the downturn of the economy? HABA, this is serious!!! cheesy
Or are they trying to re-coup money for their election campaigns? grin Who knows? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by holatin(m): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
dats cool but Chinko product don't last as my neighbor do say
Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
If you ask me the no 1 priority of this present government, i will boldly tell you agriculture and agroallied businesses.

Agriculture is becoming more popular than premiership in Anambra, many people are forming agric coperative societies and the number of farms in Anambra is increasing daily.

4 Likes

Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by ChimaAgbalajob: 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
Ikengawo:
[size=15pt]Chinese, Nigerian firms set to build $40m tractor assembly plant in Anambra[/size]

Read full story here: http://www.today.ng/business/chinese...nt-in-anambra/

[size=14pt]Wow!
The Number one Anambra hater himself posting an Anambra story!

Someone asked Ikengawo during his anti-Anambra tirade, the cultural or linguistic difference between an Uli person in Anambra to an Mgbidi, Orlu or Awommama person in Imo state and he fell silent. What is the cultural or linguistic difference between an Umunze person in Anambra and some one from Umunneochi or even Isiukwuato person from Abia state? ....and he could not answer! Truth is that they are the same clan with the same dialect and culture but were separated by the borders drawn during state creation.
Why then do you hate your brother so much because he belongs to a different state from you?

It is a shame this intelligent Igboman like Ikengawo, who has even immigrated to USA, has decided to use his gift to work against the unity and prosperity of the Igbo nation. It is indeed a tragedy!
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by Ikengawo: 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
If you ask me the no 1 priority of this present government, i will boldly tell you agriculture and agroallied businesses.

Agriculture is becoming more popular than premiership in Anambra, many people are forming agric coperative societies and the number of farms in Anambra is increasing daily.

Very glad to hear this. It seems the winds of change are blowing and our people are finally getting realistic about development
Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
GEJ till 2019
Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by Ikengawo: 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
ChimaAgbalajob:

[size=14pt]Wow!
The Number one Anambra hater himself posting an Anambra story!

Someone asked Ikengawo during his anti-Anambra tirade, the cultural or linguistic difference between an Uli person in Anambra to an Mgbidi, Orlu or Awommama person in Imo state and he fell silent. What is the cultural or linguistic difference between an Umunze person in Anambra and some one from Umunneochi or even Isiukwuato person from Abia state? ....and he could not answer! Truth is that they are the same clan with the same dialect and culture but were separated by the borders drawn during state creation.
Why then do you hate your brother so much because he belongs to a different state from you?

It is a shame this intelligent Igboman like Ikengawo, who has even immigrated to USA, has decided to use his gift to work against the unity and prosperity of the Igbo nation. It is indeed a tragedy!
[/size]

shhhh
Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
Morkavictor:
Good news.Anambra adigo mma.
FIXED

1 Like

Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by Nonybb: 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
GEJ TILL 2019 till Buhari shout Praise the Lord

2 Likes

Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by motherlode: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
Whenever an Ibadan dweller tells you the truth and you don't believe it then it must be as a result of excessive drinking of fermented palm wine + orijin

i corrected your post for you because after i checked your profile i saw there wasn't anything useful i can get from you unless you are being recycled so i recycled your post and leave you to God extra-ordinary recycling and Deliverance. cheesy and who told you i am from ibadan? You must be from the moon! wink
Re: Chinese, Nigerian Firms Set To Build $40m Tractor Assembly Plant In Anambra by Ikengawo: 1:27am On Dec 15, 2014
Between this and innoson several smaller industries are set to boom as well such as commercial transport, melt fabricators and producers of goods that they can us like screws, bolts, leather belts, glass etc.

(1) (Reply)

Igobo Are Claiming Lagos / PHOTOS !!!!! Obasanjo Tears His PDP Membership Card In Public / Picture Of Women Collecting PDP Rice And Yam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.