Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? (8948 Views)

Poll: Banning female corpers from working in bank

I support it: 26% (15 votes)
I don't support it.: 73% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / Two Female Corpers Set Ablaze In Rivers State / JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by DavidDylan(m): 3:23am On Dec 06, 2008
JJYOU:

bro david, they are the ones doing the exploiting here o.

na so we see am. They use their assets to exploit us.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by JJYOU: 3:24am On Dec 06, 2008
[b]Eid-el-kabir, Xmas Blues: Abuja Prostitutes Buy Celebrities’ Phone Numbers - Reps, N10,000; Senators, N20,000; FEC Members, N50,000[/b]

Idowu Samuel, Abuja - 06.12.2008

Prostitutes in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, have devised a new method of making money from top celebrities, most especially, federal legislators, by buying up their mobile telephone numbers.

The new device by the prostitutes is their own means of making sufficient money ahead of the eid-el-kabir festival and the Christmas celebrations.

Latest findings by Saturday Tribune revealed that the women of easy virtue would approach close friends, relations, house helps and acquaintances of the celebrities demanding their telephone numbers for particular fees.

It was learnt that the prostitutes have been offering so much as N10,000 to get a telephone line of any member of the House of Representatives, while they could offer N20,000 to get the telephone line of any senator and N50,000 to obtain the telephone line of any member of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), known to have a knack for delectable ladies and undercover enjoyment.

On getting the telephone lines, the ladies, mostly students, from tertiary institutions from across the federation, would call their prospective prey and give stories of an earlier familiar encounter they had had at different occasions.

According to findings, any of the celebrity so called would express surprise on how the women got their numbers, as they were usually alarmed that they never encountered any such woman.

The desperate women would again give a vivid description of how they met and agreed to have date, pointing out rather that it was the celebrity in question who voluntarily offered his telephone line to that effect.

In most cases, a smart prey would play along and call for a meeting with the lady after which he would subsequently discover that the particular lay was only playing pranks to extort money from him.

Many of the lawmakers; senators and House of Representatives, members who spoke with Saturday Tribune confirmed that they had received strange calls from women who were desperately seeking their attention.

They specifically disclosed that they started receiving such calls almost immediately after they had collected their due allocations, an indication that the prostitutes had put them under strict surveillance.

Some principal officials of both chambers of the National Assembly also confirmed that they were the most pressurized by the Abuja women of easy virtues.

Findings revealed that some of the celebrities fell prey to the antics of the prostitutes, most especially to the so-called delectable ones who eventually led them to orgies of sexual escapades.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/06122008/news/news2.html
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by na2day2(m): 3:44am On Dec 06, 2008
why should i be bothered by a slowpoke's statement? the fact that u dont live in nigeria don't mean u can't intelligently contribute to its future or partake in an intelligent conversation of the same. i happened to have served in ogun state, some of my folks are high and mighty in NYSC and i didn't want them to influence my posting. my mom wanted me to be transferred back to Abuja bcuz she thought that 3weeks of camp is all the experience i need and got my uncle to transfer me back, when i got to know, i totally said no. my uncle decided to let me be and got in touch with NYSC boss in ogun; when i got back to ogun, the NYSC boss there told me to pick where i wanted to serve, NNPC(and I have been to that NNPC, the free food is totally awesome and so was the pay), some banks and some other choice options, i chose a school in imeko-afon, a far lost place like that and i learned alot from my experience. I introduce computer science in the school and started their road to having a computer lab in a school where there is no light. after almost 2yrs, i went back to visit them, they now have a generator for the lab and the computers are working. I hope to visit nigeria next year and i hope to go to ogun again to check on how the lab is doing in that school. I also got some other corpers to join me sponsor a girl through school still she got into polytechnic, and still date i still try to keep tab of her progress whenever i can get useful info about her. i was nicked name imeko after the village bcuz i made that village popular among the corpers in Abeokuta and Ijebu-ode, meanwhile i had girls that wanted the bank and NNPC posting like die, my friend told me i must be a fool bcuz he was waiting for me outside the office when i was offered due to my uncle position in abuja but i turned it down, i saw it as my opportunity to see nigeria other than what i have been "caged in" to experience. so please just ignore loud mouths like game rod that just talk crap.

JJYOU:

how did you miss game rod piece then?
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 06, 2008
@ kweenisha and co,
I can see how passionate you're defending women who are ready to act as whores. Are you one? Well, the poster and all respondents only feel it ain't right for women to be degraded and their bodies commercialized. People should learn to think objectively and not stupidly.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by dammytosh: 6:09am On Dec 06, 2008
Naira land is a funny land, We reason like our leaders.

I cant imagine so much post on such an unreasonable statement from a chairman.

, hisses and closes INTERNET EXPLORER , embarassed
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by blacklion(m): 7:13am On Dec 06, 2008
NEPA ke? Waterworks ko? Some replies by some females suggests it has been many years since they left Nigeria and they are not current

I really don't see any easy answer to this problem. The LGA chairman's statement was an unconsidered emotional outburst. Its clearly wrong to limit women’s career opportunities or to exclude female corpers from serving in banks just because some girls want to continue the runs they were doing on campus. But we must acknowledge there’s something fundamentally wrong when our banking sector has been turned to a front for corporate prostitution. These days girls don’t even reject being made to do marketing work – they see as opportunity to meet big guys who they can hook up with.

But the female bankers have their professional associations. They are not talking about this issue. Also, the womens NGOs in Nigeria are not talking much about it. It appears they think corporate prostitution is an acceptable price to pay in order for women to have career opportunities in the financial sector.

If we are not careful, a time will come when virtually every female in the banking sector will be regarded [however unjustly] as a corporate prostitute based on assumption that all female bankers are into it.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by DoubleN(m): 8:04am On Dec 06, 2008
Why should the be banned? Na Today Country Spoil?
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by cvibe: 8:16am On Dec 06, 2008
Ban ke?

And give them what, Keke Napep?
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by tubabie(f): 9:06am On Dec 06, 2008
dammytosh:

Naira land is a funny land, We reason like our leaders.

I can't imagine so much post on such an unreasonable statement from a chairman.

, hisses and closes INTERNET EXPLORER , embarassed
thank you jo.
i don't know why posters sometimes talk off point and don't give reasonable contributions. cool
the chairman has called for the ban, is it right? of course it aint right In my opinion because the main cause of the rot has not been addressed.
the tone of the thread make it sound like all the ladies in banks are whores and willing participants in the rot.
what happened to us suggesting an active and binding legislature to tackle this with an avenue for anonymous complaints from unwilling ladies.
instead we go on ranting about how bad the ladies are . granted such exists but please do away with GENERALISATION on a public forum like this, you misinform based on sentiments. angry angry angry angry
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Suntemi(m): 9:42am On Dec 06, 2008
Will you decide not to allow your child to go to the University because there is cultism in Higher Institution.

The Chairman sounds very funny to me.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by BluMalam(m): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2008
Amazing. Every poster missed the Chairmans point.

His reason is that the exploitation rubbishes the motive of the NYSC scheme, all this talk of the ladies jostling for bank postings and the appropriateness or not of their behaviour is not the issue here.

In addition, this practice is by private institutions, not public (which is supposed to be), and the corpers are paid peanuts, which is where the labour exploitation comes in.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Moyo1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2008
Orishirishi. My question is: If banks are truly doing this things, is banning of female corpers the means to stop it?. People had better start reasoning objectively.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by MrCrackles(m): 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2008
I dont think they should be banned, the country is rotten in the first place so it would cause more chaos and confusion

Morality is the problem here and it is down to everyone concerned individual to check thier morality and decency levels

The chairman that suggested this is an idiot. I bet he his doing this so people can say "oh yes he made some contributions" but i think he his a slowpoke!!

Her prolly wanted to deflect attention from the fact that he his not doing a good job and prolly looting govt funds

If i had could see the idiot chairman right now, i will spit in his face, slowpoke!!
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by doncaster(m): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2008
tubabie:

what happened to us suggesting an active and binding legislature to tackle this with an avenue for anonymous complaints from unwilling ladies.
This is a good idea in a working country and not a failed one like ours. Even the legislators that will legislate are guilty of the crime. They will never lock themselves out.

blacklion:

But the female bankers have their professional associations. They are not talking about this issue. Also, the womens NGOs in Nigeria are not talking much about it. It appears they think corporate prostitution is an acceptable price to pay in order for women to have career opportunities in the financial sector.
Itz high time you guys know that NGO and all those professional association have little or no impact in our society(Nigeria). The bank ogas has the benjamin to control the Ngo's and P Assoc's. Even the NGO's can't do anything on their own, they need the government which we don't have.

MrCrackles:

If i had could see the idiot chairman right now, i will spit in his face, slowpoke!!
Are u sure? if yes your moronity is raised to infinity.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by AMIGO112(m): 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2008
What is all this noise about sef! some of us talk as if we dont know our country again.
the truth is that while there are people who will follow due process there are others who
will sleep with anything to get where they want.in fact like someone said, it is even some of these ladies
who seek out these influential men esp in NYSC camps. if you play with fire you you will burn
likewise if you dangle yourself like bait to men, walahi they will chop and clean mouth.
Banning is totally out of the question, so Mr. LG Chairman should please shut up,We are talking
about fellow human beings without social security from Govt,when we need a lesson on looting
be sure we will contact you.
For all the ladies out there,go about things the right way and leave the rest to God.
I rest my case.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by GodfreyA1: 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2008
The thought of the name Nigeria, is almost a nightmare as everything is wrong with it. This is just one out of many other problems we face 2day. For me , banning the female folks is not the answer. We all need to have self disciipline and be less egoistic in attitude.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by DonGotti(m): 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2008
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by duduspace(m): 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2008
There you have my dear country's typical reactionary solution to problems, if you have an headache just cut off your head abi.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by xyoung: 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2008
make una forget matter.First of all wetin carry dis chicks go bank go find work.Anything they see, they should accept it and stop complaining.
Even if you have to Bleep to get a job,all join

REMEMBER YOU ARE IN NIGERIA WHERE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by gentlegg(m): 3:20pm On Dec 06, 2008
Well, the chairman's statement has good intention but his proffered solution is not really the solution.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by xyoung: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2008
Since our leaders have failed to leads ,
Its now time for evrybody 2 do wat you like,
i mean LIVE YOUR LIFE

you know SHIT HAPPENS in 9ja cheesy cheesy cheesy

REMEMBER YOU ARE IN NIGERIA WHERE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by ibrahim007: 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2008
Hey ma sis,i've worked in a bank too and i would rather not marry than to marry a gurl working in a bank wit too muac money. Na facto.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by mecylee(f): 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2008
[center]My brethren it seem that we are trying to over flog this topic, we all know the truth about this matter but my question is what is the way out i mean what is the solution to this mess in fact am ashame [/center]
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by sherrylo: 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2008
Yes we have this problem in Nigeria, but banning women from serving in Banks is not the solution that is just going to be gender inequality.Lets think of a better option to savage the situation.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by reindeer: 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2008
I dont think working in the banks is the problem, regardless of where you put a prostitute she'll find a way to practice her trade, so stopping them from working in banks is out of it, there are many respectable women in banks.
On the ther hand, i wonder why all the famale activists who cry to high heavens for women to be respected cant stop other women from being marketing 'items' eg, in music videos( you can get like 10 for a dollar!), for car sales, for phone adverts etc
If they succeed in doing that then maybe people will respect women a little more and stop seeing them like mere sex objects.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by duduspace(m): 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2008
Abeg make the man go siddon and work out how he will make life better for the people in his local government. Since the dawn of man, the strong and the powerful have always exploited the weak and if you can't beat them you definitely end up joining them except if you want to become kolomental with poverty and continuously unsatisfied longings.

Some problems are inherent in human nature and there is no damn thing anyone can do to eliminate them, the only thing you can do is to create an environment where it is reduced to the barest minimum. Let nobody fool himself that this doesn't happen in developed countries, it is only that such countries are less conservative in their view of sex while their relative economic bouyancy, equitable distribution of wealth and standard of living reduces the desperation to make it at all cost afterall if everything else fails you, you have social welfare to fall upon to save you from starvation.

My point is that things like this happen in every society, it only manifests differently for example I can assure you that similar things to what happens in the Nigerian banking sector happens in the showbiz and entertainment sector of most developed countries for example "Hollywood" and I'm not talking about stars who have made it only; remember that for every Halle Berry and Angelina Jolie you see, there are hundreds of budding startlets who have bit the dust a long time ago. Besides, each society has its red light district (even the so called Sharia societies) and if the country's economic situation has turned our banks into red light districts for the moneybags then it is simply another example of the "crossover success" potential of the sex industry afterall stranger things has happened in the past such as religious temples turning into brothels and that is not an unmitigated disaster no matter how distasteful it sounds.

As long as we have men in "high places" with unlimited libidos who would do anything to plough any available "bermuda triangle" and girls and women who are either willing to do anything to become "successful" or economically desperate enough to escape the economic rat race that Nigeria has become, this "issue" will remain with us, it is simply the law of demand and supply at work. Notice my use of the term "issue" and not "problem", this is because I can almost assure you that some of those who do these things don't see it as a problem and are even asking themselve what the Chairman's beef is maybe na because him daughter no get job for bank.

There is no one solution for such an issue that has its roots deep in the prevailing economic situation and the societal mindset that allows we menfolk to "fool around", the chairman is simply at his wit's end and blabbing rubbish.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by zheroes(m): 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2008
If any is less than 18years old then they shud be banned, this is democracy! freedom to LOOT aka SHARE THE MONEY, freedom to laugh shud you see the need to and freedom to speak like the LG chairman has spoken.

why ban female corp members from serving in banks, does he (LG CHAIRMAN) not patronise prostitutes with his pot belly?
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by naijaking1: 12:44am On Dec 07, 2008
The psychology of over protecting women is simple= sexual deprivation.

So when government officials, elected or appointed begin to chase women round and round in the name of protecting them, indecent dressing, or even bad religious manners; simply ask them one question: are you getting enough at home?

The answer is always NO. So please don't mind Uche Anioke. cool
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by na2day2(m): 2:47am On Dec 07, 2008
reindeer:

I don't think working in the banks is the problem, regardless of where you put a prostitute she'll find a way to practice her trade, so stopping them from working in banks is out of it, there are many respectable women in banks.
On the ther hand, i wonder why all the famale activists who cry to high heavens for women to be respected can't stop other women from being marketing 'items' eg, in music videos( you can get like 10 for a dollar!), for car sales, for phone adverts etc
If they succeed in doing that then maybe people will respect women a little more and stop seeing them like mere sex objects.

nothing will stop that bcuz sex sells unless people stop buying into sex; as long as people buy into sex, it will continue to sell. look at how they sell video games now, check out those video game mags, the front pages now in many are sexual contents and alot of folks buy it just to have the front page. so we need to first change our corrupt minds, that will kill 80% of the current tv shows/music, then there will not be stupid girls doing stupid stuff to satisfy stupid folks
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by otokx(m): 10:34am On Dec 07, 2008
@ na2day

well said
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by na2day2(m): 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2008
thank u ooo jare

otokx:

@ na2day

well said
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by babadee(m): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2008
Banning them could be counter productive!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nysc Batch C 2014......yobe Corpers...where Una!! / Etc Loan Be Warned! !! / The Minimum Wage Of N17, 000 Is Nonsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.