Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? (8947 Views)

Poll: Banning female corpers from working in bank

I support it: 26% (15 votes)
I don't support it.: 73% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / Two Female Corpers Set Ablaze In Rivers State / JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by NnaNna4(m): 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2008
I dont know if most of u hav been following mr shamsudeen usman speech (min of finance) during his screening for ministerial post. Then he was deputy governor centr bank of nig.

he said it right there in the senate floor that he is going to stop this menace by bank using ladies to consolidate.
b4 he could make this statement he has proofs. the senators whose cash they are jostling for are invoved (the beneficiaries) so where do u take ur case to if not God.

some posted a thread sometime ago about bank mds showing off. that is because they have slave girls digging for them.

now lets approach this objectively

some ladies 'run things' in sch. to survive, wht if they decide to do their masters in the bankin sector

my only worries are the very young one 24yrs and below who are are been used.they jump in naive, the next time
u meet them they are weird, u cant even toast them again.

Targets include senator reps LG charman etc

my answer is they should not be banned but female corpers themselves should be able to make a choice
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Luchitec(m): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2008
The ladies seem to be enjoying the stress and the pecks associated with being a marketer in a bank. That country don wowo!
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by denobleman(m): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2008
Hey quys,

What are we all arguing here?

Women,Women,Sex,Sex

Good and Factual but we seems to have missed a vital point and that is why the LG Boss advocated that female Corpers be restricted from working banks.

The reason that he gave is that what he sees that these female corpers do while serving the father land(yes,you heard me clearly) defeats the objective of the NYSC program.

The program which he said was initiated by the Gowon Regime(not administration)to inculcate discipline,work, and a sense of nationality etc.

Be that as it may, I really commend him for speaking the ill that he has found and suggesting a way forward to build a better future.

Can someone tell me:
1.What is the objective of NYSC?

2.In pursuant of the said objective,is it a must that corpers will be deployed to banks and other institution save educational and health institutions?

Let's be realistic and not this aimless gossip and arguements that lead us no way.

Thanks
Afam Uzoechina
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Outstrip(f): 4:32am On Dec 08, 2008
denobleman you are talking alot but saying nothing. Why is stopping women from serving in banks the solution. This is why Nigeria is so behind in everything. This is the same argument that people had when they were saying that women should dress more conservatively so they do not get raped. Put policies in place. That is what public servants are paid to do. They are not not paid to sit down and think of these silly non solutions that a 2nd grader can come up with. A man asking a woman for sex to get a job is a crime. Why are they not pursuing it from that angle since we already have those laws in place.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by na2day2(m): 6:39am On Dec 08, 2008
quit trying to reason with folks like him, u will just end up with a headache lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Outstrip:

denobleman you are talking alot but saying nothing. Why is stopping women from serving in banks the solution. This is why Nigeria is so behind in everything. This is the same argument that people had when they were saying that women should dress more conservatively so they do not get raped. Put policies in place. That is what public servants are paid to do. They are not not paid to sit down and think of these silly non solutions that a 2nd grader can come up with. A man asking a woman for sex to get a job is a crime. Why are they not pursuing it from that angle since we already have those laws in place.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Echidime(m): 8:19am On Dec 08, 2008
Female Corpers working in BANKS,Do they even wear their NYSC uniform? INstead they prefer to wear short skirt to reveal their Delicious sexy legs grin grin grin they are even enjoying the all types of Hummers driving into their Garage. So they can't report anyting.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by seyibrown(f): 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2008
Someone please ask this guy if he has always been faithful to his wife(wives).

He might as well say that all women should be sacked from their jobs and kept at home.
Don't they deeply examine the implications and consequences of their suggestions and actions?
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by touchmeder: 12:14am On Dec 09, 2008
i knew of this chick during service who one bank wanted to kill with not only work, closing late and unrealistic target for a corper but also the issue of dating him. nor b her correct head she use run to change the place where she was posted to.luckily for her she had connections with somebody in NYSC and so she was equally able to get.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by touchmeder: 12:15am On Dec 09, 2008
i knew of this chick during service who one bank wanted to kill with not only work, closing late and unrealistic target for a corper but also the issue of dating her boss. nor b her correct head she use run to change the place where she was posted to.luckily for her she had connections with somebody in NYSC and so she was equally able to get a good place to finish her service year.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by somidot(m): 3:04am On Dec 09, 2008
i don't think banning them is the solution to whatever problemo is they are facing in banks, i rather think some sort of mechanisms should be put in place to regulate the kind of jobs they can do and encourage them to report any sort of inconsistency.

undecided if they will be paid by the banks in lots of zeros for reporting, then i think they will be encouraged enof. the only problem may be that then, we'l have lots of bogus reports.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by fyneguy: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2008
First, this cuts across all sectors. It even happens in the electronic media- I'm told some female newscasters sleep with news producers to get frequent slots to read news.

Even in Telecommunications, some of the call centre ladies sleep with their bosses to curry favour. I recall a case of a customer service manager in one of the gsm firms that left for another gsm firm to explore new grounds (the ladies).

It'll be unfair to say all the ladies are willing. Some of them are coerced into it, though not really an excuse.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by blacklion(m): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2008
A man asking a woman for sex to get a job is a crime. Why are they not pursuing it from that angle since we already have those laws in place.

@ outstrip

I don't know of any law in Nigeria [or even in US or UK] that makes it an offence for an employer or a boss to demand sex from an employee or a job seeker. In UK or US, such demands constitute sexual harassment for which the boss can be fired by the company and the lady can sue him in court for damages. But he cannot be prosecuted and sent to jail as it is not a criminal offence. In Nigeria, such demands are clearly amount to sexual abuse/exploitation which may be a breach of the company's ethical code or code of conduct or disciplinary rules. But it is not a criminal offence punishable under the general law. If the male boss touched the lady's body or tried to intimidate her, she can sue in civil court for assault or battery.

As for the other aspect of making female marketers to prostitute themselves, the bosses [male and female] are very crafty - they will never tell the lady directly to do anything in particular to get deposits but by the time, the lady is faced with unrealistic targets and her co-workers tell her what they do to generate the deposits, she falls into line. So it is very difficult for the lady to make a legal complaint against the boss since the boss never told her explicitly to go and sleep with anybody.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by timmfikk(m): 11:08am On Dec 09, 2008
leave bankers for God sake, is bank the only people u can raise thread about?
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by switch47(m): 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2008
@topic
Banning the ladies wont solve the problem, there are more intelligent suggestions to explore!!
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by fe32(m): 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2008
this is as stupid as it sounds, anyway, no problems, if e fit employ all of dem,
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Fimmy(m): 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2008
IT students too should be stopped
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Fimmy(m): 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2008
IT students too should be stopped.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by nomanicole(f): 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2008
girls should not be banned from serving in banks but should be banned from marketting,i was posted to the bank but after sitting down and checking what i was getting into i reported late and had to be rejected, i got a better place where i go to work without fears and my soul is at peace with me, many pple thought i was stupid for not rushing to work in the bank,anything that would make you feel totally useless dont do it, not for selfish gains.or better still it should be a thing of choice,if you want to market,good! if you dont,fine! your job remains
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by na2day2(m): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2008
now that is wat i call a good conscience. good for u girl, u did the right thing for ur soul. u got posted to abuja? u didnt give me update on the NYSC thread

nomanicole:

girls should not be banned from serving in banks but should be banned from marketting,i was posted to the bank but after sitting down and checking what i was getting into(prostitution) i reported late and had to be rejected, i got a better place where i go to work without fears and my soul is at peace with me, many people thought i was stupid for not rushing to work in the bank,anything that would make you feel totally useless don't do it, not for selfish gains.or better still it should be a thing of choice,if you want to market,good! if you don't,fine! your job remains
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Cory(f): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2008
LOL!!! This is happening for real mehn,
Makes me laugh, HE HE HE grin grin
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by angelina08(f): 8:23am On Dec 10, 2008
In fact, if you compare the salaries female corpers get in banks, you wouldnt see any marginal difference in their replies. Before the recapitalization of banks and before the mouth watering perks of the new generation banks, female corpers loathed the idea of working in a bank because they were old school and didnt give them the oportunity to flex their assets. The trend was to sleep their way through oil companies or big companies, now banks are the in thing and an added advantage is the opportunity to market and get to know more big men or guys to make their target.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by ladej(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2008
bannin women is not the answer. whoever will prositute will regardless of whether its in the church, mosque, office, street, school or house! grin
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by zorg: 11:15am On Dec 12, 2008
the way men want to turn women into wall pieces is very annoying
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2008
d
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by Olabimpes: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2008
well as for me i wan serve and work for bank o, so abeg make any body no
limited my stand with their bad bello. gbam
lipsrsealed
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by PiMpjUiCe1: 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2008
its funny how people post dumb comments here on nairaland, all in an attempt to make sense,
i havent seen 3posts close to addressing the issue,
true, he chairman's talk was dumb. more true is the dumbness in most posts here, that he raised the point only goes to show that he acknowledges there's a problem with the system. his dumb suggestion is atypical of our leaders so he should be excused, its left to us to debate and profer reasonable solutions, however, we should ask ourselves:
1 who's exploiting who?
2 where are the nonesense NGO's that go around about women rights when a woman gets beaten or when she's denied of sth they deem rightfully theirsw
3 why aren't the womenfolk complaining?
4 did it have to take a man to complain about women right? (

this whole thiny doesnt make sense to me,
and to those that say the ladies dont have a choice, how about moving back to the village to work on a farm? before u jump on my back, farming is a very lucrative business, ask obj!
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by akume(m): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2008
why not ?
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by nomanicole(f): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2008
@na2day
sorry, i didnt see the thread on nysc,or cant remember.what actually did you want to find out,do you still want to know or have you found answers?can i be of help?
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by na2day2(m): 2:13am On Dec 13, 2008
i told u that if u get posted to abuja, i will like us to meet and hangout when i visit next yr. i also told u that my brother works at NNPC, if u wanted any help, he might know one or 2 people

nomanicole:

@na2day
sorry, i didnt see the thread on nysc,or can't remember.what actually did you want to find out,do you still want to know or have you found answers?can i be of help?
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by adetoyan(m): 7:26am On Dec 13, 2008
What exactly is the point you people are making sef? Is it today that woman will use their sexuality to gain an advantage? Big Deal! That's the world as it is for you and not just Nigeria. I agree a lot of Nigerian women are materialistic and self serving but the truth of the matter is that we men sef don't help matters. Afterall if we were ignoring these so called ladies of easy virtue fewer would dare to try. It's just like Yahoo Yahoo; the lady has one rich or comfortable idiot who's ready to splash big money on her just for sex. Natural progression dictates that if you see your equal getting ahead of you, then you will try to catch up by any means possible. So if your equal is sleeping around and making money then the easiest way for you to catch up is to join the train. The problem is with our value system in Nigeria; we reward and celebrate people that have this so called money without considering where it came from. A girl is only called a Big Girl when she has slept around and siphoned enough money from rich men. Banning won't solve anything; instead it will only deny sensible ones from getting to there destination.

Basic human nature is selfish and self serving; if anything is going to change it will have to start with individuals willing to stand for change!

Impact for Life
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by spoilt(f): 1:02am On Dec 15, 2008
Why anyone has to sleep with anyone to get a job in the bank is beyond me. Those banks hire so many people each year that you dont have to put out in order to be considered. With all their expansions and branches popping up even in small villages there is opportunity aplenty. Those girls or corpers who want to use their feminine wiles to get in and get ahead will soon discover that only real substance will get you ahead in the long run. I dont think they have to ban female corpers. That would be ruining opportunities for many women who just want to start an honest banking career.
Re: Should Female Corpers Be Banned From Serving In Banks? by yaris(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2008
why should the be banned, this is bullshit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nysc Batch C 2014......yobe Corpers...where Una!! / Etc Loan Be Warned! !! / The Minimum Wage Of N17, 000 Is Nonsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.