Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Thread For PHD Students - Education (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For PHD Students (326865 Views)

Which University In Nigeria or abroad Accepts 3.0 Msc Grade For Phd Admission? / 4 Good Reason Why You Should Go For Phd And 7 Bad Reasons Why You Should Not / Presidential Scholarship Scheme For Ist Class Nigerian Graduates For Phd Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For PHD Students by A001: 3:36am On Jun 06, 2023
MrJaay:

You don't need to worry about publishing cost for your scientific papers. Many SCOPUS and Web of Science indexed journals do not require publication fees. The quality of your paper, and your ability to scale the peer review processes will determine the publication of your paper.

Here's an aggregator that you can use to sieve appropriate journals for your manuscript:
https://www.scimagojr.com/journalrank.php

Best wishes.
Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by semmyk(m): 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
I use Scimago to check if a journal is worth my time/effort.
Obviously with time, even without Scimago, you'll be able to appraise the quality of an intended journal.
The more you get entrenched in your field, the more you'll 'determine' journal relevance and quality, as well as draft quality manuscripts.
MrJaay:
.. ... Here's an aggregator that you can use to sieve appropriate journals for your manuscript:
https://www.scimagojr.com/journalrank.php
A001:
Please, any recommendations for low-cost journals to publish scientific papers?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by A001: 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
semmyk:
I use Scimago to check if a journal is worth my time/effort.
Obviously with time, even without Scimago, you'll be able to appraise the quality of an intended journal.
The more you get entrenched in your field, the more you'll 'determine' journal relevance and quality, as well as draft quality manuscripts.

Okay, thanks.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Jbhunt: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2023
KelvinCoaster:

You can proceed with your Ph.D at NOUN.
What really matters is the quality of your research! NOUN is an approved tertiary institution in Nigeria as published in the National Universities Commission(NUC) website.
So, you are safe! Just make sure your Ph.D research work will solve "unanswered questions".
Good luck to you!

Please I am considering doing my masters in NOUN . Is it advisable
Re: Thread For PHD Students by KelvinCoaster(m): 6:05pm On Jun 15, 2023
Jbhunt:

Please I am considering doing my masters in NOUN . Is it advisable
It is very advisable.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by ccffwx: 10:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
I have an education conference to attend in Ireland and the deadline is fast approaching. I would appreciate if a good Samaritan can help cover some of the registration fee, visa and flight ticket, which is about 1k euros. I will really appreciate it as I'm a teacher who is passionate about education. I also want to upskill so that I add value to my students and society. It's 1k euros, thanks. I also have proof of the conference invitation as speaker. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2023
Hi House, i need a copy of the following publications. They are not open access journals hence a subscription is required to access them.
Spatio-temporal monitoring of leachates dispersion beneath a solid wastes dump in basement complex of southwestern Nigeria
MA Adabanija - Journal of Applied Geophysics, 2023 - Elsevier

Hydro-geochemical characterization and water quality appraisal of groundwater in areas adjoining primordial landfills in the Maastrichtian Lafia Formation, Middle Benue Trough
SE Obrike, LD Aleku, GK Anudu
International Journal of Energy and Water Resources, 1-15

Thanks alot! My email is lataloma2003@yahoo.co.uk.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by semmyk(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
serenegroup:
... ...
Adabanija, M. A. (2023). Spatio-temporal monitoring of leachates dispersion beneath a solid wastes dump in basement complex of southwestern Nigeria. Journal of Applied Geophysics, 210, 104953. doi: 10.1016/j.jappgeo.2023.104953

Adabanija, 2023 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mpUCcybiSy8M58B6FVbREmn6D-4qPR66/view?usp=drivesdk

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
semmyk:

Adabanija, M. A. (2023). Spatio-temporal monitoring of leachates dispersion beneath a solid wastes dump in basement complex of southwestern Nigeria. Journal of Applied Geophysics, 210, 104953. doi: 10.1016/j.jappgeo.2023.104953

Adabanija, 2023 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mpUCcybiSy8M58B6FVbREmn6D-4qPR66/view?
usp=drivesdk

Thanks for this! I do appreciate the effort.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
[quote author=semmyk post=123866083]

Adabanija, 2023 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mpUCcybiSy8M58B6FVbREmn6D-4qPR66/view?usp=drivesdk
[/quot

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by MrJaay(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2023
serenegroup:
Hi House, i need a copy of the following publications. They are not open access journals hence a subscription is required to access them.
Spatio-temporal monitoring of leachates dispersion beneath a solid wastes dump in basement complex of southwestern Nigeria
MA Adabanija - Journal of Applied Geophysics, 2023 - Elsevier

Hydro-geochemical characterization and water quality appraisal of groundwater in areas adjoining primordial landfills in the Maastrichtian Lafia Formation, Middle Benue Trough
SE Obrike, LD Aleku, GK Anudu
International Journal of Energy and Water Resources, 1-15

Thanks alot! My email is lataloma2003@yahoo.co.uk.

Hi. The lead author of the second article you requested (Hydro-geochemical characterization and water...) says the article is "under copyright and must be kept for personal use only". Promise to keep private if I forward it to you?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 2:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
[quote author=MrJaay post=123937120]

Hi. The lead author of the second article you requested (Hydro-geochemical characterization and water...) says the article is "under copyright and must be kept for personal use only". Promise to keep private if I forward it to you?[/quote

For private use only thanks.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
MrJaay:

Hi. The lead author of the second article you requested (Hydro-geochemical characterization and water...) says the article is "under copyright and must be kept for personal use only". Promise to keep private if I forward it to you?

Pls does referencing the material in my PhD thesis count as private use?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by MrJaay(m): 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
serenegroup:

Pls does referencing the material in my PhD thesis count as private use?

Have sent the article to your mail. I'm sure citing it wouldn't be a problem for the author.

Best wishes for your research.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
MrJaay:

Have sent the article to your mail. I'm sure citing it wouldn't be a problem for the author.

Best wishes for your research.

Thanks boss! I do appreciate the effort.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by A001: 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
If your field is Physics or any other field in the physical sciences, and you've published a paper for free using the traditional publishing option, please give me journal recommendations for a paper in Physics or state the name of the specific journal you used.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by jesmond3945: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
ccffwx:
I have an education conference to attend in Ireland and the deadline is fast approaching. I would appreciate if a good Samaritan can help cover some of the registration fee, visa and flight ticket, which is about 1k euros. I will really appreciate it as I'm a teacher who is passionate about education. I also want to upskill so that I add value to my students and society. It's 1k euros, thanks. I also have proof of the conference invitation as speaker. Thank you.
is the conference not hybrid?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by jesmond3945: 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
GGGPassword:
Good afternoon everyone.

Please, I'm presently working on wireless power transfer, how do I get data or parameters for simulation.

Please, your advice is highly welcome.
https://ieee-dataport.org/keywords/wireless-power-transfer
Re: Thread For PHD Students by jesmond3945: 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
Goodlucknigeria:

I mean renewable energy sources model using Matlab
yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by jesmond3945: 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Unigrad:
Good afternoon All,
I want to make inquiry,
Someone who did First degree and masters in same school, is it advisable to do PhD at same school?
Someone in academic advices it's not okay because they will refer to the person as inbreed PhD holder. It's good to obtain different degrees at different schools.
It depends on the topic of your research. If there is no expert to guide you properly in your school then you might have problems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Unigrad: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2023
How can one get grant to fund PhD research in Medical Laboratory Science (Biomedical science) in Nigeria?
Please, someone should guide me.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Unigrad: 7:53am On Jul 02, 2023
jesmond3945:

It depends on the topic of your research. If there is no expert to guide you properly in your school then you might have problems.
There are professors to guide me. One internal and one external professors to supervise PhD work in my school.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by jesmond3945: 8:11am On Jul 02, 2023
Unigrad:

There are professors to guide me. One internal and one external professors to supervise PhD work in my school.
then go ahead and do it in your school.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by jesmond3945: 8:12am On Jul 02, 2023
Unigrad:
How can one get grant to fund PhD research in Medical Laboratory Science (Biomedical science) in Nigeria?
Please, someone should guide me.
Have a good proposal backed with previous publication by you in that area.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by ccffwx: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2023
jesmond3945:
is the conference not hybrid?

My abstract was accepted and I will be going as a speaker.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by jesmond3945: 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2023
ccffwx:

congrats to you. I saw some people on twitter who were asking for support.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Unigrad: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2023
jesmond3945:

Have a good proposal backed with previous publication by you in that area.
Thanks so much Chief.
My works on the subject matter have not been published. Still looking for a free Q1 journal to publish the work.
Thanks for reaching out.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Unigrad: 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
ccffwx:

Congratulations.
It depends on the conference. Some conference organizers do sponsor foreign guest speakers.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Mich45: 9:55am On Jul 06, 2023
Hello scholars! What chances does someone who has B.Agric in Animal Breeding and Genetics looking to pursue PhD or Msc in disciplines such as Genomic Data Science, Human Genomics, Bioinformatics or Human Genetics have?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 1:26am On Jul 11, 2023
PaulErungworo:

Congratulations bro. Please I need reputable journals like these that I can publish for free. Thank you
Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 1:27am On Jul 11, 2023
olawalepopoola:
My manuscript accepted in Science of the Total Environment (SCOPUS, SCIE, Pubmed indexed). IF 5.4

Can I have this paper pls. I am involved with similar work sir. Thanks lataloma2003@yahoo.co.UK. Thanks. Good job sir.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Oduok(m): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2023
Congratulations to me.

I have just been awarded Master of Engineering in Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering (Distinction: 4.76/5.00).

I researched on Environmental Impact Assessment and Formulation of Green Surfactant for Remediating Petroleum Polluted Soil.

While preparing for Ph.D, I look forward to opportunities in lecturing, research and consulting.

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (Reply)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.