Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,368 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Thread For PHD Students - Education (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For PHD Students (325908 Views)

Which University In Nigeria or abroad Accepts 3.0 Msc Grade For Phd Admission? / 4 Good Reason Why You Should Go For Phd And 7 Bad Reasons Why You Should Not / Presidential Scholarship Scheme For Ist Class Nigerian Graduates For Phd Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Goodlucknigeria: 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
GGGPassword:
Good morning Mr. Wip7.

I hope you are doing well? You have been of help to me especially on this thread.

Could you please, help me on how to go about this. RF Energy Harvesting for Wireless Devices?

Go to Google, search for Google Scholar and ENTER your topic there. You will get hundreds or thousands of materials related to your topic.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by semmyk(m): 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2022
About 2k+ results (to filtered through) on GS with search key ... "RF Energy Harvesting" "Wireless Devices"
GGGPassword:
... ...
Could you please, help me on how to go about this. RF Energy Harvesting for Wireless Devices?

Re: Thread For PHD Students by oofy: 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hello friends, good afternoon. Please I need this jornal. Can someone help me out? the link is below. I will provide an email address it would be sent to when I get a response

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.specom.2021.09.006

I wanted to ask, does anyone know why the sci-hub site doesnt function? Please help.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by oofy: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2022
RealityGod:
Prof and others in the house.

Kindly help with information on postdoc opportunities.

SSCI papers 3
SCOPUS papers 10
Total publication 30.
Bsc, MSc and PhD Management
Specialization: Small business and Strategy.

Sir, Just take this to twitter. give elaborate details on your area of specialty. Try to join one or two academic twitter groups. You will get offers to choose from before friday. I'm in awe of your 30 publications Sir, could you kindly coach me on hw to publish? I do not even have a single paper to my name. Could you also kindly tell the difference between SSCI & SCOPUS?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by semmyk(m): 8:05am On Dec 15, 2022
In academic language, what you need is a journal article (not a journal!). ... Progress of machine learning based automatic phoneme recognition and its prospect ...
Ok, on serious note, here's a copy for you. Temporary on a OneDrive (access to link will be removed soon).
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AHgflavv2ZzF65c&cid=5BA9B79F2680F529&id=5BA9B79F2680F529%21448348&parId=5BA9B79F2680F529%21448347&o=OneUp
All the best with your research.

Sci-hub was taken down recently, as it was classified as a pirate site. Well, for long, it will take for sci-hub to resurface, dunno
oofy:
Hello friends, good afternoon. Please I need this jornal. Can someone help me out? the link is below. I will provide an email address it would be sent to when I get a response
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.specom.2021.09.006

I wanted to ask, does anyone know why the sci-hub site doesnt function? Please help.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by oofy: 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2022
semmyk:
In academic language, what you need is a journal article (not a journal!). ... Progress of machine learning based automatic phoneme recognition and its prospect ...
Ok, on serious note, here's a copy for you. Temporary on a OneDrive (access to link will be removed soon).
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AHgflavv2ZzF65c&cid=5BA9B79F2680F529&id=5BA9B79F2680F529%21448348&parId=5BA9B79F2680F529%21448347&o=OneUp

Sci-hub was taken down recently, as it was classified as a pirate site. Well, for long, it will take for sci-hub to resurface, dunno

Thank you so much. I truly appreciate you, God bless you. please how do i get journal articles that are blocked?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by MrJaay(m): 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2022
semmyk:

Still works fine over here.
These screenshots were taken just now.

1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by semmyk(m): 8:37am On Dec 16, 2022
There you go Oofy, MrJaay just indicated one of sci-hub mirror is up and running.
I checked just now and indeed, they are: https://sci-hub.se/ | https://sci.hubg.org/
Interesting!
PS: Currently, I have academic account that grant me access.
MrJaay:
Still works fine over here.
These screenshots were taken just now.

As I indicated, I don't know for how long sci-hub will be down. These types of site have 9 cats life!
semmyk:
... ...

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by oofy: 10:55am On Dec 16, 2022
semmyk:
There you go Oofy, MrJaay just indicated one of sci-hub mirror is up and running.
I checked just now and indeed, they are: https://sci-hub.se/ | https://sci.hubg.org/
Interesting!

As I indicated, I don't know for how long sci-hub will be down. These types of site of 9 cats life!

Thank you so much. I'm very grateful...
Re: Thread For PHD Students by oofy: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2022
semmyk:
Interesting!

As I indicated, I don't know for how long sci-hub will be down. These types of site of 9 cats life!

Thank you so much. I truly appreciate you
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Sweetmango: 11:29am On Jan 07, 2023
semmyk:
Interesting!

As I indicated, I don't know for how long sci-hub will be down. These types of site have 9 cats life!

KIV

hi friends please help with this journal article the link above is not opening it.
https://doi.org/10.1201/9781420010800
thanks
Re: Thread For PHD Students by MrJaay(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2023
Sweetmango:

KIV

hi friends please help with this journal article the link above is not opening it.
https://doi.org/10.1201/9781420010800
thanks

The content of the DOI link you provided isn't a journal article but a book. Here's a direct download link from PDFdrive:

https://www.pdfdrive.com/semisupervised-learning-for-computational-linguistics-chapman-hallcrc-computer-science-data-analysis-d158606897.html
Re: Thread For PHD Students by bilal4riid(m): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2023
Good afternoon all.
May God continue to bless this group and its pioneers.

Please permit me to make two suggestions:

Monthly paper review by an author through zoom.

Group research work for publication.

And any other academic collaborations.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by semmyk(m): 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2023
Quick one on the underlined. Could you elaborate on ... paper review by an author...
- what type of review
- expectation of review
- nature of review
- ... ...

As regarding group research work for 'publication', it might be expedient to give indicative research concepts. Typically what is referred to as a one paper. It might even be a quarter or half page outlining the research brief, concept, problem area, aim/purpose
bilal4riid:
... ...
Please permit me to make two suggestions:
Monthly paper review by an author through zoom.

Group research work for publication.
And any other academic collaborations.
Thanks
Re: Thread For PHD Students by JOACHINpedro: 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
Happy NewYear to all
Re: Thread For PHD Students by neeyhmutate(m): 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
3-year Funded PhD Studentship in the Department of Computer Science, Lagos State University, Nigeria

The Department of Computer Science of Lagos State University, Ojo Lagos is recruiting for a 3-year funded PhD Studentship in the department of Computer Science, LASU Ojo - Nigeria.

Qualification Type: PhD
Funding amount: TBD
Hours: Full Time
Placed On: 10th January 2023
Closes: 10th February, 2023
Reference: CSCLASU23AR

Project Title: Development of Deep Learning Models for Early Diagnosis of Breast Cancer

Contacts: The department is currently recruiting a PhD candidate to join the Department of Computer Science, Lagos State University (LASU). The successful candidate will be supervised by Prof. Benjamin Aribisala (Lagos State University, Ojo), Prof. Funmilayo Olopade (University of Chicago, UChicago) and Prof. Steffen Sammet (University of Chicago, UChicago).

Description: The candidate will develop deep learning models for predicting breast cancer in African women between 1 and 5 years from the time of imaging. The models will use mammogram images or Magnetic Resonance Images, clinical information and risk factors of breast cancer. The candidate will also develop a repository for cancer related data. The candidate will serve as the interim project manager for the NIH project called “Data Science and Medical Image Analysis Training for Improved Health Care Delivery in Nigeria (DATICAN).” DATICAN’s overall goal is to train medical data scientist researchers in Nigeria at multiple technical levels via on-site educational, mentorship, and practicum experiences. This is an exciting opportunity for any computer scientist interested to build career in health data science and Artificial Intelligence.

Location and Funding: The successful candidate will be based in the Department of Computer Science, Lagos State University. This project is funded by the University of Chicago (www.uchicago.edu) and the Center for Global Health, University of Chicago (https://cgh.uchicago.edu/). The candidate may also have the opportunity to visit the University of Chicago during the programme. The project is a part of the collaborative efforts of the University of Chicago and Lagos State University in capacity building in health data science. The two Universities are very passionate about capacity building and they believe that more data scientists are needed in health sectors in Africa to help with computational modelling and adoption of data science technologies toward extracting useful information from health data and consequently improving health care delivery. The studentship will provide a stipend to cover living costs and school fees.

Requirements:
i. Essential: The ideal candidate will have MSc in Computer Science from a reputable University with a minimum CGPA of 4.0 in a scale of 5.0 units. The ideal candidate will also have a score of 60% and above in his/her MSc project. He / She should be highly motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills. He / She should have advanced data analytics skills and should be able to program in R, SQL and Python, and any OOP. Ability to work in a team is very essential.

ii. Desirable: The candidate should have the ability to understand new concepts and mathematical modelling. Web development knowledge will be useful. Knowledge of image processing and image analysis is not compulsory but could be useful. However, the potential to learn about image analysis, image processing and cancer research is key.

How to apply: All applications are to be sent to mail the application pack to compsc@lasu.edu.ng and copy benjamin.aribisala@lasu.edu.ng. Application pack should contain a 2-page CV, details of 3 referees, BSc certificate, MSc. certificate, personal statement, research proposal and any other supporting documents. Shortlisting will commence immediately after the deadline and only the shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by bilal4riid(m): 6:36pm On Jan 26, 2023
semmyk:
Quick one on the underlined. Could you elaborate on ... paper review by an author...
- what type of review
- expectation of review
- nature of review
- ... ...

As regarding group research work for 'publication', it might be expedient to give indicative research concepts. Typically what is referred to as a one paper. It might even be a quarter or half page outlining the research brief, concept, problem area, aim/purpose

Good day sir, please apology for the late reply.
Please allow me to restate myself for clarity.

One, I come across a group where an author of a published particular paper makes a presentation via zoom to the members. The paper would be shared among the members before the presentation for questions and suggestions. I suggest a similar program for this group too.

Two, I look forward to collaboration in a group paper publication: Chemical Engineering ( biocatalysis, chemical catalysis, materials, environmental, biofuels, etc)

Thanks
Re: Thread For PHD Students by semmyk(m): 7:03pm On Jan 26, 2023
Fantastic suggestion. Worth giving a shot. Just not sure how to manage the disciplines specifics. However, we can focused more on the concepts/principles of research. I'll sure do give this more thoughts. Anyone willing to trailblaze is welcomed.
bilal4riid:
... ... Please allow me to restate myself for clarity.
One, I come across a group where an author of a published particular paper makes a presentation via zoom to the members. The paper would be shared among the members before the presentation for questions and suggestions. I suggest a similar program for this group too.
... ..
semmyk:
- what type of review
- expectation of review
- nature of review
- ... ...
bilal4riid:
... ... Monthly paper review by an author through zoom.
... ... Thanks
[Edit]
@Bilal4riid, perhaps you want to start with your paper 😉 wink - GLUCOSE SYRUP PRODUCTION FROM COCOYAM (COLOCASIA ESCLUENTA) TUBERS USING ASPERGILLUS NIGER
Re: Thread For PHD Students by bilal4riid(m): 11:15pm On Jan 29, 2023
semmyk:
Fantastic suggestion. Worth giving a shot. Just not sure how to manage the disciplines specifics. However, we can focused more on the concepts/principles of research. I'll sure do give this more thoughts. Anyone willing to trailblaze is welcomed.

[Edit]
@Bilal4riid, perhaps you want to start with your paper 😉 wink - GLUCOSE SYRUP PRODUCTION FROM COCOYAM (COLOCASIA ESCLUENTA) TUBERS USING ASPERGILLUS NIGER
hw you take know me, lol
what research are you working on currently.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by semmyk(m): 8:16am On Jan 30, 2023
Let's just sat it's called the power of (academic and grey paper) review in research.
bilal4riid:
hw you take know me, lol
what research are you working on currently.
[Research] I'm broadly on the information systems research stream
Re: Thread For PHD Students by bilal4riid(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
semmyk:
Let's just sat it's called the power of (academic and grey paper) review in research.

[Research] I'm broadly on the information systems research stream

We are parallel to each other in research
Re: Thread For PHD Students by GGGPassword: 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2023
Good afternoon everyone.

Please, I'm presently working on wireless power transfer, how do I get data or parameters for simulation.

Please, your advice is highly welcome.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by semmyk(m): 11:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
What simulator are you using ... Ansys, Matlab, CadFeko ...
GGGPassword:
Good afternoon everyone.
Please, I'm presently working on wireless power transfer, how do I get data or parameters for simulation.
Please, your advice is highly welcome.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by GGGPassword: 1:27am On Feb 03, 2023
semmyk:
What simulator are you using ... Ansys, Matlab, CadFeko ...

MATLAB
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Goodlucknigeria: 4:49am On Feb 03, 2023
GGGPassword:

MATLAB

Can you develop models using Matlab?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Goodlucknigeria: 4:50am On Feb 03, 2023
GGGPassword:

MATLAB

I mean renewable energy sources model using Matlab
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Unigrad: 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
Good afternoon All,
I want to make inquiry,
Someone who did First degree and masters in same school, is it advisable to do PhD at same school?
Someone in academic advices it's not okay because they will refer to the person as inbreed PhD holder. It's good to obtain different degrees at different schools.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by semmyk(m): 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
Available to do PhD at same university as undergrad and Masters, Yes.
Can do at other universities, Yes.
Should do at other universities, Yes.
Must do at other universities, Not compulsory.
At PhD level, focus should be at #impact: type of research, contribution to knowledge, credible publications, worthwhile impact on society/community
Unigrad:
Good afternoon All,
I want to make inquiry,
Someone who did First degree and masters in same school, is it available to do PhD at same school?
Someone in academic advices it's not okay because they will refer to the person as inbreed PhD holder. It's good to obtain different degrees at different schools.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Unigrad: 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2023
semmyk:
Available to do PhD at same university as undergrad and Masters, Yes.
Can do at other universities, Yes.
Should do at other universities, Yes.
Must do at other universities, Not compulsory.
At PhD level, focus should be at #impact: type of research, contribution to knowledge, credible publications, worthwhile impact on society/community
Is it advisable and not available I mean Chief.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Oduok(m): 4:19am On Feb 26, 2023
ASSISTANCE ON HOW TO PUBLISH ARTICLES IN JOURNALS

Good evening all. I have just concluded my Masters research in Chemical Engineering. I worked on Environmental Impact Assessment and Chemical Remediation of Petroleum Polluted Soil. Right now I have written two journal articles. I need guidance on journals to publish and how to go about free publication.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by samtol4(m): 7:48am On Mar 04, 2023
Oduok:
ASSISTANCE ON HOW TO PUBLISH ARTICLES IN JOURNALS

Good evening all. I have just concluded my Masters research in Chemical Engineering. I worked on Environmental Impact Assessment and Chemical Remediation of Petroleum Polluted Soil. Right now I have written two journal articles. I need guidance on journals to publish and how to go about free publication.

Thank you
Check Taylor & Francis or Springer website
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Oduok(m): 7:56am On Mar 04, 2023
samtol4:
Check Taylor & Francis or Springer website

Thanks much

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (105) (Reply)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.