Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Thread For PHD Students - Education (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For PHD Students (326419 Views)

Which University In Nigeria or abroad Accepts 3.0 Msc Grade For Phd Admission? / 4 Good Reason Why You Should Go For Phd And 7 Bad Reasons Why You Should Not / Presidential Scholarship Scheme For Ist Class Nigerian Graduates For Phd Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For PHD Students by A001: 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2023
Oduok:
Congratulations to me.

I have just been awarded Master of Engineering in Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering (Distinction: 4.76/5.00).

I researched on Environmental Impact Assessment and Formulation of Green Surfactant for Remediating Petroleum Polluted Soil.

While preparing for Ph.D, I look forward to opportunities in lecturing, research and consulting.
Congrats, Bro.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by KelvinCoaster(m): 9:30am On Jul 13, 2023
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Endeavour to publish your work with a "reputable journal",Local or Foreign! Must be " reputable".This would help facilitate your lecturing and consulting applications.Then, join a 'Professional Body'.
Congratulations again!
Oduok:
Congratulations to me.

I have just been awarded Master of Engineering in Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering (Distinction: 4.76/5.00).

I researched on Environmental Impact Assessment and Formulation of Green Surfactant for Remediating Petroleum Polluted Soil.

While preparing for Ph.D, I look forward to opportunities in lecturing, research and consulting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by KelvinCoaster(m): 10:00am On Aug 09, 2023
Wip7,
hope you're well?
It's been a long while

Good morning!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by islamics(m): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2023
Hello,
Greetings to the house; please can anyone help me with this article: A survey of symbiotic organisms search algorithms and applications (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00521-019-04170-4). Perhaps anyone with institutional access. I no get institutional access and can't afford to pay that fee for now.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by MrJaay(m): 8:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
islamics:
Hello,
Greetings to the house; please can anyone help me with this article: A survey of symbiotic organisms search algorithms and applications (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00521-019-04170-4). Perhaps anyone with institutional access. I no get institutional access and can't afford to pay that fee for now.

Thanks.

Here you go: https://we.tl/t-qZskpYiu0h

Link expires in 7 days.

Best wishes for your research!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by islamics(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
MrJaay:

Link expires in 7 days.

Thanks very much; I really appreciate the helping out.

Gracias.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 10:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
MrJaay:

Link expires in 7 days.

Good work mrjaay

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by dozieinspired: 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2023
Good day everyone, please can anyone with institutional access help me with this article, I need it for research. Thank you.
Waste biomass valorization for the production of biofuels and value-added products: A comprehensive review of thermochemical, biological and integrated processes https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psep.2021.12.049

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2023
dozieinspired:
Good day everyone, please can anyone with institutional access help me with this article, I need it for research. Thank you.
Waste biomass valorization for the production of biofuels and value-added products: A comprehensive review of thermochemical, biological and integrated processes https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psep.2021.12.049

Great minds like MrJay can be of help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by MrJaay(m): 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
dozieinspired:

The article is neither on Sci-hub nor Researchgate. Your best bet is to write the author (jude.okolie@usask.ca) and humbly request it. He'd most likely send you a copy.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by dozieinspired: 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2023
MrJaay:

The article is neither on Sci-hub nor Researchgate. Your best bet is to write the author (jude.okolie@usask.ca) and humbly request it. He'd most likely send you a copy.
okay, thank you

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by obioraval(m): 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2023
dozieinspired:

Have you gotten it. Send a mail
Re: Thread For PHD Students by dozieinspired: 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
obioraval:

Have you gotten it. Send a mail
I haven't, I sent you a mail
Re: Thread For PHD Students by jimzy4u(m): 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2023
dozieinspired:
I can send it to your email.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by dozieinspired: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2023
jimzy4u:

I can send it to your email.
I have it already, Thank you

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by VeryKindHearted(m): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2023
Please can someone here explain to me what the contents of an introduction is in a PhD thesis or Masters dissertation.

I mean how can someone write a good introduction.

What does introduction contain?

Please I will be very grateful if someone helps me out.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by serenegroup(m): 11:18am On Oct 12, 2023
VeryKindHearted:
Please can someone here explain to me what the contents of an introduction is in a PhD thesis or Masters dissertation.

Start reading this thread from the beginning and you will see a lot of ideas that you can use.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by islamics(m): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2023
Hello,
Greetings to the house. Please I don come with another paper request.
The article is: Harmony search algorithm and related variants: A systematic review (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2210650222000967).

Perhaps anyone with institutional access.

Thanks.

cc: MrJaay

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Goodlucknigeria: 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
islamics:
Hello,
The article is: Harmony search algorithm and related variants: A systematic review (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2210650222000967).

Thanks.

How can I be part of this paper?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by islamics(m): 11:12am On Oct 18, 2023
Goodlucknigeria:

How can I be part of this paper?

I don't know if it is feasible for this particular study since it is not a personal study. Ideally, by contributing to any part of the paper, one become a contributor/co-author too.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Ayopercent(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2023
Good morning house, pls I need your help, I want to further my study abroad though I have a Master of science degree in MATERIALS ENGINEERING-corrosion engineering (65B+).I want to do another M. SC or PhD... The university I wanted to apply to needs someone to have an advisor (project /thesis supervisor). I have found one prof on the faculty staff page that is research works align with my first and and second degree thesis but the quote below is what the prof want nw from a potential graduate students.... Pls what can I do or the softwares to learn to align with him before I send to him a COLD EMAIL. Thank you. 👇👇

"I am seeking for students with excellent skills in numerical modeling and simulation and high proficiency in solving sets of partial differential equations from the first principles using the finite difference method for graduate studies."
Re: Thread For PHD Students by islamics(m): 10:42am On Oct 19, 2023
Ayopercent:
Good morning house, pls I need your help, I want to further my study abroad though I have a Master of science degree in MATERIALS ENGINEERING-corrosion engineering (65B+).I want to do another M. SC or PhD... The university I wanted to apply to needs someone to have an advisor (project /thesis supervisor). I have found one prof on the faculty staff page that is research works align with my first and and second degree thesis but the quote below is what the prof want nw from a potential graduate students.... Pls what can I do or the softwares to learn to align with him before I send to him a COLD EMAIL. Thank you. 👇👇

"I am seeking for students with excellent skills in numerical modeling and simulation and high proficiency in solving sets of partial differential equations from the first principles using the finite difference method for graduate studies."

Learn Matlab to stand out though Python will do too.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by islamics(m): 10:46am On Oct 19, 2023
islamics:
Hello,

Thanks.

Gerrard59 Sorry to tag you, Please can you help with this?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Gerrard59(m): 12:08am On Oct 20, 2023
islamics:

Gerrard59 Sorry to tag you, Please can you help with this?

You can post your email (unofficial if need be) so I send the article to you. Nairaland comment box does not seem to approve uploading a PDF file.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by islamics(m): 5:54am On Oct 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

You can post your email (unofficial if need be) so I send the article to you. Nairaland comment box does not seem to approve uploading a PDF file.

password001@tutanota.com

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by obi001: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2023
Please any current UNILAG PhD student (Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering) here. Kindly please indicate.

Thank you.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Ayopercent(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
islamics:

Learn Matlab to stand out though Python will do too.

Can I contact you through the mail you provided about, concerning the Matlab and python...??
Thanks in advance.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Gerrard59(m): 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
islamics:

password001@tutanota.com

Thanks

Sent.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by islamics(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

Sent.

Thanks very much Sir. Really appreciate the gesture.

Ayopercent:

Can I contact you through the mail you provided about, concerning the Matlab and python...??
Thanks in advance.

You can contact me but I am no pro in those tools.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Gerrard59(m): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
islamics:

Thanks very much Sir. Really appreciate the gesture.

My pleasure.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by jesmond3945: 11:16pm On Oct 25, 2023
VeryKindHearted:

introduction is the background to your study. It is very fluid, meaning when you finish the research, you would rewrite your introduction because new insights are coming in. So is best you do the research, collect the data and analyze then from the findings you can write a proper introduction to the research, stating the reason why you embarked upon it, the justification, the gaps in literature, your contribution and so on.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (Reply)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.