Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria (33283 Views)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates / Jobs That Will Make You Appreciate Your Job (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by onyeogalu1(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2014
OK I will be back
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by slightlyMad(f): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2014
on point
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2014
yurme:
_
C dis one!I don catch am

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by paleo(m): 9:08am On Dec 15, 2014
H... This is serious o,

Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by katordidi(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2014
definately not farming
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 15, 2014
rozayx5:
13.APC- egoats : once their serial looser General looses again, they will all go into extinction as the General will be tool old to contest in 2019 cool cool

Buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Buhari is a big joke!! I even laughed with his name without adding "ri"
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by holatin(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2014
But prostitition will never go extinct
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by DancingSkeleton(m): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2014
jammyunn:
na wa o for una
wetin dey solve undecided
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by lakesider(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2014
seun , how did shallow minded individuals become Op.#sigh
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by mbourie(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2014
ITbomb:
I disagree on Civil engineering
Though most of the Supervisory role may be occupied by foreigners, almost all Assistant supervisor or foremen roles are handled by Nigerians most of them civil engineers.

For Security guards, I see an increase instead of decrease

Finally, you erroneously equated farmers with labourers, Farming profession has taken a new level in Nigeria.
While unskilled labourers will always be needed not only in farming but construction etc. So as Nigerians are moving from unskilled to semi skilled / skilled hands, there might be need to import labourers but farming as a professional business will be getting more and more appealing especially when GEJ wins next year election

Nice one @ITbomb.....the Op is just a pseudo-soothsayer........On the Civil Engineering aspect his anticipation is bleak let alone journalism......
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by holatin(m): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2014
rozayx5:
13.APC- egoats : once their serial looser General looses again, they will all go into extinction as the General will be tool old to contest in 2019 cool cool
And the most silly post of the year goes to rozayx5
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by missdebs(f): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2014
scrap civile engineering from your list joors. Whether or not they give most contracts to foriegners, one thn is sure...your friends, your families etc will one day require of your service as evryone wants to be a landlord. So pls remove dah one
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by jaydee87(m): 9:15am On Dec 15, 2014
Mrwhalex:
And please, don't underestimate the value of journalism especially the print media. Do you know how much Mr. obaigbena (this day newspaper) makes in a day?
I disagree with journalism, civil engineering and agriculture..
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by yurme(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2014
kossyablaze:
C dis one!I don catch am
lol
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2014
Postal mail shouldn't be on this list. You are wrong in many aspects
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by DjAndroid: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2014
Op, your are wrong in so many areas.

JOURNALISM: 1. Most stories on blogs are copied.

2. Journalism is a profession. It is not just telling a story. Being a journalist requires training. (If you are in that field you will understand better) Personally, I don't take most bloggers serious because not being trained journalists affects the writing style of most of them.

3. Some of the stories by some bloggers are made up just to attract readership.

CIVIL ENGINEERING : That this government prefers foreign Engineers does not mean every government will .

FINE ARTS . This is not only about drawing human portraits.

WRIST WATCH REPAIR: GSM communication came into Nigeria since 2001. I dont see what effect it has on existence of wrist watches here.

1 Like

Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by mohammedmagnus: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2014
HighIQ:
pls, do see my moniker. We that God endowed with IQ like this don't copy and paste. Did this topic ressemble a pasted one. Don't accuse me falsely man. This topic is copyright of me and any other site who wish to copy and paste this must do so with my permission. Or better still should refer to my name on their site. So as to show you i original poster.
you think you have High IQ, in the words of pastor kunle soriyan he said"stop comparing you self with your mates in nigeria, compare yourself with your mates in japan US south korea etc" do that bro then come back here and tell me if u think u have a high IQ, and next time do not gloat about being brainy am talking from experience have a nice week ahead
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by dammytosh: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2014
Mrwhalex:
Oga, pastor Adeyemi said so so many years back especially to mechanics. But we still have mechanics everywhere in fact with a strong and enormous union. Abi she na where person dey buy 1.5m wrist watch na him watch repairer no go come chop? If you decide not to use a wrist watch cos you a blackberry passport/iphone whatever, is your wahala which translates to nobodies.
Have you ever followed the voice prompt whenever you call any customer care agent? I know you'll rather press 0 to speak with an agent.
Don't just come here to bambooze us with copy and paste articles without thinking.
God bless.

Deep. Nice one

1 Like

Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by DesChyko: 9:18am On Dec 15, 2014
Mrwhalex:
Don't just come here to bambooze us with copy and paste articles without thinking.
God bless..

You know, you really should make up your mind.
First, you attack the OP like you have a family feud with his', back in the village. Then you end such vile accusations wiht 'God bless'??
Very ironic.
I think the OP should be greatly commended for such creativity in printing this topic online, not this tongue-lash of yours. It is uncalled for and undeserved in absolutely every ramifications.

1 Like

Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by intergral(m): 9:18am On Dec 15, 2014
I disagree with farming, maybe you haven't been to the North that's why and see how farming is still making it there.......
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by enigmang: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2014
OP you can't been more wrong...

1)POST MAILING- You cannot send original documents or stuff you order from Jumia vis Social Media

2) CASHIER- Machines can easily replace most services rendered by cashiers in banks and other places. Only Human preference and level of illiteracy is holding this back. This will surely be overcame with time.
This is not going anytime soon... some people will never trust machines, and you still need humans to operate those machines: plus we have very cheap labour compared to the maintainance cost of such machines

3) CIVIL ENGINEERING- You know why? The government of our country now prefers to award road/railway/construction contract to foreigners mostly from China and Korea, rather than giving this to engineers in Nigeria. Very soon many Nigerians who studied this course may find it difficult to express their knowledge and ability in this field.

4) JOURNALISM (Newspapers)- Who are those that buy newspapers.? They are mostly old people who as little or no knowledge of the internet. The youths of nowadays simply prefers to view news and happenings on bloggers sites and other websites.
Youths have not really accounted for the print media sales so even with the social media boom news paper sales have not really been affected

5)FINE ART (Drawing)- there are some newly developed app for phones/computer that can sketch, design,paint and bring out great artwork. They can change human pics to pencil or cartoon type. This can easily be enlarge and printed out which really save time and money. You have no idea of what is involved in ART.....

6)PHOTOGRAPHY- Since the emergence of camera phones,many photographers now complains that people now prefers to snap pictures with their phones rather coming to them. Niggurr!! you have no idea how much photographers in Nigeria make.. just to cover a wedding they charge from 200k and above depending on their packaging

7)WRIST- WATCH REPAIRING- Many people nowadays, don't consider going to repair their wrist watches when they got spoilt due to the presence of time on their phones. So if you don't want to die of hunger, better don't risk learning this trade. Here its all about packaging

VIII) CALL CENTERS: Almost all Nigerians now owns a GSM. Besides. Many telecommunication network service now offers calling rates at cheaper price. With this, i don't see any reason going to call at a call centre. Totally agree on this.

9)CYBER CAFE/BUSINESS CENTRES: Just like GSM. Very soon many Nigerians would soon be a proud owner of their own computers laptops, and printers. When this happens so many of them would prefer to carry out their transaction online in their homes than to go to a Cafe. Even in the heart of London there are still cafes..

10)OKADA BUSINESS- In state like Lagos, riding motorcycles had been barred in many of their highways. There is still high tendency that other states may still regulate this rule.

11)SECURITY GUARDS- There are various machines and robots that can equally perform this Job. But human preference and the high capital involve is still holding this back. This will never never never go extinct....

12) FARMING- Many youths in Nigeria are now running away from farming. They now prefers white collar job. I hope one day,we won't be employing labourers from countries like Togo,mozambique and Niger republic to come and work in our farms for us On the contrary many youths are actually going into agric like never before

1 Like

Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by ckmayoca: 9:27am On Dec 15, 2014
He is wrong on everything e mentioned.
Farming can never end even if its modernized and mechanized it will still be controlled by farmer and not banker

Cashier also, because even if atm pays, atm don't accept cash .

If okada don't run on main road, it will run on street roads due to the slow in our road development.

Newspaper still exist in much more developed country so frm the begining, its the old that buys and read news paper and old ppl can never see phone prints clearly and they can lose the pages easily.

ETC...
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 15, 2014
Maybe
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by EHoudini: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2014
This post shows how myopic most nigerians are. So pathetic. No wonder nigeria makes little progress over the yrs.

1 Like

Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by nobilis: 9:36am On Dec 15, 2014
It's so obvious it is copyright of you@OP. But I wonder if your IQ is as high as you make it out to be, no offense.

For one thing, how can you say civil engineering will go extinct and the only reason you could think of was because our govt awards contracts to foreign construction companies. Who says that in the future, our govt won't award contracts to our indigenous engineers? Change is the only constant thing in the universe. There were no car-manufacturing companies in Nigeria few years ago but today Innoson is doing it.

Secondly, the reason you said Journalism will soon go extinct is because few people buy newspapers nowadays, preferring to read news online. This makes me wonder if you really know what journalism is all about. The news that is read on TV stations, the news that is published on news websites, who gathers them? Or you feel those pieces of news gather themselves?

Thirdly, you feel post-mailing is all about sending letters? Na wa to you. Your parcels nko? How will you send a 20kg parcel from Nigeria to a particular house in London? Through Facebook?

Fourth, it's obvious you've not heard of mechanized farming. Even in the US, UK, Russia, China, there are farmers and farming is a booming business. So I wonder what farming is doing on this your list.

You made few good points though so just review your list as appropriate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by tenovaten(m): 9:39am On Dec 15, 2014
For Photography, even if they design a camera phone with 100mp that comes with photoshop software, you will still need a proffesional touch.
Summarily, I av come to understand, you would only die of hunger if you're NOT good at what you do. My opinion!!!
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by daygee1(m): 9:45am On Dec 15, 2014
shadelek:
And I think you are aware of that these jobs are the major source of survival for many people. Are you going to be feeding them when your wish finally comes true about this post? You shouldn't have make this write up in the first place

Abi O!
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by Horlawoomey(m): 9:47am On Dec 15, 2014
I will give you 5/12
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by tpraiz(m): 9:47am On Dec 15, 2014
Op seems u wokeup frm d roung side of the Bed........Farming ? Civil eng ?.......na wa o
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by AdekunleSegun(m): 9:47am On Dec 15, 2014
farming? you are myopic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Dele Taiwo, Magistrate In Ondo State (Photos) / Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise / 6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.