Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:43 AM

Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) - Poems For Review (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) (71956 Views)

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta / 6 Memorable Poetry Collections By Nairaland Poets For 2014 - NPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Samguine: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
harrysterol:
please park well, your blocking my Lamborghini from entering cool
It's a Veyron bro. I can't just pack anyhow. And no disturb the class again abeg
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by lepasharon(f): 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
Can you give an example of these different types of poem?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
The difference between a blank verse and a free verse is structure... a blank verse does not use a rhyming sequence but it is written in a regular metrical form...most blank verse uses an iambic pentametre

I hope i answered your question to your satisfaction?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by lepasharon(f): 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
donifez:
The difference between a blank verse and a free verse is structure... a blank verse does not use a rhyming sequence but it is written in a regular metrical form...most blank verse uses an iambic pentametre

I hope i answered your question to your satisfaction?

can you like write out the poem and say which kind it is so ill learn better
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
laykorn:
Your assignments for today is to create one or more stanzas as addition to the poems I used as examples in my 4th post.

Tag the teachers if you need help with your assignments.

They are texanomaly, laykorn, donifez, leki10, EverestDeBliu, OMA4U and Krystalxxx

Till next tuesday, I am laykorn and my partner is donifez.
We remain humble cheesy
How teacher go finish class 9:55 embarassed
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Samguine: 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
donifez:
A line is defined as a row of words
Run on line is a line of poetry in which the punctuation is not contained within the line, and the line breaks without been punctuated.
I still have problems with the use of full stops in poems. Can you explain when and where full stops can he used?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
Donifez can you bold your lessons so they are more easily seen among the other posts?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
The same way punctuation helps a reader understand an article,essay or even novel thats the same way punctuations give flow to the poem...Lets say punctuations are like the designs in a house.."A house can be a cluster of bricks but punctuations make a house unique".
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
Full stop is used at the end of a sentence while comma is used to show a brief pause..Lets look at it from a driver point of view.(Comma is the little tapping you give to your brake to slow the car down while full-stop is the full Pressure you apply to your brake to halt.

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
lepasharon:

can you like write out the poem and say which kind it is so ill learn better
Am sorry cant do that now because of time, I might do that later.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
FrancisTony:

How teacher go finish class 9:55 embarassed
Is it too short or too long sir?

If it's too long, we'll try to decrease cheesy
If it's too short, we're trying to run from bombarding students with too many information at once. Too much could be hard to remember at once.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Buqqui: 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
Thank you donifez,

Thank you Laykorn,

God bless you two,
Amen.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
I think this is were i will stop for the day, post or pm your questions has it is been done before and you will get a feedback to clarify your issues.

Thanks for been present,
Till we meet again.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
laykorn:

Is it too short or too long sir?

If it's too long, we'll try to decrease cheesy
If it's too short, we're trying to run from bombarding students with too many information at once. Too much could be hard to remember at once.
Ayamlaykorn
Lol. The latter though.

I would prefer a teacher teach more than his/her stipulated time for ending the class.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
Quote for you all

Real writing does'nt begin until you stop writing from instinct and start making decision.

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
Great job guys! Nice turnout too. smiley
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by McSterling(m): 10:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
I've been a truant,
Missing my classes.
Oh my eyes!
Must I ever squint?
Where are my glasses?

Texanomaly and Everestdebliu, the synergy was superb.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by 1miccza: 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
[quote author=misshoree post=29146836][/quote]

Huh!!!!Beginner?Don't get it. Who added my name to the list?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by herald9: 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2014
A student was ill...recovering sha...lemme go through ...
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
McSterling:
I've been a truant,
Missing my classes.
Oh my eyes!
Must I ever squint?
Where are my glasses?

Texanomaly and Everestdebliu, the synergy was superb.

Thanks. smiley
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2014
FrancisTony:

Lol. The latter though.

I would prefer a teacher teach more than his/her stipulated time for ending the class.

I don't understand you sir cheesy
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by McSterling(m): 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
Where do we post our assignments? Should we create a thread for that purpose?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by McSterling(m): 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
laykorn:

I don't understand you sir cheesy
Ayamlaykorn
Your class too short. Na wetin the guy dey yarn be dat. cheesy Why can't you and your partner synergize like tex and everest? I just love the flow of the synergy...no bumps...smooth, slow and steady...like eba down the gullet. grin
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
McSterling:
Your class too short. Na wetin the guy dey yarn be dat. cheesy Why can't you and your partner synergize like tex and everest? I just love the flow of the synergy...no bumps...smooth, slow and steady...like eba down the gullet. grin
Well, our topic is more of a topic of opinion. I'm sure that is not the way donifez writes his own free verse.

Their collaboration was awesome. I'm sure it took them so much time to get everything organised. We're ready to volunteer more than each other sir.

Maybe they dedicated some time we can't dedicate to it. Coupled with the fact that our lesson is more of an opinion lesson, I believe they dedicated more time to it.
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by McSterling(m): 11:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
laykorn:

Well, our topic is more of a topic of opinion. I'm sure that is not the way donifez writes his own free verse.

Their collaboration was awesome. I'm sure it took them so much time to get everything organised. We're ready to volunteer more than each other sir.

Maybe they dedicated some time we can't dedicate to it. Coupled with the fact that our lesson is more of an opinion lesson, I believe they dedicated more time to it.
Ayamlaykorn
Understood. I enjoyed your lessons though. Did you write those free verses?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
McSterling:
Understood. I enjoyed your lessons though. Did you write those free verses?
I wrote the second one.
the first one is my own cloned version of a poem I once found on www.wikihow.com
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by McSterling(m): 12:13am On Dec 24, 2014
laykorn:

I wrote the second one.
the first one is my own cloned version of a poem I once found on www.wikihow.com
Ayamlaykorn
Nice.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 4:51am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas Everybody
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
trying to bold the words
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by 1miccza: 3:17pm On Dec 25, 2014
laykorn:

Uww. You can always sneak in to read the classes.
Ayamlaykorn

I'll always do
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Sessyjee(m): 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
*Following*
Pls wat's the latest assignment and Please where do we submit assignments...?
Nb: Dis is Olu on d whatsapp group..
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by leki10(m): 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2014
Sessyjee:
*Following*
Pls wat's the latest assignment and Please where do we submit assignments...?
Nb: Dis is Olu on d whatsapp group..
Create ur thread , post d assignments and tag d teachers

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (61) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.