Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders (3002 Views)

Don’t Rig Elections For Politicians – Jega Warns NYSC Members / DSS Uncovers Plot To Announce Election Results Before INEC / Don’t Snap Ballot Papers, Jega Warns Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Sirniyeh(m): 10:35am On Dec 16, 2014
www.leadership.ng/news/395390/2015-dont-publish-election-results-official-release-jega-tells-media

2015: Don’t Publish Election Results Before Official
Release, Jega Tells Media

Chibuzo Ukaibe
— Dec 16, 2014

Chairman of the Independent National
Electoral Commission (INEC) Prof. Attahiru
Jega, yesterday warned the media
community against the publication of results
from 2015 elections before they are officially
released by the electoral commission.

Jega who stated this during a two day
workshop on “reporting election: a non
partisan approach” organised by Media
Scholars Network in collaboration with INEC
which held in Ibadan, Oyo State, stressed
that unauthorised publication of results
could cause chaos and alter the electoral
process.

The INEC chairman who was represented by
chief public affairs officer of INEC,
Chukwuemeka Ugboaja, also underscored
the importance of relationship between the
electoral commission and the media in
ensuring free, fair and credible polls in 2015.
He said, “Election results are not things you
can pick from the gutters, they can only be
published when officially announced so that
we don’t create problems.”
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Firefire(m): 10:37am On Dec 16, 2014
We got a lot of wicked analyst here who are more professional than INEC, maybe. cheesy grin undecided

6 Likes

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by akumada1: 10:41am On Dec 16, 2014
Apc in nairaland will release the result in january before the election in febuary.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by holatin(m): 10:43am On Dec 16, 2014
naira what.

So nairaland is the only media community ?

I marvel at your gullibility
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Firefire(m): 10:44am On Dec 16, 2014
akumada1:
[b]Apc in nairaland [/b]will release the result in january before the election in febuary.

na there way embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by bobjay40: 10:46am On Dec 16, 2014
Trust my nairalanders,d calculations neva stops shocked cool
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Tolexander: 10:49am On Dec 16, 2014
Why shouldn't i update the result of the election in my polling unit?
Are they planning any mago mago?

11 Likes

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Truth24(m): 10:51am On Dec 16, 2014
Help me beg dem ooo
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 16, 2014
This. Is the beginning of rigging.. Buhari was published as the winner before the official result... Governor of Ekiti was published as the winner before the official results. Then tell me why we can't do dsame in february.. Let's all work together to get the result before this people announce. This will reduce them from announcing wrong person
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by RockMaxi: 10:58am On Dec 16, 2014
Tolexander:
Why shouldn't i update the result of the election in my polling unit?
Are they planning any mago mago?

grin grin Social media have been making things difficult for the crooks, it's no longer easy to manipulate figures like before.

7 Likes

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by san316(m): 11:02am On Dec 16, 2014
but for the mischief of some people who like spreading wrong info on nl, it is best that a follow up of the elections be posted so as to check rigging. however, it is the attitude of some of us herd that will cause the next election crisis. beware.
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Montaque(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2014
That historic announcement go be like a whistle blown for athletes.
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by bknight: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2014
What if different people start to post different results for one particular ward. And each person claiming his update is the correct one.

For ward A: APC observers post APC:100; PDP: 99 as result on social media and
For same ward A: PDP observers post PDP: 101; APC 98?

In my opinion, I think stooges may salvage the opportunity to cause chaos. Let us all wait for INEC's results.

undecided
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by dridowu: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2014
I dissagree with Jega , once the returning officer in my ward/unit have announced the result, then i don't think noting ahould be stopping me from announcing it to the world. The only problem i think we can have is announcing false result which can cause chaos.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Truckpusher(m): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2014
akumada1:
Apc in nairaland will release the result in january before the election in febuary.
Get out from my head. grin
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 16, 2014
godson36:
This. Is the beginning of rigging.. Buhari was published as the winner before the official result... Governor of Ekiti was published as the winner before the official results. Then tell me why we can't do dsame in february.. Let's all work together to get the result before this people announce. This will reduce them from announcing wrong person
U no dey shame
After they both got annihilated 22m - 12m and 16-0 respectively they are still d winner
Better go get shock absorber
Feb 14 go shock u
They (INEC) are just trying to at least reduce the number of lives ur war-lord battalion go waste when he's get re-annihilated for the 4th consecutive election years

4 Likes

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by kekakuz(m): 11:43am On Dec 16, 2014
Ok
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Collynzo9: 11:44am On Dec 16, 2014
Whoever wants to announce results of their wards on social media should back it up with videos of the counting and announcement by the iNEC officials, this will curb mischief.

1 Like

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by aljazira: 11:46am On Dec 16, 2014
If you waste so much time and look as if PDP want to compromise you then we will be force to do the needful mr niggah!!!!!!!!!Time for seriousness and change.
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by aljazira: 11:52am On Dec 16, 2014
akumada1:
PDP in nairaland will release the result this December before the election in February.

1 Like

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by coolhamid(m): 11:55am On Dec 16, 2014
I agree with you JEGA... It's high time we checkmate election malpractices.... No GMB, No Vote

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by gen2briz(m): 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
If I post the results of my ward and local government make dem come arrest me

SAI GMB

1 Like

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by IamBuhari: 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
coolhamid:
I agree with you JEGA... It's high time we checkmate election malpractices.... No GMB, No Vote

Exactly. We can trust Gen. Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku and Amaechi to end corruption. Why didn't we think of this earlier?
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by coolhamid(m): 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
IamBuhari:

Exactly. We can trust Gen. Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku and Amaechi to end corruption. Why didn't we think of this earlier?
If you know that your name is your name and your surname is your surname, quote me next time and see what will happen....

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
Why? So they can manipulate it? Since it is supposedly free and fair, why can't the whole nation follow the result?
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by mayorall(m): 1:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
So we shouldn't let the world know the results at our polling unit?.

Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by ibisko04: 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
Collynzo9:
Whoever wants to announce results of their wards on social media should back it up with videos of the counting and announcement by the iNEC officials, this will curb mischief.
I concur with your opinion. The best way to curb rigging in 2015 general elections is for people to records the counting of votes where ever they cast their vote. Social media must be fired from all cylinder during the elections.
Thank God, nearly everybody is an owner of camera phone. Police and other security agency must be warned not to confiscate peoples phones.
People must also caution themselves as not to post falsehood on line. One thing is that video will not lie.
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by CashdownNG: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
loll
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by gebest: 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
We understand that inec is planning to rig the 2015 elections in favour of PDP, the result announced at the polling centre is what we will publish for the world to see the truth. We stand by the truth. and nothing but the truth.
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by mazzi: 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
IamBuhari:

hahahaha.wot a response!
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by focus7: 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
Jonathan agenda to manipulates election results before its official release. For a free and fair let the media release before the official release.
Re: Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders by XketchDesigns(m): 2:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
Am I d only one that noticed how pro PDP are against publishing results online? I wonder why that is?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Scared Of Gen Buhari's Safety.. / Photos: VP Osinbajo's Visit Shuts Down Calabar For 10 Hours / RIVERS OF BLOOD (GRAPHIC PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.