Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Five PDP Members Of The House Of Representatives Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five PDP Members Of The House Of Representatives Defects To APC (652 Views)

Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives / Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five PDP Members Of The House Of Representatives Defects To APC by amzee(m): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
Five PDP members of the House of Representatives defects to APC.
They announced their
defection from the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) to the All
Progressives Congress
(APC). The federal
lawmakers who
defected to the
opposition include;
Isiaka Mohammed,
Ibrahim El-sudi (Taraba), Adams
Jagaba (Kaduna) ,
Hambe Herman
(Benue) and Ahmed
Aisha Dahiru
(Adamawa). The House members’
defection is believed
not to be
unconnected with the
manner their hitherto
party’s primaries were conducted
which led
to their failure to
secure a return ticket. Previously, the
PDP
had 189 members as
against the 159 seats
occupied by the APC
members in the lower
chamber. With Tuesday’s defection,
PDP’s number has
now dropped to 184
while that of the APC
grows to 164. The
remaining 12 seats are in the kitty of
smaller parties. This loss of five
members by the
ruling party further
forecloses the
possibility of securing
the consent of 240 of the 360-man
chamber
needed to impeach
Speaker, Aminu
Tambuwal.
Re: Five PDP Members Of The House Of Representatives Defects To APC by DjAndroid: 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
5 MEMBERS DEFECTS?

Wrong grammar.

Should be :

5 members defect.
Re: Five PDP Members Of The House Of Representatives Defects To APC by podosci(m): 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
DjAndroid:
5 MEMBERS DEFECTS?

Wrong grammar.

Should be :

5 members defect.
This is my problem with Nigerians.......Try to get the message before attacking the messenger....but at least you didn't abuse him only corrected his grammar...
Re: Five PDP Members Of The House Of Representatives Defects To APC by DjAndroid: 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
podosci:

This is my problem with Nigerians.......Try to get the message before attacking the messenger....but at least you didn't abuse him only corrected his grammar...

I never intended to abuse him. I came to nairaland to learn and also help those willing to learn.
Re: Five PDP Members Of The House Of Representatives Defects To APC by podosci(m): 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
DjAndroid:

I never intended to abuse him. I came to nairaland to learn and also help those willing to learn.
i admire your maturity.......thanks for ur efforts.
Re: Five PDP Members Of The House Of Representatives Defects To APC by amzee(m): 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tnx 4 d correction

(1) (Reply)

The Bigotry Against Aregbesola, By Prof. Yemi Osinbajo / This Was How Gen.buhari Constituted His Government When He Was Head Of State / Doyin Okupe The Bastard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.