Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP (1513 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Why I Did Not Pick Aluko As My Cos - Fayose / BREAKING: APC Concludes On Oshiomole As Buhari Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP by BigB11(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
We must not forget that from day 1 it is never about anybody, but all about Nigeria and Nigerians in general, therefore APC should not change...this party must continue to represent a party that cares and focuses on rescuing Nigeria from this heavy bleeding.

Buhari is known to be a man of uncompromising integrity, for that reason, picking Amaechi, Oshiomole, Tinubu or any other politicians will be a total mistake. Buhari's administration needs room and freedom to fight for the little guys, to eradicate corruption and to inculcate discipline back into our society/system. All these goals will be extremely challenging to accomplish with an old thief (Tinubu), a drama queen (Rotimi Ameachi), or a Mr flipflop (Oshiomole) as the VP. Consequently, it makes more sense to pick a fresh individual that has no political skeletons, drama or baggage.

Many leaders from the past weren't able to perform mostly because of their sins (or VP sins) from the past. You can not fight corruption when your bank accounts are full of money that don't belong to you or when your friends are all political thieves. It is impossible. This is one of the major reasons why corruption has not been eradicated for over 40 years.

We can not continue to do the same thing and expect a different outcome. It is impossible. Osinbajo brings a fresh air, clean slate and a new flavor to Buhari's administration.
Without any doubt, I see nothing but great things from this unique team.

Amaechi needs to remain a true soldier of hope, Oshiomole needs to stay cool, and Tinubu needs to just stay home....please!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP by englishmart(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
this your opinion doesn't count. Just try again later.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP by thegoodone2(m): 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
not only that. if vp is a musilim, its a failure in SW. so fashola and Tinuibu has gone. Osinbanjo, Oyinlola and Fayemi will be okay. the best is Osinbanjo.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP by gists: 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Must the VP be from the SW? Tthis is the same mistake ACN made in 2011. People need to realise that GMB will not be able to KILL corruption in Nigeria. That is just a big unrealistic dream. However, he can reduce corruption a GREAT DEAL if he has a good, vibrant never say die VP. This is where Oshibanjo falls short. NEVER underestimate the power and political might of these governors. I repeat, FASHOLA would have been the best candidate but we have allowed pdp to sow this seed of religious mediocrity into our hearts. So, For me Oshiomole is the best compromise APC can field to appease the SW voters because of his exploits as NLC president. I believe he also has some level of inluence in SS better than Amaehi. Oshiomole is popular, vibrant and a RELATIVE performer. Amechi can be compensated with the post of Petroleum Minister or other juicy post for his massive contribution to the party.
Re: Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP by Curlieweed: 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
gists:
Must the VP be from the SW? Tthis is the same mistake ACN made in 2011. People need to realise that GMB will not be able to KILL corruption in Nigeria. That is just a big unrealistic dream. However, he can reduce corruption a GREAT DEAL if he has a good, vibrant never say die VP. This is where Oshibanjo falls short. NEVER underestimate the power and political might of these governors. I repeat, FASHOLA would have been the best candidate but we have allowed pdp to sow this seed of religious mediocrity into our hearts. So, For me Oshiomole is the best compromise APC can field to appease the SW voters because of his exploits as NLC president. I believe he also has some level of inluence in SS better than Amaehi. Oshiomole is popular, vibrant and a RELATIVE performer. Amechi can be compensated with the post of Petroleum Minister or other juicy post for his massive contribution to the party.

Why is the post juicy? I thought we all hate "kwarauption"?

These Naija pipu sef! Our country is a circus. Real riot!

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP by BigB11(m): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
I repeat, FASHOLA would have been the best candidate but we have allowed pdp to sow this seed of religious mediocrity into our hearts.
I completely agree with you...In fact, this is my main reason for omitting FASHOLA's name on this topic.

Fashola has everything and more that it takes to be a wonderful VP (or even president), but we must not forget that Nigeria is still a very complicated country, for this reason, APC would have been playing with fire if Muslim/Muslim team was picked.

Without any doubt, Fashola is my choice, but Osinbajo will do just fine.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP by BigB11(m): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
Picking Osinbajo as running mate is a fantastic decision.

Nigeria will rise again.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP by PassingShot(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
Considering all the factors and circumstances, Osinbajo is still the best.

In terms of proven performer, a Fashola stands shoulder and neck above the rest. And he is surely a part of the new government when APC finally sweeps out the PDP.
Re: Why Buhari Can Not Pick Tinubu, Amaechi, Or Oshiomole As VP by BigB11(m): 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
Fashola would have been another great pick, but looking at things on ground, picking him at this point in time would have been a risky move.
Let's be honest, BokoHaram attacks and all other Islamic jihad shenanigans all around the world would have made Muslim/Muslim ticket unattractive inside and outside Nigeria

APC has made an incredible pick and I see nothing but great things.

Finally, it is looking more like Nigerians are well prepared to get it right this time around.

A great country deserves magnificent leaders.

Buhari/ Osinbajo 2015.

(1) (Reply)

Decree 4; The Buhari Idiagbon Story / A Mother Kills Her Own Day-old Baby (picture) / We Wont Support Jonathan, He Can't Win - APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.