Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Mange On Dogs - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Mange On Dogs (7531 Views)

Never Use Motor Oil To Bathe Dog With Mange / How Do I Treat Mange On My Dog. / Woman Spends £60, 000 (N18 Million Naira) On Dogs’ Wedding Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mange On Dogs by Femi2Ranking(m): 8:44am On Dec 17, 2014
Pls how effective is palm karnel oil in treating mange, or are soaps better.... if soaps are what type and what does one use to disinfect the kernel

Re: Mange On Dogs by Prodeegee(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2014
Femi2Ranking:
Pls how effective is palm karnel oil in treating mange, or are soaps better.... if soaps are what type and what does one use to disinfect the kernel

My friend and namesake...use coconut oil. Best ever!

Now mange is caused by mites. Fumigation will get rid of them in the surroundings, but be careful when fumigating a house withpets.

Rub the coconut oil all over her skin.

And incase ure wondering what coconut oil is..."Adin agbon"...lol
Re: Mange On Dogs by Femi2Ranking(m): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
Prodeegee:

My friend and namesake...use coconut oil. Best ever!

Now mange is caused by mites. Fumigation will get rid of them in the surroundings, but be careful when fumigating a house withpets.

Rub the coconut oil all over her skin.

And incase ure wondering what coconut oil is..."Adin agbon"...lol
. lol I get you brother thanks a lot I will get it sharp sharp as for the fumigation I will do it also....
Re: Mange On Dogs by Seun(m): 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
@Prodegree: how did you find out that coconut oil works, and how long does it take for the effects to be seen?

@Femi2Ranking: Please post pictures of your dog so that the mange diagnosis can be confirmed and others can learn from it too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mange On Dogs by Femi2Ranking(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
Seun:
@Prodegree: how did you find out that coconut oil works, and how long does it take for the effects to be seen?

@Femi2Ranking: Please post pictures of your dog so that the mange diagnosis can be confirmed and others can learn from it too.
. Am going to do that tomorrow morning.. thanks

That's the pitbull.

Re: Mange On Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
I use local oil call adin Eko in my hometown on my dogs to control all form of skin problem including ticks , I even add to the food or give directly to the dog and it serves as deworming method. I'm not a fan of injection and tablets. So if you can get this oil fine. Just ask for the edible adin.

2 Likes

Re: Mange On Dogs by Apitch(m): 2:55am On Dec 23, 2014
oluomoadebayo:
I use local oil call adin Eko in my hometown on my dogs to control all form of skin problem including ticks , I even add to the food or give directly to the dog and it serves as deworming method. I'm not a fan of injection and tablets. So if you can get this oil fine. Just ask for the edible adin.
I guess that's the palm kernel oil, please what quantity do U give them and how often?
Re: Mange On Dogs by prodeegeeDOGS: 10:57am On Dec 23, 2014
Seun:

@seun, I did some research online and tried it. Actually I first used it to cure skin cancer. That's coconut oil + baking soda. Works faster than anything. Coconut oil heals wound fast, and works for mange. If u give coconut oil daily to you dog to drink, her skin would be as fresh as mine.

But coconut oil is costly.
Re: Mange On Dogs by prodeegeeDOGS: 10:59am On Dec 23, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Its same as adin agbon na...isn't it
Re: Mange On Dogs by prodeegeeDOGS: 11:02am On Dec 23, 2014
Femi2Ranking:
. Am going to do that tomorrow morning.. thanks

That's the pitbull.

Bro are u sure its not hygroma? Is it swelling?
Re: Mange On Dogs by Femi2Ranking(m): 11:10am On Dec 23, 2014
prodeegeeDOGS:

Bro are u sure its not hygroma? Is it swelling?

No its not hygroma no swelling I have see the vet he gave me stuff the place is healed and hairs are coming back little by little since its not a very hairy dog...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mange On Dogs by Seun(m): 11:15am On Dec 23, 2014
prodeegeeDOGS:
Actually I first used it to cure skin cancer. That's coconut oil + baking soda.
So it cures cancer too? That is indeed miraculous! Please describe your exact experience with coconut oil; don't just keep saying it works.
Re: Mange On Dogs by Seun(m): 11:18am On Dec 23, 2014
Femi2Ranking:
No its not hygroma no swelling I have see the vet he gave me stuff the place is healed and hairs are coming back little by little since its not a very hairy dog...
What's the name of the medicine that the vet gave you? Since the medicine is working, why are you still thinking of switching to vegetable oil?
Re: Mange On Dogs by Femi2Ranking(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2014
Seun:

What's the name of the medicine that the vet gave you? Since the medicine is working, why are you still thinking of switching to vegetable oil?
I went to the vet day before yesterday a while after I had made the post.
Re: Mange On Dogs by Seun(m): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2014
Femi2Ranking:
I went to the vet day before yesterday a while after I had made the post.
That's cool. Noted. Please share the name of the medicine with us.
Also, what kind of mange is it according to your vet? (there are two common types). Thanks!
Re: Mange On Dogs by prodeegeeDOGS: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2014
Seun:
So it cures cancer too? That is indeed miraculous! Please describe your exact experience with coconut oil; don't just keep saying it works.

Ok. Will do in a new thread. But first, help me ask your mod in d pets section why I was banned there. I can't remember dragging babe with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mange On Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
Apitch:

I guess that's the palm kernel oil, please what quantity do U give them and how often?

The result is efficient and quick, so I make sure I have a bottle at home . During this sunny period, I give like a spoon 2 times in a week.
Re: Mange On Dogs by oluomoadebayo: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
prodeegeeDOGS:

Its same as adin agbon na...isn't it

No. Adin agbon is for human body.
Re: Mange On Dogs by Prodeegee(m): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Does your. Adin smell like coconut?
Re: Mange On Dogs by Apitch(m): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
Please which one is adin agbon again? We are not all yorubas though such stuffs are hard to get the English name so whoever knows should translate it before person go use im hand poison im dog

2 Likes

Re: Mange On Dogs by DidiLove1: 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
Femi2Ranking:

Please what's the name of the medicine you got from the vet?
Re: Mange On Dogs by Prodeegee(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
Apitch:
Please which one is adin agbon again? We are not all yorubas though such stuffs are hard to get the English name so whoever knows should translate it before person go use im hand poison im dog

Bro the first post I translated it nah...its coconut oil.
Re: Mange On Dogs by Apitch(m): 5:12am On Dec 24, 2014
Prodeegee:

Bro the first post I translated it nah...its coconut oil.
Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Mange On Dogs by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

There is adin agbon and adi dudu.adin agon I think is like baby oil or groundnut oil,while the adi dudu is dark like already used groundnut oil.Generally oily stuff kills the mange mites,The vets can recommend maxitraz,and sometimes mixed with wound healing oil.
I think I prefer adi dudu ,especially when I have to deal with pups,though I hear ppl say its good to give pups to drink,I have never tried it,but I know its good as dey give babies too

1 Like

Re: Mange On Dogs by barcaboi(m): 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2016
read abt coconut oil but is adi dud also good....I just bought it and rubbed on my gsd wey just born....I don't want fleas and ticks near the puppies
Re: Mange On Dogs by barcaboi(m): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
oluomoadebayo:
I just rubbed adin dudu or ekuro on my gsd wey just born....hope no adverse effects on puppies
Re: Mange On Dogs by olumig(m): 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adin agbon (coconut oil) and adin (palm kennel oil) are both good for dogs, so also been oil(dogoyaro)
Re: Mange On Dogs by Omololu007(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
olumig:
Adin agbon (coconut oil) and adin (palm kennel oil) are both good for dogs, so also been oil(dogoyaro)
dogoyaro nah ogogoro now
Re: Mange On Dogs by olumig(m): 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
Omololu007:
dogoyaro nah ogogoro now
You don't have to be sarcastic, I meant neem oil.
Re: Mange On Dogs by uchpanila(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
Please this coconut oil is it same as palm kernel oil? Have been searching for the coconut oil, I only see palm kernel oil.
Re: Mange On Dogs by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2016
BOUNTYDOG:

There is adin agbon and adi dudu.adin agon I think is like baby oil or groundnut oil,while the adi dudu is dark like already used groundnut oil.Generally oily stuff kills the mange mites,The vets can recommend maxitraz,and sometimes mixed with wound healing oil.
I think I prefer adi dudu ,especially when I have to deal with pups,though I hear ppl say its good to give pups to drink,I have never tried it,but I know its good as dey give babies too

I have a cheaper means now cos I have a very large dog that it body can take up2 whole bottles of maxitraz after bath and the adi dudu,he can use up to half of the 1k5 quantity and seems mange recurs frequently wit D particular dog,
Now I use old transmission oil.lol

1 Like

Re: Mange On Dogs by olumig(m): 11:38am On Mar 06, 2016
BOUNTYDOG:

I have a cheaper means now cos I have a very large dog that it body can take up2 whole bottles of maxitraz after bath and the adi dudu,he can use up to half of the 1k5 quantity and seems mange recurs frequently wit D particular dog,
Now I use old transmission oil.lol
seriously, is it safe for the dog.

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Most Expensive Dog Breeds You'll Find In Nigeria / What Happens To Unwanted Dogs In Nigeria? / BOBBY SAXY Dog Tour To South Africa...visited The Breeder Of PINACLE HAVOC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.