Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? (26081 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? / Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by BlackSEER(m): 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
my grandmum actually breastfed me when my mum wasn't around.my mum just told me now
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by optimusprime2(m): 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
and this kids is the reason why men become gay... they cant differentiate quality tits because they fed from ... you know sacs
#justsaying
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
fpeter:

Most grandmas do it just to keep the baby from crying especially when the mum is not available
There's no danger in this,(provided she's my mum)also the milk of course must have dried up years
Ago...babies love to suck so it's just like giving them a pacifier...no milk,no dirt but it keeps them
occupied till mommy gets home to feed them with the real deal.
Yeah, exactly..

1 Like

Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by zheroes(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
what is grandmum feeding the baby with?
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by hensben(m): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Not really advisable...

seven things grandmother should do;

1) “Make sure Mommy and Baby and Daddy get bonding time without anyone begging to hold the baby. Basically, be the Gatekeeper.”

2) “Asking how you can help and also mentioning things that you would like to do, like the dishes and adding, is that ok with you? As in letting her know she is still queen of the castle and all you want is to help.”

3) “Ask the parents to be for the names and numbers of all their friends and anyone who has ever offered to help them. Call all these people and set up a meal and chore train to start as soon as baby is born.”

4) “Also, if your daughter snaps at you for something-remember she might be under a ton of stress at the moment and you’re a ‘safe’ person to snap at. Please, please, please don’t be hurt and don’t take it personally.”

5) “Saying encouraging words like you are doing a great job and the like are nice too.”

6) “When you visit, your job will be to take care of the mama and the house if needed. Trust, she will appreciate having someone there who is not plotting to pry that new baby from her arms. Just keep her fed, hydrated, and throw a load of laundry in the machine and you will have her undying gratitude.”

7) “Don’t give advice unless asked for it.”

1 Like

Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
firstEVA:
I don't think its hygienic. The grand mum has not breast fed for several years, the nipples will definitely be carrying hidden dirt particles.
4 your mind nah only these old women village be grandma?

Some grandmas dey clean pass you tbh.
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by masseratti: 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Yomieluv:
Breastfeed how,is the grandma breast releasing milk ni?
that part baffles me ooo,we learn everyday sha.
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by dynamicshow: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
absolute rubbish
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
I dont think women produce milk all year round , if they do , bobos for no dey tire ... I think its ok @ least it will prevent the child from sucking fingers.
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ichel:

Tell him dear.
I remember sucking the highly nutritious own of ma granny and also ma late younger sis taking part in the feast, and it was like one great holy communion. Even now, if i want some, she'd gladly give me some. lolx.
Btw, if she don't take care of us(when our mum is nt available), who will?
wow I so much envy you. The good thing about my own story is that my maternal grandma,my mum and me have the same shape of niipples and boobs. Lolz! Even after breastfeeding,our boobs still stood firm.
grin grin
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Mhizdimplez(f): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
I have never heard/seen this before in my life....eeeeww embarassed lipsrsealed I don't think it's proper tho....
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by JoeCutie(m): 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
Breastfeeding?
With breast?
Which breast?

Ara dara ada adago. Nke kwu oto ka ga adakwa. undecided tongue cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
RedBenson:

The way issues are raised these days is very pathetic. I sucked my grandmum breast until i was 8 and look at me today, health and hearty. Many people actually did this and there've been no negative effect on them. What do we think today is wrong with that?
hahahahaha, you sucked till you were 8? hmmmmm, that may explain you randiness , hahahahaha grin

3 Likes

Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Tallesty1:
4 your mind nah only these old women village be grandma?

Some grandmas dey clean pass you tbh.
stop personalizing it ok?, nonsense!
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
ebonysmoot:
Actually nothing comes out. It's just for the child to fiddle on something...which eventually puts him to sleep. That's what my grand ma told me

You have satisfied my curiosity, i was wondering how a grand mother could produce breast milk. Ladies in the house, can a woman produce breast milk even if she has not recently put to bed?

cc Babyosisi, Desola, Berem.
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by bintudon(f): 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
My mum breastfeed mine baby, cause I was still going for classes, but I asked her to stop it, y, is because when I return from class my baby will still suck and I noticed that my nipple develop wound, I went for check up and I was told it becos my baby is feeding from other nipple.
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by shikshark: 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
with POWDERED MILK? veeery wrong
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
BlackSEER:
my grandmum actually breastfed me when my mum wasn't around.my mum just told me now
did you ask her if your grandmum produced milk when she was breastfeeding you?
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

You have satisfied my curiosity, i was wondering how a grand mother could produce breast milk. Ladies in the house, can a woman produce breast milk even if she has not recently put to bed?

cc Babyosisi, Desola, Berem.
I don't think so
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
firstEVA:
hahahahaha, you sucked till you were 8? hmmmmm, that may explain you randiness , hahahahaha grin

Hello, have we met before?
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
The question u shld ask is if there is still milk in the grandmum's breast??
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by nduchucks: 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
berem:
I was watching a programme on TVC and a topic was been discussed about grandmums breastfeeding their grandchildren especially when the mother of the babies are not around.

Mothers,can you allow your mother breastfeed your baby in your absence?

I'm a bit ignorant on these matters, as I've never encountered any milk while 'addressing' a woman's breasts when she has not recently given birth to a baby. How did these grandmothers miraculously produce bre ast milk? Were they also nursing when their daughters gave birth?

It would make sense to hear that the mothers pumped some breast milk for later use and the grandmothers fed the babies that milk.

This may the reason why some babies bite their mother's bre asts in protest.
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Ichel: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
RedBenson:

The way issues are raised these days is very pathetic. I sucked my grandmum breast until i was 8 and look at me today, health and hearty. Many people actually did this and there've been no negative effect on them. What do we think today is wrong with that?
And Ben is the man!!! I know how it feels grin
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
berem:
wow I so much envy you. The good thing about my own story is that my maternal grandma,my mum and me have the same shape of niipples and boobs. Lolz! Even after breastfeeding,our boobs still stood firm.
grin grin

Are you sure? Care to post pikishurs so that we can see your boobs and do necessary assessment. cool
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
it depends on the conditions leading to that ...
1: if the mother is HIV positive
2: if the mother is demise
3: if the mother is under any serious medical condition resulting to coma (at the extreme)
4: surgical conditions such as bilateral mastectomy (removal of both breast) .

under the above mentioned, its ok.
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
nduchucks:

I'm a bit ignorant on these matters, as I've never encountered any milk while 'addressing' a woman's breasts when she has not recently given birth to a baby. How did these grandmothers miraculously produce breat milk? Were they also nursing when their daughters gave birth?

It would make sense to hear that the mothers pumped some breast milk for later use and the grandmothers fed the babies that milk.

This may the reason why some babies bite their mother's breasts in protest.
the bold part still gets me confused. I have been hearing stories of such but have never seen it happen. Maybe gynaecologists in the house can explain to us how true it is and how it happens.

1 Like

Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

Are you sure? Care to post pikishurs so that we can see your boobs and do necessary assessment. cool
iji kwa ahu?
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Lilimax(f): 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
I wouldn't support it. However, it's a fruiless excercise as no break milk will come out from it. I heard someone calling it a placebo undecided it is a big NO to me.
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by oginga: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
It's absolutely wrong.
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
berem:

I wanna know how possible it is for breastmilk to flow despite not breastfeeding for a long time.
that's what I wanna ask.
Last Bullet
OP, shey water still dey the grandma's b reast ni?
Plus including, shey every grandma dirty ni?
If the grandma is a neat woman, the b reast ll be clean.
Why are some people disrespecting their grannys and calling their b reast a dirty one?
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
berem:
iji kwa ahu?

grin grin Biko zie anyi photo kaany hun bo.oby gi. Onweron onye maragi eba. Achokwam ihugi eba nani bo.oby gi kam choga. grin Can't wait. grin grin
Re: Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ichel:

And Ben is the man!!! I know how it feels grin

i dont understand u sister. What impression are we creating here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Wife Is Pregnant For An ‘Okada’ Man, Pastor Laments In Court / Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? / Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.