Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

NTA Is Pathetically Biased - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA Is Pathetically Biased (1844 Views)

Nigerian Military Condemns CNN For Their Biased Report On Their Interview / Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Is Very Biased And Partisan. / NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NTA Is Pathetically Biased by maclatunji: 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
They are reporting the emergence of Professor Yemi Osinbajo as running mate to APC Presidential candidate, General Muhammad Buhari (Rtd.) on NTA network news at 9.37pm when virtually every other station has it as its top headline. It was mentioned as if it was not important and there were no visuals or any kind of report at all.

The Nigerian Television Authority belongs to all Nigerians and should not remain the mouthpiece of the federal government/ruling party to the detriment of fairness and balance in news reportage.

Ultimately, there should be a new act that makes National Television and Radio independent, fair and balanced as best as can be. The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) also needs to be independent as well to have the capacity to sanction such infractions across state-owned media outlets that might have similar practices as well.

9 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by seanet02: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Did you just know?

2 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by xpac01(m): 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
*in GEJ's voice* go and hug the nearest transformer...

17 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by talktimi(m): 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lamentations of an ant

12 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by Beesluv: 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
NTA doesn't represent well. No be today

2 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by Tolexander: 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
How do you expect TAN NTA to announce anything concerning Buhari?

May God provide the money to get DSTV, Startime et al for you before the end of this year so that your TV won't get stucked to NTA due to binatone antenna on bamboo stick. gringrin

14 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by mohammad11: 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
NTA matter no be today.

Youth of now dont count on NTA at all...

Its men that are in dia late 30s and above dt still love listening to it...

1 Like

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
Don't worry all their sakara would end by next year.

We shall bring them back to Lagos close to bar-beach, they shall do our bidding and that of all Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by blinkmoneyo(m): 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
who watches NTA when channels is there. pathetic Jonathan supporters. even cartoon network is better.

5 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by olatunji390(m): 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
So we still have NTA in this country. I thought it has pack up.

1 Like

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by hushmail: 11:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
na by force to carry d news?

U know weather dem even invite NTA?

Bros u need to pay b4 ur news go on air

4 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by kokoA(m): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
shocked NTA! They still exist? Is Cyril Stober, Nancy Niimyel, Ruth Opia, Euginea Abu, Maraim Arthur, etc still there? shocked choi!

2 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by donphilopus: 12:00am On Dec 18, 2014
Maclatunji is just too cool contrary to what they usually say about him. If it were other Mods, they would have deleted the posts of the 2nd and 3rd Commentators and banned them accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by DjAndroid: 12:52am On Dec 18, 2014
Op, broadcast industries reserve the right to make any story of their choice A headline .
Every media house has its own style. Don't expect NTA to join the bandwagon.

1 Like

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by amanda2013(f): 12:56am On Dec 18, 2014
You still dey watch NTA? undecided

4 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by Brimmie(m): 1:00am On Dec 18, 2014
Brother, please get a Consat Decoder to watch TVC Nigeria Channel 190 for Up-To-Date NEWS in Nigeria.

The Channel is coming to DSTV very soon.

1 Like

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 18, 2014
NTA,does it still exist?

I doubt it will show on my. Black 60" Samsung LED TV,if I tuned to it.

1 Like

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by Montaque(m): 4:38am On Dec 18, 2014
That's why they never progress in their enterprise...because they are sycophants,sinking with the govt. Check almost all the state owned radio n Tv corporation,they are way behind their private owned competitors.

2 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by fr3do(m): 5:16am On Dec 18, 2014
donphilopus:
Maclatunji is just too cool contrary to what they usually say about him. If it were other Mods, they would have deleted the posts of the 2nd and 3rd Commentators and banned them accordingly.

I have, times without number, seen people insult Aafam4evaa, Ngwakwwe without anything happening.

2 Likes

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by SweetJoystick(m): 5:26am On Dec 18, 2014
Wetin you expect? No be today, e don tey
Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by Ariyke: 6:15am On Dec 18, 2014
NTA still exist
Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by minister2015: 6:54am On Dec 18, 2014
NTA=TAN THIEVES ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA
THIEVES AROUND NIGERIA
NIGER DELTA TRANSFORMATION AGENDA(NTA)
Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by homesteady(m): 7:05am On Dec 18, 2014
Montaque:
That's why they never progress in their enterprise...because they are sycophants,sinking with the govt. Check almost all the state owned radio n Tv corporation,they are way behind their private owned competitors.

truth!
I'm even surprised that the OP is complaining! I blame him for watching that yeye NTA
Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by EddyNumerouno(m): 7:06am On Dec 18, 2014
With channels showing Maupe Oguns nippples, why watch NTA grin grin grin
Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by rattlesnake(m): 7:21am On Dec 18, 2014
maclatunji:
They are reporting the emergence of Professor Yemi Osinbajo as running mate to APC Presidential candidate, General Muhammad Buhari (Rtd.) on NTA network news at 9.37pm when virtually every other station has it as its top headline. It was mentioned as if it was not important and there were no visuals or any kind of report at all.

The Nigerian Television Authority belongs to all Nigerians and should not remain the mouthpiece of the federal government/ruling party to the detriment of fairness and balance in news reportage.

Ultimately, there should be a new act that makes National Television and Radio independent, fair and balanced as best as can be. The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) also needs to be independent as well to have the capacity to sanction such infractions across state-owned media outlets that might have similar practices as well.

its govt owned station dude
Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by maclatunji: 7:23am On Dec 18, 2014
DjAndroid:
Op, broadcast industries reserve the right to make any story of their choice A headline .
Every media house has its own style. Don't expect NTA to join the bandwagon.

House style of misrepresentation?
Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by maclatunji: 7:35am On Dec 18, 2014
amanda2013:
You still dey watch NTA? undecided

You are not the first to ask this question on this thread but let me answer them through your post.

If you don't watch your National Television news, you'll without doubt miss many elements of your government's policies, plans, projects and activities..There is no private station that will dedicate the same amount of resources to covering government activities like the NTA does.

I also find it sad that some people have shown the typical "I better pass my neighbour" mentality with suggestions of getting pay television when the issue is about a government institution not delivering on its duties.

What makes such commentators think that I watched NTA news on terrestrial television? I guess it is the "I better pass my neighbour" syndrome.

Besides, there are about 13 stations on terrestrial television.

1 Like

Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by Almaiga: 7:36am On Dec 18, 2014
who even watch NTA, i have stoped watching the station since 19.......
Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2014
Shey be nta report am
Come to ipinle omoluabi
They don turn OSBC (Osun state broadcasting corp)
To (Ogbeni ,serifat broadcasting corp)
If u hear PDP the next line is to attack them
Thank God info now spread even with out media houses
Osun might have become the most brainwashed city in Nigeria
They will fighting themselves, rioting, protesting against dictatorship in d party within d state ....they will turn deaf hears to it..just to tell pple to avoid the area where d polity is heating..it become an heavy duty
Its the same where this idiot akerele will shout we have paid ur salaries ooo
Only to get to d bank and be told that they haven't even sign cheque not to talk of processing
Re: NTA Is Pathetically Biased by maclatunji: 11:44am On Dec 18, 2014
^LOL.

Virtually every aspect of life in Nigeria needs reform including the press.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways Under Buhari - The Best African Airways Till Date / Apc Presidential Rally In Lagos / I Stay Out Of Politics But Mrs Buhari Called Edo Women Prostitutes – Uche Jumbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.