Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? (31668 Views)

Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) / Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo / Gmb's Running Mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by ZUBY77(m): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2014
What else does a vice president or deputy Governors in Nigeria do, aside waiting for the main man to die.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by LordMecuzy(m): 7:13am On Dec 18, 2014
Reptyle:
It has started.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

First Metuh has a problem with how long it took Buhari to select a VP candidate.

Now this joker of an OP is here questioning his age.

I am surprised PDP is yet to raise questions about the seeming discrepancy in the man's surname!!! cheesy cheesy grin grin

@OP

So just because you finished your o ' levels at the "young" age of 35 years, you assume everyone should be like you right?? cheesy cheesy

You feel because you wrote your o ' level 12 times before managing to scale through almost becoming a career student, we must all have had the same experience right?

Na wah for you ooooo!!!!

hahahahahah hahahah guy u Bad Aswear
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by rexoluj(m): 7:17am On Dec 18, 2014
poppincash:
Just checked out Prof Osinbajo's profile. It said his LLB degree from the University of Lagos was awarded in 1978. He is 55 years now (born 1959) which means he graduated at the age of 19. How possible could this have been at the time? Meaning he must have finished his O'level at 14, A Higher School Certificate at 16, and then graduate with a Law degree at 19! impossicant-

Got this at the Redeemers University website
http://run.edu.ng/welcome/index.php?active=aboutus&pgcat=profile&cat=22

About Prof. Yemi Osinbajo

The Chairman of the University Board of Trustees (BOT), Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is the senior partner at SimmonsCooper Partners. He is a Professor of Law and a former Attorney-General of Lagos State and Commissioner for Justice. He is also a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN).

Background
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo was educated at the[b] University of Lagos, Nigeria (LLB, 1978) and the London School of Economics (LLM, 1980)[/b]. He was admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1979. He has authored several books on civil procedure in Nigerian superior courts, rules of evidence and justice reform. Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has more than 31 years of litigation experience including significant trial and appellate work. Prof. Yemi Osinbajo supervises the commercial litigation group at SimmonsCooper Partners (SCP), a leading commercial litigation and corporate commercial firm in Nigeria.

He's from a well to do family, he attended one of the best primary and secondary schools in Lagos at that time

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Olaolufred(m): 7:19am On Dec 18, 2014
[size=18pt]
IDOHOU:
@ op please read and peruse Yemi attended Corona School for his primary school education. Between 1969- 1975, he attended Igbobi College Yaba where he won the following prizes- the winner of the State Merit Award 1971; the School Prize for English Oratory, 1972; Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972-1975; Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) – 1973, School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975; African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974.

Between 1975-1978, he proceeded to the University of Lagos where we was awarded an LLB. In obtaining a Second Class Upper Degree, he received the Graham-Douglas Prize for Commercial Law.
A professor of law at age 37 (1994)

A genius as a vice president

SAI buhari 2015 is sure
[/size]
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by omenka(m): 7:22am On Dec 18, 2014
emiye:

Your argument is so faulty, i bet there were people younger than Soyinka in Soyinka's class.

Osinbajo is also a genuis in his own right, and there are several popular figures who finished primary school at age 10 at his own generation.
Honestly I didn't quite understand what the comparism was about. When has Soyinka become the standard reference point for the scholarly prowess or otherwise of anyone

These jonaTANians are too damn basic honestly. They couldn't stick anything to the man for two days besides how long it took for him to be selected, and now this!!

Their propaganda machinery has been overheating since Buhari's emergence and they got their gaskets blown after Osinbajo was selected as his running mate!

Whatever mud they throw is already expected anyway.

#Buhari/Osinbajo till 2023.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Day169: 7:24am On Dec 18, 2014
Wow! He must have a brain in his head.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 18, 2014
Taa! why do you argue without reason! undecided, park well jor nwanne m nwoke, if you see cooked up stories you no go get mouth ,you should be thinking of how to salvage the pdp image that koro&agbaje are about to tarnish angry
Gboliwe:

Wow! Wow! So even Pastor Yemi ( I prefer calling him that instead of the numerous variations of Osinbajo, Osinbajo, Osibanjo etc) has started cooking up stories and tampering with figures? shocked shocked shocked O ga dikwa egwu! This is ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by melodix(m): 7:28am On Dec 18, 2014
Every right thinking yoruba in the house should vote for him. The man is a man of integrity. Fashola even at his age carries grey hair and also a SAN. That should tell you that being a SAN. No be joke

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by jorghor(m): 7:29am On Dec 18, 2014
figment232:
The fact is that Osibanjo lied about his age.To say d least dat he is even a Pastor.Its rili disgusting.

I don't quite understand the part of where he lied about his age. He is not too young to be an achiever. My uncle (born 1935) has 2 degrees...all before 25yrs. 2nd degree is in law. A cousin also became a lawyer before hitting 21yrs.
I believe the economic background and support of osibanjo's parents played a major part in this.
One should not 4get the fact that most grandparents were farmers, palmwine tappers and so on. A palm oil seller in those days was very lucrative business if done on wholesale scale.
Its also high time we realised that we need intellects who 'have' roadmap/manifestos of their planned action for us. All this bashing won't motivate us to vote anymore. Im tired of a president who claims building secondary schools as part of his achievements (school na capital project?). I also don't want a new one that will add to my agony.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by omenka(m): 7:29am On Dec 18, 2014
mimsmonroe:
Even if he graduated at the age of 16 as long as he is not PDP criminal I will vote for him and GMB. grin
That is the spirit ma'am. Hope you already have your PVC. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by melodix(m): 7:30am On Dec 18, 2014
For achieving so much so far, Oshibajo na genius

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 18, 2014
Revolution:
Yemi Osinbajo was born in 1957, which makes him 57. Check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemi_osinbajo
and so...how come we never knw all this untill he was chosen as Buhari's jumping mate..mitcheeww
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by thaoriginator: 7:31am On Dec 18, 2014
cheesygrincheesy [laughing hard at TANdogs]

Dem don confuse lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Ologunjude(m): 7:32am On Dec 18, 2014
Good choice for vice president. APC hasn't done much in introducing him to the public and creating a strong brand of him. Branding is key here. They still have a long way to go in packaging.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by stinggy(m): 7:33am On Dec 18, 2014
Brimmie:
Lol.. Awon olori bobo ti bere! Awon omo ale onirau alainise!!

Buhari/Osinbajo is a Moving Train.. No amount of Propaganda can stop it!!

Your yoruba is deep man. I like that smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by cocoduck: 7:41am On Dec 18, 2014
stinggy:

Your yoruba is deep man. I like that smiley
Yes the train is moving you back tithes stone ages.
Rubbish, people like you think they are more Nigerian than GEJ supporters.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by abiakelevra(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2014
IDOHOU:
@ op please read and peruse Yemi attended Corona School for his primary school education. Between 1969- 1975, he attended Igbobi College Yaba where he won the following prizes- the winner of the State Merit Award 1971; the School Prize for English Oratory, 1972; Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972-1975; Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) – 1973, School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975; African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974.
Between 1975-1978, he proceeded to the University of Lagos where we was awarded an LLB. In obtaining a Second Class Upper Degree, he received the Graham-Douglas Prize for Commercial Law.
A professor of law at age 37 (1994)

A genius as a vice president

SAI buhari 2015 is sure
Story for the gods....
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Guk: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2014
Kzinne:
If you went to school at that time then you kinow this doesnt make any sense. How possible, in 1978? Face the facts. The man looks 60 or even 65. A pastor lying. To bad for Buhari anyways. gabbage

That man Prof Osinbajo was my Law of Evidence Lecturer. If Nigeria wants to be reckoned in the committee of Nations, Prof should even be President. He is 100% capable. He is not only brilliant, his application of his brilliance to governance and life generally is par excellence. I will not only vote for him. I will campaign for him.

The Legal community vouchs for him

The Academic community vouchs for him

The Christain Faith vouchs for him

The Civil Service community vouchs for him

The Civil Society and Human Rights community vouchs for him

The United Nations community vouchs for him

He is a man of unrivalled Integrity!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by stinggy(m): 7:45am On Dec 18, 2014
cocoduck:

Is someone high this early or simply mad
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by abiakelevra(m): 7:47am On Dec 18, 2014
jorghor:

I don't quite understand the part of where he lied about his age. He is not too young to be an achiever. My uncle (born 1935) has 2 degrees...all before 25yrs. 2nd degree is in law. A cousin also became a lawyer before hitting 21yrs.
I believe the economic background and support of osibanjo's parents played a major part in this.
One should not 4get the fact that most grandparents were farmers, palmwine tappers and so on. A palm oil seller in those days was very lucrative business if done on wholesale scale.
Its also high time we realised that we need intellects who 'have' roadmap/manifestos of their planned action for us. All this bashing won't motivate us to vote anymore. Im tired of a president who claims building secondary schools as part of his achievements (school na capital project?). I also don't want a new one that will add to my agony.
Yes ooo am 29, our last born s 14 and he has already obtained 3 degrees in medicine so wat s d "P"

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by fisaylab: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2014
kasiem:
this man went to school those times when ur hands must touch ur second ear before u enter primary school and he was alleged to have finished his supposed secondary level at that tender age? mehn, when will apc use their conscience in telling lies?

Sowie,you are think as if what poverty has done to u,it cut across all and sundry.myopic thinkers

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by seankay(m): 8:03am On Dec 18, 2014
Brimmie:
Lol.. Awon olori bobo ti bere! Awon omo ale onirau alainise!!

Buhari/Osinbajo is a Moving Train.. No amount of Propaganda can stop it!!
dis ur signature ehn grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Guk: 8:05am On Dec 18, 2014
Nairalanders, go and catch a glimpse of who your next Vice President is here and you shall thank God for such breath of fresh air https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yemi+osinbajo

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by lilflipnerd: 8:11am On Dec 18, 2014
jerikoyan:

Did you take note that he is from a wealthy family attended corona school the kind of people that attend such schools don't need the ear thing to enter primary school
Thank u Sir, this the same thing I want say... some ppl just compare their lowlife with others

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by awesomeb1783(m): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2014
Kzinne:
If you went to school at that time then you kinow this doesnt make any sense. How possible, in 1978? Face the facts. The man looks 60 or even 65. A pastor lying. To bad for Buhari anyways. gabbage
why are we youth this days always quick to express our ignorance? What have you done to verify the claims other than ignorantly concluding that he's lieing. Do you have any prove to back up your claims?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Olaolufred(m): 8:23am On Dec 18, 2014
cocoduck:

[size=14pt]WE ARE ACTUALLY ALL NIGERIANS-COCODUCK AND GOODUCK INCLUDED.

JUST THAT GOOFDUCK TIME IS UP.

WE CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by cr7lomo: 8:24am On Dec 18, 2014
So what , my gf graduated at 20 last yr . Good education or morality does not guarantee good governance
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Untrollable: 8:27am On Dec 18, 2014
I don't know what to make of OP whether it's pure ignorance, hatred or jealousy. I got my B.Sc at 19 with a 2:1 so what's the big deal in him graduating at 19?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by cr7lomo: 8:27am On Dec 18, 2014
mistabiola:

He became a professor at the age of 37, no matter how much you cry, that's not gonna take anything away from this genius:::: just pray to be successful so that people would sing your success story like a love song. cheesy grin

Pat utomi became a prof at 27
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 18, 2014
How did he become prof with LL.M to become a professor u must do ur LL.D/P.hD only MBBS holders do not need doctorate in nigeria settings how did he get his professorship bunch of liars
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 18, 2014
Buari's running maid ? When did the maid run ?
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nostradamu(m): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2014
Kzinne:

This comment induces derrogatory remarks to be made about the author,but then let's keep it "civil". Sir abi na Ma or "other",get ur facts right b4 making "speculative",libelous and (or) presumably idiotic statements. Buh, like I said "civil";hws ur day going? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month / Buhari Accuses Kwankwaso Of Diverting Kano Funds For His Presidential Campaign / President Buhari Receives Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Council (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.