Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? (31669 Views)

Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) / Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo / Gmb's Running Mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:42am On Dec 18, 2014
poppincash:
Just checked out Prof Osinbajo's profile. It said his LLB degree from the University of Lagos was awarded in 1978. He is 55 years now (born 1959) which means he graduated at the age of 19. How possible could this have been at the time? Meaning he must have finished his O'level at 14, A Higher School Certificate at 16, and then graduate with a Law degree at 19! impossicant-

I graduated University 7 months before my 20th birthday and my wife graduated 6 days after she turned 20yrs old, so how is his story impossible?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by ayindejimmy(m): 8:46am On Dec 18, 2014
Revolution:
Yemi Osinbajo was born in 1957, which makes him 57. Check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemi_osinbajo
Why do you bother replying people hell bent on promoting the propaganda they've been paid to
promote? Whether you present fact or not they've made up their mind to follow pdp to Atouke come 2015. So let em go
I

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by fuke(m): 8:46am On Dec 18, 2014
Kzinne:
If you went to school at that time then you kinow this doesnt make any sense. How possible, in 1978? Face the facts. The man looks 60 or even 65. A pastor lying. To bad for Buhari anyways. gabbage

Very possible sir. I am above 60, son of a farmer and got my WAEC @ 16.

Oshibajo, from a more privileged background could have done it at 14.

I am not saying his date of birth is correct though.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Olaolufred(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2014
fuke:

[size=18pt]Very possible sir. I am above 60, son of a farmer and got my WAEC @ 16.

Oshibajo, from a more privileged background could have done it at 14.[/size]

I am not saying his date of birth is correct though.
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 18, 2014
Even till late 80s if ur hand cant cross ur head & touch ur ear at other side u won't be admited. i waited at home for about 2 years because my hand couldnt touch my head. i hav an uncle in the same age bracket with this banjo he said he went through that same process so what makes banjo's case diffrent

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by mistabiola: 8:51am On Dec 18, 2014
cr7lomo:

Pat utomi became a prof at 27

That's not a crime, so far it's on merit.

Btw pat is a brilliant fellow and not like our Zoological PhD holder ruling us like an animal . cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 18, 2014
U cant be a professor if u dont have p.hd how did he he only hav masters. tell me more lies pastor i want here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by omonla555: 8:55am On Dec 18, 2014
Can you measure every family with your family? Every family cannot as poor as your family?
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by emiye(m): 9:00am On Dec 18, 2014
omenka:
Honestly I didn't quite understand what the comparism was about. When has Soyinka become the standard reference point for the scholarly prowess or otherwise of anyone

These jonaTANians are too damn basic honestly. They couldn't stick anything to the man for two days besides how long it took for him to be selected, and now this!!

Their propaganda machinery has been overheating since Buhari's emergence and they got their gaskets blown after Osinbajo was selected as his running mate!

Whatever mud they throw is already expected anyway.

#Buhari/Osinbajo till 2023.

How some people reason eludes me. He is claiming Soyinka is now the benchmark for early education, what a fallacy !!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by theV0ice: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2014
mynairatime:
Even till late 80s if ur hand cant cross ur head & touch ur ear at other side u won't be admited. i waited at home for about 2 years because my hand couldnt touch my head. i hav an uncle in the same age bracket with this banjo he said he went through that same process so what makes banjo's case diffrent

@the bold, You lie very greatly there except you schooled in one very remote village school. I also schooled in the eighties (an army children school) and didn't have that apply to me. Osinbajo was lucky to have affluent parents who sent him to a private school and as far as i hear, that didn't apply there even in the '60's

pls try another lie

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 18, 2014
kasiem:
this man went to school those times when ur hands must touch ur second ear before u enter primary school and he was alleged to have finished his supposed secondary level at that tender age? mehn, when will apc use their conscience in telling lies?

Certain qualities or precocity might have over-ruled the hand to ear..maybe he was just gifted.i think he shone very bright as a kid.there are lots of kids like that, he might have learnt how to write letters and telegrams when older kids were still learning how to recite and write English alphabets with chalks on charcoal polished wooden slates. Kids like that normally 'jump' classes to higher ones.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by deucelaw: 9:11am On Dec 18, 2014
I am very interested in the school you attended, please which school is that?..Late 80's??

mynairatime:

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2014
poppincash:
Just checked out Prof Osinbajo's profile. It said his LLB degree from the University of Lagos was awarded in 1978. He is 55 years now (born 1959) which means he graduated at the age of 19. How possible could this have been at the time? Meaning he must have finished his O'level at 14, A Higher School Certificate at 16, and then graduate with a Law degree at 19! impossicant-

Got this at the Redeemers University website
http://run.edu.ng/welcome/index.php?active=aboutus&pgcat=profile&cat=22

About Prof. Yemi Osinbajo

The Chairman of the University Board of Trustees (BOT), Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is the senior partner at SimmonsCooper Partners. He is a Professor of Law and a former Attorney-General of Lagos State and Commissioner for Justice. He is also a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN).

Background
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo was educated at the[b] University of Lagos, Nigeria (LLB, 1978) and the London School of Economics (LLM, 1980)[/b]. He was admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1979. He has authored several books on civil procedure in Nigerian superior courts, rules of evidence and justice reform. Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has more than 31 years of litigation experience including significant trial and appellate work. Prof. Yemi Osinbajo supervises the commercial litigation group at SimmonsCooper Partners (SCP), a leading commercial litigation and corporate commercial firm in Nigeria.

ITS VERY POSSIBLE BRO

I KNOW AS AT THAT TIME YOU HAVE NOT BEING CONCEIVED , SO ITS NOT YOUR FAULT

JUST ASK YOUR DAD AND HE WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW IT WAS DONE THEN

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 18, 2014
theV0ice:

@the bold, You lie very greatly there except you schooled in one very remote village school. I also schooled in the eighties (an army children school) and didn't have that apply to me. Osinbajo was lucky to have affluent parents who sent him to a private school and as far as i hear, that didn't apply there even in the '60's

pls try another lie

You beat me to it. That hand to ear wouldn't apply in a school like Corona school..

I met an old guy from Guildford who told me his wife was at corona when it started, not sure if she started it or the first headmistress of the school..a nice gentleman he was,about 82 years as at 2008..had some form of mouth cancer..bless him...his name was John Band.He lived in Nigeria during the 50s and 60s
Anyone here who knows about corona sch??
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by delishpot: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2014
Abegi, make una nor vex, wetin be the importance of VP? Last time I checked, VP nor get mouth for running economy things o.
Let them put that man as presido and Buhari for VP biko
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by emoghenemartin(m): 9:25am On Dec 18, 2014
So who do we vote for then?
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by crecruit: 9:41am On Dec 18, 2014
kasiem:
this man went to school those times when ur hands must touch ur second ear before u enter primary school and he was alleged to have finished his supposed secondary level at that tender age? mehn, when will apc use their conscience in telling lies?

My best friend's dad was too frail to work on the farm and too tiny for his hands to touch the other ear so he was sent to do houseboy for the white man. The oyinbo discovered the boy had read most of the books in his library at some point so he made the boy take some tests which he passed in flying colours (the man was a genius). Long story short, the boy skipped most of the elementary classes, went on to be a teacher to students that he was 2 to 4 years older than, moved on to university and greater things.

Moral of my story - there are exceptions to the rule.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Ifebazz(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2014
seanet02:
Very possible
Of course it is very possible to all pro APC /Buhari people. Only in Jonathan's camp will it not be possible.
You guys be realistic for once and stop being guided by your hate for the man without shoes.
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Ololade1999: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2014
It is very possible, my late dad went for service before clocking twenty one

It is very common among the exceptionally brilliant students

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:10am On Dec 18, 2014
Kzinne:
If you went to school at that time then you kinow this doesnt make any sense. How possible, in 1978? Face the facts. The man looks 60 or even 65. A pastor lying. To bad for Buhari anyways. gabbage

apc and lies cant be separated.they are co join twins
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 18, 2014
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by crecruit: 10:13am On Dec 18, 2014
poppincash:

The Chairman of the University Board of Trustees (BOT), Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is the senior partner at SimmonsCooper Partners. He is a Professor of Law and a former Attorney-General of Lagos State and Commissioner for Justice. He is also a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN).

Background
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo was educated at the[b] University of Lagos, Nigeria (LLB, 1978) and the London School of Economics (LLM, 1980)[/b]. He was admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1979. He has authored several books on civil procedure in Nigerian superior courts, rules of evidence and justice reform. Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has more than 31 years of litigation experience including significant trial and appellate work. Prof. Yemi Osinbajo supervises the commercial litigation group at SimmonsCooper Partners (SCP), a leading commercial litigation and corporate commercial firm in Nigeria.

Revolution:
Yemi Osinbajo was born in 1957, which makes him 57. Check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemi_osinbajo

@op, I believe the first thing you should do is verify your source of information. Nigerians are notorious for not paying attention to detail. Some underling delegated to post information online might mistake 7 for 9 and vice versa which would explain the conflicting information from the 2 sources above. Trust Nigerians not to proofread what's been posted online too. I bet this won't be the first time you'll find erroneous information on a website. I'm not claiming your source is wrong but in the light of this, I believe you need verification before you start to make any accusations.

It's quite possible he graduated at 19, examples of such at that time have been stated on this thread. If he was born in 1957 however, that means he graduated at 21 which is even more feasible. My advice, check your "facts".
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Alphaoscar: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2014
IDOHOU:
@ op please read and peruse Yemi attended Corona School for his primary school education. Between 1969- 1975, he attended Igbobi College Yaba where he won the following prizes- the winner of the State Merit Award 1971; the School Prize for English Oratory, 1972; Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972-1975; Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) – 1973, School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975; African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974.

Between 1975-1978, he proceeded to the University of Lagos where we was awarded an LLB. In obtaining a Second Class Upper Degree, he received the Graham-Douglas Prize for Commercial Law.
A professor of law at age 37 (1994)

A genius as a vice president

SAI buhari 2015 is sure

If he entered Igbobi college in 1975 and finished in 1978, is it not certain that he skipped one or two classes as a result of double promotion?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by miqos02(m): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2014
i think its possible
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by theV0ice: 10:19am On Dec 18, 2014
Alphaoscar:

If he entered Igbobi college in 1975 and finished in 1978, is it not certain that he skipped one or two classes as a result of double promotion?

olodos don't know what double promotion is.

forgive them. it's not their fault
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by asudan: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2014
Kzinne:
You just post anything anyhow without reasoning. do you think it's everyone that experience what our parents had during Jamb wahala? some persons were lucky and intelligent. instead of you to analyze it, you typing thrash. i
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Alphaoscar: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2014
theV0ice:

olodos don't know what double promotion is.

forgive them. it's not their fault

I won't really be surprised if they termed double promotion as another act of cheating . they are irreparable f00ls.
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by crecruit: 10:46am On Dec 18, 2014
Guk:

That man Prof Osinbajo was my Law of Evidence Lecturer. If Nigeria wants to be reckoned in the committee of Nations, Prof should even be President. He is 100% capable. He is not only brilliant, his application of his brilliance to governance and life generally is par excellence. I will not only vote for him. I will campaign for him.

The Legal community vouchs for him

The Academic community vouchs for him

The Christain Faith vouchs for him

The Civil Service community vouchs for him

The Civil Society and Human Rights community vouchs for him

The United Nations community vouchs for him

He is a man of unrivalled Integrity!!!!!

That's what I'm talking about

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by gringress11(f): 11:18am On Dec 18, 2014
poppincash:

Background
stop spewing lies my brother. He was born in 1957. check his wiki account or better still ask him. is this football or job application that one would need to reduce age. undecided
Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by calaway: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2014
OSINBAJO MIGHT BE A GOOD MAN BUT HIS IS TRYING TO ROLL WITH THE WRONG GROUP. BUHARI IS A CERTIFIED ILL WIND.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Baraac(f): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2014
BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!!

The truth of the matter is that Pastor Adeboye is yet to make any official statement of APC presidential running mate.
There are so many fake account all over now.
BE AWARE and BE WARNED.
RCCG is not a political party.
And that does not mean that RCCG members hate the selected VP.
LET US KEEP ON PRAYING FOR THE WILL OF GOD IN 2015.
Do not let the Christians be divided.
Internet is full of trash these days.
Take note.

BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 18, 2014
I dont owe ur dad account of my life. let those stuggling for public office account for previous shortcoming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa / Presidency, Defence Headquarters Under Pressure To Hire Military Contractors / Press Release: Senate Is Solidly Behind Senate President, Bukola Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.