Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump (28699 Views)

Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta / Photo: If Your Visitor Throws Your Child Up Like This, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by DailyTimes: 2:17am On Dec 18, 2014
A seven-month-old baby has been found abandoned in a heap of rubbish near Lanre bus stop in the Igando area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the baby whose head was said to be unusually big was dumped in the refuse owing to an unknown ailment.

It was learnt that a resident, who passed by the area, raised the alarm when he heard the cry of the baby.

Our correspondent gathered that the discovery was reported to the police, at the Igando Police Station, who came to evacuate the baby.

A resident, who identified himself as Segun Adesoye, told PUNCH Metro that he saw the child while he was being removed from the rubbish.

Another eyewitness and food seller, who identified herself simply as Iya Oyo, said, "Nobody could move close to the baby."

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, said the baby had been handed over to an orphanage.

He said, "The baby was taken to Heart of Gold Orphanage in Surulere. It Is sad. A very responsible and caring parent would not have acted that way. We implore his mother to show up at any nearest police station or go to the orphanage."

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/mother-throws-baby-in-refuse-dump/

http://www./apps/forums/topics/show/13094837-mother-throws-baby-with-unusual-big-head-into-refuse-dump
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Unionised(m): 2:21am On Dec 18, 2014
How can a mother do that!!!

Dustbin
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by waleadex(m): 2:22am On Dec 18, 2014
That's pure wickedness...

1 Like

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 18, 2014
The mother doesn't want the baby and threw it away and they want her to come forward?
Is it so she could be handed over the baby or sent to jaiL?
If she wanted to be identified will she throw the baby away?
The baby is now in the custody of the welfare folks,let them handle it the way they handle abandoned babies

13 Likes

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by baby124: 3:57am On Dec 18, 2014
Eyah, poor baby probably had hydrocephalus. It still baffles me how women can throw away someone they carried for 9months and gave birth to in pain. After all that experience, you throw the baby away like used toilet roll. People have wicked mind o. This world scares me daily

1 Like

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by lafflaff123(m): 3:58am On Dec 18, 2014
babyosisi:
The mother doesn't want the baby and threw it away and they want her to come forward?
The baby is now in the custody of the welfare folks,let them handle it the way they handle abandoned babies

So COLD. Abi u don do something like this before? you sound like an expert.

4 Likes

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 5:13am On Dec 18, 2014
PUNCH Metro learnt that the baby whose head was said to be unusually big was dumped in the refuse owing to an unknown ailment.

What ignorance will do In this Nigeria is yet to manifest. Ordinary hydrocephalus is now an unknown ailment.
Maybe she was told the child is a witch sent from the devil to torment Her hence she sneaked out to dump him there.

May God find it in his heart to forgive you woman.

3 Likes

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by cococandy(f): 5:16am On Dec 18, 2014
I agree it can be overwhelming.
But she shouldn't have thrown the baby away sha.

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 18, 2014
What sort of illiterate reporters do we have now? Cant they google it and give it a name? Why call hydrocephelus "unusual big head" same way whales, squids and octopus are named "strange fishes" by our reporters.

Anyway, she should be traceable from the hospital, births involving hydrocephelus are usuall aided.

She could have sort relieve at the social welfare office of a state or federal hospital.

I once had a case of a baby with hydrocephelus, took care of him for almost a year, his parents abandoned him at national hospital, sadly he died, was never strong enough for surgery as he was born premature so the odds were against him. He was such a beautiful baby, the highlight of my week was going to play with baby James then. One day Doctor calls and tells me Baby James has gone to rest, I was sad but relieved because sometimes James would just cry out of frustration have serious fevers and everything brought him infections.

Social welfare is overwhelmed especially as they are under women affairs, so many projects in women affairs especially endless meetings and trainings and money burning non relevant issues, its the scrap that goes to social welfare. Orphanges rely on good will of strangers, the bags of rice people bring during christmas some are sold to help keep them running. Bigger orphanges have their own schools to save the cost of fees, but most dont have secondary schools. Thankfully Nigerians are begining to have the culture of visiting orphanges.

Staff of social welfare are some of the most dedicated people you will mEet.
When I first started I saw senior staff with baby car seats in their personal cars, I never understood till I asked one who said they have no official vehicles and so if you have a car you have to automatically transform it to a mobile baby center take care of any abandoned baby before the baby gets settled in an orphanage.

One day, I got a call at 10pm. 3 women had tried to buy a baby from one lady, the pregnant lady had collected at least a million from each of them and when she gave birth it was commotion at the hospital so the Doctor who was a volunteer called. Thats how that night I had to take custody of a week old baby, no diapers no food nothing. Thank God for Hmedix, it was friday, office opens monday my senior colleagues had gone for a wedding, thankfully my neighbours with kids gathered some baby clothes, feeding bottles and they were glad to help with baby. The baby was so handsome and peaceful by monday I was wailing when I had to release him. He is 3 now and got adopted by a wonderful family. When I see him I am tempted to scream "give me back my child" lol.

Hospital social welfare staff regularly have to task themselves and do fund raising mostly rely on good samaritans.
For some of us who have change to spare this season or who have birthdays we can go to the social welfare department of any government hospital if you are in Abuja I recommend national hospital. Ask them if they have any cases of indigent patients, go visit with the patient and use small money ( you will be shocked how small the money is sometimes that people cant afford) and help with their bills.
Its only through our help that the poorest of the poor have a chance to survive most times.

A lot of us give our money without seeing the direct impact of what our little money can do. I assure you do this once and your perspective on charity will change. I once dragged a " big man" in Nigeria to do this, elderly. An wept like a baby, his aides were confused.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by knightsTempler: 5:52am On Dec 18, 2014
babyosisi:

I was wondering too, if the mother wanted the baby she wouldn't have thrown her away. How then are they asking her to come forward to claim the baby at the nearest police citation or orphanage home? *shrugs in disbelieve*
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 18, 2014
Why u pple complaining, hydrocephelus and unusually big head, wetin be the difference?
Unusually big is actually the condition of the head, if they had called it hygrocephelus, laymen won't know what they are talking about...

But that head fit less so?

Catching the goat of a woman shouldn't be too difficult, afterall the head of the baby is unusually big... her neighbour go report her undecided

1 Like

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by tiswell(m): 10:29am On Dec 18, 2014
Das wicked
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by vikoko24: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2014
haba..wicked world angry
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by tyconcepts(f): 10:29am On Dec 18, 2014
They said nothing compares to a mother's love for her child but these days, the wickedness humans exhibit scares even the devil.
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2014
DailyTimes:

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/mother-throws-baby-in-refuse-dump/

http://www./apps/forums/topics/show/13094837-mother-throws-baby-with-unusual-big-head-into-refuse-dump

She might weep her eyes out before she gets another one.

I know it's difficult to deal with abnormalities in a child. I can imagine what parents of handicapped children or imbeciles go through. It's extra work. Even the child can never feel normal.

If she really didnt want the child, she should have given the child up or something not throw him away or try to kill him
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by valmunich(m): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2014
chai! this is so unfair. Some mothers don't deserve that nomenclature actually angry

1 Like

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Tenim47(m): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2014
I tank my mum
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by miqos02(m): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2014
ok
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by bright007(f): 10:30am On Dec 18, 2014
Some women can be wicked ehnnnnnn
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Innodon(m): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2014
What a wicked world. ....Who knows if the child will become the president of Nigeria tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Francon(f): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2014
Headward... pitiful though.
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Ddonoflife(m): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2014
Buh d head big sef na.bet y would she throw away Gods gift.evry1 wit a reason.GOD HELP US
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 18, 2014
Very sad.

Hydrocephalus is not something that can be treated by a simple operation, unfortunately.....it requires the insertion of something called a shunt...which has to be changed frequently, and which has to be always watched in case it gets blocked.

And all these involve operations which cost money.

That is why Nigeria needs to be an industrial society so that we can manufacture health care materials.....and have the GDP needed to fund desperate welfare cases. Our oil sodden economy is not up to the task.
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by theorbiters: 10:32am On Dec 18, 2014
Totally inhumane
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by kennosklint(m): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2014
Nice one
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by bennygreat1(m): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2014
Na wa Ooooo....
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 18, 2014
d husband did it wrongly. u know what I meant don't ask me how
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by jvera(f): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2014
hmm dis issue of mums nd kids its gettin out of hand nd d gal is pretty
Re: Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump by condralbede(m): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2014
Where is the mother love

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! This Boy Is Missing / To My Future Husband / Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.