Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) (44752 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo / Prof. Banji Akintoye Jailed By BUHARI Writes A 2nd Open Letter. [@naijapolitica] / Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (**ABSOLUTE MUST READ**) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by eagleeye2: 12:24am On Dec 19, 2014
chrisbaba1:
[size=16pt]Its either the begining of a new Nigeria or the end of Nigeria as a nation. If buhari wins, it is the begining of a new Nigeria, if Jonathan wins it is the end (the nation cannot survive peacefully another of his inept 4 year leadership) Either ways it is all good (to be positive)...... My yoruba people will go our seperate ways, igbos go their seperate ways, determining our own destiny...... I guess all thing will work together for our good at the end.[/size]
This was the same kind of statement that brought Boko Haram to fully unleash terror on the innocent.
keep going on.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by eagleeye2: 12:27am On Dec 19, 2014
VellyG:
If Buhari becomes president of Nigeria come 2015 Boko Haram will stop unleashing terror but then again the militants will take up arms and go back to the creeks making it difficult for him to rule.
Making it difficult for him to rule with the oil in their land.
Maybe he has plans of ruling with groundnut pyramid.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 19, 2014
Immaculate observation by a man whose wisdom reflects his age. However, Nigeria's dilemma is that so many can easily dissect the problems, only a few are willing to salvage the messy situation.
Many years of unrestrained looting and stupendous financial depravity by politicians in connivance with fraudulent civil servants have numbed even more the slightest feeling of humanity or social compassion for the ever increasing suffering impoverished populace.
What Nigeria needs is social, political and economic overhaul. But I think the social overhaul aspect is what this country should first pursue with all its might.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Lstar4real(m): 12:33am On Dec 19, 2014
Let's Just stop all this people from calling Buhari Military Man... The last time I saw him. ..he wore agbada which shown he's civilian... Whatever this prof said he's right and also Tried to distinguished himself from being corrupt.. Which was a big lie.. Buhari Jailed those who involved in corruption in his Term.....all I need is Change.... We Youth are Tired to be rule like slave......Let's say no more to slavery mentality.... We need change.... #SaiBuhari

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Tokunbohkinibig: 12:35am On Dec 19, 2014
[quote author=safarigirl post=29008046]brother go siddon for one corner...Yoruba holds wetin where? Una sabi road to pull out?

We're here talking about one Nigeria and you have the gall to make the entire election about one out of over 250 ethnic groups, shey the ewedu wey you chop this evening no done?

Please take this your tribalistic talk somewhere else, as if only Yoruba people will vote in 2015. Make una no dey spoil Buhari's chances with dumb tribalistic statements[/quot

Who wrote this rubbish? you must be really dumb and stupid to have written that rubbishup there in response to what that guy was trying to say
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by eleko1: 12:41am On Dec 19, 2014
cheesy wink winksadI can see NIG under GMB/OSIBANJO a PROSPEROUS country .Vote out sorrow,pigs,gluttony,thief,daftness,saTANist out of Aso rock sad sadangry sad vote out IRRESPONSIBLE, stealing is not corruption ??n angry Bye bye to jatijati

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 19, 2014
eagleeye2:

Can't you see "old things are passed away", our dear GMD has been whitewashed and Nigerians being the sentimental beings they are, cannot see any blemish.
Abi nw
Yet they GEJ clueless I think they are so clue-full
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by SergeAlain: 12:42am On Dec 19, 2014
This Prof's Letter and the related conclusions just prove what i have always said. The anti GEJ campaign is largely about the North wanting power back by all means (If you think it is about change, APC should field Fashola as Presidential candidate with Oby Ezekwesili as VP and see if the entire North will not leave APC en mass). The anti corruption song and change theme are simply convenient masks for their main game plan.

The Yorubas being the smart people they are have taken advantage of the situation as usual, and have positioned to benefit most from the zone they believe will win i.e. the North. In deed they have gone one better and hold most of the aces, with a weak Northern presidential candidate who can be manipulated (as shown in Buhari's first term and his time as PTF head). This means that while Buhari leads, the Yoruba's (through Tinubu) will actually be calling the shots, after the 8 years of Buhari/ Tinubu rule, the VP (Osibanjo) will then run for president and give the Yorubas another 8 year stretch.

Only question left is what will the North do about it, are they as stupid as we think to let a weak president fritter away the North's 8 year stint? Especially given that they might not see power after that for another 16 years (i.e like 2040). In deed the silence from the North right now (since the VP was picked and during the whole horse trading before it) is deafening, i guess we shall see very soon what hand they will play.

They might actually decide it pays them to just wait 4 years and get an untainted and uncompromised 8 year tenure through a strong Northern president they can trust.

Who knows!!!

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by tonychristopher: 12:48am On Dec 19, 2014
musicwriter:
His claim that the Yoruba nation was a pace setter for blacks may be true. Someone made this claim sometime ago and I decided to research it and found out it's true. For example; the Yorubas didn't just keep an oral history like other African nations but were able to record their's right from the creator Olorun to the kings and kingdoms.

That's is a total lie when Yoruba were naked and dangling Igbo and efik were writing and recording in nsibidi centuries ago

You people should stop these lies and make simple research ..OK what did alphabet did Yoruba record their history in

I am waiting for answers
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by born2fuckpussy: 12:55am On Dec 19, 2014
porka:

What type of bell is the PDP ringing?
the one on your head with no alarm, even phone sometimes auto predict words, I don't need to be sorry" I actually know I want to type rigging " and won't go edict to correct anything. If you like hugs transformer, Odi orun ire ni yen

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by musicwriter(m): 12:57am On Dec 19, 2014
tonychristopher:

That's is a total lie when Yoruba were naked and dangling Igbo and efik were writing and recording in nsibidi centuries ago

You people should stop these lies and make simple research ..OK what did alphabet did Yoruba record their history in

I am waiting for answers

Please provide me sources of Igbos and Efiks writing and recording in Nsibidi before Yorubas. As a researcher, I would like to read it up. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by eagleeye2: 1:03am On Dec 19, 2014
I will be very happy if GMD or the prof can help explain away the 53 suitcases scandal of 1984. Even El-Rufai wouldn't dare go there because his statement in 2010 (during the build up of 2011 election) will be pulled up.
If there is a APC member who wants to try, I will be grateful. I think that is one scandal which keeps being a recurring decimal.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by SergeAlain: 1:04am On Dec 19, 2014
There is this assumption that Buhari can wave corruption away with a magic wand? The following questions would be nice to consider?
- Given the amount of money APC has spent for this election, is it realistic to think they will not recoup their investment? How will they do it?
- People like Amaechi and tinubu who have put in billions, how would they get their money back? Or do we think they are just being patriotic?
- With the heavy platform which is bringing GMB to power, how much control would the party give him to pick his ministers? If he does not pick the ministers, can he fire them if they dont perform?
- How would Buhari convict corrupt parties? Via the courts or through a tribunal?
- If you used the courts wouldn't you need to clean and reform them first (given that the courts are riddled with corrupt judges)? How long would that take?
- How would Buhari manage the National Assembly?
- How would he cope with the PDP states? They would not necessarily be cooperative?
- How would he manage the continued importation of petroleum products? Considering that refineries cannot be repaired overnight? Will he remove oil subsidies?
- Do the APC have any economic reform programs, if they do why havent they shared it with us?

These questions are not to say Buhari is not a good candidate, I just write this to make most Nairalanders (many of whom are wearing rose tinted glasses and expecting immediate turn around after APC wins) understand that the phase from 2015 will be a battle. There will still be many bitter pills to swallow before the economy turns around.

So anyone telling you anything different is not telling you the truth!!!

4 Likes

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by tonychristopher: 1:10am On Dec 19, 2014
musicwriter:

Please provide me sources of Igbos and Efiks writing and recording in Nsibidi before Yorubas. As a researcher, I would like to read it up. Thank you.
Pls type nsibidi in Google search or Nairaland search pls

Don't be intellectually lazy bro
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by tonychristopher: 1:11am On Dec 19, 2014
musicwriter:

Have you done that
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 19, 2014
eleojo23:

Until we realize that nation building is not the work of the president alone, we will keep waiting for the 'messiah' and I tell you, it's going to be a very long wait.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 19, 2014
safarigirl:

Make una no dey spoil Buhari's chances with dumb tribalistic statements
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 19, 2014
CORRUPTION IS NOT OUR PROBLEM BUT THE SYSTEM WE OPERATE

RESTRUCTURE NIGERIA NOW

Resource control/Fiscal federalism

Privatization

True federalism eg state police

Are the shortest route to National development

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by lockupman(m): 2:21am On Dec 19, 2014
Tribal hatred and selfishness makes Nigerians primitive and foolish.

SavageGarden:
If una like write all the letter on earth I won't vote him he's a bloody Muslim and Northerner...

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by balladin: 2:29am On Dec 19, 2014
You people are trusting this GMB too much. Corruption has funded his campaign thus far. I wonder how he and his friends are any better. Those are your thoughts prof, the Tinubus think differently.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by AreaFada2: 2:49am On Dec 19, 2014
This prof knows that GMB can't do nothing. He's just being polite.

Yes he was disciplined and selectively fought corruption (remember Jokolo & 53 luggage?) in uniform but he's tired now and even more bereft of ideas for a country that needs aggressive modernisation, growth and jobs.

If we cannot have a truly progressive and reform-minded person in the mold of Fashola, Donald duke, Oshomhole, Oby Ezekwelisi, etc to lead the govt football squad, we will always have erractic performance like Super Eagles, that performs like overfed kpekpeye grin

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by JayJustus(m): 4:23am On Dec 19, 2014
9jafreak:
My opinion:
1. This is the MOST PERFECT & MOST SUCCINCT summation of Nigeria's history, woes, and potentials ever!
2. Once again the Yoruba Nation will decide who 'lords over' over-centralized One Nigeria. But we are no fools. We mostly supported President Jonathan in 2011 and will mostly support Gen. Buhari in 2015 but the core question of our unfettered capacity to properly govern our nation within the Nigerian experiment remains at the height of our deepest desires.
3. And by God we will pull out of Nigeria if the General refuses to heed the words of wisdom.
4. To be honest, we have nothing really to lose in 2015. Jonathan in fact may lead Nigeria faster to the seemingly inevitable disintegration than GMB. We wait even as we plan...

you my nigga deserves a can of beer!!! *ovation*
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by babaluckey: 4:24am On Dec 19, 2014
Caseless:
Thank u , prof!
Nigeria will change for the better if we as a people are ready for the change. History provide us another wonderful opportunity in the name of election next year- it is either we make it, or we mar it by sticking to the status quo.
sai Buhari!

Na today...they're going nowhere. Holy ghost fireeeeeeeeee...GEJ is covered with the blood of JESUS

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by mickeyenglish(m): 4:35am On Dec 19, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

What the elderly said its what we the people of SS / SE have being talking about on Naira land but you guys failed to understand

CORRUPTION IS NOT THE PROBLEM BUT THE SYSTEM

Resource control / Fiscal federalism

Privatization

True federalism eg state police

Are the shortest route to national development.

Thank God in one of the thread

BUHARI PLAN FOR NIGERIA

I explained it in detail

Buhari won't achieve it because he comes from the part of Nigeria that opposes all these things

Finally

I believe this elderly read my comment which inspired him to write to saharareporters
u r just to daft to be categorized as part of the Human specie!
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by babaluckey: 4:37am On Dec 19, 2014
reknownedmarsk:
lets all be happy...freedom at last...BUHARI/OSIBANJO all d way.
jona nd his wife shud get their bicycle ready...otuoke to abuja no
b small journey o...
BUHARI/OSIBANJO

Hey...it's the other way round...Buhari has used his house as collateral it's gonna be seized come 2015 mark it somewhere
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by ibedun: 4:37am On Dec 19, 2014
tonychristopher:

I am waiting for answers

Dangling unclad?

Yoruba land is littered with ancient cities and culture, tradition and governance going back centuries. Point to one ancient Igbo city or Kingdom?

Village dwellers making niose.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by knowledgeable: 4:39am On Dec 19, 2014
musicwriter:
His claim that the Yoruba nation was a pace setter for blacks may be true. Someone made this claim sometime ago and I decided to research it and found out it's true. For example; the Yorubas didn't just keep an oral history like other African nations but were able to record their's right from the creator Olorun to the kings and kingdoms.

Is the biggest lie ever. Where is your innoson, Chimamada Ngozi , your Chinua Achebe with over 50 languages translated out of his book. Did the yorubas created Nollywood. Pace setter for black race by mouth?.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Caesar1988(m): 4:39am On Dec 19, 2014
akandea:
Yes GEJ misused his opportunity as President of Nigeria, so let see if GMB can convince of a doing a good job of leading Nigeria out of this cataclysmal mess Nigeria is in. Four years is enough time to do that, it obvious GEJ. Is clueless on how to lead this country aright or he isn't willing to do so.
Dream on bush man cos after may 2015,u will get a rope and do d needful cos u wont b able to bear d pain....stop playing politics online cos Nigerian politics is better not played online...My own tribe knew buhari to b a socerer...and nothing will change that...OBRIGADO
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by lokoloko84(m): 4:39am On Dec 19, 2014
I have said it before that the current structure is holding the Yoruba's backward. Anybody with a discernible mind should know that Nigeria is not working and will never work.Only few elites are really feed fat from the resources in this country.
For example, limestone is enormous in ewekoro in Ogun state which can last for 500years.Yet Nigerians pay the highest price for a bag of cement worldwide.We can also allude this to crude oil found in Niger Delta.
Let each region be independent in whatever form to control their resources and let us see why this nonsense will not stop.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Sobrit(m): 4:55am On Dec 19, 2014
Almost too late to cry after over 30yrs and you are headed to your grave to realise what the igbos meant, stood and fought for. I am disapointed in you that you are only realising this now prof. What did u do when you were in d senate in the 80s after your kinsman spearheaded the battering of the igbos who foreknew the forced marriage called amalgamation was not and would never work and sought to pull out but were rather coerced to remain in it. Nigeria owe d igbos unreserved apologies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku/obi Shut Enugu/ebonyi Down / Soyinka Challenges Labour Party's Datti To Live Debate On TV / Fayose Openly Declines Omojuwa’s Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.