Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) (44716 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo / Prof. Banji Akintoye Jailed By BUHARI Writes A 2nd Open Letter. [@naijapolitica] / Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (**ABSOLUTE MUST READ**) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by safarigirl(f): 8:02am On Dec 19, 2014
PenSniper:

What gutter language and thought !!!
all these people that use English simply because they heard it recently and think it souinds cool....

Oya oga, what is gutter language? It's a language filled with profanity (eg phuck, shiit...) Please, where are the profanities in my statement?

If not that I'm feeling nice enough to correct you before you go and embarrass yourself in public by using inappropriate terms, I would have left you to your ignorance. Now tell me thank you and go get yourself a dictionary so you don't repeat this error
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Reference(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2014
knowledgeable:

Do you know, that most 10 yrs old in Igbo land know that restructuring Nigeria will restructure out those vices like corruption, underdevelopment, bad governance at the center, and ultimately poverty. Why are Nigerians not bold enough to undertake that clear and straight forward approach?, cos some groups are afraid, and therefore are willing to destroy or even bring their group to extinction as long as the other group is destroyed too. This was what Obasonjo daughter was trying to point out to her dad on that letter about the unsustainability of the present system.

Now you guys are coming round to understand and appreciate the limitations of our existing structure. That's why people like us will have nothing to do with this present system and just gaze with amazement at the gullibility of the so called middle class or educated class who pursue an utopian dream the elites and real owners of Nigeria know is just to keep them relevant and in power to one end and one end alone, the suppression of ideals and the primitive acquisition of wealth. Sorry.

That is why I appreciate this present regime as the best so far. It does not seek to subsidise or hide the inadequacies of the Nigerian state but has exposed the country, its peoples, its institutions and its systems for what they really are, weak and unworkable. This is a first and most important step in addressing the root problems. Unfortunately most Nigerians ae unable to get to the flash-point, the eureka moment when they realise this is not a real country. They still grope about hoping to find water in the desert or a shepherd to lead them to an oasis. For all the wise, educated and exposed people of Nigeria you just wonder, how did it all come to this.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by lilyfox: 8:12am On Dec 19, 2014
Til I saw the draft for $7445 , I did not believe that my friends brother could truley erning money part time from there pretty old laptop. . there neighbour has been doing this for less than ten months and by now cleared the depts on there condo and got a gorgeous GMC . website link =====>>W­­W­­W.J­­O­­B­­S­­F­­I­­S­­H.C­­O­­M
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by tonychristopher: 8:32am On Dec 19, 2014
ibedun:

Dangling unclad?

Yoruba land is littered with ancient cities and culture, tradition and governance going back centuries. Point to one ancient Igbo city or Kingdom?

Village dwellers making niose.

I agree we are not measuring dick here

Tell me the form of writing the Yoruba has been using before the white man landed on their shores

I have given you Igbo and evil gas been using nsibidi and we even have our bank g

I am waiting for your answers
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by mikolo80: 8:32am On Dec 19, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Someone has gotten my point

Pls see below my comment some weeks ago

It shows that some top political Nigerians are reading our comments

Politics / Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by WhiteTechnology: 1:53pm On Dec 12
1wolex85:

This is really vague, can you throw more light?

Thank you for asking

In short you are wise.

Lets start

Why do Nigerians blame corruption.? Because they believe it has deprive them access to good things of life.

But one question people failed to ask themselves is , WHY DIDNT THIS SAME CORRUPTION INFLICT THIS SAME DISASTER BEFORE THE FIRST COUP.

Was it that our founding fathers were holy.? To me the answer is no.

After the promulgation and retention of the unitary system, Nigeria lost complete focus.

Before the first coup, every region had to survive on their own. This made it necessary for the regional elites to develop their regions' economically, politically, socially etc if they are to gain anything meaningful from their regions.

In the process of doing this, it affected their people positively because the developed resources eg land, mineral resources, agriculture, industries , urbanization etc are connected to /or gotten from their people.

Let me use a simple scenario to explain

Awo wants to be a great leader. He realises that he needs wealth to acquire more power. The region he governs is not wealthy to provide him such power but he realises that he can execute policies that can enrich his region giving him access to more wealth and indirectly more power.

MY FRIEND IF YOU ARE AWO WHAT WILL YOU DO.?

Now don't forget what I said earlier that the resources needed by Awo to make Western region wealthy in order to use this wealth to acquire more power is in the possession of his people.

What are these resources .? Land, people, mineral resources, agriculture, industries etc.

But today, leaders are not forced by circumstances to develop their regions into wealthy regions if they seek more power through wealth for themselves or their people because of availability of free Abuja money.

What has this caused.? Underdevelopment .
[color=#990000][/color]

So my brother restructuring Nigeria is more important than fighting corrupt people.

Buhari will die someday but corrupt people will never cease to exist . But a restructured Nigeria can limit their impact.

Thank you.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 4 Likes 3 Shares (Un-Share)

who will restructure the nigeria na,you?
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 19, 2014
9jafreak:
My opinion:
1. This is the MOST PERFECT & MOST SUCCINCT summation of Nigeria's history, woes, and potentials ever!
2. Once again the Yoruba Nation will decide who 'lords over' over-centralized One Nigeria. But we are no fools. We mostly supported President Jonathan in 2011 and will mostly support Gen. Buhari in 2015 but the core question of our unfettered capacity to properly govern our nation within the Nigerian experiment remains at the height of our deepest desires.
3. And by God we will pull out of Nigeria if the General refuses to heed the words of wisdom.
4. To be honest, we have nothing really to lose in 2015. Jonathan in fact may lead Nigeria faster to the seemingly inevitable disintegration than GMB. We wait even as we plan...

Such a shame, the same ethnic group that sabotaged the Igbos, when we were reasonable enough to see what the future holds for a one Nigeria. And now you are self-possessed enough - with a tone of indignation - to type the above!

Just remember that as there are indisputable laws of science, there are also natural laws, one of which is "what goes around, comes around"

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by leoebhos(m): 9:08am On Dec 19, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Someone has gotten my point

Pls see below my comment some weeks ago

It shows that some top political Nigerians are reading our comments

Politics / Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by WhiteTechnology: 1:53pm On Dec 12
1wolex85:

This is really vague, can you throw more light?

Thank you for asking

In short you are wise.

Lets start

Why do Nigerians blame corruption.? Because they believe it has deprive them access to good things of life.

But one question people failed to ask themselves is , WHY DIDNT THIS SAME CORRUPTION INFLICT THIS SAME DISASTER BEFORE THE FIRST COUP.

Was it that our founding fathers were holy.? To me the answer is no.

After the promulgation and retention of the unitary system, Nigeria lost complete focus.

Before the first coup, every region had to survive on their own. This made it necessary for the regional elites to develop their regions' economically, politically, socially etc if they are to gain anything meaningful from their regions.

In the process of doing this, it affected their people positively because the developed resources eg land, mineral resources, agriculture, industries , urbanization etc are connected to /or gotten from their people.

Let me use a simple scenario to explain

Awo wants to be a great leader. He realises that he needs wealth to acquire more power. The region he governs is not wealthy to provide him such power but he realises that he can execute policies that can enrich his region giving him access to more wealth and indirectly more power.

MY FRIEND IF YOU ARE AWO WHAT WILL YOU DO.?

Now don't forget what I said earlier that the resources needed by Awo to make Western region wealthy in order to use this wealth to acquire more power is in the possession of his people.

What are these resources .? Land, people, mineral resources, agriculture, industries etc.

But today, leaders are not forced by circumstances to develop their regions into wealthy regions if they seek more power through wealth for themselves or their people because of availability of free Abuja money.

What has this caused.? Underdevelopment .
[color=#990000][/color]

So my brother restructuring Nigeria is more important than fighting corrupt people.

Buhari will die someday but corrupt people will never cease to exist . But a restructured Nigeria can limit their impact.

Thank you.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 4 Likes 3 Shares (Un-Share)

Frankly speaking I think u are just awesome, well said bro.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Jhulyan(m): 9:34am On Dec 19, 2014
i have a phobia for long text..can someone please summarize this??
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by 500GP: 9:35am On Dec 19, 2014
DesChyko:

That isn't the point.

The point is that the SouthWest didn't decide the election.
In case you didn't do the Maths, 2.8million out of 22million is less than 13% of the entire votes.
Considering that there are 3 major ethnic groups, a deciding faction should have nothing less than 30%-40% of the votes.

OUT OF THAT 22MILLION VOTES, MIDDLE BELT ,SOUTH SOUTH,SOUTH WEST, SOME NORTHERN STATES ,SOUTH EAST VOTES ARE THERE ..

ANALYSE VOTES FROM EACH REGION.......
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Callfubu(m): 10:16am On Dec 19, 2014
Everybody keeps shouting corruption corruption without even having the slightest hint to what the meaning of the word is. The Nigerian govt is not corrupt, no govt or institution anywhere in the world is corrupt. Corruption is inbred in humans. Meaning you that is in your house living your daily life and trying to manage then you settle police on the road because you don't want to waste time or you support the driver of a bus to settle police so they don't waste time, or you buy a CD in alaba market for #50, or you go and buy something for someone and purposely keep the change. All these are corruption and the only reason why you are different from those in govt is because you don't have the opportunity to be there yet. You cry for a corruption free govt or country? Start by looking in the mirror.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by 1forall: 10:21am On Dec 19, 2014
I stopped reading at the second line - "Though you and I are different in ethnicity and religion" .
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 19, 2014
Dear All,

About two years ago, I commented about marginalization, parochial and narrow minded behavior of GEJ government toward the South West people.
Later last year, after the house of reps public hearing on Oduah scandal, I did brief analysis on the collective will of two regions in Nigeria to collectively ruin Nigeria through corruption and mis-governance as a way of getting back the wealth of the nation they claimed has eluded them for years. Yet, they need votes from the remaining four regions to win the presidential election. The Navy cannot prosecute any illegal bunkering activities being perpetrated by people from these regions. Later, the bunker will be released and the activity termed legal. They formed a network
covering judiciary to pro government activists carrying out pro - government rally. Pro - government rally attacking issues based rally with the support of law enforcement agency. Now, all major activists and labour groups are silent having known the direction of the present government.

For the first time in the history of Nigeria, Minister of Petroleum is shielded from any public and parliamentary interrogation. Stella Oduah, having been indicted by the house of reps in public hearing involving the Minister of Finance, Controller General of Customs and relevant agencies was prevented from appearing at the Senate three times. Mrs Bolaji Osomo, the Minister for Housing under Obj was unceremoniously removed from office by Obj for for FG houses sold to PDP members by complaints from some PDP members who lost in the deal, SHE APPEARED TWICE BEFORE THE SENATE COMMITTEE HEADED BY SENATOR IKECHUKWU OBIORA. Senator David Mark was still the senate president at this period. When she was removed, she wept openly for committing no crime.

Prof. (Mrs) Adenike Grange, the Minister of Health under Yar'adua was humiliated out office for giving 20 million naira to the health committee of both the Senate and House of Reps. Despite her immense contribution to the health sector locally and internationally, she was humiliated out of office, she wept openly.

Now, concerning privatization issue under discussion and an area I am well versed, Bola Onagoruwa, another female from South West was unceremoniously removed by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as the DG of BPE for being indicted by Senate Committee over the sales of FG shares at Eleme Petrochemical company. As I said in my earlier protest immediately she was removed, she has no power whatsoever to sell or even advise FG on the issue. I said only Mr. Atedo Peterside (a financial expert) and chairman of the technical committee and the VP Namadi Sambo have such power and the level of connections and contacts require for such deal are far beyond Bola Onagoruwa. They only used the opportunity to remove a South West person and replace with person from another region for smooth corrupt operation. The same National Assembly through House of Reps indicted Aruma Otteh, the DG of SEC, but because she is not from South West GEJ retained her but still removed Harold Demurin over indictment by NA over Diana Plane crash.

Anybody travelling from South East and South South South to Lagos will observe that good roads stop at Ore (Ondo State) the entry point to South West.Whenever I travelled to the East or South South and I get to Ore on my way back to Lagos, I do cry bitterly internally. GEJ awarded the roads and tied the reconstruction to his second term in office and to loans by infrastructure bank ( Lagos - Ibadan) to be collected back through toll gates. Our (south West) roads are to be constructed when the oil price has fallen and little money available for capital projects. The spirit of South west will not allow Doyin Okupe, Reuben Abati, Musiliu Obanikoro, Mimiko and the rest of them to have peace. Even I may include Yinka Odumakin into the list.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by donodion(m): 10:45am On Dec 19, 2014
9jafreak:
My opinion:
1. This is the MOST PERFECT & MOST SUCCINCT summation of Nigeria's history, woes, and potentials ever!
2. Once again the Yoruba Nation will decide who 'lords over' over-centralized One Nigeria. But we are no fools. We mostly supported President Jonathan in 2011 and will mostly support Gen. Buhari in 2015 but the core question of our unfettered capacity to properly govern our nation within the Nigerian experiment remains at the height of our deepest desires.
3. And by God we will pull out of Nigeria if the General refuses to heed the words of wisdom.
4. To be honest, we have nothing really to lose in 2015. Jonathan in fact may lead Nigeria faster to the seemingly inevitable disintegration than GMB. We wait even as we plan...

I was in a bank while reading this,sniffing and wiping tears as it trickles.down my face.
This man spoke my mind and this piece of article need to be shard across all social media platforms.
Thanks OP.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by DesChyko: 11:06am On Dec 19, 2014
500GP:

OUT OF THAT 22MILLION VOTES, MIDDLE BELT ,SOUTH SOUTH,SOUTH WEST, SOME NORTHERN STATES ,SOUTH EAST VOTES ARE THERE ..

ANALYSE VOTES FROM EACH REGION.......

First, you should note that it isn't the number of votes, but the percentage of votes against that of the opposition that wins each state.
For instance, PDP had 1,190,179 votes from Kaduna which is 46% of the votes from Kaduna but lost the state because CPC had more than that. On the other hand, PDP got only 408,997 votes from Nasarawa, which is 59% of the votes from Nassarawa but won the state because that was higher than any other party recorded.

So, you can see that it isn't about the number, but the percentage of voters that voted each party.

Bearing that in mind,
The South-East Zone with 5 states, recorded an average of 98% votes in favour of Jonathan while a mere 2% voted against him.
That means in every 100 people, only 2 people didn't vote for Jonathan from this zone.

In the South-South with 6 states, 96% voted in favour of Jonathan, while only 4% voted against him. That means in every 100 people, only 4 people didn't vote for Jonathan from this zone.

In the South-West zone, only 58% voted in favour of Jonathan. The remaining 48% voted against him. This means in every 100 people from this zone, 58 people wanted him as president while the remaining 42 didn't vote for him.

So, it is quite strange when the South West say they threw their weight behind him fully while the results show otherwise.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by patpaul: 11:09am On Dec 19, 2014
IS IT BECAUSE THE PRICE OF OIL IS FALLING THAT A YORUBA MAN REMEMBERS RESTRUCTURING? NO WAY! ONE NIGERIA WE STAND WITH GEJ ON TOP.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by terrifiesme(m): 11:24am On Dec 19, 2014
eleojo23:
It is amusing that many people think that one man will just come and fix this country with some magic touch. Our problems have accumulated and it's going to take years and a lot of hard work to solve them. These problems have been caused partly by the leaders and to a large extent by the citizens themselves. We want someone who will come and fight corruption when we are not ready to leave our corrupt ways behind and embrace honesty. Everyone claims to have the fear of God but corruption is rife.
Nigeria will only be fixed when the citizens are ready to cooperate with the government. We all must change our values to promote right over wrong.

Until we realize that nation building is not the work of the president alone, we will keep waiting for the 'messiah' and I tell you, it's going to be a very long wait.

He has said it all, looking at the people out there and the leader they hope to rule and support, more than 90% all have a biased selfish mindset over who they want to be their leaders. It starts with the citizens and not just the president, leaders. So forget that saying that says vote for change.. as I individuals, how many of us are willing to change? How many are willing to drop the corrupt mindset and work with all sincerity? How many. And u feel one man ll just come over night and be a messiah? Nah.... let's us all set aside sentiments n do what's right as individuals first be it GEJ or Buhari. it doesn't stop there. It's u n I that needs to make this country better.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by greatgeo(m): 11:33am On Dec 19, 2014
With all we have ready and heard about the man buhari do u think the thieves in PDP, APC and others let buhari be in power? Knowing fully well that Nigeria of the 1980s is not Nigeria of today?
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by pdozie: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
eleojo23:
It is amusing that many people think that one man will just come and fix this country with some magic touch. Our problems have accumulated and it's going to take years and a lot of hard work to solve them. These problems have been caused partly by the leaders and to a large extent by the citizens themselves. We want someone who will come and fight corruption when we are not ready to leave our corrupt ways behind and embrace honesty. Everyone claims to have the fear of God but corruption is rife.
Nigeria will only be fixed when the citizens are ready to cooperate with the government. We all must change our values to promote right over wrong.

Until we realize that nation building is not the work of the president alone, we will keep waiting for the 'messiah' and I tell you, it's going to be a very long wait.

Thanks Eleojo: This is one of my best comments in this forum for the year 2014.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by 500GP: 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
DesChyko:

First, you should note that it isn't the number of votes, but the percentage of votes against that of the opposition that wins each state.
For instance, PDP had 1,190,179 votes from Kaduna which is 46% of the votes from Kaduna but lost the state because CPC had more than that. On the other hand, PDP got only 408,997 votes from Nasarawa, which is 59% of the votes from Nassarawa but won the state because that was higher than any other party recorded.

So, you can see that it isn't about the number, but the percentage of voters that voted each party.

Bearing that in mind,
The South-East Zone with 5 states, recorded an average of 98% votes in favour of Jonathan while a mere 2% voted against him.
That means in every 100 people, only 2 people didn't vote for Jonathan from this zone.

In the South-South with 6 states, 96% voted in favour of Jonathan, while only 4% voted against him. That means in every 100 people, only 4 people didn't vote for Jonathan from this zone.

In the South-West zone, only 58% voted in favour of Jonathan. The remaining 48% voted against him. This means in every 100 people from this zone, 58 people wanted him as president while the remaining 42 didn't vote for him.

So, it is quite strange when the South West say they threw their weight behind him fully while the results show otherwise.

SO WHAT YOU ARE INSINUATING NOW IS THAT SOUTH EAST ARE BRAIN BEHIND GEJ'S VICTORY IN 2011....
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by YEMOYEMI: 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
Dear Patriots,
Monday ,22nd of December has been declared Solidarity campaign day for General Mohamodu Buhari / Pastor(Prof) Osinbajo. We humbly ask you to put up their pictures on your BB, Twitter handles,Facebook,whatapp, and all social medias ! We intend to have 50 million of their pictures up. It is possible!!!! PLS BROADCAST

Today we have decided to change the fortune of our dear country and purposely create hope for our generations unborn.
A number of us may not know about the days we use to export cocoa, the days of groundnut pyramid, the rubber in Old Bendel state, the days farmers/traders leave their goods in public and buyers take what they need and leave the money in the trays , the days $2 exchanged for N1 , the days young graduates were given Beetle, Citroen or Datsun 120Y cars which comes with an automatic job ! This ''animals in human skin'' according to Fela Anikulapo have basterdized our socio-economic lives.
This campaign therefore is to re-awaken us that our dear Nigeria has a lot more resources than the collection of the G7 countries of this world (SAD.. isn't it? )BUT our leaders both past and present have squandered and still squandering our collective wealth.
Now divinity has created another opportunity to make a change and we concerned patrots have decided to throw our weight and queue behind a man that had been president and has only one house, former PTF chairman without a petrol station, a disciplined Officer that brought sanity to our everyday lives (WAI), a Muslim that freely dines with Christains, a reserved gentleman that loves Nigeria.
We are casting our votes for General Muhammed Buhari and his running mate Prof (Pastor) Osinbajo.
Please make Monday 22nd December a date.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by ooshinibos: 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
Nigeria is not all about yoruba alone
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by DesChyko: 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
500GP:

SO WHAT YOU ARE INSINUATING NOW IS THAT SOUTH EAST ARE BRAIN BEHIND GEJ'S VICTORY IN 2011....

No.
I'm just skeptic of the claim that the 'South West' were [b]fully[b] behind Jonathan.
They evidently contributed, but were not fully behind GEJ. He couldn't even win all six states of the South West.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by fyneconcepts: 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
bonechamberlain:
nice...... but still don't understand the purpose of the letter

The purpose in in d last paragraph. He says Buhari has what it takes to save Nigeria and wishes him luck.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by DesChyko: 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
YEMOYEMI:
Monday ,22nd of December has been declared Solidarity campaign day for General Mohamodu Buhari / Pastor(Prof) Osinbajo. We humbly ask you to put up their pictures on your BB, Twitter handles,Facebook,whatapp, and all social medias !...

Lwkmd..
If I hear??
No politician picture will grace my display oo.. Everybody vote whom you like. You will bear the consequence of your votes alone.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by yemmycongy(m): 2:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
Yet they say if legs are rotten what can the head do and they forgot the same adage which says an army of Dogs led by a Lion is far better than an army of Lions led by a Dog, If Buhari is sincere just 4yrs is okay to start the transformation we need.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by eaccyboy(m): 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
Foolish old fool..GEJ till he die in 2080...
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by rhymz(m): 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
DesChyko:

Bearing that in mind,

I have had that argument before with one DayoKanu that kept making giving the impression that the southwest determined Jonathan's victory. It is so strange to read where these Yoruba folks arrogate to themselves non-existent fictitious political clout to decide who wins an election yet when you check the figure all you see are lies. Besides Lagos where significant votes were recorded for the President and we all know Lagos is cosmopolitan with almost half the population being people from the eastern region, the rest of the SW was just a case of get the needed 25% and nothing more. Jonathan rode on the back of the Eastern bloc and support from MB, the rest was just additional votes that made it clear he was the choice, they did not decide jack...... I am ready to put out the records of they want to make blind arguments.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by obynoses(m): 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
I regret wasting minutes in reading this rubbish. Prof banjo U really want old men to keep pushing our country to cessation. It won't work for you. Goodluck all over. We need no profs to pitifully writing to b given an appointment.Jesus christ has already called d result of dz election not Mohammed.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by bonechamberlain(m): 11:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
bareal:

Correct! so much talk from the professor without actually saying anything, no wonder he was jailed.
. Hahahahahaha grin
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by JEITO: 12:17am On Dec 20, 2014
Igrigrigun:

This is the problem with most youths in Nigeria

Where did you see him on your TV set? Have you mistaken an article for a TV campaign?

I can bet you did not read the article in the OP and even if you did, I am 100% sure that you do not have the faculty to understand a sentence written there.

And for your information, there is no age barrier in expressing one's opinion. The man is a professor and from the evidence in your post, I am sure none of your generation has ever achieved his intellectual achievements.

Go and read your books, it is not too late to pass JAMB
if you were actually as clever as you thought you were, then you would have understood what I was saying.
Btw, what you just shared up there, is as valuable as a Zimbabwean dollar therefore, you are IGNORED.
Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by explorer250(m): 5:12am On Dec 20, 2014
mickeyenglish:
...THRASH u call it! I don't know if u r dat good in History, but I guess u r not due to ur inability to read as signified by dat previous gentleman. History has made his claims known to us dat d Yorubas were truly an advanced race b4 dis failed experimental lab work known as Naija ,and when u talk of great Kingdoms and Empires in Africa, u will discover that d Yorubas were neva found wanting. Where were the so-called Igbos when we where busy expanding our kingdoms to empires? Where were d so-called ibos when the Ijebus were creating the first African gears of war? Where were dis cannibals when the Oyo empire waded-off the the Fulani jihadist of sheku Ahmadu and Uthman dan Fodio? Where were d slimy git worms know as d ibos when d Yoruba nation decide to av a field marshal over all oda generals in Yorubaland know as d "Aare Ona Kankanfo"? Where were dis creature of d underworld when the Yoruba traditional system of Government was d envy of the Europeans? Where were dis soulsess son and daughter of raped Biafran women when the Yoruba city-states were developing into independent super-powers(ekiti,Ibadan,Ijaiye,Owu,Ilesha)? Where were they when all dis happened...oops! Lemme guess! They were still evolving 4rm Homo-erectus to Homo-sapiens....look u race or tribe is literally unknown to various African history students because u were neva part of d African super power of the 16th,17th,18th and 19th centuries. We know d like of d Bantus, the Koisans and Sans, the Hottentous and d Zulu nation all of which r 4rom d Southern part of Africa simply because they had culture,traditions,norms,values,working system and great warriors of which we can relate to(Shaka the Zulu,Zwide of Dingiswayo)...go to any History class in d world where they teach Africcan History and u would be proud of what d Yoruba nation has acheived as a whole. U bloody ibos should thank ur stupid and dim stars dat u r part of a country where d Yoruba inhabitants dwell... And less I forget! There's no such thing as d "born to rule" syndrome dat u pple clamour about and d envy shown to ur filthy people by the Hausas and Yorubas because dis set of pple have being beta,stronger,powerful and smarter than ur tribe 4rm d creation of mankind. That's just d way tnz are my lady. Ur tribe has being inferior to the Yorubas and Hausas 4rm time past, r inferior now to them,and if u don't pull out of Nigeria, will remain INFERIOR till the rest of eternity. It was not ordained by man, but by God himself. U were meant to be our stooges y we were meant to be ur lords.d Yorubas av being in buisness b4 ur pple came into existense, we av being into advanced warfare b4 u apes became "thinking" creature(d dead BIAFRAN soldiers and warlords would testify to that) we had dabbled into the murky waters of politics when u guys were busy gathering fruits,seeds and nuts(typical of chimpanzees), we av being producing sane intellectuals and game changers b4 ancestors started putting syllabes 2geda to form words( it took an intelectual Awolowo to ensure dat u pple were notoriously and universally disgraced with a Guinness world record of not borrowing a penny 4rom outside d shores of Nigeria), we av being producing great warriors and Generals b4 ur ancestors leaped down 4rm d trees and started exploring and living in caves(it took a certain Colonel Benjamin"Black Scorpion" Adekunle and the 3MCD(3rd Marine Commando Devision) to ensure dat ur tribe remains bitter in agony 4 d rest of their "industrious" lives;in other words, he gave them something to remember..lol), the Yorubas av being erecting great structures 4rm time past even b4 ur pple knew wat "shelther" was meant 4(go to Oke Eri in IJEBU ODE the alleged final resting place of the Queen Of Sheeba( d queen who visited King Solomon)and d Great Pyramid there, the Yorubas av been into International relations even b4 d indigenous apes of d presnt day Anambra knew about d existence of the leave eating chimpanzees of d present day Ebonyi, the Yoruba av being creating magnificient and nearly imposible art works and artifacts( dat d European had to wage unnecesary wars and raids just to still them and take to their countries) even b4 u Orangutans started wearing animal hides and leaves as clothings....lemme stop here b'cos if I should continue u'll be amazed to aw insignicant u pple,WHERE,ARE and WILL always be. As d saying goes"one mans bright future is alway anoda mans gloomy past......!

Young man, permit me to say that you are practically foolish! Who told you that the igbos never had great civilizations and rulers? What happened to the obi of onitsha, king of anioma, arochukwu and Nri? I will agree with you that most parts of igboland do not have paramount rulers but you should understand that it is part of our civilization. It is that same democracy that the igbos practised that the big nations of the world such as usa,britain,france,brazil etc even Nigeria which your so called "yorubas" are in is practising today. how many countries of the world are practising the empire system of govt you are priding yourself in? We igbos hate anything called oppression or colonization by any person or authority, be it an absolute monarch or foreigners. Have you forgotten that the jews was organised like the igbos before demanding for a king from God?, but did that stop them from defending themselves when the enemy attacks?, did that stop them from being powerful? The yoruba empire was one of the african powers indeed, but was unable to stop the heavy death casualties inflicted upon them by the oba of benin. The oba of benin was busy conquering the yoruba towns with ease to an extent that the allafin of oyo was afraid of the expanding benin army. The oba of benin was so powerfu and influential to the extent that he ordered the establishment of the ijebu empire, very funny isnt it? But history has it that it was very hard for the benin empire to conquer the present day agbor whcih was a town of the aniomas, just a single town. The aro anglo-war lasted for over a year, the ekumeku movement(anglo-anioma war) which started at 1883 and ended at 1914 lasted over 31years but the anglo-ijebu war did not even last up to 1year. Even the benin empire was conquered in less than a month! This only shows you how powerful the igbos was even without powerful monarchs and empires which you are priding on. Did history ever tell you that any eastern minority with their mornarchs defeated even a single village in igboland? So young man, the fact that we igbos where not organised in empires do not undermine our military strength. It was our ability to wage war with the advanced britishs for upto 31yrs that encouraged the mau mau of kenya to start his rebellion with the british. History has it that the igbo gave the british the fiercest resistance in africa which led to the death of many british high ranking officers. So in conclusion, the reason why igbos didnt build empires was due to our love for equality,freedom and resistance to any form of colonialism and not on our inability to do so. I DID NOT RESULT TO INSULTS AS YOU DID IS BECAUSE I SEE IT AS A CHILDISH CHARACTER AND I AM NOT AN ETHNIC BIGOT LIKE YOU. And mind you, we first tasted the office of the presidency before you. and you still under the rulership of our neighbouring minority. So stop ranting!

1 Like

Re: Letter To Gen. Buhari By Prof. Banji Akintoye (A Must Read) by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 20, 2014
explorer250:

Young man, permit me to say that you are practically foolish! Who told you that the igbos never had great civilizations and rulers? What happened to the obi of onitsha, king of anioma, arochukwu and Nri? I will agree with you that most parts of igboland do not have paramount rulers but you should understand that it is part of our civilization. It is that same democracy that the igbos practised that the big nations of the world such as usa,britain,france,brazil etc even Nigeria which your so called "yorubas" are in is practising today. how many countries of the world are practising the empire system of govt you are priding yourself in? We igbos hate anything called oppression or colonization by any person or authority, be it an absolute monarch or foreigners. Have you forgotten that the jews was organised like the igbos before demanding for a king from God?, but did that stop them from defending themselves when the enemy attacks?, did that stop them from being powerful? The yoruba empire was one of the african powers indeed, but was unable to stop the heavy death casualties inflicted upon them by the oba of benin. The oba of benin was busy conquering the yoruba towns with ease to an extent that the allafin of oyo was afraid of the expanding benin army. The oba of benin was so powerfu and influential to the extent that he ordered the establishment of the ijebu empire, very funny isnt it? But history has it that it was very hard for the benin empire to conquer the present day agbor whcih was a town of the aniomas, just a single town. The aro anglo-war lasted for over a year, the ekumeku movement(anglo-anioma war) which started at 1883 and ended at 1914 lasted over 31years but the anglo-ijebu war did not even last up to 1year. Even the benin empire was conquered in less than a month! This only shows you how powerful the igbos was even without powerful monarchs and empires which you are priding on. Did history ever tell you that any eastern minority with their mornarchs defeated even a single village in igboland? So young man, the fact that we igbos where not organised in empires do not undermine our military strength. It was our ability to wage war with the advanced britishs for upto 31yrs that encouraged the mau mau of kenya to start his rebellion with the british. History has it that the igbo gave the british the fiercest resistance in africa which led to the death of many british high ranking officers. So in conclusion, the reason why igbos didnt build empires was due to our love for equality,freedom and resistance to any form of colonialism and not on our inability to do so. I DID NOT RESULT TO INSULTS AS YOU DID IS BECAUSE I SEE IT AS A CHILDISH CHARACTER AND I AM NOT AN ETHNIC BIGOT LIKE YOU. And mind you, we first tasted the office of the presidency before you. and you still under the rulership of our neighbouring minority. So stop ranting!

Word

Some people are yet to know how great the Igbos are

God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari's Aides Surprise Him On His 77th Birthday (Photos) / Francis Onwuachi Killed By Fulani Herdsmen After Abduction / Buhari With All Heads-Of-State In Johannesburg, South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.