Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,637 members, 7,827,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Does Buhari Have A University Degree? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Buhari Have A University Degree? (38563 Views)

What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? / Photos: The Cyclists Riding For Buhari Have Finally Arrived Abuja / What Does Buhari Do For A Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by verygudbadguy(m): 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
@OP, do you know NDA is equivalent to a university degree? For u to be an army general, u must have passed tru d NDA.

GMB is our man come 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by lakesidepapa(m): 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
The APC & PDP are like the 2 wives of a man(Nigeria). PDP is that 1st barren wife who wouldn't allow husband sleep with the 2nd fertile wife

2 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by NizyO01(f): 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
Waoo.....am actually suprised,that a person can make this kinda really ignorant statement,if u use the word illetrate for a man like GMB,I wonder what we should use for our first lady.anyway,that's by the way.lack of cert doesn't necessarily mean lack of eduction,cos if we were going by cert,GEJ should be in the zoo,in other word military cert or zoology cert,what matters most is they are both qualified to run.leading a nation isn't just abt what u studied or where u are from,its more abt drive,passion,decisiveness,gut and having what it really takes to lead this wonderful nation in the right direction.what do we say abt a president who makes statements like"stealing is not corruption"every country has got its own share of terrorism maybe its Nigeria's turn"and we are talking about a phd holder here.If u want to make a criticism y either canditate isn't a better canditate,it would be best to make a constructive one,backed up with real fact and info spiced up with maybe a little intelligence.GMB all the way,aint waisting my vote this time.shikena!

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by aagadeogun(m): 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
Its quite unfortunate that some people are so daft to the extent of making such enquiry about GMB. Like some posters have rightly said, the one with a terminal degree (PhD) still bleeped the whole country up and has led us astray for complete six years!. So my brother, good governance is not directly linked to your level of education, its about your ability to make the right decision at the right time, to lead by example and to always be credible everything that you do. Lets change this country positively now, enough of this clueless government.

2 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by pawesome(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
All dis dudes n ladies hia sayin GMB 2015...be carefull what u wish for n i knw dt most f u sayn buhari dis,buhari dt hv neva eva steppd foot in d north...if only u had been in d north e.g Bauchi (very small state) for a week,den u wil understand y u nt suppose to tink f GMB...

by d way...........

GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by PapiWata: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2014
kayusbrown:
Formal Education is overrated. Real knowledge doesn't exist within the four walls of classroom.

Ha ha ha yeah right. Well next time you or any of your loved ones requires medical attention, don't bother visiting a qualified doctor, when Baba Sikira traditional healer lives conveniently close by in a Lagos slum, is way cheaper and specializes in ALL branches of medical or "spiritual" treatment.

Also when you need to go to court for any important case that emerges in your professional or personal life, don't waste precious money on a qualified, formally educated barrister-at-law, when Mumuni the panel-beater can offer better prices in his capacity as a self-taught "traditional" lawyer with a voice far louder and intimidating than that of any person who went to the trouble of attending law school and passing the bar examination.

2 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by baybiemee: 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ah ah, then who attended a school at Toronto some time back
Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by Onozboy(m): 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
op go and check the constitution yu dont need a university degree to a president all yu need is an ssce certificate

2 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by obaobirin: 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
MUHAMMADU BUHARI’S CURRICULUM VITAE

Born in Daura, Katsina State, on 17 December 1942

Education

Attended Primary School in Daura and Mai’adua, 1948-1952
Attended Katsina Model School in 1953 and Katsina Provincial Secondary School (now Government College Katsina) from 1956-1961.

Joined the then Nigerian Military Training School, Kaduna in 1963.
Attended Officer’s Cadet School in Aldershot (United Kingdom), October 1963
Attended Platoon Commanders’ Course at the Nigerian Military College, Kaduna, 1964
Attended the Mechanical Transport Officer’s Course at the Army Mechanical Transport School in Borden (United Kingdom) 1965
Studied at the Defence Services’ Staff College, Wellington (India), 1973
Attended the United States Army War College, June 1979 to June 1980.

Professional Achievements

Platoon Commander, 2nd Infantry Battalion, 1963-1964;
Mechanical Transport Officer, Lagos Garrison, 1964-1965;
Transport Company Commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 1965-1966;
Battalion Adjutant/Commander, 2nd Infantry Brigade, 1966-1967;
Brigade Major, 2nd Sector, 1st Infantry Division, April to July, 1967;
Brigade Major, 3rd Infantry Division, August 1967 – October 1968;
Acting Commander, 4th Sector, 1st Division, November 1968 – February 1970;
Commander, 31st Infantry Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, February 1970 – June 1971;
Assistant Adjutant-General, 1st Infantry Division Headquarters, July 1971 – December 1972;
Colonel, General Staff, 3rd Infantry Division Headquarters, January 1974 – September 1974;
Acting Director Supply and Transport, Nigeria Army Corps Headquarters, September 1974 – July 1975;
Military Governor, North Eastern State of Nigeria, August 1975 – March 1976;
Federal Commissioner for Petroleum Resources, March 1976 – June 1978;
Chairman, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, June 1978 – July 1978;
Military Secretary, Army Headquarters, July 1978 – June 1979;
Member, Supreme Military Council, July 1978 – June 1979;
General Officer Commanding, 4th Infantry Division, August 1980 – January 1981;
General Officer Commanding, 3rd Armored Division, November 1981 – December 1983;
Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, December 1983 – August 1985.
Executive Chairman of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF), 21 March 1995 – May 1999.

Awards and Medals

GCFR: Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
DSM: Defence Service Medal
NSM: National Service Medal
GSM: General Service Medal
LSGCM: Loyal Service and Good Conduct Medal
FSS: Forces Service Star
CM: The Congo Medal

Honorary Doctorate Degrees
10 December 1994: Honorary Doctor of Science degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

21 December 1996: Honorary Doctor of Letters degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by the University of Calabar.

6 June 1998: Honorary Doctor of Law degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari by Benue State University.

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by shegzy0007(m): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
RagaMufeen:

so he has no degress at all, very bad,

gej till buhari get degree then.
no need for olodo ruler when we have many graduates.

Why you yarn toxic like this? I dey sure say you be old for sch
Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by Poddy(m): 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
RagaMufeen:
Can you tell me if Buhari have degree or just WAEC? because no one want olodo to rule them. Obama is graduate, same as Germany, Britain, Japan and China. Naija people deserve a graduate as well, that's why oyinbo people think we are mumu.
yue must be in ss3,..

2 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by PapiWata: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
[quote author=obaobirin post=29057926]MUHAMMADU BUHARI’S CURRICULUM VITAE

Born in Daura, Katsina State, on 17 December 1942

Education

Attended Primary School in Daura and Mai’adua, 1948-1952
Attended Katsina Model School in 1953 and Katsina Provincial Secondary School (now Government College Katsina) from 1956-1961.

10 December 1994: [size=14pt]Honorary[/size] Doctor of Science degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari

21 December 1996: [size=14pt]Honorary[/size] Doctor of Letters degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari

6 June 1998: [size=14pt]Honorary[/size] Doctor of Law degree (honoris causa) conferred on Buhari

The word "Honorary" in reference to ANY purported "academic" qualification, basically means that the diploma is not worth the paper on which it is printed, since the person on whom that dubious honor was conferred need not have ever cracked a textbook of any description for as long as they have been alive. We thank you for your own contributing evidence establishing Buhari to be a buffoon, and an illiterate one to boot.

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by Tunagee(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
RagaMufeen:
Can you tell me if Buhari have degree or just WAEC? because no one want olodo to rule them. Obama is graduate, same as Germany, Britain, Japan and China. Naija people deserve a graduate as well, that's why oyinbo people think we are mumu.

the guy with PHD qualification; what did he achieve while ruling?olodo.and u that is talking; whats ur qualification.slowpoke!

2 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by obaobirin: 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
[quote author=PapiWata post=29058178][/quote]

What's your own level of education.. your purported Dr in zoology and a lecturer has no clue on governance yet u want to vote. I can categorically say it to you dat ure "an olodo"(if it's allowed to use such) grin grin grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by Scholes007(m): 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
when ever i hear Nigeria been ridiculed i say to my self is this how power have left us..
1-Jonathan is clueless because Nigerian make him clueless...is other African presidents better than him
2-Nigeria is ridiculed because someone wants to be in power by any means and result to daily blackmailing of Nigeria
3-no country will on daily bases call their president names like(fool,fisher man,d clueless 1, etc) and expect others not to follow suit
All am saying is nigeria and gej are subjected to mockery because we Nigerian love,nurture,propagate...acts THAT DAMAGE our image internationally. time we refrain from these act
****LET US DEFEND OUR INTEGRITY****OTHER NATIONS ARE GREAT BECAUSE THEY DON'T INSULT THEIR GOVERNMENT/PRESIDENT AS WE DO....
Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by Riclord001(m): 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
RagaMufeen:

so it wrong that i ask if he has degree abi? who want olodo ruler, waka make i pass
does the absence of a university degree necessarily transform him to an olodo?
when i c people like GEJ, i feeling like burning d few credentials i have... even people like u... who rate qualifications above capabilites

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by PapiWata: 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
Riclord001:

does the absence of a university degree necessarily transform him to an olodo?

Actually yes, this is a correct statement, sir. You are very perceptive indeed. Dunces, dullards, dimwits and dorks ALWAYS fail academic tests and examinations, as Buhari has done all of his adult life, therefore, by deductive reasoning, Buhari is a major, confirmed monkey-brained rodent of the first order.
Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by Lekewatt(m): 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2014
make all of una sharap jor. When gani contest una vote for am? Online agitators.
Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by Lekewatt(m): 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
gej ride on till may 2015 jor.........
Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by NobleG1(m): 7:58pm On Dec 20, 2014
RagaMufeen:

Buhari has no varsity degree. Most muslim military guys during his time in military had no varsity degree and yet they were promoted more than others.

Jonathan claimed he has PHD in Zoology (which has not been confirmed) and yet it didn't make him a good leader. He's very incompetent to even be a zoo president.

I'm not a Buhari fan but he may be far better than Jona. Buhari can fight corruption. But my concern is that he loves islam too much and may turn the country into an islamic nation.

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by LastProphet: 8:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
peleson:
Buhari took over power destroying democratic system, declared no party and had intention of ruling forever!
IBB said buhari failed all his exams in the military. That he remains the only officer who couldn't pass his exams in Nigeria Army! What a pity. No wonder he could be booted out of power that way. Tinubu has same plan for him,
Say no to Olodo buhari

It was Abacha the daft IBB referred to. Go and find out first the level of education of Defence Academy graduates, am shocked at the level of ignorance in this place. So you think you can pass NDA? Am sure GEJ and PEJ will both fail there

2 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by zheroes(m): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
RagaMufeen:
now i see why you still havent progressed. you dont need to be a graduate to be successful okay. stop deceiving yourself, that you have a PHD doesnt guarantee you will be a good administrator. are all graduates street smart or intelligent?, this topic is so daft, i wonder how it got to the first page

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
Does Bill gates have a degree? can jonathan stand him? The answer is capital no. To shock ur clueless mind Thabo Mbeki d South African president didnt attend a formal school i.e he doesnt even have a primary school leaving certificate, n ur clueless PhD jonathan cant stand him. cased closed.

3 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by zheroes(m): 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
NobleG1:

But my concern is that he loves islam too much and may turn the country into an islamic nation.
so many people still think we are still in the military era when the president can say something and it stands. if he proposes and the reps disagrees will it fly? please guys make una wake up abeg.

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by zheroes(m): 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2014
PapiWata:

Actually yes, this is a correct statement, sir. You are very perceptive indeed. Dunces, dullards, dimwits and dorks ALWAYS fail academic tests and examinations, as Buhari has done all of his adult life, therefore, by deductive reasoning, Buhari is a major, confirmed monkey-brained rodent of the first order.

you are a squirrel!!!!

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by PapiWata: 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
zheroes:
you are a squirrel!!!!

I appreciate all reprints of my posts. Thanks for this.
Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by ohisola1(f): 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2014
RagaMufeen:

Really? So OBAMA IS GRADUATE? tell me something!!! Is that his middle name, his personality or his characteristic? So graduate is now an adjective. I never knew!!!!!

You also said Germany, Britain etc are graduates? How daft can u be??
You don't need to be contesting for a position to know how to speak good English.

Are you not ashamed? You have a "Dr" as a presient for 6 years and you write like this. (Even my 5years old who write better English) maybe if an "illiterate" comes into power, he will help your likes obtain better English standards.

Upgrade your English before you go about asking STUPID and SENSELESS questions.

2 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by manbayu(m): 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
some people mumu sha.........................no be small, carry your degree go use am collect money for bank
Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by mualima: 9:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
NobleG1:

Buhari has no varsity degree. Most muslim military guys during his time in military had no uni degree and yet they were promoted more than others.

Jonathan claimed he has PHD in Zoology (which has not been confirmed) and yet it didn't make him a good leader. He's very incompetent to even be a zoo president.

I'm not a Buhari fan but he may be far better than Jona. Buhari can fight corruption.
But my concern is that he loves islam too much and may turn the country into an islamic nation.

What makes you think he loves Islam too much? And even if he does, it only affirms one thing; that Buhari has passion for what he believes in, the same passion he will use to uphold his beliefs in a better Nigerian and give us the change we need. Moreso, i dont think Buhari loves Islam as much as Jonathan loves christianity judging from the way he attends RCCG conventions.
Re: Does Buhari Have A University Degree? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hadone:
So what if he dont have a degree? Atleast the constitutional requirement for presidency is secondary certificate which he has. Remember that clueless GEJ holds a Ph.D but what colour does it adds to his poor administration? We'll only consider CREDIBILITY and nothing else. GMB can, but GEJ cant. No more tribal, sectional or religious bias. Nigeria is one & Buhari our CHOICE! Not by interest, but CREDIBILITY!! GMB2015!!!
Hmm, your reasoning about education is ridiculous and very unfortunate. I guess you are educated (you sure sound like you are) and do hope you know the meaning and impact of education. Have you ever done business at the highest level and tried to do so with uneducated people? If/when you have, you will not make the comment/statement you just made above. My bro, dealing with an illiterate man is hell, believe me! My friend, education not only matters, it is in fact, the number one thing-when the chips are down, and theres tension, thats when you'll know and see that it does! There are a lot of issues that an uneducated mind can't even comprehend (that is, understand), talk less of handling or tackling/solving. Moreover, someone without education can be easily misadvised, deceived or misled by so called advisers.
NB: By the way, Buhari is educated, he went to several military institutions, and so, is not illiterate. That should be noted. Also, you said..."GMB can". Well, I think you are right! Thank you for that!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Oshiomhole In Vigorous Workout (Pictures) / Why Tambuwal Will Dump APC – Amaechi / Bokoharam Kidnaps Cameroon's Vice Prime Minister's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.