Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? (14317 Views)

Why Does Buhari Find It Hard To Talk To Nigerians? / Ugwuanyi To Immortalize Azikiwe, See What He's Doing At Former Residence Of Zik / Did Barney Have A Stroke Or Is He Doing Drugs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
I read an article where Ovation Magazine Publisher Mr Dele Momodu was quoted by saying President Buhari knows what he's doing
https://www.nairaland.com/2455063/know-what-im-doing-buhari. In the words of Dele Momodu after meeting with Buhari

“We spoke about security and the efforts he is making; we spoke about anti-corruption crusade and I must say, today, he reassured me that not only does he know what he is doing, he is determined to make Nigeria work.”

After reading the article, I began to ask myself maybe Dele Momodu really heard the President say "I don't know what I am doing" or he was actually misquoted. Let us see...

The Economy Under Buhari
Since May 29 the price of goods and commodities in the market have gone astronomically high. Between May 29 and July 16, The naira depreciated by 22% against the Dollar. It depreciated from N198/$ to N242/$. Fuel is still being sold at N110-120 per liter as against the approved N87 per liter in filling stations despite the existence of subsidy. Yet we have no economic manager nor planners in place, neither do we have any direction that we can say our country is heading to. Despite all these, the President still thinks he knows what he is doing?

Security
Security in the North-East that was experienced significant improvement as at May 28, 2015 has gone from improvement to deterioration. Boko haram terrorists has strucked about 25 times killing more than a thousand and displacing thousands of Nigerians since President Buhari took over power. Despite all the attacks, it has never been reported that the military under Buhari struck BH for even once. Yet Mr President still thinks he knows what he's doing?

Anti-Corruption
Look at the corruption cases and the systematic letting off the hook of Timpre Sylva. Till date all immediate past Governors and political office-holders are walking free without the present administration instituting any fresh case. The cases against Sule Lamido and sons, Murtala Nyako and son and Timpre Sylva which Buhari inherited from his predecessor have taken a new twist. While the Lamidos and Nyakos were granted bail, Sylva was systematically let off the hook. Is the administration trying to tell us that non of the immediate past chief executives apart from Sule Lamido was corrupt (irrespective of party line)? And Buhari still thinks he knows what he's doing?

Administration
The administration several times had countered and reversed itself within days/hours all because it lacks coordination. First it was the permanent secretary of Defence Ministry announcing that the President had ordered for the dismantling of military checkpoints. 48hours later APC Governors after having meeting with the President came out to say the President had reversed himself. Days later came the now outgone NSA who said there was no such order for dismantling of military checkpoint by the President. There was conflicting reports from the Presidency and the Foreign Affairs whether or not the President did recall Nigeria Ambassadors. Yet, the President thinks he knows what he's doing?

Is it that Dele Momodu was misquoted or he himself misquoted the President? Is it a case of trying to launder the image of the President and give Nigerians that are tired of the directionless government a false message that "Buhari is on top of the situation"? Is the President out of touch with reality?

I understand that the administration has been looking for means to propagate false hope. However, from all indices on ground, it is very clear (even to the blind) that Muhammadu Buhari does not know what he's doing. But, if the President insists that he knows what he's doing, then it is safe to say that Nigerians elected a disillusioned government.

May God Bless Us All

55 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2015

modified: Dear bros barcanista, can U abeg fit comot Ur typin? so that........tc, in case E make front page. I stil be barca fan too grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by obi4eze(m): 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
Chief Wailer, I hail o!

All the time you are wasting here is more than enough to rebuild your party.

BTW, tell your Otuoke Messiah to return the trillions he misappropriated or face the probe of the one who 'doesn't know what he is doing.'

Slow and steady they say, wins the race.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by stepo707: 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
For him mind he knows wat he is doing.we give him till end of this year

6 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by phyllosilicate(m): 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
Okay, I have read this one, waiting to read your next article.

5 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Rose2014: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
He's still training on the job
Please give him four years

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by 1bunne4lif(m): 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
The fact remains that buhari is yet to come to terms with the present situation in nigeria. He's still confused

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Cutehector(m): 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
Barcanista, until u sit on dat presidential seat and rule d country for just 24 hours, I advice u keep shut.

17 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
Wailing Wailer TANoid Protection Seeker

I troway salute!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by lincolnj88: 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
A slave must always praise his master... Date wat momodu is doing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jattuboy:

modified: Dear bros barcanista, can U abeg fit comot Ur typin? so that........c, in case E make front page. I stil be barca fan too grin
I'm sorry bro. I shall oblige.
Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by muhyeenisce(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
Wait for 4years to completely see what he thinks he is doing....seat,relax and enjoy the change... My signature is touching

8 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by StOla: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
He's doing the opposite of Jonathan, so he won't have to be sending emissaries to beg the next president to halt all probes of his administration.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Sinbad2(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
With things going this way PMB is taking Nigeria 30years backward.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by kromoto: 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
OP, take it easy and don't give yourself HBP!

Even Olisa Metuh dey drink water grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rose2014:
He's still training on the job
Please give him four years
I don't think four years will be enough.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Upnepaa(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
barca,if buhari change nigeria for good will you be happy or not

4 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by obi4eze(m): 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
Cutehector:
Barcanista, until u sit on dat presidential seat and rule d country for just 24 hours, I advice u keep shut.
Do you mind him?
He doesn't even know anything about leadership.

Ask him if he has ever been a class captain before and how he handled it.

People like him make bad leaders because they will lead their followers into a deep pit. They will squander all the available resources like his hero did.

15 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Chubhie: 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
I heard PMB laughed to Dele's jokes. Maybe I will write my own memo so that Grampa will invite me to Aso Rock so I can crack a joke on Jagaban's misadventures with his personal gods.

1 Like

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Princecalm(m): 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
how easy it is to criticise, just one question for you, have you thought why Buhari is taking things easy this time around, that would not have been expected from a former Nigerian Millitary General. Think.

11 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by obi4eze(m): 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
StOla:
He's doing the opposite of Jonathan, so he won't have to be sending emissaries to beg the next president to halt all probes of his administration.
Classic response

10000000000000 likes.

17 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by alrahmanonline(m): 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
Barcanista, i see you've edited your book now, where Almakura is walking freely and even boasting that nothing will happen, it's now about sylva alone, mind you there are fresh charges being compiled against sylva, so dont worry you'll soon edit again and again till you won't have anything to write again... Typical wailing wailer... lagoon sure pass..

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
A passionate appeal to Moderators Lalasticlala Ishilove and Obinoscopy for FP.

Cc: Seun

Mogidi, Whynotthetruth Mizmycoli Dearpreye Ecoterrors Anonimi Altwireless Phockphockman Truckpusher Descartes Biafranqueen Tomakint Agabai23 Stebell

3 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by phantom(m): 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
I voted for him but frankly,I am asking the same question.... embarassed

6 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by freedom96: 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
Who are you to ask that question?
What do you think he's doing?
Are u dumb or mischievous enough not to see it?

Life woud have been easier only if u have lived by some simple principles:Honesty,Integrity and straight-forwadness.But no,you chose to do whatever brings food to your table,a typical example of a Nigerian politician.I pray u don't get the oppoturnity to become a councillor talkless of a chairman of a LG,as long as you live by deceit and selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Cutehector(m): 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
obi4eze:

Do you mind him?
He doesn't even know anything about leadership.

Ask him if he has ever been a class captain before and how he handled it.

People like him make bad leaders because they will lead their followers into a deep pit. They will squander all the available resources like his hero did.
lol abi. There is a saying that the best football players are the ones who are watchin d football..

But put dem in d pitch, u will be shocked at their unexpertise

5 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Rilwayne001: 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
WATER

2 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by xcolanto(m): 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
If all what is happening so far is termed "I know what I am doing" then I weep for the unborn generation! This man is highly clueless on 21st century governance and is only using the frigle Nigerian economy at this time to practice how to rule in the modern Day.

If indeed Nigeria was a sane country! This man should be in elderly people's home for crying out loud! Old age, senility and dullness has gotten the best of the dura born. His open show nepotism and favoritism is even more worrying as he displays his "I don't care" attitude while at it. Good thing the clock is ticking way faster than it should under this regime because believe it or not this old man days in governance are numbered! It's just sad that by the time his done, this county would be more divided and disunited than when he meet it.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
Wailing wailers, when any achievement is attributed to Buhari, you saTANically say it's the handiwork of Jonathan. Why don't you believe that the bad state of the economy, infrastructure, security, etc is as a result of the cluelessness of Jonathan, having it in mind that Buhari is less than two months as President? I wish you have common sense.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Wailing Wailer TANoid Protection Seeker

I troway salute!

You have stayed long enough to start deconstructing opponents analysis and adding intellectual dimension to the debates.

Barcanista took time to critique the article supposedly reporting the outcome of Dele's meeting with Mr President citing several incidences to the contrary while stating his references.

Stop joining these Jss3 students in derailing the threads.

You are no longer in the opposition. It is time to change style.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
Chubhie:
I heard PMB laughed to Dele's jokes. Maybe I will write my own memo so that Grampa will invite me to Aso Rock so I can crack a joke on Jagaban's misadventures with his personal gods.
U no go kill me. If he wants to laugh he should be visiting stand up comedians. He cannot be laughing over national issues

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Governors Visit IDP Camp In Adamawa (Photos) / Court Refuses To Stay Further Proceeding In Fani-kayode Trial / Do You Know Who Your Local Government Chairman Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.