Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,281 members, 7,860,649 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:47 PM

Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? (3131 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Married With Kids But Deeply In Love With Another Lady / Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by aspirebig: 4:44am On Dec 21, 2014
OlamiB:
Do it on monday morning, nobody will have your time. Here in lagos people get married in weekdays just to prevent crowd.
Go for church blessing that monday too and end it in court.
You can decide to host yoou family and frnds at home

This is the best advice.

Make sure you first tidy the traditional things with your wife family, then do the rest as advised. Ensure that you have a good photographer to take few shots, enlarge it and you are done.

Getting married when you already have money comes with plenty demands, expenses, sleepless nights, effizis, , different suggestions, especially if you are already driving a Jeep as a bachelor and you work in a good company. The demand , no b here ooo...so be wise, do your thing quietly and enter house.God bless your union in advance.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 21, 2014
laplace12:

It implies he's terribly broke.
You Can ask how being broke affects marriage.

No sir! It does not imply dat he is terribly broke. He is only prudently working with a 100k budget. He can afford to feed his family of two for a period of two yrs and to feed a family of two for two years u need abt 400k per annum. So if he can afford 400k per annum to cater for his family why wd u consider him terribly broke becos he has a 100k budget for wedding?

Are u aware that 800k will feed a family for two yrs? So why spend such an amount on a one day event when d same amount will take care of a family for two years? Why not focus on taking care of ur family instead?

No sir, he is not terribly broke. He's just a wise man dat has refused to think like most ppl.

#Smh#

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 21, 2014
Iam very impressed dat der are still some ladies in naija way get sense like u and OlamiB. Una sabi sth jare. smiley

Evina:
Why not? You can have your wedding the way you want it. What makes a wedding expensive is how elaborate you want it.

Just make it really low key.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by crackhaus: 7:51am On Dec 21, 2014
obongproff:

So, if someone does not have more dan a 100k budget, he cannot afford to get married in today's Nigeria abi?
Not if he wants to marry the average Nigerian girl who wants a fancy & expensive BellaNaija wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Evina(f): 10:03am On Dec 21, 2014
obongproff:
Iam very impressed dat der are still some ladies in naija way get sense like u and OlamiB. Una sabi sth jare. smiley

smiley
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Evina(f): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2014
crackhaus:

Ahhh, someone is being realistic finally grin

I intend for us to spend exactly 95k.
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by donogaga(m): 11:30am On Dec 21, 2014
Evina:

Hahahahahah. Hilarious.
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 21, 2014
crackhaus:

Not if he wants to marry the average Nigerian girl who wants a fancy & expensive BellaNaija wedding.

Ur rite. And if she doesn't want it, she can always go and look for someone dat will do her a BellaNaija wedding with a total cost dats enof to start a good business. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
Wow! Now this is one nairalander i'll love to connect with!, sending you a PM right away
cococandy:
OP I'm assuming Na your wedding we dey plan so grin

Let me try see how it can be done.

Only family members will be invited o and maybe few friends of both hubby n wife not more than 8 in number. Total shouldn't be more than 30 people.

You can have a house party to boycott renting a venue. Because 100,000 won't even get you a decent venue especially if you live in the city and if you rent a venue, you have to pay for decor. Hmm. Dead end.

Here goes:
Court wedding registration and demands:#15,000
Quarter bag of rice : #3000(you guys must not eat to burst. Besides a quarter bag of rice contains 25cups and should be enough to feed 30ppl who aren't gluttons.)

Condiments for cooking and coleslaw: #10,000
2cartons of chicken. : #17,000
2crates of canned hi malt :5,000
3 crates of canned beer: 10,000
one tier of cake from a local baker 10,000 or less( don't patronize big shot bakers or buy from a fast food joint. Very cheap like 5k
Turntable DJ : 10k
Miscellaneous 10k

Wear your previously owned good looking suit or shirt and shoes
(I'm assuming you already have)

If your wife doesn't wanna wear one of her regular dresses for the wedding, Rent a wedding dress for her: like 7k
I had a dressmaker who used to rent wedding dresses to people who couldn't afford to buy one. So I don't think it is so expensive.

One of your friends or family member can do the talking. No need for MC. Let it be the persons wedding gift to you.

Wifey can do her make up herself and use her previously owned accessories if they look good.
That brings us to 97k less 5k if you buy your cake from a fast food center.

Seems like it can be done cheesy huh?

Impossible is nothing!
You can have a small party that looks like a birthday house party and be fine with that as long as you have family and friends and love.

My question to you is this: after the wedding,do you have a dependable source of income?
Is your fiancé on board with this? You don't want a resentful wife on her hand few months down the line.

*Drops my pen and writing pad

Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:

Only family members will be invited o and maybe few friends of both hubby n wife not more than 8 in number. Total shouldn't be more than 30 people.

You can have a house party to boycott renting a venue. Because 100,000 won't even get you a decent venue especially if you live in the city and if you rent a venue, you have to pay for decor. Hmm. Dead end.

Here goes:
Quarter bag of rice : #3000(you guys must not eat to burst. Besides a quarter bag of rice contains 25cups and should be enough to feed 30ppl who aren't gluttons.)

one tier of cake from a local baker 10,000 or less( don't patronize big shot bakers or buy from a fast food joint. Very cheap like 5k
Miscellaneous 10k

If your wife doesn't wanna wear one of her regular dresses for the wedding, Rent a wedding dress for her: like 7k
I had a dressmaker who used to rent wedding dresses to people who couldn't afford to buy one. So I don't think it is so expensive.

One of your friends or family member can do the talking. No need for MC. Let it be the persons wedding gift to you.

Wifey can do her make up herself and use her previously owned accessories if they look good.

Impossible is nothing!
You can have a small party that looks like a birthday house party and be fine with that as long as you have family and friends and love.

My question to you is this: after the wedding,do you have a dependable source of income?
Is your fiancé on board with this? You don't want a resentful wife on her hand few months down the line.

Iyanmi! Nma koo tang aba! Sai!

I 'doesn't' know dat iban say niay ifiok eh gwak kay nl oh. Iyanmi!

Nna u sabi sth abeg. Three kposa for u jare.

Okay, its not my wedding. Its a friends. He has a job - a source of income, and can comfortably feed his new family wella. He just cannot afford to spend wot he can use to take care of his family for two on just a one-day event dat doesn't yield any financial benefits apart from glass cups, and cuttleries and if he's lucky, he cd get a pressing iron or a washing machine which he already has. And he doesnt want to go broke after wedding.

As per d part abt his wife-to-be's consent, am not to sure abt her stand on d issue cos am not close to her. But she looks like she doesnt mind sha. cheesy

Once again, thanx a lot for d comment. U simply demystified d whole ish. Am surprised its even d ladies dat are saying more reasonable tins in dis thread. I neva knew some guys dont have sense. Chai! Smh.
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by luvablesam(m): 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:

Here goes:

Miscellaneous 10k

Impossible is nothing!

This makes Sense.

By the way, he doesn't need a professional DJ in d party, a brother or sis can do dat with d right items
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by cococandy(f): 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
tooltip:
Wow! Now this is one nairalander i'll love to connect with!, sending you a PM right away
You want me to help plan your wedding? grin
My feed are high o
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:

You want me to help plan your wedding? grin
My feed are high o
yea, but you'll be the bride.....lol
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by cococandy(f): 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
If that your friend can afford more, he should bring more money and maybe his wife can contribute too. I know it is good to save money but 100k wedding is the lowest anyone can go and that can only be when the couple can't afford anything but the barest minimum which is what his budget can get for him right now.

Me that typed that post, I didn't even rent a venue for less than 100k when I had my wedding. Suffix is to say that if I insist on encouraging someone to do that kind of wedding when they can afford more,that would be hypocritical of me.
I typed that with the assumption that that is all they can afford.

But since you imply they can afford more,pls encourage him to increase his budget small.
Make him wife smile better smile for am that day.. cheesy

obongproff:

Iyanmi! Nma koo tang aba! Sai!

I 'doesn't' know dat iban say niay ifiok eh gwak kay nl oh. Iyanmi!

Nna u sabi sth abeg. Three kposa for u jare.

Okay, its not my wedding. Its a friends. He has a job - a source of income, and can comfortably feed his new family wella. He just cannot afford to spend wot he can use to take care of his family for two on just a one-day event dat doesn't yield any financial benefits apart from glass cups, and cuttleries and if he's lucky, he cd get a pressing iron or a washing machine which he already has. And he doesnt want to go broke after wedding.

As per d part abt his wife-to-be's consent, am not to sure abt her stand on d issue cos am not close to her. But she looks like she doesnt mind sha. cheesy

Once again, thanx a lot for d comment. U simply demystified d whole ish. Am surprised its even d ladies dat are saying more reasonable tins in dis thread. I neva knew some guys dont have sense. Chai! Smh.
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by cococandy(f): 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
tooltip:
yea, but you'll be the bride.....lol
I'm taken.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
I'm taken.
okay, no problems, can I be the other guy,that will pose no threat?
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
cococandy:
If that your friend can afford more, he should bring more money and maybe his wife can contribute too. I know it is good to save money but 100k wedding is the lowest anyone can go and that can only be when the couple can't afford anything but the barest minimum which is what his budget can get for him right now.

Me that typed that post, I didn't even rent a venue for less than 100k when I had my wedding. Suffix is to say that if I insist on encouraging someone to do that kind of wedding when they can afford more,that would be hypocritical of me.
I typed that with the assumption that that is all they can afford.

But since you imply they can afford more,pls encourage him to increase his budget small.
Make him wife smile better smile for am that day.. cheesy

babe, d guy go try sha. I think we've finally settled for 200k. He's just one of dose rigid nerds dat prefer to focus on d marriage instead of d wedding. I no blame d guy sha. He is actually planning with his salary and doesnt want to borrow or get financial assistance from anyone. So he's strictly making do with wot he has.
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by crackhaus: 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
Evina:

Lmao...

Just on introduction abi, or do you mean $95k? grin
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by chillis1: 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
Go do a court marriage.

For traditional marriage, depending on where your fiancee is from. Item can or cannot be expensive.

If I were you I just settle for one.

No need trying to please people. Your money, your call.
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
obongproff:

Babe first tins first. I want to sincerely apologize becos I been follow for d ppl way lash dat time way u open thread abt ur broke boyfriend, rememba? cheesy

Sori for totally underating u. I no been know say u get sense like dis. Chai! U be beta pikin.

I even feel like toasting u via bluetooth sef gan. Iyanmi! cheesy
Apology accepted
Re: Can A Guy Get Married With N100,000? by bukatyne(f): 11:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
obongproff:

babe, d guy go try sha. I think we've finally settled for 200k. He's just one of dose rigid nerds dat prefer to focus on d marriage instead of d wedding. I no blame d guy sha. He is actually planning with his salary and doesnt want to borrow or get financial assistance from anyone. So he's strictly making do with wot he has.
That your friend strong o!

Wedding is once in a lifetime and should be beautiful within budget

Anither idea is to do engagement in the moring with family only. Do white same day and serve take away after the ceremony (No reception. This eliminates cost of Dj, Hall and deco etc.)

OR

Do bride price paying ceremony with only the family; na fit drink coke after then do white and traditional reception on a weekday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dad Unknowingly Impregnated Daughter / Is Euthanasia (mercy Killing) a sin? / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.