Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why? (1959 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why? by SeaGoddes(f): 2:34am On Dec 09, 2008
why are men intimidated by successful women? shouldnt they be proud that at least they have someone that have their back?
Re: Why? by 25more(f): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2008
i guess cox they are afraid that their power and control will be taken away from them cry, since society tells them that they ones who should be in control
Re: Why? by Ben13: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2008
cool coolstill thinking
Re: Why? by eminemkayc: 10:31am On Dec 10, 2008
ITS A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR MOST GUYS!! DON'T KNOW WHY THEY AVOID THE LADIES WITH A FAT WALLET!!
Re: Why? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 10, 2008
Wasnt this topic discussed here recently undecided
Re: Why? by tpia: 10:43am On Dec 10, 2008
Re: Why? by CrazyMan(m): 10:44am On Dec 10, 2008
Haven't you heard the quote that says money is power. I believe most men want to retain that power when they get married that's why the go for low profile girls as wives.
Re: Why? by CrazyMan(m): 10:55am On Dec 10, 2008
A successful would would never submit 100% to any man.
Re: Why? by tmoney11(m): 11:47am On Dec 10, 2008
It really depend on the woman her self. If she's not arrogant from the start i see no big deal in that. but is it's someone that have no respect from the start na wahala be that oooo
Re: Why? by gaddafi81(m): 11:49am On Dec 10, 2008
crazykid:

Says who?
Re: Why? by origina9ja(f): 11:50am On Dec 10, 2008
crazykid:

says who
Re: Why? by origina9ja(f): 11:51am On Dec 10, 2008
omg
we jst quote the same person with the same question
erm greate minds think alike aliee
Re: Why? by gaddafi81(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2008
origina9ja:

omg
we jst quote the same person with the same question
erm greate minds think alike aliee
yes it does . . .  waiting for crazykid's reply
Re: Why? by CrazyMan(m): 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2008
@both above. If you're a middle class, go and marry one of Yar'adua's daughters and see if you still dominate your home.
Re: Why? by gaddafi81(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2008
crazykid:

@both above. If you're a middle class, go and marry one of Yar'adua's daughters and see if you still dominate your home.
And who told you Yar'adua's daughters are successful?
There is a difference between rich and successful.
Re: Why? by tpia: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2008
Re: Why? by omega25red(m): 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2008
well men are intimidated by successful women because we are brought up to think that we should and have to be the providers which gives us a little bit of control on our lives. On the other hand successful women (some) act like their sh*t don't smell.

A woman would marry a man who has money and status but if you meet a successful woman (some) they act like you are below them
Re: Why? by Andala: 12:48am On Dec 11, 2008
I don't think is a general issue wink
Re: Why? by jibbygirl(f): 12:50am On Dec 11, 2008
pls help me ask them o tongue
Re: Why? by jibbygirl(f): 12:58am On Dec 11, 2008
but honestly speaking, women share parts of the blame too. when a woman becomes successful,she tends to develop some characters that are note appreciated in a woman and a man as God created him (THE HEAD) takes such attitudes as challenges on his authority. angry angry angry
Re: Why? by tpia: 1:47am On Dec 11, 2008
Re: Why? by Nobody: 3:08am On Dec 11, 2008
Not every men. . . . but those that do feel that they'd lose control and captain-ship of the head of the house, I guess undecided
Re: Why? by sillyboy(m): 3:13am On Dec 11, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

Not every men. . . . but those that do feel that they'd lose control and captain-ship of the head of the house, I guess undecided

Remember, feeling is always triggered by an action witnessed or a reaction felt.
For a guy to act unsupportive to a successfull woman, something must have triggered it. . .and most times, the woman does by her actions.
Re: Why? by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 11, 2008
sillyboy:

Remember, feeling is always triggered by an action witnessed or a reaction felt.
For a guy to act unsupportive to a successfull woman, something must have triggered itand most times, the woman does by her actions.
Not always. . . .he can be paranoid.

The men that I know love successful women.

But some men "fear" being inferior in terms of intelligence/financial tot heir women. Rem, some men still want to drive that ship.

Well, I think you're also right. If his woman tends to rub her paycheck and Degree in his face, then. . . . undecided
Re: Why? by sillyboy(m): 3:33am On Dec 11, 2008
In as much as you drive home some good points, I must point out to you that, a normal man is designed to be in charge. Now if by circumstances, the woman has the opportunity to earn more than the man, and the woman does not take extra-concious efforts to be more humble than normal, the man is likely to feel "threatneed" and term as enemy of progress to the woman by pple and the woman.

A successfull woman should learn the extra responsibilities that comes with been successfull.
Re: Why? by Nobody: 3:41am On Dec 11, 2008
sillyboy:

In as much as you drive home some good points, I must point out to you that, a normal man is designed to be in charge. Now if by circumstances, the woman has the opportunity to earn more than the man, and the woman does not take extra-concious efforts to be more humble than normal, the man is likely to feel "threatneed" and term as enemy of progress to the woman by people and the woman.

A successful woman should learn the extra responsibilities that comes with been successfull.
I quite agree with the bolded wink True that cool
So what do you think of a man who feels threatened by his woman's success just because he can't measure up to her level/class, and the people she has "meetings" with.
Re: Why? by sillyboy(m): 3:49am On Dec 11, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

I quite agree with the bolded wink True that cool
So what do you think of a man who feels threatened by his woman's success just because he can't measure up to her level/class, and the people she has "meetings" with.

For them to be together b4, it proves that the man was once "up to her level/class". . . and something just went wrong suddenly wrong. And I guess u know what is ? wink
Re: Why? by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 11, 2008
sillyboy:

For them to be together before, it proves that the man was once "up to her level/class". . . and something just went wrong suddenly wrong. And I guess u know what is ? wink
Lol! I beg to differ!
As much as we love to ignore society, they do control and interfere with our personal life.

What I think must have happened is that they fell in love, not caring what society thinks, then got married. Later in time, society became a burden with its criticisms and ways of making one feel inferior.
If she is weak-minded, she'll begin to feel ashamed of her husband's inability to measure up to her "group of people" and the pokes of fun/jokes they continue to play behind her back.

Oh "I don't care what people think" bla bla is BS. We do care, we just want to ignore it. Yet, it's quite impossible when they continue to interfere with our daily routine.

But some just don't care, because they know that jealousy and hate is the key cause of criticisms wink.
Re: Why? by sillyboy(m): 4:10am On Dec 11, 2008
Guess we are still saying the same thing. . . ."Something went wrong"
With your submission, it proves that you have agreed that Women is laden with the burden of making sure it works when they are succesfull.

Let me ask you this; Do you believe that women are prone to drastic emotional, and socio-psycological change when their status change?
Re: Why? by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 11, 2008
sillyboy:

Guess we are still saying the same thing. . . ."Something went wrong"
With your submission, it proves that you have agreed that Women is laden with the burden of making sure it works when they are succesfull.

Let me ask you this; Do you believe that women are prone to drastic emotional, and socio-psycological change when their status change?
True, women are more affected because we're very emotional. But if her man stays strong and continue to support her, her mind would then be filled without doubts. Well, it depends on the individual. Does love help? What is love? A myth we choose to continue to believe in? Because if love exists between two people, why do they let society separate them? undecided

Sorry, ask me that question again, this time, make it clear smiley wink
Re: Why? by sillyboy(m): 4:26am On Dec 11, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

True, women are more affected because we're very emotional. But if her man stays strong and continue to support her, her mind would then be filled without doubts. Well, it depends on the individual. Does love help? What is love? A myth we choose to continue to believe in? Because if love exists between two people, why do they let society separate them? undecided

Sorry, ask me that question again, this time, make it clear smiley wink

Am so happy we both agree on something tonight. Love does not exist. It is only a shade of care mix with passion.

My question is: Do you believe that women are more prone to serious emotional and socio-psychological change when they think they have "climbed the ladder". . .
and that this change is responsible for the criminal nature that men of today perpetrates?
That the criminality of men is equal to evil that is dividing the world;
and that the division of the world will ultimately lead to the end of the world?
And that this deduction implies that "women are therefore, the evil that is most likely to cause the end of the world?

Lol tongue
Re: Why? by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 11, 2008
sillyboy:

Am so happy we both agree on something tonight. Love does not exist. It is only a shade of care mix with passion.

My question is: [b]Do you believe that women are more prone to serious emotional and socio-psychological change when they think they have "climbed the ladder". . .[/b]
and that this change is responsible for the criminal nature that men of today perpetrates?
That the criminality of men is equal to evil that is dividing the world;
and that the division of the world will ultimately lead to the end of the world?
And that this deduction implies that "women are therefore, the evil that is most likely to cause the end of the world?

Lol tongue
Lol, earlier I agreed that women are more emotional, but I disagree on the bolded part.
It's more of an individual dilemma. In some situations men are more prone to serious emotional change, than the woman who "climbed" the ladder, simply because they fear losing her. On the other hand, women can be more influenced just because they think they have control in the r/ship simply because they bring home more dough.

Oh plzzzz, they give men another excuse for exhibiting their evil mind!! Abeg, if men commit crimes just because they feel threatened, then women should commit crime when their men gives them little of their time. tongue

hehehehe, end of the world? lol, you're crazy! Abeg, leave that theory to those fake scientist and pastors out there. No one knows when the end of the world will come or what will trigger it. wink grin

Lol! How did I know it'll lead to the "women are evil bla bla"? I have my own theory: Men are the cause and women are simply the effect.
Men triggers women's emotions tongue MOST TIMES wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Which Of These Two Can Break Your Defence? / Virgins Or Non-virgins, Who Will Be More Faithful As A Wife? / She Thinks She Is Doing Me A Favor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.