Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,416 members, 7,836,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

HARDEST MATHS Question Ever - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HARDEST MATHS Question Ever (42844 Views)

Do You Still Remember? Who Can Solve This Jss1 Maths Question? Ja / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Maths Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
divAnnie:
chai!! I used to know how to solve this oo. One of my biochemistry courses had this same steps. Thanks bro for refreshing my memory cheesy cheesy
You are welcome! Constant reminder/ refreshing of concepts put in memory is very important lest it undergoes effervescence cheesy
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
cheesygrin
naturalwaves:

You are welcome! Constant reminder/ refreshing of concepts put in memory is very important lest it undergoes effervescence cheesy

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 23, 2014
Elantracey:

lol , yes I am .

Hmmm That's cool. wink
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by franciseromosel(m): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
I dare you guys to solve 2^x=4x....find x,I want the full working,not trial and error
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nastydroid(m): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
franciseromosel:
I dare you guys to solve 2^x=4x....find x,I want the full working,not trial and error
did you check the thread well? Your answer is behind
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
franciseromosel:

Hi everyone, I have finally solved this 2^x = 4x question in the most simple, straighforward way that is devoid of any ojoro. Lol. Find the solution attached below;
CC : Nastydroid,XXX5, bataderemi, 2sExy1, bayulll01,matherafo, dejt4u,Elantracey.

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
^^^^^^^^
The same method works for 3^X = 9X when solved to get X = 3. Solution attached below;

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by mathefaro(m): 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2014
naturalwaves:

Hi everyone, I have finally solved this 2^x = 4x question in the most simple, straighforward way that is devoid of any ojoro. Lol. Find the solution attached below;
CC : Nastydroid,XXX5, bataderemi, 2sExy1, bayulll01,matherafo, dejt4u,Elantracey.

hmm! interesting. let me check it out
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by mathefaro(m): 4:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
naturalwaves:

I'm sorry bro, there's still an ojoro in your solution o.
if 2x = p then
x != sqrt(p) ( x is not a square root of p)
you might want to check it out using numbers.
23 = 8 but the sqrt of 8 is not equal to 3. smiles
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
mathefaro:

if 2x = p then
Yeah, you are right, it should be if X^2 = P, the X = sqrt (P). That was what was on my mind. Although, I tested the rule with values of 2 and 4 and it worked, that was why didn't bother testing with other values again. Thanks for pointing it out. Men, I no go chop today o.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by dejt4u(m): 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
mathefaro:

if 2x = p then
lemme attempt the question..
Cheat code; pls do nt ask me where i gt the law from

2x = 4x,
2x/2 + 22 = 4x,
then, 2x/2 = 4 OR 22 = x..
Whichever way, x = 4 grin
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
mathefaro:

if 2x = p then
I think you meant to say "cube root", right?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
dejt4u:

lemme attempt the question..
Cheat code; pls do nt ask me where i gt the law from

2x = 4x,
2x/2 + 22 = 4x,
then, 2x/2 = 4 OR 22 = x..
Whichever way, x = 4 grin
grin
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by mathefaro(m): 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
2sExy1:
I think you meant to say "cube root", right?
nope, I typed what I meant. Any problem with that? but before you point out a problem check the conversation thread carefully.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by tobiak(m): 12:46am On Dec 28, 2014
The diagram shows 2 alternators (with in-built rectifiers and regulators) connected in parallel and charging a battery.
R1 = 0.0035 ohm, R2= 0.0055 ohms and the battery internal resistance
Rint = 0.0024 ohms.
The off-load (i.e. zero current) battery terminal voltage is 12.00V. Each alternators has a maximum output current of 120A. Alternator1 output is regulated to a maximum of 14.40V and Alternator2 to 13.80V.

Note: If the current limit of the alternator would be exceeded at the regulated output voltage, it will simply adjust the output voltage down to the voltage that provides the max rated current i.e. 120A

What would be the value of:

a) I1
b) I2
c) I3
d) the battery terminal voltage?
e) the voltage produced by Alternator1
f) the voltage produced by Alternator2

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 29, 2014
naturalwaves:

Thanks bro. I understand every other process used to arrived at your answer which is mathematically correct but where I am confused is this. can you explain the mathematical principle used here:

You say Let 2^x = P. That's fine. But how is X then = sqrt P? Thanks.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 8:49am On Dec 29, 2014
2sExy1:
Thanks bro. I understand every other process used to arrived at your answer which is mathematically correct but where I am confused is this. can you explain the mathematical principle used here:

You say Let 2^x = P. That's fine. But how is X then = sqrt P? Thanks.
That's what we are saying bro. The rule I used there is wrong.I hurriedly tested it for two values and it worked, so, I didn't bother testing for other values again until mathefero pointed it out. I tested it for values of 2 and 4 . E.g. If 2^(X) = 4, I said X = sqrt 4 = 2 and if 2^ (X) = 16, X = sqrt of 16 = 4. Unfortunately, it was just a coincidence that we got the same answer as the rule is wrong. When you test it with 2 ^ (X) = 8, you know X is supposed to be = 3. If I now say, X = sqrt 8, I won't get 3.So, the rule I used is wrong and we have to find another way to solve that problem.

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 29, 2014
naturalwaves:

That's what we are saying bro. The rule I used there is wrong. I hurriedly tested it for two values and it worked, so, I didn't bother testing for other values again until mathefero pointed it out. I tested it for values of 2 and 4 . E.g. If 2^(X) = 4, I said X = sqrt 4 = 2 and if 2^ (X) = 16, X = sqrt of 16 = 4. Unfortunately, it was just a coincidence that we got the same answer as the rule is wrong. When you test it with 2 ^ (X) = 8, you know X is supposed to be = 3. If I now say, X = sqrt 8, I won't get 3.So, the rule I used is wrong and we have to find another way to solve that problem.
grin grin grin so do you agree na ojoro? Anyway, I like your love for mathematics. Thanks to you guys on this thread... it just had me going back to some basics. There is a method that could have worked. I cant remember but I guess it would be found in Pure Mathematics text book. That small book with red coloured shapes.

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 9:20am On Dec 29, 2014
2sExy1:
grin grin grin so[b] do you agree na ojoro?[/b] Anyway, I like your love for mathematics. Thanks to you guys on this thread... it just had me going back to some basics. There is a method that could have worked. I cant remember but I guess it would be found in Pure Mathematics text book. That small book with red coloured shapes.
Hahahaha. The ojoro wasn't intentional you know? I have some other challenging maths problems which I was able to solve. I will open a thread for it subsequently and attach a prize to it. Nice day!

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 29, 2014
naturalwaves:

Hahahaha. The ojoro wasn't intentional you know? I have some other challenging maths problems which I was able to solve. I will open a thread for it subsequently and attach a prize to it. Nice day!
Yeah. I will get some sec mathematics textbook in the coming months. Thank bro. Na equations like this I dey like.

2 Likes

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by combine: 2:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
easy question

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) / No Be My Nature To Dey Brag - Success Says In New Viral Video / Nddc International Scholarship Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.