Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! (44135 Views)

MTN Nigeria Changes Recharge Pin Codes From 12 To 16 Digits / Have Anyone Successfully Guessed A Recharge Card Pin before? / Why You Will Never Guess A Correct Recharge Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by daey118(m): 9:56am On Dec 22, 2014
cynthia3d:
bad citizen
And you're the good citizen?
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by ALEXTER: 10:59am On Dec 22, 2014
I wud nt even try it since its sinful.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by SenatorJames(m): 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
I did that child play last in 2002 in SS1, when we were yet to be thought Permutation and Combination in SS3.

Trying recharge card is like fetching water into a basket.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Blackeard(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
ALEXTER:
I wud nt even try it since its sinful.
what? How?
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by timmyblast(m): 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
Its all about random numbers generation. But the system is quite complex though as to u getting the seed to start with.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by keandre: 5:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
DaBullIT:

Picture of your account balance or you get the liar of the year award ? 18 straight trials ? They'd have blocked your number at least 4 times
not 18 straight trialz naw.. whch pic again? say the money still de dia?

1 Like

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by ceononi: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
onyekachee:
How can you guess 12 digits when you cannot win 4 accumulations in football betting
True talk...anyway, Never Say Never
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by icycoolmik: 1:57am On Dec 23, 2014
if you have ever generated prime numbers in a computer program between 1 - 100,000, you will find out that a lot of the numbers that you see on any recharge cards are either prime numbers, or multiple of primes.

with this information the probability of guessing the correct sequence of numbers on a recharge card is not as low as you think.

if you scratch any recharge card and reveal the digits, dividing any of the numbers you see on the card by the appropriate factor (either 3, 5, or 7) usually yields a prime number. grin

just don't get your line barred though. DO NOT STEAL AIR TIME CREDIT

(a prime number is a number that can be divided by only itself and 1)
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by DaBullIT(m): 6:21am On Dec 23, 2014
keandre:

not 18 straight trialz naw.. whch pic again? say the money still de dia?
grin
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by plendil: 6:27am On Dec 23, 2014
maafen:

You are making it simple, because what you have done is permutation without repetition, while in reality there is repetition so therefore it maths is something like this
for MTN for example12 digits: 12*12*12*12*12*12*12*12*12*12*12*12 = x

the probability of you getting a recharge pin correct is 1/( x - number of recharge pins not in use).
the figures we are talking about here is in the realm of billions.

You're assuming that there is only one correct pin, which is not true. At a given period, thousands, perhaps millions of valid 12 digit combinations will work. (i.e the number of possible outcomes is far greater than one). So the probability is not as low as that.

1 Like

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by maafen: 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
plendil:

You're assuming that there is only one correct pin, which is not true. At a given period, thousands, perhaps millions of valid 12 digit combinations will work. (i.e the number of possible outcomes is far greater than one). So the probability is not as low as that.
No I am assuming that you will try one pin at a time. That is the pin you are trying to load divide by the thousands of pins avaliable. That is the probability of getting a pin correct and i can tell u the chances is very small.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Emeka71(m): 4:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
There is a limited number of trials per day to recharge after 3 trials, you will be barred from recharging for that day.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Samuel89(m): 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nothing is impossible. Out of sheer luck, I once guessed and I got #200 mtn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by gudluckgreat(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
onyekachee:
How can you guess 12 digits when you cannot win 4 accumulations in football betting

This is finishing!!!! grin
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Respect55(m): 12:20am On Jul 21, 2016
Op my younger sis once loaded man 200 abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Ladies Block Their Last Seen On Whatsapp By Jumia Travel / Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. / Cheapest Data Plans For Android, IOS And PC Users In April 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.