Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

The Incarnate Word ( I Need To Know) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Incarnate Word ( I Need To Know) (532 Views)

Nw I Believe Nairaland Have Some Devil's Incarnate.. / If Reincarnation Were Real, What Animal Would You Like To Re Incarnate? / Reincarnation: Am I really the incarnate of my great-grand father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Incarnate Word ( I Need To Know) by inaiduna(m): 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
THE INCARNATE WORD
I have tried to accept it as a Dogma (an unquestioned truth) but the thought keeps coming back, what if our belief had been truncated mid-way by a great apostasy making it one of the greatest blasphemy ever known to man but presented in the most succinct manner hence its acceptability.
We were told as Catholics in our catechism of the Catholic Doctrine (CCD) that “God is the Supreme Spirit who alone exist of Himself and He is infinite in all perfection”.
Now let’s go back to the history of the church, there was a council at Nicea, there a document of our body of belief came out, one of the best if not the best and most perfect ever written by man” today we use it in Mass between Liturgies acknowledging our acceptance of it and trying to keep the concepts it present, and it is termed the CREDO aka the Nicene creed.
Now I present to you a set of propositions premised on each other.
Jesus is God… (Proposition 1)
Mary is the mother of Jesus… (Proposition 2)
Therefore Mary is the Mother of God… (Proposition 3)
This is sequential, logical, sound and valid deductive argument but IT IS NOT TRUE!
Proposition 1 & 2 acceptable in all condition but proposition 3 totally unacceptable,
We still don’t know what came over the “holy see” during the periods of Popes answering Pius, that made them came up with certain proclamations e.g MUNIFICENTISSIMUS DEUS (probably benchmarked on the council of Ephesus (in 431 AD) and Chalcedon (451) work which the church strengthen with the re-introduction of the word “consubstantial” modification in the creed which is true in all ramification with respect to Christ but not his mother) to give the universal proclamation of Mary as mother of God, but for all intent and purposes that proclamation is the worst to have been presented by the church causing a truncation or better put a diversion from divine worship, giving God a second place and giving God a beginning (i.e. ”God has a mother and God was birthed” to those who heard it thus error was birthed).
The Bishops of old at the council in Nicea saw this and in their wisdom and through guidance of the Holy Spirit presented certain part of the creed to avoid ambiguity, of the aspect of Jesus birth they crafted the words properly and brought another word to existence and I quote “…He became incarnate of the virgin Mary and was made Man…”. They could have written he was born of the Virgin Mary but chose to use the word incarnate. Now the CCD defines the incarnation of the Son of God as such “that God the Son took to himself the nature of Man and the Word was made flesh”
Now if we say God has a mother in any way we wish to present it and in any way we might present our argument, then He is not God anymore, which makes this a blasphemy!
The Mass presented as sacrifice daily for the purification souls and our mortal benefits is so laced in every part with this error! Used in the Confiteor, used after the prayer of the faithful, even used in Eucharistic prayers (…with Mary the virgin mother of God, the apostles and all the martyrs on whose constant intercession…) and even in personal meditative prayers the second part of the hail Mary, (…holy Mary mother of God…)
The church has a great history and has come a long way just as one pope brought this error another can take it out, it is not too late for the faithful.
I do not write for academic purpose, I write within my limited scope of vision of the truth, it may not be written in proper and strict chronological order I simply wrote as the facts came to me and for my doubt to be cleared.
May God continue to bless us.

(1) (Reply)

IOU And How To Secure Admission There [updated] / An Ancient Myth To Laugh About / Character

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.