Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? (5609 Views)

Do Married Men Go Home After Work? / Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? / Why Do Married Men Run After Young Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimamanda_Ngozi_Adichie

Check out her Bio. . . .BEAUTY AND BRAINS!
Difficult for a TYPICAL NIGERIAN MAN to swallow!
Whether na GREEN CARD MARRIAGE O. . . only JEH-HOE-BABA knows!

Because I nor say she nor be citizen.
Something is 'fishy' somewhia. . . .Hmmmmm

But we shall not pry too much! cheesy

I already have. I know everything there is to know about her. cheesy I am one of her biggest fans. cheesy She is one of the greatest writers and an inspiring personality.
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by KanwuliaJara: 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
mutter:
Chimamanda`s husband grew up in Enugu even if his father comes from Ikot Ekpene. He speaks Igbo fluently and has the mentality of an Igbo man. He is a doctor but who is very conservative, but also a wonderful person with a great up bringing.
So I think that Example is not appropriate.

Bianca Onoh contrary to what most people might think really loved her husband, she was attracted to his charm and great intelligence. As at the time she married Ojukwu she had a childlike innocence and was not interested in material things. She comes from a good family and had a good education. So she has all the qualities to be an ambassador and deserved the post which was given to her to honor her husband.

Better!
Calabar men are quite westernized.
I would have been surprised if he were from ENUGU. . .it would never work! LAI LAI!!!
We will not have to elaborate on such a sure 'domestic fiasco'! cheesy
What example is not appropriate? undecided

Bianca Ojukwu. . . .and child-like inno wetin? shocked
Let us not derail this thread further please.
There is something inherently sickening about those TWO together! grin

I don't know any 'CHILDLIKE' INNOCENT GIRL that will be BRAVE ENOUGH TO CARRY THE BLOKOS OF A MAN BIGGER THAN THAT OF HER FATHER'S!
She nor even FEAR to carry her papa friend BLOKOS put for her toto! cheesy
USEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELESS GIRL! grin
Married her father's FRIEND? undecided

With all her beauty without 'CLASS'. . . she married HER FATHER'S FRIEND? cry
HMMMMMMM! I fear dat ghyeeeeeh!
Nne. . . please! DROP AM DIA!
Thank you! kiss
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by KanwuliaJara: 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I already have. I know everything there is to know about her. cheesy I am one of her biggest fans. cheesy She is one of the greatest writers and an inspiring personality.

Her name used to scare me.
Because I could not really pronounce it good.
I kept calling her 'SALAMANDER'! grin
When I decided to pay her some attention. . . . I WAS LIKE WOOOOW!!!!!
This girl is BRILLLLLLLLLLLIANT!
She comes from a well-educated and close knit family.

In short. . .SHE IS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! kiss
. . . .And soooooooooooooooooo BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!

Hmmmmmmm!
Glad she married a refined creature!
HE LOOKS VERY MIXED TOO! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
She got married not quite long. so,the husband is not the reason for her success and he is the one whom everyone thinks he married her because of her success if we have to call someone a gold digger here but i think he is a real man who isn't intimidated by a successful confident woman unlike most African especially Nigerian men.
As for retaining her maiden name,its a long aged Igbo tradition which i still dont know why it is not practised till date.

As for the "country chickens",yes its true most Igbo men are not comfortable settling down with a successful woman for fear of her not beign submissive and i see that as inferiority complex. But,i think that name best suits your lazy south south brothers who are looking for succssful women to marry and when they get a part of her money they divorce her!

KanwuliaJara:
This woman is VERY SUCCESSFUL. . . I did not even know she was married.
Very unlike A TYPICAL NIGERIAN WOMAN with 'husband and fruit of the womb' lunacy!
The only reason she is successful is that she is NOT MARRIED TO A TYPICAL IGBO MAN!(aka COUNTRY CHICKEN) cheesy
Her name is still ADICHIE. . . . !
Not Mrs. . . . 'HALF A YELLOW MOON'! cheesy

htts://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FGV3qI52k0

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 22, 2014
ladygogo:
Chimamanda gives me life. grin She cant be married to a typical Nigerian man; the marriage no go last. Very handsome man at that. cool
Hmm, great point there. Anybody married without typical Nigerian man mentality always lasts. Your intelligence is refreshing.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 22, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Says the girl who pasted her labia on nairaland. Your class is so plentiful, it is the only thing we can see.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by mutter(f): 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
KanwuliaJara
Bianca has all the class. She always did. The kids were all fantastic, raised by one of the most beautiful and God fearing, loving woman you could ever find. The fact that she married her fathers age mate does not change that.
I want to believe that without her husband she could have even achieved more in life. She was already well known and educated before she met Ojukwu.

I also think that it is very disrespectful to make such rude comments about the wife of a Hero like Ojukwu.
Besides I have always wondered about such venom about Bianca. It is just plain jealousy. Never heard such comments from men.

I kind of knew you would have only cmpliments about Chimamandas husband because he has white blood in him, again goes back to my theory that you have some kind of complex about being black.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by coogar: 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2014
Timbuktou:
Says the girl who pasted her labia on nairaland. Your class is so plentiful, it is the only thing we can see.

i see it differently....
one thing you cannot take away from kanwulia is her consistency. she talks the talk & walks the walk. what you see is what you get. i sincerely believe her love for chimamanda.

in one of chimamanda's musings, she criticised the fact that girls had to be constantly told to cover their legs in public. kanwulia simply followed the guidelines of her role model when she posted that picture.

the real hypocrites here are the ones who call themselves naija feminists(disciples of chimamanda) and still had the gall to criticise kanwulia's actions on that thread. what is decent or indecent is subjective - consistency is the key.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by KanwuliaJara: 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
mutter:
KanwuliaJara
Bianca has all the class. She always did. The kids were all fantastic, raised by one of the most beautiful and God fearing, loving woman you could ever find. The fact that she married her fathers age mate does not change that.
I want to believe that without her husband she could have even achieved more in life. She was already well known and educated before she met Ojukwu.

I also think that it is very disrespectful to make such rude comments about the wife of a Hero like Ojukwu.
Besides I have always wondered about such venom about Bianca. It is just plain jealousy. Never heard such comments from men.

I kind of knew you would have only cmpliments about Chimamandas husband because he has white blood in him, again goes back to my theory that you have some kind of complex about being black.

Thank you!
I stand corrected.
Apologies. kiss
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by KanwuliaJara: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
Peppyluv:
She got married not quite long. so,the husband is not the reason for her success and he is the one whom everyone thinks he married her because of her success if we have to call someone a gold digger here but i think he is a real man who isn't intimidated by a successful confident woman unlike most African especially Nigerian men.
As for retaining her maiden name,its a long aged Igbo tradition which i still dont know why it is not practised till date.

As for the "country chickens",yes its true most Igbo men are not comfortable settling down with a successful woman for fear of her not beign submissive and i see that as inferiority complex. But,i think that name best suits your lazy south south brothers who are looking for succssful women to marry and when they get a part of her money they divorce her!

Thank you!
Happy Holidays!kiss
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by baby124: 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
This woman is VERY SUCCESSFUL. . . I did not even know she was married.
Very unlike A TYPICAL NIGERIAN WOMAN with 'husband and fruit of the womb' lunacy!
The only reason she is successful is that she is NOT MARRIED TO A TYPICAL IGBO MAN!(aka COUNTRY CHICKEN) cheesy
Her name is still ADICHIE. . . . !
Not Mrs. . . . 'HALF A YELLOW MOON'! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FGV3qI52k0
Lmao at country chicken. Igbo and Yoruba people don hear am for your hand
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by KanwuliaJara: 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
Timbuktou:

Oh?
Na only LABIABIA you see? shocked
S-EXPRESSSSSSS train lef you for 2012 be dat o! grin
Na 2013 you go celebrate in 10 days!
Poooooor you!

Na who teh you say na my own sef? wink

As for "class"?, I prefer RAW TRASSSSSH O!!!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
coogar:

i see it differently....
one thing you cannot take away from kanwulia is her consistency. she talks the talk & walks the walk. what you see is what you get. i sincerely believe her love for chimamanda.

in one of chimamanda's musings, she criticised the fact that girls had to be constantly told to cover their legs in public. kanwulia simply followed the guidelines of her role model when she posted that picture.

the real hypocrites here are the ones who call themselves naija feminists(disciples of chimamanda) and still had the gall to criticise kanwulia's actions on that thread. what is decent or indecent is subjective - consistency is the key.
Nah, they're all the same, frauds and charlatans all of them. They are no more feminists than I am an engineer because I can operate complex machines.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by KanwuliaJara: 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
coogar:

i see it differently....
[size=20pt]one thing you cannot take away from kanwulia is her consistency.[/size] she talks the talk & walks the walk. what you see is what you get. i sincerely believe her love for chimamanda.

the real hypocrites here are the ones who call themselves naija feminists(disciples of chimamanda) and still had the gall to criticise kanwulia's actions on that thread. what is decent or indecent is subjective - [size=20pt]consistency is the key.[/size]

[size=20pt]100000000000000000 GBOSAS!!!![/size]

The same yesterday. . .today. . . tomorrow. . . and forever!!!

'I STAN BY'!
EHN-EHN? CONGA!!!!
Adebisi CONGA!!!! cool

*off to do my 'CHRISTMAS NAILS'!!!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by ladygogo: 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
Timbuktou:
Hmm, great point there. Anybody married without typical Nigerian man mentality always lasts. Your intelligence is refreshing.

I said chimamanda cant be married to a typical Nigerian man. You can make of my post what you may. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by Stillfire: 9:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
cheesy

[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUKEp2_QbiA[/img]

A great thread worthy of posting in by me, after being assailed by the fishy-brained (pun intended), non intellectual discourse of smelly vag..inas by the cerebrally deficient crew of this section.

It is highly important as you allude to, to highlight the crippling effects of marriage, on the girl child made possible by being entangled with an unsupportive spouse. And when you introduce the African tradition in the mix you get a degrading effect on the girl’s psyche. I have seen brilliant girls abandon their intellectual dominance as a result of marriage for reasons best known to the demons they got married to. My advice to upcoming intelligent girls is to never ever mix their genes with intellectually and socially inferior men. Be very very flexible with your dating pool, be open to other races. Don't go and spoil your genetic makeup because the guy is from your village. Let the unemasculated African men marry the ones in that video who would do anything to be Mrs. grin

Merry christmas everyone! Lemme go enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by SAMBARRY: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
To you she talks to much but to me she makes COGENT SENSE.how come you didn't say people like fela or fani kayode talk to much. Anyway merry Xmas o tongue
SirShymex:
Lol, take a look at the 2nd paragraph of Chimanmanda's quote where she asserted that, "we teach women shame - close your legs, cover yourself!"

If I may ask, is she in an open relationship/marriage where she's allowed to open her legs to all and sundry? - and why is she always extremely covered up? grin

Her rhetoric is hysterical since she doesn't practise what she preaches - a classic case of a disingenuous woman.

Anyway, I can't knock her hustle cos she's trying to sell books, and appeal to a certain demographic. But the woman talks too much. undecided
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
SAMBARRY:
To you she talks to much but to me she makes COGENT SENSE.how come you didn't say people like fela or fani kayode talk to much. Anyway merry Xmas o tongue

Belated Merry Xmas, Kulyie.

My new year resolution = leave those who want to empower women alone to do their thing. Some men are nutjobs.

I shall explain in the new year lol .

But Fela = legend and FFK = arsehole
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by SAMBARRY: 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
grin grin grin please o do because I have done mine.my hair and eye lashes grin

let me just show you small grin

By the way merry Xmas . hope you are enjoying vacation with your family kids and friends like I am cheesy

unfortunately harmattan and dust Don let sore throat dey disturb me sha but it is not spoiling the fun grin

KanwuliaJara:

[size=20pt]100000000000000000 GBOSAS!!!![/size]

The same yesterday. . .today. . . tomorrow. . . and forever!!!

'I STAN BY'!
EHN-EHN? CONGO
Adebisi CONGA!!!! cool

*off to do my 'CHRISTMAS NAILS'!!!!! cool

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by SAMBARRY: 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
So fela the nudist is your legend grin

what's the difference between ffk and fela.they are birds of the same feather. They both talk to much . them no isr hot water burn them mouth for small grin

So how are you enjoying your Xmas. Shey Harmatan no dey disturb you for your end ni grin
SirShymex:

Belated Merry Xmas, Kulyie.

My new year resolution = leave those who want to empower women alone to do their thing. Some men are nutjobs.

I shall explain in the new year lol .

But Fela = legend and FFK = arsehole
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by SAMBARRY: 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
I am telling you. Assuming she married a bush meat that will have been the end of her career grin
KanwuliaJara:

Her name used to scare me.
Because I could not really pronounce it good.
I kept calling her 'SALAMANDER'! grin
When I decided to pay her some attention. . . . I WAS LIKE WOOOOW!!!!!
This girl is BRILLLLLLLLLLLIANT!
She comes from a well-educated and close knit family.

In short. . .SHE IS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! kiss
. . . .And soooooooooooooooooo BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!

Hmmmmmmm!
Glad she married a refined creature!
HE LOOKS VERY MIXED TOO! wink
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by SAMBARRY: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
Wait let me get something straight kanwulia. Is it because she married her father's friend that is your issue or sje reaped were she didn't sow or she's not intelligent. Which one?
KanwuliaJara:

Better!
Calabar men are quite westernized.
I would have been surprised if he were from ENUGU. . .it would never work! LAI LAI!!!
We will not have to elaborate on such a sure 'domestic fiasco'! cheesy
What example is not appropriate? undecided

Bianca Ojukwu. . . .and child-like inno wetin? shocked
Let us not derail this thread further please.
There is something inherently sickening about those TWO together! grin

I don't know any 'CHILDLIKE' INNOCENT GIRL that will be BRAVE ENOUGH TO CARRY THE BLOKOS OF A MAN BIGGER THAN THAT OF HER FATHER'S!
She nor even FEAR to carry her papa friend BLOKOS put for her toto! cheesy
USEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELESS GIRL! grin
Married her father's FRIEND? undecided

HMMMMMMM! I fear dat ghyeeeeeh!
Nne. . . please! DROP AM DIA!
Thank you! kiss
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
SAMBARRY:
So fela the nudist is your legend grin

what's the difference between ffk and fela.they are birds of the same feather. They both talk to much . them no isr hot water burn them mouth for small grin

So how are you enjoying your Xmas. Shey Harmatan no dey disturb you for your end ni grin

Fela is biggest artist to ever come out Africa, and also the most sampled.

FFK is an arsehole - a typical Nigerian like the louts who populate this forum lol.
Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by SAMBARRY: 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
I am soooooo with you on this. You have just nailed it no wonder all of them have fled grin

after all chimanda is living the talk

KanwuliaJara:

Please ask am o!
Here I am SUFFERING to come up with original threads by promoting self-esteem in women and being accused of having an unspecified 'mentality'! undecided
All most Nigerian men want is to see women divided, so they can be jumping from miserable poohsie to submissive poohsie! cheesy
I opened a thread to state that POWERFUL WOMEN ARE TRUE FEMINISTS against ALL ODDS. . . .

I don't understand some of these NL posters I swear! grin

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by SAMBARRY: 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
After all

Re: Why Do Married Nigerian Women DIE In Poverty? by SAMBARRY: 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
SirShymex:

Fela is biggest artist to ever come out Africa, and also the most sampled.

FFK is an arsehole - a typical Nigerian like the louts who populate this forum lol.
thank God you know

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Issue Leading You To Depression Now! Intelligent Minds Only / Marriage Vows: A Traditional Or Religious Thing? / Is Experience Really The Best Teacher?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.