Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North (38376 Views)

Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / Boko Haram Not Sponsored By Anti-jonathan Politicians — US Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by lionduke(m): 6:28am On Dec 22, 2014
they would never see anything good in him, just because he is a Christian, from an ijaw minority tribe.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Agimor(m): 6:29am On Dec 22, 2014
My people what do you expect,he actually failed to deliver.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by DesChyko: 6:29am On Dec 22, 2014
Not surprising.

Even in the 2011 elections, he lost sixteen states in or affiliated to that region.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Deiok(m): 6:29am On Dec 22, 2014
No matter what they say. Sai buhari for president come feb. 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by zuma4k(m): 6:30am On Dec 22, 2014
GMB2015

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Realist5: 6:30am On Dec 22, 2014
GMB all the way jare...

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by AreaFada2: 6:30am On Dec 22, 2014
So threat of violence is now something APC people applaud.

Soon, they will deny that Buhari didn't incite violence that killed hundreds of innocent Nigerians after last election.

All Buhari needs to do now is return to his "soaking monkey & baboon in blood" to add to Boko Hari blood letting.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by ONYX5(m): 6:35am On Dec 22, 2014
mamajohn:
Don't include southwest sir and my mother's area of Imo State
anti forget imo GMB won't get 2% vote in imo don't forget they didn't vote in APC in 2011

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Guidette(f): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2014
PLEASE SHARE: The 5 Biggest lies President Goodluck Jonathan has told Nigerians.
https://www.nairaland.com/2053010/5-biggest-lies-president-goodluck

1. "..If I'm voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement, and if I can't improve on power within this period, it then means I CANNOT DO ANYTHING EVEN IF I AM THERE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS" - Goodluck Jonathan, Vanguard newspaper, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

3. “The excesses of Boko Haram must stop. That is the decision of this present government now. It must stop, whatever it will cost the government, it must stop. The military intervention in the affected states is going on well. There is no human rights abuse and there is no collateral damage with regards to security of individuals. I am optimistic that with the level of success already being recorded, the emergency rule in the affected states may not last up to the six months stipulated by the Constitution,” Goodluck Jonathan, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-must-be-defeated-at-all-costs-jonathan/

4. "I believe that the kidnap of these girls will be the beginning of the end of terror in Nigeria. We will surely bring their daughters back." President Goodluck Jonathan on Chibok girls May 2014
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27328003

5. “Over 70 percent of what are called corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption, but common stealing. Corruption is perception, not reality,” the President said during his 7th Presidential Media Chat
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160156-corruption-charges-ministers-politically-motivated-says-jonathan.html#sthash.aGWFtVXb.dpbs

11 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by gbodimowo(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2014
That's good o
Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Babaji111(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2014
calebo101:
APC: What manner of change?

The APC has been consistent in saying that the PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years in which corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway. But a very close look at the APC, I am seeing

* Amaechi - 8yrs speaker; 7yrs governor under PDP,

* Atiku - 8yrs Vice president under PDP,

* Akume -8yrs governor under PDP,

* Bukola Saraki - 8yrs governor; 2yrs Senator under PDP,

* Timipre Sylver -4yrs governor under PDP,

* Audu Ogbe - 2yrs chairman of PDP,

* Aminu Masari - 4yrs Reps speaker under PDP,

* Chris Ngige - 3yrs governor under PDP,

* Kwankwaso - 7yrs governor, 3yrs Defense minister under PDP,

* El-Rufai - 4yrs FCT minister, 2yrs BPE chairman under PDP,

* Oyinlola, 7 and half years governor under PDP,

* Segun Oni, 3 and half years governor under PDP,

And to cap it all they went to OBJ begging, a man who they claimed spent 8 of the disastrous 16 yrs as the maximum ruler of Nigeria to come and lead them on a rescue mission.

It is now clearer that APC is a waste basket of the PDP, where the people who created and perpetuated the "16 Disastrous years" are now dumped.

Please Nigerians what is the change in this APC?
May be you are not getting it right. Defection from a ruling party to another party explains a lot. By the way what makes them to be 'waste' ?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by philips70(m): 6:39am On Dec 22, 2014
chukwudi44:
Abeg stop including kogi, benue, plateau, nassarawa, taraba, southern kadunna, etc in your useless northern calculations

I guess you reside in all these places you mentioned to talk with this confidence. A Chukwudi for that matter.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by gists: 6:40am On Dec 22, 2014
What do you expect when people act before they think.

What do you expect when a president who is supposed to be a father to all open his mouth and say it is the vote of igbos that brought him to power. Forgetting that SE has the least number of states, the least number of senators and the least number of voters.

What do you expect when Clark - a supposed elder statesman - open his man and say opposition wants to kill the president forgetting that many northerners openly campaigned and rigged election for gej in 2011.

What do you expect when a president politicize the highly respected office of the CAN president in a foolish bid to rally christians behind him (forgetting that the country is split roughly evenly between christians and muslims)

What do you expect when the private jet of the CAN president was caught with over $9m trying to buy weapons from Israelis - (the southern christians would have shouted islamization of nigeria if the private jet of sultan of sokoto was caught trying to buy weapons from Iranians)

RELIGIOUS/TRIBAL POLITICS IS A DOUBLE-EDGE SWORD. IT WILL HURT THE OPPOSITION IN ONE DIRECTION AND HURT YOU EVEN MORE IN THE REVERSE DIRECTION.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Pataki: 6:43am On Dec 22, 2014
Not only in the north, even here in the south, Jonathan is forever gone. 2015, marks his full stop.

His name and that of his shepopo wife will forever be remembered amongst the likes of Abacha as a despotic and utterly corrupt useless, clueless being.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Babaji111(m): 6:44am On Dec 22, 2014
calebo101:

The APC has been consistent in saying that the PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years in which corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway. But a very close look at the APC, I am seeing

And to cap it all they went to OBJ begging, a man who they claimed spent 8 of the disastrous 16 yrs as the maximum ruler of Nigeria to come and lead them on a rescue mission.

It is now clearer that APC is a waste basket of the PDP, where the people who created and perpetuated the "16 Disastrous years" are now dumped.

May be you are not getting it right. Defection from a ruling party to another party explains a lot. By the way what makes them to be 'waste' ? Don't you think PDP would love to have them back at all cost? Too late...UP APC!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by abdulnabdul: 6:45am On Dec 22, 2014
Pdp shud forget d next election.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Edusouls(m): 6:47am On Dec 22, 2014
nigerians are tired of jonathan, we all can see that, those still strongly supporting jona,are blind people that are blinded with tribalism and corruption and not a change for the better tommorow, imagine how people loot public money with impunity without being prosecuted,instead they get rewarded and encouraged to do more,while our citizens lavish in poverty and disdain,is this the way we want to continue our lives? When we have the oppourtunity to make a change? A wise man answers that question for himself.. giving jona another 4years is like deliberately blindfolding yourself while walking on the road.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Toktee(m): 6:47am On Dec 22, 2014
chukwudi44:
Abeg stop including kogi, benue, plateau, nassarawa, taraba, southern kadunna, etc in your useless northern calculations
Who said so,just waite after feb.2015 then you will knw that there is nothing like middle,apc will clear niger,benue,kogi etc,you will be disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by cocoduck: 6:49am On Dec 22, 2014
Babaji111:
May be you are not getting it right. Defection from a ruling party to another party explains a lot. By the way what makes them to be 'waste' ?
Look don't you even try to tow that line of a mere defection, okay? If they're serious about change, they should return all the money they stole during all these years they were in PDP, they were being given a lot of money those days they were in PDP, the same years they now term unproductive, so were are all the money they received during those years Mr.Ostrich, let them refund the public every kobo. Then I will know they are for real. If not, then STFU.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Pheals(f): 6:50am On Dec 22, 2014
arresa:
PDPpiges, see ya life? The chicken don land to roost.

You reap way you sow.. grin grin
u mean he reap wat he sow ;xo wil her w*f* wu makes student fail waec this yr cox of her english which rocks
Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by sufido123: 6:50am On Dec 22, 2014
For those who are wondering the following states are the Islamic Caliphate of Buharistan: Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba and Yobe.

There is nothing GEJ or any southern candidate can do to win these states. Even if he paves their streets with Gold, Buhari is the Khalif for life and GEJ has to concede these sharia states to a major proponent of Sharia in Nigeria- imam Buhari. If you challenge Buhari in these territories, he would soak the baboons and the dogs in your blood.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by HzRF(m): 6:50am On Dec 22, 2014
Kx:
What do u expect?
Did he not call all apc states Muslim states?
Did him and his Clark not blame northern elders for hiding BH in dia midst?
Even when northernans and soutthernans were being abducted in d north by BH, did he not allege they were false rumors that everywhere in Nigeria was safe?
Did he even believe Chibok abduction of school girls nor even attempt to visit the town after d abductions?

His actions and inactions has made him southern Nigerian president.
For all he cares, he does not give a damn about d north hence why should he or his posters dawn d north to canvas for votes he does not need.
Abi are northernans no longer janjaweeed?

Are u a learner or what
Almajiris school (that teaches maths,English, chemistry, biology E. T. C for the 1st time in history of hausa ), agricultural schools, federal universities... ,railway projects like KMPG
Tell which other tribe got such attention except monetary funds which d state government quickly to their own projects

Even ur buahri what has he done to help gov fight against BH other than put up a ridiculous nollywood drama and openly say shits until he gets there insurgency can't be curtail
If Niger Delta elder also stand on their ground that until a Niger Delta becomes the president crisis continues, u think Nigeria will still exist talk less of buahri declaring for the Presidency
Moreover we all know pa GMB fellow dullards whom he nd Other Northern elites continually plug into the circuit of stark illiteracy will surely follow him we all know that before

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Mathematical(f): 6:51am On Dec 22, 2014
SERIOUSLY ION SEE HOW GEJ WILL WIN THIS ELECTION.. ITS REALLY OBVIOUS, NORTHERNS ARE NOT THAT DUMP.. THEY WILL SURELY CAST THIER VOTE FOR GMB..NORTHEAST? NO VOTE FOR PDP.. THEY'RE REALLY ANNOYED WITH THE INSECURITY IN THE REGION..

THE ONLY REASON GEJ CAN WIN IT IS IF GMB IS MURDERED LIKE FUNSHO WILLIAMS..AND ION THINK GOD WILL ALLOW SUCH HAPPENINGS..

GMB.. ITS THE CHANGE WE ALL NEED..

PDP IS LOOSE

VOTE WISELY..

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Funjosh(m): 6:53am On Dec 22, 2014
Lolz Mynd44 you never cease to amaze me with all these ur rhymes epecialy that "one shepe on the wall" grin

Mynd44:
As usual everything is anonymous.

The day I believe anything Vanguard posts exclusively is the day I start listening to Whizkid
Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Rawani: 6:54am On Dec 22, 2014
If your roof falls several times, killing three of your children without any concern or visit by the landlord, do you think even the most suicidal person will agree to deliver the landlord's rent increase notice for him?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Funjosh(m): 6:56am On Dec 22, 2014
Why you they open GEJ yansh like this na grin

Guidette:
PLEASE SHARE: The 5 Biggest lies President Goodluck Jonathan has told Nigerians.
https://www.nairaland.com/2053010/5-biggest-lies-president-goodluck

1. "..If I'm voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement, and if I can't improve on power within this period, it then means I CANNOT DO ANYTHING EVEN IF I AM THERE FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS" - Goodluck Jonathan, Vanguard newspaper, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017

3. “The excesses of Boko Haram must stop. That is the decision of this present government now. It must stop, whatever it will cost the government, it must stop. The military intervention in the affected states is going on well. There is no human rights abuse and there is no collateral damage with regards to security of individuals. I am optimistic that with the level of success already being recorded, the emergency rule in the affected states may not last up to the six months stipulated by the Constitution,” Goodluck Jonathan, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-must-be-defeated-at-all-costs-jonathan/

4. "I believe that the kidnap of these girls will be the beginning of the end of terror in Nigeria. We will surely bring their daughters back." President Goodluck Jonathan on Chibok girls May 2014
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27328003

5. “Over 70 percent of what are called corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption, but common stealing. Corruption is perception, not reality,” the President said during his 7th Presidential Media Chat
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160156-corruption-charges-ministers-politically-motivated-says-jonathan.html#sthash.aGWFtVXb.dpbs

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Dreyl(m): 6:56am On Dec 22, 2014
Gej is already a failure and i see him and his wife packing out of aso rock soon.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by thegoodone2(m): 6:58am On Dec 22, 2014
chukwudi44:
Na waoo for all this yeye propaganda!!!!!Did GEJ win in the north during the 2011 elections?Did that in any way stop him from thrashing Buhari? Abeg make I hear word jare
but this time, south west support North. Buhari

8 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by cocoduck: 6:59am On Dec 22, 2014
Edusouls:
nigerians are tired of jonathan, we all can see that, those still strongly supporting jona,are blind people that are blinded with tribalism and corruption and not a change for the better tommorow, imagine how people loot public money with impunity without being prosecuted,instead they get rewarded and encouraged to do more,while our citizens lavish in poverty and disdain,is this the way we want to continue our lives? When we have the oppourtunity to make a change? A wise man answers that question for himself.. giving jona another 4years is like deliberately blindfolding yourself while walking on the road.
Yes you are very very right. But who are those Nigerians? Definitely not me nor any independently minded Nigerian, oh wait, I think I now know who they are, and they are the lazy born to rule people, people who cannot think outside ND oil money, the corrupt cabal who lost a lot by the removal of fuel subsidy, maybe the truck owners who do not want the rails to make a complete come back, etc.
ohhh you are vely vely light, my fellow anambaraians would say.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by Funjosh(m): 7:00am On Dec 22, 2014
Come 2015 either Buhari or Oshibajo na APC I go vote for.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by hushmail: 7:01am On Dec 22, 2014
calebo101:

oga abeg u deserve award for this analysis. APC is simply PDP rejected

9 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North by januzaj(m): 7:02am On Dec 22, 2014
I.dont think people are against Jonathan because of religion or tribe....people are against him because he failed them..... anyway #saiBuhari2015

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Daughter's Wedding Venue Decor (Photos) / $550m Abacha Loot: Fed Govt Set To Clear Hurdles / List Of Federal Roads In Nigeria, In Case Your Governor Lied To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.