Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! (2606 Views)

Photo: Caption This Bukola Saraki's "Support" Banner Displayed By His Supporters / Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments Split The North, His Supporters / Osinbajo And His Supporters On A Motorcade In Abuja On Monday(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by muami(m): 3:39am On Dec 22, 2014
"Things get a bit more complicated for General Buhari and his loyalists the moment you move beyond the General’s impeccable personal capital to other things you need to be acceptable to all Nigerians irrespective of tribe and creed. General Buhari’s loyalists are quick to insist that he is a pan-Nigerian statesman. His statements and actions suggest otherwise and when concerned Nigerians insist on raising that significant issue, the General’s loyalists, like Tinubu’s supporters, recourse to ‘eebu tins’ to sell their product. They curse and curse and curse. They rain insult upon insult on Nigerians for being simpletons who just can’t understand the General.

But the Nigerians who are being insulted by Buhari’s loyalists are not the people responsible for the persistent question mark on the General’s pan-Nigerian credentials. The General is and the blame must be placed firmly and unequivocally at his doorstep. General Buhari has done more in the last two decades or so to forge an image of himself as a closet geopolitical irredentist and very little to encourage perceptions of himself as a pan-Nigerian statesman. This is not limited to his healthy syllabus of northern and Islamic irredentist statements – his supporters are ever ready to insult us that we are just not intelligent enough to understand those statements – but also to his inaction. My stomach churns whenever I encounter pro-Buhari statements starting with such illogicalities as “Buhari is the only living Nigerian capable of this and that”. Really? Please! There are 160 million of us. There must be limits to hyperbole. And there is no greater insult than saying that 160 million of us are either too mischievous or too unintelligent to understand the repeated careless statements of your hero. Personally, I’m loath to have a President of Nigeria who constantly needs the service of the extra-talented geniuses in his core support base to explain his constant stream of misstatements and misspeaks to 160 million unintelligent simpletons. We must ask the question again: why is it that only fundamentalist loyalists have found the key to understanding General Buhari’s statements?

Now to Buhari’s inaction. We must ask his supporters: exactly where is Buhari’s national presence, say, since 2011? His statements, careless or reasonable, mostly get to the south of the river Niger whenever local journalists are lucky enough to monitor an interview he granted the Hausa service of BBC or VOA from his Kaduna base. I know that he was at my friend, Nasir El Rufai’s book launch in Lagos and was, also, recently at the funeral of Asiwaju’s mother in Lagos. If , rather than cultivate this broad national praxis in the service of my presidential ambition, I cocoon myself mostly in Kaduna, releasing northern and Islamic irredentist statements to the rest of the country in interviews granted the Hausa service of BBC and VOA, going as far as to carelessly equate a legitimate clamp down on Boko Haram with a war against the North, I should be prepared to accept responsibility for a certain perception of myself and work very hard to address the issue.
[b]
Personally, I’m not on the Buhari train because I am not convinced that we cannot find a Nigerian in the age bracket of 40-55 among 160 million people who fits the bill for 2015. As a friend of mine, Kemi Sisi Eko, once observed, there is something fundamentally wrong with you if you are a Nigerian in your 20s, 30s, or 40s and you insist that a septuagenarian is the singular and the only answer to your problem in the age of Obama, Cameron, Merkel, Harper, and Hollande. [/b]If I raise this issue, it is your responsibility as a Buhari loyalist to engage or confront me with superior logic and try to persuade me. Don’t come hurling insults at me, avoiding serious issues by claiming that I harbor some undefined animus against the General. That is the lazy strategy that General Buhari’s loyalists often deploy to kill genuine debate."
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/140406-eebu-o-so-tinubu-buhari-and-their-supporters-by-pius-adesanmi.html

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by Edwardhead(m): 3:44am On Dec 22, 2014
Buhari has been contesting for the post since 2003

We didn't hear all this craps

Why now?

Because it's his time.

9 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by muami(m): 3:48am On Dec 22, 2014
Edwardhead:

Why now?

Because it's his time.

Wrong! We have been hearing all about Buhari since 2003. It is for this reasons that he has been losing since 2003. In particular, his supporter of APC credentials have been on display since 2003. That is the reason he has has failed to get eve 10 percent of votes in the South since then.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by mistabiola: 3:52am On Dec 22, 2014
muami:

Wrong! We have been hearing all about Buhari since 2003. It is for this reasons that he has been losing since 2003. In particular, his supporter of APC credentials have been on display since 2003. That is the reason he has has failed to get eve 10 percent of votes in the South since then.

Very Wrong cheesy grin gimme the source and I will believe you tongue
Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by sufido123: 4:00am On Dec 22, 2014
this is a great article and should go viral! Buhari cannot be the only person that can save Nigeria from her maladies because the grave yard is full of indispensable men. He is not even qualified for the job of the president.

A few years ago, it was the butcher of Nigeria, Sani Abacha's rabid fans that were saying the same thing. He died and Nigeria moved forward without him. Buhari says crap and is very uncouth and full of himself.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by muami(m): 4:11am On Dec 22, 2014
mistabiola:

I don't encourage laziness as your Buhari does, so I'm not going to give you any source. Google for yourself and you'll find them for yourself. One of the things you'll find is that Buhari is "Perpetually Unelectable" said by El-Rufai in 2010 just before the 2011 elections which Buhari contested and lost.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 22, 2014
Edwardhead:

Why now?

Because it's his time.

Did you have that your tuke tuke phone in 2003 to read what others said?
Contesting and losing since 2003 you say?
Hahahahaha
You are not helping the man by that statement

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by Beesluv: 4:36am On Dec 22, 2014
What/who is Pius Adesanmi
Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by chamboy(m): 4:42am On Dec 22, 2014
When did Pius start making sense

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by pendy79: 4:52am On Dec 22, 2014
If PDP didn't print more than.one form.for it's presidential ticket, I know APC did and they.were asking for more entrant into the race.

Many political parties were looking for candidate to run on their platform, why didn't Mr adesanmi amd other idiots who reason like him offer themself to Nigerians before the deadline for submission ended by INEC.

Idiots who talk and reason like the fools they are.

5 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by manutdadex(m): 4:56am On Dec 22, 2014
very true bro..nice article..its so annoying d wat Buharians try to tell u somtin good abt him and yet it ends in backlash for dem...apc shud av done beta for d vice(a fashola wud av given den an edge) nt dat man! Wtf is he?

2 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by dunkem21(m): 4:56am On Dec 22, 2014
Unelectable is his middle name.

He has been beaten black and blue since 2003. It is the biggest mistake of the APC. A combo of two performing younger governors would have changed the political calculations but the sighs, sai's, likes and opinion polls on nairaland have continued to becloud their reasonings.

5 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by austinvsb1(m): 5:04am On Dec 22, 2014
Bleh bkeh blehh.. Nigerians want change, why is that difficult for some slowpokes to comprehend. Its too late to try and present a black kettle as white now.. Jonathan is wrong for this country in everyway.

Gmb2015

3 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 22, 2014
APC: What manner of change?

The APC has been consistent in saying that the PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years in which corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway. But a very close look at the APC, I am seeing

* Amaechi - 8yrs speaker; 7yrs governor under PDP,

* Atiku - 8yrs Vice president under PDP,

* Akume -8yrs governor under PDP,

* Bukola Saraki - 8yrs governor; 2yrs Senator under PDP,

* Timipre Sylver -4yrs governor under PDP,

* Audu Ogbe - 2yrs chairman of PDP,

* Aminu Masari - 4yrs Reps speaker under PDP,

* Chris Ngige - 3yrs governor under PDP,

* Kwankwaso - 7yrs governor, 3yrs Defense minister under PDP,

* El-Rufai - 4yrs FCT minister, 2yrs BPE chairman under PDP,

* Oyinlola, 7 and half years governor under PDP,

* Segun Oni, 3 and half years governor under PDP,

And to cap it all they went to OBJ begging, a man who they claimed spent 8 of the disastrous 16 yrs as the maximum ruler of Nigeria to come and lead them on a rescue mission.

It is now clearer that APC is a waste basket of the PDP, where the people who created and perpetuated the "16 Disastrous years" are now dumped.

Please Nigerians what is the change in this APC?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by anonimi: 5:28am On Dec 22, 2014
pendy79:
If PDP didn't print more than.one form.for it's presidential ticket, I know APC did and they.were asking for more entrant into the race.

Many political parties were looking for candidate to run on their platform, why didn't Mr adesanmi amd other idiots who reason like him offer themself to Nigerians before the deadline for submission ended by INEC.

Perhaps you should first ask your JagaBandit Asiwaju how many forms the Democrats printed for Obama's second term endorsement. Shebi he was at the DNC convention after paying $5,000 to get a "golden invitation"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by anonimi: 5:31am On Dec 22, 2014
muami:

Perhaps the guy was a minor aka baby all that time and just became a young adult only recently.

6 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by HzRF(m): 6:25am On Dec 22, 2014
pendy79:

General’s loyalists, like Tinubu’s supporters, recourse to ‘eebu tins’ to sell their product. They curse and curse and curse. They rain insult upon insult on Nigerians

This sums it up... Mofos

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 22, 2014
A very old article from the Prof.....
Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by signz: 6:52am On Dec 22, 2014
HzRF:

General’s loyalists, like Tinubu’s supporters, recourse to ‘eebu tins’ to sell their product. They curse and curse and curse. They rain insult upon insult on Nigerians

This sums it up... Mofos

I'm sure Pius Adesanmi is a Nairalander cheesy
Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by p3ndy79: 6:55am On Dec 22, 2014
anonimi:

Perhaps you should first ask your JagaBandit Asiwaju how many forms the Democrats printed for Obama's second term endorsement. Shebi he was at the DNC convention after paying $5,000 to get a "golden invitation"

Maybe a little bit more education would have made you realised no other candidate decided to contest against Obama based on his superlative performance in his first term and the killing of Osama bin laden made his rating go so high that no democratic candidate contested in the primaries .

Can you say same with your gathering of bloodsuckers? How many forms did the PDP print again?
Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by Remarkable: 6:58am On Dec 22, 2014
mistabiola:

You need source to believe that Buhari lost in 2003?

5 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by p3ndy79: 6:59am On Dec 22, 2014
HzRF:

This sums it up... Mofos
If only you know the meaning of mofos "you would have seen It describes the INBREEDING between your father and his mum through which you were produced.

Ask him the full gist why he was banished from the village. Idiotic nonentity .
Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by HzRF(m): 7:00am On Dec 22, 2014
signz:

I'm sure Pius Adesanmi is a Nairalander cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by Descartes: 7:02am On Dec 22, 2014
p3ndy79:

If only you know the meaning of mofos "you would have seen It describes the INBREEDING between your father and his mum through which you were produced.

Ask him the full gist why he was banished from the village. Idiotic nonentity .

Hmmm...am sure the writer of the above article was not referring to you? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by anonimi: 7:05am On Dec 22, 2014
p3ndy79:

Maybe a little bit more education would have made you realised no other candidate decided to contest against Obama based on his superlative performance in his first term and the killing of Osama bin laden made his rating go so high that no democratic candidate contested in the primaries .

Can you say same with your gathering of bloodsuckers? How many forms did the PDP print again?

How many other candidates contested against

- George Bush Jr.
- Bill Clinton
- George Bush Sr

for their second term

Save your STORIES and illogical rationalisations for the un-educated almajiris and area boys that your Association of Pretending Crooks, APC deliberately created by not ensuing ALL our children go to school!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by anonimi: 7:06am On Dec 22, 2014
ilugunboy:
A very old article from the Prof.....

..........but still very relevant and pertinent today.
Don't you think so

3 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by p3ndy79: 7:11am On Dec 22, 2014
anonimi:

How many other candidates contested against

- George Bush Jr.
- Bill Clinton
- George Bush Sr

for their second term

Save your STORIES and illogical rationalisations for the un-educated almajiris and area boys that your Association of Pretending Crooks, APC deliberately created by not ensuing ALL our children go to school!

Lolzzzzz defeated and uninformed trolls keeps comingup with excuses and dull analogy. You said OBAMA you got enlightened now you want me to educate you more.

Do a google search bro, I'm sure no party in the US printed only one presidential form . If you have such information provide it here.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by arsetalks(m): 7:15am On Dec 22, 2014
I read through the article. I couldn't see anything he was blaming Buhari for.

1. Most of the so called statement attributed to him is as a result of media mischief. Like the Sharia bullshit that is been peddled about.

2. He campaigns from the north? Why won't he? Isn't that his base? If anything you should blame GEJ for treating our brothers from and in the north as though they are not a part of Nigeria.

When has MR shoeless visited the north to console the families of those who his cluelessness has thrown into deep mourning.
Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by Pataki: 7:18am On Dec 22, 2014
Prof. Pius and Kemi Sisi Eko can offer themselves up for Presidency. Choosing to malign Nigerian youths in the name of intellectual dexterity smacks of an infantile disposition from this article.

Afterall, APC opened up their presidential slot for all both far and wide. Even the Leadership newspaper owner, resigned from his position to contest. We all saw an open and transparent presidential ballot system from the APC.

If Nigerian youths today believe Buhari can do it, who are you to be offended, when you have not even offered yourself for the same position, Buhari contested for?
Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by SeverusSnape(m): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2014
That's one thing APC Supporters got to stop- their insulting habit.

4 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by Justcash(m): 7:21am On Dec 22, 2014
It is indeed a shame that a party with a political gem like Fashola chose a septuagenarian that is known for his autocratic track record just for ethnocentric reasons.

IT IS A SHAME AND REALLY HEARTBREAKING.

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi Blasts Buhari And His Supporters! by tit(f): 7:25am On Dec 22, 2014
Mahdi Buhari is a failure!
Nigerians have rejected him in the past.
Kpata pata we go reject am again!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Now That Amaechi Has Lost His Home Front / Breaking: 81% Of Al Jazeera Arab Viewers Support Islamic State. / Daily Times Cartoon ; Dollar Beats Naira Hand Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.