Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers (9233 Views)

FG, Health Workers Fail To Reach Agreement As Strike Continues / All Health Workers Can Now Be Consultants-fg / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by kayboy4y(m): 6:39am On Dec 22, 2014
Realist5:
Same old story. but why does this govt always resort to threat and intimidation? Applying force where its not necessary can not solve this problem. The best way to solve any issue is thru DIALOGUE not by intimidation, force or threat. Our govt officials have to know this.

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by BabaEleko(m): 6:39am On Dec 22, 2014
Jonathan government is synonymous with failure and empty promises. I can't wait for Buhari to come 2015, throw every participant of this government behind bars where they all belong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 22, 2014
Nothing works in this administration. change is imminent.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Profayo: 6:47am On Dec 22, 2014
JOHESU is a JOKE.They just have this inferiority complex troubling them.How were doctors treated? If they were to treated as doctors were treated,they would have been sacked by now.Nobody is even feeling their absence,doctors still attends to patients,no wonder the masses are not talking about them.Clueless set of people.

13 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Wilson125(m): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2014
Ah jst taya 4 niggas wey dey reason buhari 4 dis lyf, ah swear..cn anyfing gud come out of apc? Jst akin tho.. bro more weed pls..
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by ShakurM(m): 6:49am On Dec 22, 2014
datbay:
This also shall pass....NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN and we shall hear of strikes no more.This is my prayer for my dear country.
GOD bless you! Bros, this ur simple prayer just dey enter my eye this morning. Abeg pray for me smiley
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by otokx(m): 6:52am On Dec 22, 2014
Profayo:
JOHESU is a JOKE.They just have this inferiority complex troubling them.How were doctors treated? If they were to treated as doctors were treated,they would have been sacked by now.Nobody is even feeling their absence,doctors still attends to patients,no wonder the masses are not talking about them.Clueless set of people.

Government should even stop their salaries.

1 Like

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by retepmurt(m): 7:07am On Dec 22, 2014
Yayale report is now out.Govt shd expedite action on it.
Make ur policy in the health sector and let the Doctors and other health workers know their job descriptions.
This shd be done in accordance with international best medical practice including their remunerations.
Anybody that is not satisfied afterward shd resign and seek emplyment somewhere else.

3 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by softandsweet(f): 7:12am On Dec 22, 2014
wabuk:
Thank God for the Long holiday
At least I don't get to work on the day of Christmas. smiley
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by symbianDON(m): 7:13am On Dec 22, 2014
this is just wickedness and insensitivity on the path of this hopeless government we are unfortunate to be saddled with in this country!! health workers have been on strike for long and yet the government is quite comfortable and have even gone ahead to depict a nonchalant attitude towards it. I presently have 2 patients lying precariously ill simply because we can't access appropriate health-care for them. it's simply sad!!!!
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 22, 2014
so sad!
GEJ govt have been playing politics and creating confusion in health sector.
nobody actually understand government stands in this whole issue. today they say this, tomorrow that ...plz come out and make a strong and clear cut decision like a father!

I have read all the comments, I didn't see where any doctor made straight forward abuse On JOHESU unlike what they did when doctors were on strike
... name calling, ...etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by drkay(m): 7:21am On Dec 22, 2014
JOHESU members should pls go back to work, we are missing them already. They are fighting for what they can't get. If not for anything, they should do that in the interest of Nigerians who can not afford to access expensive health care services in private facilities.

1 Like

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by crixlight2(m): 7:31am On Dec 22, 2014
Pillars1:
You Guys(Health Workers) are trouble makers always playing with Life of Poor Peoples
only God know wetin dem still dey fight for.. na dem collect money pass more than any sector in nigeria
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Dnaz(m): 7:31am On Dec 22, 2014
Day never even break. Meeting ends in deadlock
.Johesu should please take a sit where they belong
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by retepmurt(m): 7:38am On Dec 22, 2014
Profayo:
I dont think the strike is really felt by Nigerians.People have resolved to seek medical help in the private hospitals.Doctors in the fed hospital are idle nw bt still attend to out-patients.At least my uncle ws attended to wen he went for his usual clinic.The Doctors are busy making money in private hosp and smilling to the banks.Johesu have shut down the hospital by cutting off electricity and water supply.
Govt shd start by outsourcing works department in our public hospitals and starting to post administrative staffs from the center.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by wengerjay(m): 7:43am On Dec 22, 2014
This thread and its content is not popular.It shd be withdrawn from the front page forthwith.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by chukel(m): 7:58am On Dec 22, 2014
retepmurt:
Yayale report is now out.Govt shd expedite action on it.
Make ur policy in the health sector and let the Doctors and other health workers know their job descriptions.
This shd be done in accordance with international best medical practice including their remunerations.
Anybody that is not satisfied afterward shd resign and seek emplyment somewhere else.
best comment so far. All dis nonsense is because FG has refused to define the terms of reference or job description of all the workers in the health sector. A weakling government that cannot take right decisive action. That is y irresponsible group like johessu will come out and take them for a ride.

3 Likes

Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 22, 2014
hahahahahahaha

Larow:
Hmmmmmm! As a die hard Igbo boy, I say; GEJ till 2019! Even though have not really felt ur impact, I don't care how much I suffer, as long as u are d one on that seat, no Problem. Na my mind I talk o. If u abuse me, wooooo!
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Frenzydili(f): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2014
Profayo:
pls learn to respect oda professions,u don't need to use abusive words.ur opinion tho.daluuu
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by drey076(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2014
GMJ for president
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Enemkingsley: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2014
This is a very bad time for JOHESU To go on strike because xmas is near and election is around the corner wink
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by mistabiola: 9:10am On Dec 22, 2014
DesChyko:

It is quite sad that with how critical things are in the country, at 6:33am, people can still afford to be juvenile in their thinking and actions.

It's quite unfortunate that you've derailed from the main topic. But i'm very sure that if it is oil workers ,this useless & clueless otuoke man would have resolved the issue. He never for once care about the life and security of the masses. God bless Nigeria. cheesy grin
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by DesChyko: 9:12am On Dec 22, 2014
mistabiola:

It's quite unfortunate that you've derailed from the main topic. But i'm very sure that if it is oil workers ,this useless & clueless otuoke man would have resolved the issue. He never for once care about the life and security of the masses. God bless Nigeria. cheesy grin

D.I.Y means something.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by Vado(m): 9:17am On Dec 22, 2014
These guys should just chill. No parastatal of the civil service is having it all good and rosey in this country. Everybody is just managing. People are dying everyday because of lack of access to medical care. Federal hospitals are still the saviour of the common man in terms of affordability. Health-workers shouldn't be under pay fine but neither should other civil servants so all these strikes aren't the way forward. You just indirectly costing patients their lives.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by GENTLETEE(m): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whither Nigeria? There must be a permanent solution to strike as a tool of negotiation.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by ckmayoca: 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
Pillars1:
You Guys(Health Workers) are trouble makers always playing with Life of Poor Peoples

Oga, healths risks their own life also so if u r dying its better u knw what u r dying for. I bet u r unemployed so u don't knw how things goes.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by ckmayoca: 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2014
Larow:
Hmmmmmm! As a die hard Igbo boy, I say; GEJ till 2019! Even though have not really felt ur impact, I don't care how much I suffer, as long as u are d one on that seat, no Problem. Na my mind I talk o. If u abuse me, wooooo!

U r free to say ur mind but I bet ur thinking is so shallow that u don't think about future of ur children.. I bet u don't plan procreating.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by ckmayoca: 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
Shadyswag:
C'mon health workers u guys are committing unforgivable robbery by going on dis strike cos innocent lives are lost to dis.

Guy I bet u r not working cos u are working and ur employer promises you something since 2009 and u don't get, I bet u will be happy and keep ur eyes open so as to miss the next budget right? Blame the govt for promising what they can't do.
Re: Strike Continues: FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock With Health Workers by ckmayoca: 12:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
FG promising and failing since no 1960...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER & Virgin COCONUT OIL For Sale / Say Goodbye To Embarrassing Stubborn Infections With Jigsimur / ‘58% Of Nigerian HIV Patients Are Female’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.