Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

An Essay On The Giant Of Africa, Standing On Spagetti Legs(please Read And Rate) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Essay On The Giant Of Africa, Standing On Spagetti Legs(please Read And Rate) (713 Views)

Teacher Exposes Her Legs In Front Of Primary School Pupils (Photos) / CV Of Africa's youngest PH.D holder Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara (Screen Shot ) / Essay On How I Spend My Holiday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Essay On The Giant Of Africa, Standing On Spagetti Legs(please Read And Rate) by israelboy1(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2014
On the 30th of July 2009, while the nation was wearing the cloth of panic and fear, the northern states were on skirt of disquiet, the southern and eastern states were just filled with worry. The assumed giant of Africa has been stroked by a cancer which has eaten through her bone and marrow, which is far beyond the 4 walls of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre. It came like the early morning sun, all the headlines of our local and international Newspaper were filled with the news of Mohammed Yusuf been killed after a report has been filed against him as a Muslim sect leader of a so called group, which is totally against western education. What happened? Is a question which pumped like blood in my heart after which different research techniques were been carried out, the supposed personality who is totally against western education had a graduate education, spoke proficient English and also lived a lavish lifestyle “according to BBC news”. If this were to be true, why then will this assumed leader wash out the brain of his followers? Not even giving them a chance to experiencing what he experienced.
It all started from the death of this supposed leader, whose cause of death is still like a surprise to me, although the media almost convinced us that he(Mohammed), was fighting against the police officers, whereas the picture of him that was been shown to the public is of a man soaked in his own blood and been handcuffed. (What then are we to believe, the Media or the killer?).
It all went down like that, what seems to be an end to our panic turned out to be our worst nightmare. There are lot of things bothering the mind of Nigerians these days; one of the paramount is the state of our security. The government has been assumed to have carried out all what it takes in eradicating the act of terrorism in the country, instead of it getting better, it is rather getting worse and scary. The lives of citizens are now in their own hands. One thing that baffles me most when it comes to the act of terrorism in the country” is simply their sponsors and how they get their funds”. One thing that amuses me most is that since this act started, they are yet to carry out whatsoever investigation it takes in getting to the root of the problem. Our leaders embarked on the journey of greed, taking with them selfishness and self-centredness, while the citizens are left on the seat of regret, scared of surveying the land which ought to be explored and enjoyed, not knowing when the appointed suicide bomber would carry out his/her next operation.
Still choked in my own thought, I wonder what the Chibok girls are currently experiencing, maybe they are still alive or dead, “no one knows”, maybe they have been sold out or used as sex slave “is what I am yet to be convinced of”. What the government can only do was to meet with their parents, singing the song of lamentation in the hearing of those who are mourning, due to the absence of their children for the past few months. This is just so unfair, having a leader who is supposed to help us out in our own predicament, but all what the mass media could use in supressing our worries is just the updates of fresh blood along the pathway of helpless citizens, corruption has taken over the judgement seat, greed and selfishness has conquered the battle between honesty and dignity in the country, our leaders are now so economical with truthfulness, this is just getting worrisome.
We all heard about an assumed great man, who embarked on the journey of presidential seat, but wasn’t given the opportunity into hypnotizing the mass in voting for him, all what he could use in cheering the selected president was to “make the country ungovernable for him”. This same man came out this year to tell the mass “select me as your president, and what I will tackle first is the state of our security”.
NOTE: He has once sat on same seat.
I thought our past plays some part in our future stories, but should I then call this the reverse case?
We the citizens are now left with two choices, either to vote for an assumed un-performing president, or to one who cares not about the success of his running mate.
Parents are scared of sending their children to the citadel of learning. They are scared of losing their children in the name of making them get educated, marketers are even scared of going to market, so as not to go and trade their lives for death, and offices are shivering, not knowing when the black sheep would be sent on errand.
The solution to our present predicament starts right from me and my next neighbour. His success and greatness should never be the source of my own anger. Although we aren’t made to be perfect, but we can still walk on the pathway which leads to perfection.
Thanks.

HELP WITH FEEDBACK'S please
Re: An Essay On The Giant Of Africa, Standing On Spagetti Legs(please Read And Rate) by Omexonomy: 9:41am On Dec 22, 2014
Nice write up though lenthy.
The continus fear of APC and their footsoldier BH is the beginging of writing a lenthy letter tha Nairalander hate to read.
Re: An Essay On The Giant Of Africa, Standing On Spagetti Legs(please Read And Rate) by israelboy1(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2014
Omexonomy:
Nice write up though lengthy.
The continua fear of APC and their foot soldier BH is the beginning of writing a lengthy letter tha Nairalander hate to read.

you cracked me any way... i really appreciate the comment grin
Re: An Essay On The Giant Of Africa, Standing On Spagetti Legs(please Read And Rate) by motherlode: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2014
I would have rated this article as best if not for sentiments visualized in it and also wrong informations used to propel this article to what it seems!
1. The giant of Africa has been stroked by a cancer which as eaten through her bone and marrow = this simply means the country is suffering from bad governance which has led to so many problems such as economy downturn, corruption, insecurity e.t.c; when there is a good government in place, the right decisions will be made to tackle whatsoever problem.
2. The govt has been assumed to have carried out the necessary things to fight insurgency = No and Never, you can't be assumed to have done something when you have done less; GEJ has done less in fighting insurgency by not allowing the right things to be done such as limiting the ability of the Nigerian Army by not providing necessary equipments( what was the $1bn loan used for? ) and also he is not submissive to make collective observations on WHAT, HOW and WHY there is insurgency, we can't say we need intelligence when Nigerian soldiers fought the Biafran war with their INTEL?
3. Chibok girls = it's has been a question since girls have been mobilsed for bombing.
4. All media could help with is updates of bloody moments, corruption = Yes, nigerians need this in order to know problems Nigeria as a country is facing; i respect the media a lot but most have been bought to propel articles that POINT FINGERS the wrong and also it is on the day of ADVERSITY we know the character of a man and the President is currently showing his remorselesss character which we commend cuz it makes us know the real him such as campaigning after the day lots of children were burnt to death in their school, no solution after lots of job-seekers were trampled upon, no visit to chibok but a diverted flight to France e.t.c
5. We all heard of an assumed great man who embarked who embarked on the journey of the presidential seat but wasn't given opportunity but all he could do in cheering the selected one was making the country ungovernable for him = i know you are referring to GMB in this part of the article but i would tell you he never made that speech or attempt such; the man who made that speech was and is till a strong PDP member today as i make my comment, what has GEJ done about it ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, the statement was purposedly stamped on GMB by GEJ'S close associate to defame him but in response he took to the law court but was pleaded to by GEJ to abandon the case which he obliged. GMB obliged but has GEJ obliged to the several advice given to him instead he feels he is a fire that is unquenchable, since it is a man-made fire it can be quenched with a water from the canal.

I appeal to others reading the post by op not to misinformed by the so called article because it is targeted @someone and not broad!!! wink cool
@op you need to enroll for more learning the way OBJ did @NOUN grin
Re: An Essay On The Giant Of Africa, Standing On Spagetti Legs(please Read And Rate) by israelboy1(m): 11:02am On Dec 22, 2014
motherlode:
I would have rated this article as best if not for sentiments visualized in it and also wrong informations used to propel this article to what it seems!
1. The giant of Africa has been stroked by a cancer which as eaten through her bone and marrow = this simply means the country is suffering from bad governance which has led to so many problems such as economy downturn, corruption, insecurity e.t.c; when there is a good government in place, the right decisions will be made to tackle whatsoever problem.
2. The govt has been assumed to have carried out the necessary things to fight insurgency = No and Never, you can't be assumed to have done something when you have done less; GEJ has done less in fighting insurgency by not allowing the right things to be done such as limiting the ability of the Nigerian Army by not providing necessary equipments( what was the $1bn loan used for? ) and also he is not submissive to make collective observations on WHAT, HOW and WHY there is insurgency, we can't say we need intelligence when Nigerian soldiers fought the Biafran war with their INTEL?
3. Chibok girls = it's has been a question since girls have been mobilsed for bombing.
4. All media could help with is updates of bloody moments, corruption = Yes, nigerians need this in order to know problems Nigeria as a country is facing; i respect the media a lot but most have been bought to propel articles that POINT FINGERS the wrong and also it is on the day of ADVERSITY we know the character of a man and the President is currently showing his remorselesss character which we commend cuz it makes us know the real him such as campaigning after the day lots of children were burnt to death in their school, no solution after lots of job-seekers were trampled upon, no visit to chibok but a diverted flight to France e.t.c
5. We all heard of an assumed great man who embarked who embarked on the journey of the presidential seat but wasn't given opportunity but all he could do in cheering the selected one was making the country ungovernable for him = i know you are referring to GMB in this part of the article but i would tell you he never made that speech or attempt such; the man who made that speech was and is till a strong PDP member today as i make my comment, what has GEJ done about it ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, the statement was purposedly stamped on GMB by GEJ'S close associate to defame him but in response he took to the law court but was pleaded to by GEJ to abandon the case which he obliged. GMB obliged but has GEJ obliged to the several advice given to him instead he feels he is a fire that is unquenchable, since it is a man-made fire it can be quenched with a water from the canal.

I appeal to others reading the post by op not to misinformed by the so called article because it is targeted @someone and not broad!!! wink cool
@op you need to enroll for more learning the way OBJ did @NOUN grin

i really appreciate this... thanks for the time spent in analyzing all of the points and the corrections.
once again, you made my day. Thanks grin grin grin
NOTE: politics to me is like a fairy tale...not that am siding any side wink

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know That There's No Space For 'ING' In Pidgin English? / JAMB Extends 2015 UTME Registration Closing Date / Niger Delta 2015 Post-graduate Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.