Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,534 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Beware Of Pickpockets Around Iwo Road In Ibadan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beware Of Pickpockets Around Iwo Road In Ibadan (766 Views)

White Man Urinates On The Road In Warri (photo) / Man Crushed To Death While Crossing Road In Lagos Today (graphic) / Photos Of Pickpockets In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Pickpockets Around Iwo Road In Ibadan by booz(m): 1:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
I was traveling from Portharcourt to my village, but had to stop over in Ibadan to board another vehicle going to my village.

At a point, I felt someone lifted the bag I was backing, which made me feel my bag was weightlessness. When I looked back, I saw a guy in black round neck vest who faced another direction, in presence that he wasn't the one that lifted my back. At that point, he had successfully unzipped my bag and located my wallet. I knew he did it, but couldn't accost him because I didn't catch him red-handed.
The second time, he tried pulling my wallet strap, but all thanks to God, a little flap on my bag held it back.

It was when I boarded a cab going to Sanngo, I discovered what the guy had done.

They didn't stop there. They were foolish to have followed me on bike to Sango where I alighted, hoping they could finally pull it out. But they've forgotten it's from the same wallet I'll take my transport fare. I already had it in my hand.

As I alighted from the cab, they parked their bike beside the cab I boarded. At this point, I brought out my fez and put it on (an identity they were using to track me). At that point, one of them uttered the statement, ' na im be this'. Again, I couldn't raise an alarm, because I didn't catch them red-handed.

I had in my wallet, cash running to 15K, my American Express card preloaded with 20K USD, my atm cards and ID cards.

Thank God for the shielding.

Guys beware of guys in black round neck top.
Re: Beware Of Pickpockets Around Iwo Road In Ibadan by holatin(m): 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
why I dey spoil market for dem now.

They re doing Christmas shooping
Re: Beware Of Pickpockets Around Iwo Road In Ibadan by IKJ66(m): 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
GRACIAS. !!!
Re: Beware Of Pickpockets Around Iwo Road In Ibadan by Wisepac: 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
Boys ain't smiling

(1) (Reply)

Does US Embassy In Nigeria Retain Your Photograph After Your Visa Interview? / Destination Of The Week: Osogbo / 13 Best Travel Quotes To Inspire Your Wanderlust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.