Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi (2768 Views)

President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment / Amaechi Vs Akpabio Or If You Like APC Vs PDP (pic) / No Usual Big Party For This Year's Democracy Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by usibengate(m): 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
http://www.punchng.com/news/im-not-funding-apc-amaechi/
THE Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has dismissed claims by the Peoples Democratic Party that he was funding the All Progressives Congress with the state’s resources.

The PDP in Rivers State had maintained that finances of the state had become inadequate for executing development projects because the governor was using a large chunk of the resources to fund APC campaigns.

Amaechi had defected from the PDP to the APC after a lingering political crisis that threatened the governor’s control of the PDP structures in the state.

But Amaechi, who spoke at the launch of the campaign of the State APC governorship candidate, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt, insisted that he was not funding the APC.

He challenged those accusing him of using state resources to fund the APC to show any proof or bank account through which he was sending money belonging to the state to the party.

Describing the APC as a political party capable of funding its activities, the governor explained that the state had no money to fund any political party.

According to him, “Rivers State Government has no money to fund the APC. They have been accusing me of using Rivers money to fund the APC. The APC is a big party. So, it can fund its activities.

“I do not fund the APC with Rivers money. I challenge all those who have been accusing me of funding the APC to show just one account through which I fund the APC with monies belonging to Rivers State.”

Amaechi, however, urged members of the party from Port Harcourt Local Government Area to collect their permanent voters’ cards and vote for the APC presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, on February 14, 2015.

“Buhari can win the presidential election if you vote for him. Your vote can make the needed change in Nigeria. Buhari will make sure that the thieves amongst Nigerians do not steal your money again.

“He will then use the money he has saved from the thieves amongst Nigerians to build roads, infrastructure and fight poverty and create jobs for millions of Nigerians,” the governor said.

Describing Peterside as his successor, Amaechi, who introduced the APC governorship candidate to the crowd, expressed dissatisfaction over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally, adding that the exercise will be repeated on January 2, 2015.

He said, “This stadium has a capacity for 16,000 people. You promised us you were going to mobilise 20,000 supporters to the rally, but you could only mobilise 10,000, which is not good enough. Port Harcourt Local Government has over 106,000 registered APC members. So, you must repeat this rally.”

In his remark, Peterside urged the people of the state to vote for their destiny and that of their children, adding that the 2015 governorship election was not about ethnicity.

“The 2015 governorship election is not about ethnicity; it is not about our individual tribe; it is not about where you come from; it is about your destiny and the destiny of your children. It is about our collective future,” the governorship candidate added.

Peterside added that his administration would focus on four key areas, describing them as security, respect for the rule of law, infrastructural projects, the development of human capital and wealth creation.

Also, the State APC Chairman, Dr. Davis Ibiamu Ikanya, explained that the party would organize rallies for its governorship candidate in the 23 local government areas in the state.

Highlight of the occasion was the decamping of some members of the Rivers Mainstream Coalition to the APC. The coalition is formerly a platform on which the aggrieved 16 governors expressed their views against the PDP’s refusal to embrace the rotation of the governorship position.

Some of the defectors are Lolo Ibieneye now the chief campaign strategist for Peterside’s campaign organization. Also, the coalition’s spokesman, Mr. Sotoye Ijiye-Dagogo and some other PDP bigwigs in the state like Curtis Dike and Chief Davis Sab

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by micolaj: 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
Don't mind the Anti-progressive lies of the TANmites. They love spewing and advertising unverified and nauseating rubbish at any slightest opportunity.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by tattesco(m): 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hmmm
Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by chimerase2: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
Pathetic liar

1 Like

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by donphilopus: 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
He challenged those accusing him of using state resources to fund the APC to show any proof or bank account through which he was sending money belonging to the state to the party.

Amaechi has just dared these pathetic liars.

First, they tried to ridicule Amaechi for not clinching the APC' VP Ticket, but it never moved him. Now, they're accusing him of funding APC with Rivers State resources. Amaechi is ever ready for these people. Keep the accusations coming, I'm ready for you liars - Amaechi

“The 2015 governorship election is not about ethnicity; it is not about our individual tribe; it is not about where you come from; it is about your destiny and the destiny of your children. It is about our collective future,” the governorship candidate added.

This is where the Jonathanians are getting it wrong. Our brother, our son mentality. They believe that any Southerner who supports Buhari is evil. We should forget about our collective future and vote our brother who's not ready to do anything for us?! Hell NO!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by bawberry(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
Pdp would always be deceit, no time to reply them but to vote for change so we can improve our Economy.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by oziegbe2015: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dont mind saTANic people that want to tell apc who their vp should be. Abi they would even give us reciepts of the checks amechi used in disbursing funds to apc. They havent talked about how they used and dumped wogu, labaran, onyebuchi etc by not even allowing them free and fair primaries. Abi no be peter odili that gave rivers money to pdp yaradua election thinking he would be vp but they dumped him 4 the fisherman

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by oziegbe2015: 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
All saTANic TANmites that are possesed with TANdroic cancer should remember that the expired bag of rice you got from saTAN wouldnt last u for three months. The t-shirts u are wearing with the saTANic number of the beast would fade and change colour once u wash it for two weeks. Dont sell ur heart for maggi vote for CHANGE

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by adebayo201: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
“I do not fund the APC with Rivers money. I challenge all those who have been accusing me of funding the APC to show just one account through which I fund the APC with monies belonging to Rivers State.”

that is he funded APC but not with River State's money. I know this guy is rich even without River State.
Pele jare wink

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by usibengate(m): 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2014
The cross-carpetting from the PDP to the APC that greeted the rally today, is it good for our infant democracy?
Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by agabusta: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
I just like this Amaechi guy. I admire people who can stand their ground against oppression, especially from those at a position of advantage.

Lots of cowardly people beef this Amaechi guy. Just because the guy refused to be a sissy and follow follow to Jona and his wife.

Must everyone from Southern Nigeria be an as5 licker to Jona??

Does everybody in the north support Buhari??

Just because this guy is standing his ground, lots of Nairaland dafties will be talking ill of him and abusing him.

The funniest part of it is their cowardly rants that his political career has finished. Gullible people without a sense of history.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by theV0ice: 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
agabusta:
I just like this Amaechi guy. I admire people who can stand their ground against oppression, especially from those at a position of advantage.

Lots of cowardly people beef this Amaechi guy. Just because the guy refused to be a sissy and follow follow to Jona and his wife.

Just because this guy is standing his ground, lots of Nairaland dafties will be talking ill of him and abusing him.

The funniest part of it is their cowardly rants that his political career has finished. Gullible people without a sense of history.

Gbam!!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by muami(m): 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
usibengate:
http://www.punchng.com/news/im-not-funding-apc-amaechi/
THE Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has dismissed claims by the Peoples Democratic Party that he was funding the All Progressives Congress with the state’s resources.

The PDP in Rivers State had maintained that finances of the state had become inadequate for executing development projects because the governor was using a large chunk of the resources to fund APC campaigns.

Amaechi had defected from the PDP to the APC after a lingering political crisis that threatened the governor’s control of the PDP structures in the state.

But Amaechi, who spoke at the launch of the campaign of the State APC governorship candidate, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt, insisted that he was not funding the APC.

Describing the APC as a political party capable of funding its activities, the governor explained that the state had no money to fund any political party.

According to him, “Rivers State Government has no money to fund the APC. They have been accusing me of using Rivers money to fund the APC. The APC is a big party. So, it can fund its activities.

Amaechi, however, urged members of the party from Port Harcourt Local Government Area to collect their permanent voters’ cards and vote for the APC presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, on February 14, 2015.

“Buhari can win the presidential election if you vote for him. Your vote can make the needed change in Nigeria. Buhari will make sure that the thieves amongst Nigerians do not steal your money again.

“He will then use the money he has saved from the thieves amongst Nigerians to build roads, infrastructure and fight poverty and create jobs for millions of Nigerians,” the governor said.

Describing Peterside as his successor, Amaechi, who introduced the APC governorship candidate to the crowd, expressed dissatisfaction over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally, adding that the exercise will be repeated on January 2, 2015.

He said, “This stadium has a capacity for 16,000 people. You promised us you were going to mobilise 20,000 supporters to the rally, but you could only mobilise 10,000, which is not good enough. Port Harcourt Local Government has over 106,000 registered APC members. So, you must repeat this rally.”

In his remark, Peterside urged the people of the state to vote for their destiny and that of their children, adding that the 2015 governorship election was not about ethnicity.

Peterside added that his administration would focus on four key areas, describing them as security, respect for the rule of law, infrastructural projects, the development of human capital and wealth creation.

Also, the State APC Chairman, Dr. Davis Ibiamu Ikanya, explained that the party would organize rallies for its governorship candidate in the 23 local government areas in the state.

Highlight of the occasion was the decamping of some members of the Rivers Mainstream Coalition to the APC. The coalition is formerly a platform on which the aggrieved 16 governors expressed their views against the PDP’s refusal to embrace the rotation of the governorship position.

Some of the defectors are Lolo Ibieneye now the chief campaign strategist for Peterside’s campaign organization. Also, the coalition’s spokesman, Mr. Sotoye Ijiye-Dagogo and some other PDP bigwigs in the state like Curtis Dike and Chief Davis Sab

With all the money spent, an incumbent goverment could only mobilise 10000 out of over 500,000 voters in PHALGA. Even a blind man will know that this is a sign of total rejection!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by san316(m): 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
That is the end of this tell tale. those who thing he used state funds should back it with evidence.

No evidence?
Then shut up.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by BossAyuk: 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
TANoids over to you..Provide the proof of transactions or remain silent forever! Bunch of mediocres.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by HzRF(m): 7:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
BossAyuk:
TANoids over to you..Provide the proof of transactions or remain silent forever! Bunch of mediocres.
Also show us evidence that GEJ embezzled our money
Or STFU

4 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by BossAyuk: 7:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
HzRF:

Also show us evidence that GEJ embezzled our money
Or STFU
Really
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/20b-oil-money-missing-sanusi-alleges/

In case you don't believe Sanusi, your fellow PDP stooge NOI confirmed it.

http://jaguda.com/2014/02/27/video-nigerias-missing-20-billion-dollars-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-speaks-aljazeera/

It's almost a year now...Tell your clueless paymaster to act Mr.TANoid. That's 20 forking billion dollars.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by MudRaker: 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
usibengate:

[size=18pt]Describing Peterside as his successor, Amaechi, who introduced the APC governorship candidate to the crowd, expressed dissatisfaction over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally, adding that the exercise will be repeated on January 2, 2015.
[/size]

APC WILL WIN RIVERS MY FOOT! grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by MudRaker: 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
BossAyuk:

[size=18pt]Amaechi, who introduced the APC governorship candidate to the crowd, expressed dissatisfaction over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally, adding that the exercise will be repeated on January 2, 2015.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by BossAyuk: 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
MudRaker:

[size=18pt]Amaechi, who introduced the APC governorship candidate to the crowd, expressed dissatisfaction over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally, adding that the exercise will be repeated on January 2, 2015.[/size]
Good Development. I also think the exercise should be repeated to enable a more solid interaction with his people before the polls. smiley

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by MudRaker: 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
BossAyuk:

Good Development. I also think the exercise should be repeated to enable a more solid interaction with his people before the polls. smiley

Amaechi, who introduced the APC governorship candidate to the crowd, [size=18pt]expressed dissatisfaction over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally[/size], adding that the exercise will be repeated on January 2, 2015.

[size=14pt]expressed dissatisfaction over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally[/size],

over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally,

turnout of the party supporters for the rally

[size=4pt]turnout of the party supporters for the rally[/size]
[size=2pt]
turnout of the party supporters for the rally[/size]

[size=1pt]turnout of the party supporters for the rally[/size]

1 Like

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by BossAyuk: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
[s] MudRaker:

Amaechi, who introduced the APC governorship candidate to the crowd, [size=18pt]expressed dissatisfaction over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally[/size], adding that the exercise will be repeated on January 2, 2015.

[size=14pt]expressed dissatisfaction over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally[/size],

over the turnout of the party supporters for the rally,

[size=4pt]turnout of the party supporters for the rally[/size]
[size=2pt]
turnout of the party supporters for the rally[/size]

[size=1pt]turnout of the party supporters for the rally[/size] [/s]

1 Like

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by biafranqueen: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
You steal because we never stoned you loud mouth shameless snake!
In 2011, Rivers State fed allocation was 415.9 billion

In 2012, Rivers State fed allocation was 438 billion

In 2013, Rivers State fed allocation was 490.32 billion

Six months into 2014, Rivers State fed allocation was 99.7 billion

In 9 years, total amount of Rivers State allocation is 3.079 trillion

In 7 years, total amount of Rivers State allocation is 3.079 trillion

How come he keeps saying he did not finish projects because he has no money? He should check Tinubu's account He is a liar he only built one model school and 200 empty buildings are left scattered around Rivers, because he dashed the money out cash to his Godfather.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by GANJAFARMER: 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2014
agabusta:

Amaechi's case is akin to that of the proverbial elephant that was so carried away by the adulation,respect and applause he was getting from his paid praise singers that he failed to notice the big pit that was ahead of him.

Even when he was alerted by his fellow elephants about the big pit ,he replied to them saying .....'' I'm so impressed by these praise singers,the drumming,dancing and the applause. I would rather fall into that pit than stop the dancing and procession because I don't want to hurt my ego and lose all the praises they are showering on me.

Continue praising him - He just made a mistake that no Nigerian politician has ever made and came out victorious as long as Nigeria's politics is still divided and polarized on region,religion and ethnicity he is a fool that would learn through the hard way- Mark my words because time shall tell.

Aren't we all bigots in this country and a divided people paying tribal allegiance before Nigeria ? despite the fact that most folks like you are trying too hard to hide your true color, but we know who you are. undecided

5 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by HzRF(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
BossAyuk:

Really
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/20b-oil-money-missing-sanusi-alleges/

In case you don't believe Sanusi, your fellow PDP stooge NOI confirmed it.

http://jaguda.com/2014/02/27/video-nigerias-missing-20-billion-dollars-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-speaks-aljazeera/

It's almost a year now...Tell your clueless paymaster to act Mr.TANoid. That's 20 forking billion dollars.

See thinking
All this are words
Check those that have said amaechi was duped
Yet amaechi wants evidences, d bank transaction E. T. C
Provide this also

1 Like

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by Swizdoe(m): 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
chimerase2:
Pathetic liar

You sound so sure that he is lying......
Are you the auditor-general of Rivers state
Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by Collynzo22: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
You never see anything, next time you won't even get up to 2000. I saw how the coordinators were physically pushing people from where they were seating to the open seats behing the stage where the cameras were facing just to create a false impression of a full stadium, they still failed.
You better increase their appearance fees.
Hiring crowd will not stop your from losing sha.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by MudRaker: 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
Swizdoe:

You sound so sure that he is lying......
Are you the auditor-general of Rivers state

Do you expect Amaechi to admit that he has been funding the APC?

4 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by major466(m): 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
Of course you don't expect Amaechi to say otherwise. He will deny it. Just like he denied his defection to APC wasn't about vp slot.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by major466(m): 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
MudRaker:

Do you expect Amaechi to admit that he has been funding the APC?
That's it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
Collynzo22:

You never see anything, next time you won't even get up to 2000. I saw how the coordinators were physically pushing people from where they were seating to the open seats behing the stage where the cameras were facing just to create a false impression of a full stadium, they still failed.
You better increase their appearance fees.
Hiring crowd will not stop your from losing sha.

Mumu liar!

1 Like

Re: I'm Not And Cannot Funding A Big Party Like Apc – Amaechi by major466(m): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
biafranqueen:
You steal because we never stoned you loud mouth shameless snake!

In 9 years, total amount of Rivers State allocation is 3.079 trillion

How come he keeps saying he did not finish projects because he has no money? He should check Tinubu's account He is a liar he only built one model school and 200 empty buildings are left scattered around Rivers, because he dashed the money out cash to his Godfather.
Intresting...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Rejects Jonathan, Attacks Fani-kayode On Facebook (pics)- Cramjones / IBB Says To Obj That Fayose Is Truly A Bastard !! / Photos: Woman Steals Flat Screen TV, Puts It Between Her Legs And Walks Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.