Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

"Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan (9226 Views)

Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians / Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech / Download A Fraction Of Gej's thesis Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
bobasuo1:
Really

Yeye fowl grin
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Caseless: 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
Me too...
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by theV0ice: 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
Firefire:

How more cursed is Tinubu rule of 1999 to 2007

Papanpare oni ohun npa aja grin

how much was our debt profile as @ may 2007 and how much is it now?

How much was the $ as @ may 2007 and how much is it now?

What was the jobless rate as @ may 2007 and what is it now?

How much was a litre of fuel as @ may 2007 and how much is it now?

How much was spent on subsidy from 1999 to 2007 and how much have we spent from 2010 to 2014?

apa arungun omo ni Jonathan

11 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ko si ori yin ni be!

Awon daaaa
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
theV0ice:

How much was spent on subsidy from 1999 to 2007 and how much have we spent from 2010 to 2014?

Sorry, akotileta

This thread is not meant for educating your ignorance but to bully you to normal reasoning.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
theV0ice:

Ki se arungun nikan, akindindinrin ni pelu.

7 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
Eee ti po toooo, elo pooo si wa.
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by theV0ice: 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
Firefire:

Sorry, akotileta

This thread is not meant for educating your ignorance but to bully you to normal reasoning.

incase you're suffering amnesia, the thread is about any thesis, academic paper or just any publication attributable to GEJ. if you have any links, let us know. If not, go back to your coven and let your friends who might know answer

9 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
bobasuo1:

Amukunmeko, oje gbe gbogbo enu ee sohun cheesy
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
theV0ice:

incase you're suffering amnesia, the thread is about any thesis, academic paper or just any publication attributable to GEJ. if you have any links, let us know. If not, go back to your coven and let your friends who might know answer

Check the opening remark of this thread and tell me the OP is not suffering from mouth disease.
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
Firefire:

Amukunmeko, oje gbe gbogbo enu ee sohun cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
bobasuo1:
Ole akotileta

Bobasuo1, walahi ko sure fun eeeeeee
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by theV0ice: 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
Firefire:

Check the opening remark of this thread and tell me the OP is not suffering from mouth disease.

firefire, you can do better than this. The OP ridiculed a so called professor who measures literacy with paper qualifications and he asks him to let us into the academic and scholarly world of his principal who claims to have a Phd.

Now what has mouth disease got to do with that? were you not on planet earth and enjoying yourself when GMB was being ridiculed? how come you suddenly can't talk constructively anymore and are reduced to throwing words around in yoruba to deflect from the issue at hand?

Does GEJ not have any academic work published in his name? if he doesn't have, why not eat the humble pie and admit?

8 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
Firefire:

Bobasuo1, walahi ko sure fun eeeeeee
O sure ju bi o se ro lo, o sure gidi

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
I Can Bet My Last kobo Jonathan Never Went To The University! All His Certificates Were Forged! However we shall look into it, when we assume power Next year!

Purpose of this thread defeated.

How dear you open a thread and make such senseless comment about the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Honestly, I can walk you to jail with hard labour. angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by LogicPower(m): 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
I Can Bet My Last kobo Jonathan Never Went To The University! All His Certificates Were Forged! However we shall look into it, when we assume power Next year!

He might have gone to the university (of Port Harcourt!) and obtained all the qualifications he is said to have obtained, but anybody who is privileged to have interacted with REAL ACADEMICS, or even post-graduate students who are WORTH THEIR SALT, would surely marvel at GEJ's AMAZING LACK OF INTELLECTUAL SHARPNESS.

In fact, sometimes when he gives an unscripted speech, he sounds so uninspiring, so unfocused, so dull, so unintelligent, so unsure of his choice of words and, of course, so CLUELESS that I can't help pitying him!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
Firefire:

Purpose of this thread defeated.

How dear you open a thread and make such senseless comment about the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Honestly, I can walk you to jail with hard labour. angry
Give us a link, just one to his thesis and I will give you mine, it's very simple fifeforfire, ibi ti ko ba ti si Ile ni ati un beru ijakadi

8 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
bobasuo1:
Give us a link, just one to his thesis and I will give you mine, it's very simple fifeforfire, ibi ti ko ba ti si Ile ni ati un beru ijakadi

Logical reasoning lost on this thread undecided

I am really annoyed with that guy derogatory statement. angry

1 Like

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Sibabasibaba1: 11:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
Jonathan's thesis is already in the public domain. Anybody desirous of seeing it should go to the department of zoology, UNIPORT. Only when the person goes there and does not see it can the person question the thesis.

When Jonathan left the academia, publishing articles online was not in vogue. Besides, you have to understand that his background in the academia emphasises teaching rather than research. if he started out as a university lecturer, I am sure he would have focused more on research. Having said that, someone posted sometime ago links to a couple of articles co-authored by Jonathan. The argument by the anti-Jonathans that day shifted to 'he was not the corresponding author' as if being a corresponding author is an indication that the person did the most work.

While I will not in any way downplay Buhari's military courses, they are no big deal about it. Every military officer attends those short service courses when they are due--unless they are being punished or victimised. Nigerian Army send their personnel to such courses always. They are no degree awarding institutions and Buhari never got any degree from those institutions. You don't need to be brilliant to be an army general, especially when merit and professionalism left the Nigerian Army in 1966. Any average person in terms of intellectual capacity can be an army major general. We have a system where attaining that position mostly comes via years of service and rarely via accomplishments.

But PhD in any shape or form, comes through a level of theoretically/intellectually rigorous research.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by jaysniggs: 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
Firefire:

I can bet my last million, you are a dullard before you dropped out of primary school.

grin

Uhmm first of, your above sentence is wrong.
The word "are" should be replaced with "were" but then you still don't understand coz you in the real sense, are the dullard.
How would you foolishly bet your last million on someone who doesn't care if you're living or dying?
Some Nigerians talk so much nonsense with blazing confidence.

6 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
Jonathan's thesis is already in the public domain. Anybody desirous of seeing it should go to the department of zoology, UNIPORT. Only when the person goes there and does not see it can the person question the thesis.

When Jonathan left the academia, publishing articles online was not in vogue. Besides, you have to understand that his background in the academia emphasises teaching rather than research. if he started out as a university lecturer, I am sure he would have focused more on research. Having said that, someone posted sometime ago links to a couple of articles co-authored by Jonathan. The argument by the anti-Jonathans that day shifted to 'he was not the corresponding author' as if being a corresponding author is an indication that the person did the most work.

While I will not in any way downplay Buhari's military courses, they are no big deal about it. Every military officer attends those short service courses when they are due--unless they are being punished or victimised. Nigerian Army send their personnel to such courses always. They are no degree awarding institutions and Buhari never got any degree from those institutions. You don't need to be brilliant to be an army general, especially when merit and professionalism left the Nigerian Army in 1966. Any average person in terms of intellectual capacity can be an army major general. We have a system where attaining that position mostly comes via years of service and rarely via accomplishments.

But PhD in any shape or form, comes through a level of theoretically/intellectually rigorous research.

You don't need all this epistle. Apologies.

It is beyond the OP comprehension.

angry
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Firefire(m): 11:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
jaysniggs:

Uhmm first of, your above sentence is wrong.
The word "are" should be replaced with "were" but then you still don't understand coz you in the real sense, are the dullard.
How would you foolishly bet your last million on someone who doesn't care if you're living or dying?
Some Nigerians talk so much nonsense with blazing confidence.

Thank you. Fixed

Do you support also the baseless allegation
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by theV0ice: 11:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

One sensible person finally. Thank God you refused to downplay GMB's military courses but do you know Phd works can and are often plagiarized?

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Canme4u(m): 11:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
That serve 'em right.

Sai Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Canme4u(m): 12:03am On Dec 23, 2014
bobasuo1:
Ati AKINDANIDANI, GONGOSU, ESUDARE. O go bi eko meji. oga jolanta ebola obuko ti go ju.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Sibabasibaba1: 12:11am On Dec 23, 2014
theV0ice:

One sensible person finally. Thank God you refused to downplay GMB's military courses but do you know Phd works can and are often plagiarized?

---------------

Yes, PhD works can be plagiarised. But it is no longer often plagiarised because of advances in technology. There are different software that can tell the originality of a research work. All you need is to put the soft copy of the work in there and everything appears. An example is Turnitin. This, however, may not really be the case in Nigeria where we deal mainly with hard copies. It is unfortunate that such software are not commonly used in Nigerian universities. Having said that, remember that there are rigorous steps to awarding a PhD. You must pass through external and internal viva defense panels consisting of experts in your area of research. It is when the panels find you convincing that you are awarded a PhD. This is not to say that there might not be few cases of mago-mago.

Another way of awarding a PhD is the Australian style. The completed thesis is sent to two local experts and one experts overseas. You fail your PhD if at least two of the experts fail you. These experts mark the thesis as if they are marking a term paper and they grade you on that. . You pass your Phd if the three of them or at least two 'pass' you. They write a report stating why they failed or passed you. It is also believed that some reviewers might judge a thesis based on their own idiosyncrasies. However, it is also believed that there is a level of fairness if two people unknown to each other give the same verdict.

I remember submitting a conference abstract sometime ago. The first reviewer said it should be rejected for some reasons. But the second and third reviewers stated that the abstract should be accepted with no modification. The conference organisers accepted the abstract, noting that the first reviewer judged the research being reported on what it did not set out to investgate.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by theV0ice: 12:23am On Dec 23, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

---------------

Yes, PhD works can be plagiarised. But it is no longer often plagiarised because of advances in technology. There are different software that can tell the originality of a research work. All you need is to put the soft copy of the work in there and everything appears. An example is Turnitin. This, however, may not really be the case in Nigeria where we deal mainly with hard copies. It is unfortunate that such software are not commonly used in Nigerian universities. Having said that, remember that there are rigorous steps to awarding a PhD. You must pass through external and internal viva defense panels consisting of experts in your area of research. It is when the panels find you convincing that you are awarded a PhD. This is not to say that there might not be few cases of mago-mago.

Another way of awarding a PhD is the Australian style. The completed thesis is sent to two local experts and one experts overseas. You fail your PhD if at least two of the experts fail you. These experts mark the thesis as if they are marking a term paper and they grade you on that. . You pass your Phd if the three of them or at least two 'pass' you. They write a report stating why they failed or passed you. It is also believed that some reviewers might judge a thesis based on their own idiosyncrasies. However, it is also believed that there is a level of fairness if two people unknown to each other give the same verdict.

I remember submitting a conference abstract sometime ago. The first reviewer said it should be rejected for some reasons. But the second and third reviewers stated that the abstract should be accepted with no modification. The conference organisers accepted the abstract, noting that the first reviewer judged the research being reported on what it did not set out to investgate.

see what you said earlier

When Jonathan left the academia, publishing articles online was not in vogue

If publishing articles online was not in vogue then, how could any of the software you talked about help in identifying his works as plagiarized since they were not published online? He could as well have done mago mago without being caught.

I'm not saying he did mago mago anyway. I'm not even interested whether he did mago mago but a lecturer worth his salt should have academic papers to show just like a soldier worth his salt would have wars he won and commands he was assigned and i'm sure you'll agree GMB has no shortage of these.

4 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by brownlord: 12:28am On Dec 23, 2014

General Muhammadu Buhari has the kind of military strategic education and experience to deal a decisive blow on Boko Haram and end the insecurity challenges facing Nigeria. Buhari is the only army officer with the opportunity to command 3 out of 4 Nigeria’s army divisions as a GOC.

In 1983, when rebels from Chad took over our land, seizing more than 19 villages (much like what the Boko Haram is doing now), Major General Buhari led a successful operation as the GOC to push back the Chadian rebels and reclaim our territory.

In 1984, when the Maitatsine sect decided to declare war on Nigeria like what Boko Haram is doing now, Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari wasted no time in crushing them. Boko Haram is a descendant of the Maitatsine sect with the same extremist ideology and anti-western education philosophy. It is surely President Buhari that will be able to handle them: eliminating these terrorists when he comes to power like he did before. Muhammadu Buhari as a captain fought in the Congo Civil War and won the Congo Medal. He was there during our civil war to bring peace and keep Nigeria one. That is true patriot: a man that gave his life to another country not only his fatherland.

Buhari has military experience that can crush boko haram and he allowed the sect to kill over 15,000 ordinary Nigerian's ( Not PDP members or Jonathan's relatives ) Nigerian's he is coming to govern, what is the sense in this statement?

We are to wait till he becomes president February and be sworn in before he uses his magic finger to end BH menace, if the terrorist succeed in blowing up the whole of Adamawa and Borno before he becomes president he will come and rule trees and dilapidated buildings.

We have dumb leaders that won't think before they talk, most of the things used to campaign by these animals won't be accepted in a sane society, they have paid robot who will shout GEJ 2019, Sai Buhari without thinking, how am i suppose to vote a man who has what it takes to end what has killed and displaced thousands of my country men but won't until he assumes office?

1 Like

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by aresa: 12:32am On Dec 23, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

Unfortunately for you and the illiterate PDP clown. The US Army war college is a prestigious military institution where they train the finest military men like Colin Powell, Norman Schwarzkopf, Ulysses Grant and Dwight Eisenhower and it is a big deal and honor to attend and graduate from. It's not where you send your rinky dinky army man for short training. It's more like a Masters graduate program for serious military men around the world.

6 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by HzRF(m): 12:44am On Dec 23, 2014
ants for APC e-rats
They think everyone is ike amaechi
Why didn't tell us his grades, show us his certificate after attending renowned military school abi him no get camera phone to snap am
Lax of starboy went abroad to study we know his grades after completing his studies
Malivelihood study abroad we know his grades and his dexterity in customizing is well known
Someone that can't pass Nigeria military exam
Same way Tinubu too dey claim lies
Let's see his certificate abi "Goat don chop am"
And is he going to use military knowledge to stabilize oil price from Aso Rock, nd his other lies
Tinubu permutations don jam am again
He knew if they emerge as d winner like he pointed out in a press release buahri after months go enter "I don't understand again mode" He can then take over Tru Prof
Even obj that didn't fail his exams was globe throttling thinking itz military life until atiku nearly democratically form a coup against him
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by Sibabasibaba1: 12:52am On Dec 23, 2014
theV0ice:

see what you said earlier

If publishing articles online was not in vogue then, how could any of the software you talked about help in identifying his works as plagiarized since they were not published online? He could as well have done mago mago without being caught.

I'm not saying he did mago mago anyway. I'm not even interested whether he did mago mago but a lecturer worth his salt should have academic papers to show just like a soldier worth his salt would have wars he won and commands he was assigned and i'm sure you'll agree GMB has no shortage of these.

----

I do not understand your point. Are you sure you are following the argument or are you just jumping from pillar to post? Jonathan's work is in UNIPORT. If you feel he plagiarised, it is for you to prove, not Jonathan. With or without the software, you can still detect plagiarised works. Plagiarism has always been detected for centuries. The software only makes it easier.

There are many local journals that were/are not online. I know of many pre-2000 professors whose articles are not online because online publications were not in vogue then. Of course, some journals with the funds later put some of their old publications online. But not all. You can excuse any pre-2000 Nigerian academic whose work isn't on the net. But you can not excuse a current academic whose work isn't on the net.

------

In any case, google this: http://europepmc.org/abstract/CBA/623600

http://www.ajol.info/index.php/tzool/article/view/52080

PE Lebo, RP King, L Etim, BE Akpan, GE Jonathan (2008) On the stock assessment of Parailia pellucida(Schilbeidae) in the Cross River, Nigeria, Journal of Aquatic Sciences,

King RP, Jonathan GE (2003) Aquatic Environmental Perturbations and Monitoring: African Experience, USA

------------

These are some of Jonathan's work which you can find on the net.

*Modified*
Re: "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan by clubone05: 12:57am On Dec 23, 2014
I say it every time. ..GEJ as the worst handlers..

clueless...like they are doing it on purpose to make him look bad.

all the local schools Gej went to has no standing next to GMB schools...yet they go pick a educational war. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President / Lagos State APC HAS NOT Suspended Anybody! / EFCC Reveals How 'past Govts Spent N15b On Governors’ Security Aides’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.