Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians (38824 Views)

Nigerians Reacts To President Buhari's Twit About The Murdered Woman In Kano / MUST READ: President Muhamadu Buhari Finally Speaks... / Read President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by queenblogger: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
Welcome to the beginning of a New Year of the continuation of CHANGE in our beloved nation. I am aware that Nigerians have experienced a number of significant hardships over the past months. Living in the State House has not alienated me from your daily sufferings. I am aware of the lengthy queues at fuel stations and of the difficulties businesses have faced in acquiring foreign exchange.

These challenges are only temporary; we are working to make things better. When I presented myself to you as a presidential candidate and asked you to vote for me, I wanted to be a leader who keeps his promises. I wanted to be a leader who restores the people's hope in those elected to serve them. I wanted to be a leader who initiates positive and enduring CHANGE.

I am still totally committed to being that kind of leader. Unforeseen circumstances and other distractions notwithstanding, I shall still do my utmost best to keep every promise I made to Nigerians during my election campaign. In the past seven months since our inauguration on May 29, 2015, my administration has focused on laying the right foundation for the CHANGE you voted for during our historic presidential election. Nigerians will in due course begin to enjoy the fruits of all our ongoing work.

The effective and efficient implementation of our 2016 budget proposals will address many of the socio-economic issues that are of current concern to our people. One area in which Nigerians, especially those in the northeast, have already begun to experience major CHANGE is in the war on terror. I commend our Armed Forces for significantly curtailing the insurgency which has ravaged the northeast of Nigeria over the past few years.

However, there is still a lot of work to be done in the area of security. Our Armed Forces will maintain, consolidate and build on their successes in the war against Boko Haram and violent extremism. This government will not consider the matter concluded until the terrorists have been completely routed and normalcy restored to all parts of the country that have been adversely affected by the Boko Haram insurgency.

Our crackdown on corruption will continue to be vigorously undertaken. I urge the courts to support our efforts and help in the recovery of stolen funds by speedily concluding trials and showing that impunity no longer has a place in our country.

There is much work to do in other areas as well and I have charged all my ministers and other appointees to ensure that Nigerians experience positive changes in their lives in 2016. We must reduce our country's reliance on oil. We must diversify our economy.

And we must do all we can to promote job creation. Our challenges are many but our determination to succeed is strong and unshaken. So too is our confidence in God. I wish you all a very

Happy New Year.
MUHAMMADU BUHARI

Source: http://www.042express.com/2015/12/new-year-of-continuation-of-change-read.html

180 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by queenblogger: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nice one Mr, President

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by queenblogger: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
wink

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by dapaiks: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by sule17(m): 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ii don't have to read it. U r the best thing dat ever happen to nigeria. Happy to have u as our dear president...... Dis msg is from omala L.G kogi state

228 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by queenblogger: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
a year of continuation of change ..hehehehe

5 Likes

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by OgbeifunErom: 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
The best President Nigeria has ever had!

Despite opposition from IPOB Youths, the majority of Nigerians are fully behind you sir!

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by queenblogger: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
OgbeifunErom:
The best President Nigeria has ever had!

Despite opposition from IPOB Youths, the majority of Nigerians are fully behind you sir!

You maybe right bro

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by queenblogger: 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
grin
Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by akinsbaba2015: 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
Quite reassuring Mr President, you can count on our unflinching support as you reset the destiny of this nation. God bless us all. Happy new year in advance.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by queenblogger: 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
akinsbaba2015:
Quite reassuring Mr President, you can count on our unflinching support as you reset the destiny of this nation. God bless us all. Happy new year in advance.

oh yes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by Chubhie: 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
Presido, when are you doing away with fuel subsidy?

2 Likes

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by Bevista: 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
Our crackdown on corruption will continue to be vigorously undertaken. I urge the courts to support our efforts and help in the recovery of stolen funds by speedily concluding trials and showing that impunity no longer has a place in our country.
This is the part that gives me a good erect!on. The President’s resolve on this matter is unshakable, which must be giving wailers migraine and nightmares.

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
After the reggae you displayed yesterday Mr. President you want people with high intellects to take you serious?.
You miss Road.
sorry to say.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by johnmartus(m): 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
ANYTIME I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND REMENBER THAT BUHARI IS OUR PRESIDENT I ALWAYS THANKING GOD BECAUSE I BELIEVED THERE IS HOPE FOR OUR GREAT COUNTRY HAPPY NEW YEAR MR PRESIDENT

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by captainflash(m): 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
cheesy cheesy

Sai baba, Suit no fit you oo.

But You try sha!!!

Happy new year in advance to all my fellow nairalanders, My friends, My country nigeria, May God continue to bless you all in Jesus Name!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by captainflash(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
Mynd44, obinoscopy, fynestboi, Seun
Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by queenblogger: 12:11am On Jan 01, 2016
happy new yr
Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by MhizterWalker(m): 12:37am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year to all Nairalanders. Am so tired of buhari continues promise of change, I want to start seeing results in economic change dats when I can start reading that his long list of bsbash promise

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by CR77(f): 1:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by preciousMI1(f): 1:32am On Jan 01, 2016
ABEG LISTEN UP

As usual, Lets take the Roll call for 2016 attendance!

Please if you are in 2016 type present!

Me:PRESENT....
HAPPY NEW DAY,
HAPPY NEW MONTH,
HAPPY NEW YEAR,

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by nollyway(m): 1:32am On Jan 01, 2016
* * *NEW YEAR* * *

Going To Be Started . . .
& I Wanna Be The 1st Person

Who'll Wish U

12 Months Of Happiness. . .

52 Weeks Of Fun . . .

366 days of success

8,784 hours of good health

527,040 minutes of Good Luck

31,622,400 seconds of smiling

HaPpy NeW YeaR . . .

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by VickyRotex(f): 1:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Nigeria will be great again. I believe.

Happy New Year Everyone!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by echelons(m): 1:33am On Jan 01, 2016
The challenges are enormous. The desire may be there but the KING has made himself the Law. The first thing we voted you in is to hold the tenets of democracy strong.
When the President is apparently endorsing the illegal "kidnapping" of its citizens live on National television, then we really should be worried not just because of the present predicament but because we are afraid that if our legislative and judicial arms arm muscled into acceptance of gross illegality we may be heading to anarchy.
So Mr President, start the new year with respecting court orders.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by Pavore9: 1:33am On Jan 01, 2016
Hope Alive.

1 Like

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by mifavour(f): 1:34am On Jan 01, 2016
hNY
Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by fratermathy(m): 1:34am On Jan 01, 2016
I have full faith in your government, Mr. President! Let your detractors know that your success is our success and your failure is ours. I have never agreed with failure all my life and so I pray that God gives you the wisdom, health and intellectual clarity to lead Nigeria into betterment, merriment and Eldorado.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by GMan650(m): 1:34am On Jan 01, 2016
Even some of those that voted him have lost patience already but I believe "Order is vital than speed". But I'll be patient enough for the 1st quarter of this year, then if more positives aren't forthcoming then I might also lose faith in this govt. cos PMB is surrounded by APC(former PDPs) and they might wanna slowdown the good things PMB has in mind for Nigeria.

Sai Buhari
APC and PDP can go to hell for all I care

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by AmakaDNBStories(f): 1:34am On Jan 01, 2016
Don't just know why I like Buhari.
Long live Nigeria!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by Mopolchi: 1:35am On Jan 01, 2016
Op na so u wan start this year by dragging FTC with yourself. e no good ooo!

2 Likes

Re: Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians by Omotayor123(f): 1:35am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year my president! cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust / Ikedi Ohakim And Wife At Daughter's Graduation In Ireland (photos) / Why Does Naira Appreciate Whenever Buhari Travels?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.