Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President (9223 Views)

EFCC Blasts New NBA President:U're Against Buhari's Reinvigorated Anti-graft War / EFCC Tackles NBA President Abubakar Mahmoud / "I Will Expose Corrupt Lawyers" - Abubakar Mahmoud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by stephen8080(m): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
FORMER Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Kano State, Abubakar Mahmoud, has emerged as the new President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).

The new NBA President was elected at the 2016 National Elections held in Abuja, in contested election conducted through e-voting.

Mahmoud polled 3,055 votes to defeat Joe-Kyari Gadzama who polled 2,384 votes.

Abubakar-Mahmoud

The position of General Secretary was won by Mr. Olagunju Isiaka who polled 2,721 votes against Yamah Desmond who scored 2,510 votes.

Mr. Dajan Gal emerged as the first Vice President with 4,057 votes and Mr. Monday Ubani, second Vice President with 4,375 votes.

Olagunju Isiaka polled 2,721 votes to emerge General Secretary as against Yama Desmond who secured 2,510 votes.

Announcing the results in the early hours of Monday, the chairman of the NBA Electoral Committee, Mr. Ken Mozia (Senior Advocate of Nigeria) said both the first and second Vice Presidents emerged unopposed.

Ohagba Loe polled 2,402 votes to emerge first Assistant Secretary, while Balogun Oyeyemi emerged Legal Adviser with 3068 votes as against Onwuzuike Christopher who polled 2,043 votes.

The election was monitored by the Deputy Director, Legal of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Mariam Musa.

This is the first election conducted through electronic voting by the Nigerian Bar Association.

At the end of the E-voting process, the Chairman of the NBA Electoral Committee, Ken Mozia announced the result while the outgoing President of the Association advised contestants who lost the election to shun acrimony.

The new NBA President, Mahmoud in his response promised that the new executive will hit the ground running once they are sworn in.

The new executives of the NBA are expected to be sworn on August 26, 2016 in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/ex-kano-attorney-general-abubakar-mahmoud-emerges-new-nba-president/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by QuotaSystem: 1:35am On Aug 02, 2016
I'm glad Mahmoud was elected by the majority using the novel electronic voting system.

This shows that the NBA is forward thinking and embraces positive change. Regardless of this glaring fact, I bet my left ball that some mentally challenged youth will still ascribe this to PMB/'northernocracy'.

Modified:

Emeka71:
I thought NBA is led by a chairman and not president (and this is a case of another northerner after they must have held meeting within the NBA).

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by arewafederation: 1:42am On Aug 02, 2016
PMB has appointed another aboki again angry - iPOD thugs.

Congratulations Sir.... cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by VocalWalls: 8:15am On Aug 02, 2016
Well, who am I?
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by Emeka71(m): 8:16am On Aug 02, 2016
I thought NBA is led by a chairman and not president (and this is a case of another northerner after they must have held meeting within the NBA).

5 Likes

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by Timoleon(m): 8:17am On Aug 02, 2016
This post or space dont matter to me, i am just waiting to read the different theories and explanations of how Buhari made a northerner the president of the NBA. Please mention me with your explanations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 02, 2016
NBA na wa ooo.
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by Tolexander: 8:18am On Aug 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by MzMercie: 8:19am On Aug 02, 2016
arewafederation:
PMB had appointed another aboki again angry - iPOD thugs.

He was not appointed by Buhari but elected by his colleagues, guess u didn't read it.

Congrats sir

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by Kaybee14(m): 8:19am On Aug 02, 2016
Congrats sir. Wishing you all the best.
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by samx4real(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2016
Most they all come from d north?

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by bakynes(m): 8:21am On Aug 02, 2016
arewafederation:

Thats what the IPOD thugs will say not knowing the NBA is an independent association that is not controlled by the Govt.

Congrats to the able Barrister, Monday Onyekachi Ubani for his new appointment as the second Vice- President of the NBA.

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by emmaliveth10(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2016
Congrats to him !

On other News... I want you to Join ROTARACT !
Ask me how to become a member- fb(edeh.e)

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by chyket(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2016
QuotaSystem:
I'm glad Mahmoud was elected by the majority using the novel electronic voting system.

This shows that the NBA is forward thinking and embraces positive change. Regardless of this glaring fact, I bet my left b*ll that some mentally challenged youth will still ascribe this to PMB.

Never underestimate the miseries of Indonesian firewoods.
This has nothing to do with PMB,it was zoned to the north and the two contestants are northeners.

5 Likes

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by bakynes(m): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2016
MzMercie:

He was not appointed by Buhari but elected by his colleagues, guess u didn't read it.

Congrats sir
He was speaking Sarcastically

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by jayriginal: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2016
I wish Gadzama won.
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by benarex(m): 8:29am On Aug 02, 2016
So just about 5000 lawyers eligible to vote? grin
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by QuotaSystem: 8:30am On Aug 02, 2016
Do you have comprehension problems? Read my post again and see if your response makes any sense.

chyket:
This has nothing to do with PMB,it was zoned to the north and the two contestants are northeners.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by chrisBenSunny: 8:33am On Aug 02, 2016
Nice one for A.B.. Congratulations!!! Sir!

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 02, 2016
NORTHERN BAR ASSOCIATION (NBA)

3 Likes

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by QuotaSystem: 8:36am On Aug 02, 2016
Emeka71:

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by ImtiazNupe(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2016
Northerners are really bless by Islam.
1. Executive head, President- northern Muslim. 2. Legislative head, senate President - northern Muslim. 3. Judiciary head, chief judge, attorney general, NBA- all northern Muslims. Alhamdulillah Kaseera.
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by peddy231(m): 8:41am On Aug 02, 2016
Surprised J.K. Gadzama lost.
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 02, 2016
Congratulations Sir, May Allah Gives you the Strength to Discharge all your Duties. Ameen
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by MzMercie: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2016
bakynes:
owk
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by MzMercie: 8:51am On Aug 02, 2016
bakynes:
owk
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by henchamb(m): 8:53am On Aug 02, 2016
ImtiazNupe:

1. Executive head, President- northern Muslim.
2. Legislative head, senate President - northern Muslim.
3. Judiciary head, chief judge, attorney general, NBA- all northern Muslims.
Alhamdulillah Kaseera.

still poverty and mal nutrition continue to ravage the north.
I'm not a bigot but your post neccesitated my reply

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2016
Hmmm

Congrat
Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by QuotaSystem: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2016
henchamb:

still poverty and mal nutrition continue to ravage the north.
I'm not a bigot but your post neccesitated my reply

And the South must be paradise, no wonder Kano does not have a single southerner earning a living there.

Bigots everywhere.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 02, 2016
ImtiazNupe:

1. Executive head, President- northern Muslim.
2. Legislative head, senate President - northern Muslim.
3. Judiciary head, chief judge, attorney general, NBA- all northern Muslims.
Alhamdulillah Kaseera.

Last tenure it wasn't so...

Wait 2019 z soon... Even d "northern Muslim perfume" no last forever as e strong n fake reach grin

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Mahmoud Is New NBA President by Ijaya123: 9:00am On Aug 02, 2016
arewafederation:

No one should be surprised. Most Ipob are miscreants and illiterates.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Empowers 35000 Small Business Owners,Disburses Loans To Them / Paris Funds: President Buhari meets With Nigerian Governors Forum / Senator Douye Diri Shows His Love For Sports And Youth Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.