Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,793 members, 7,862,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:15 PM

So Much For Politics Of Age. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Much For Politics Of Age. (913 Views)

I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan / Femi Adebayo Son Of Adebayo Salami Aka Oga Bello Quits Acting For Politics / Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Much For Politics Of Age. by omenka(m): 10:56am On Dec 23, 2014
I don't normally engage in frivolous political discussions bordering mundane factors such as age, religion, ethnicity, appearance, accent, etc, but felt an irresistible compulsion to do this particular thread since they've become PDP's preferred political assault riffles both for the goombahs in Aso Rock and Wadata Plaze, and indeed their online mercenaries.

Now, it is no longer news that PDP has selected Ahmadu Ali as Jonathan's campaign director: www.nairaland.com/2057787/pdp-names-ahmadu-ali-jonathans . His job description is equivalent to Amaechi's.

It is no news PDP and her proponents have been hammering on GMB's age as a major factor bound to guarantee his failure in governance should Nigerians decide to throw their weight behind him at the polls. If this is the case then why select someone as old as Ali to do the job. Since the PDP believes so much in the ability of the youths to deliver on tasks given them, why didn't they go for someone in the mould of Bankole or Obanikoro??

A quick search reveals Ahmadu Ali was born in 1938, making him 78 years! Juxtapose that with Amaechi's age (49years) and see what a yawning gap there is between the two gentlemen! He's a whooping 29 years older than Amaechi and 6 years older than Buhari!!! Is this PDP's definition of youth?? Is their usual mathematics of 16 being greater than 19, 7 being greater than two third of 28, etc, at play here (We don't even wanna go into Tony Anenih's case)

I have said it times without number, let PDP stop being petty and come up with real issues and let's thrash things out like civilised men. All that trash talking has never and will never do them any good because as soon as they open their mouths to say them they stick their feet right in!

Age has got nothing to do with success or failure in politics. Politics isn't an olympic event!!

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by Tolexander: 11:08am On Dec 23, 2014
Age has got nothing to do
with success or failure in
politics. Politics isn't an
olympic event!!
like i've once said;

nigerian situation not good and getting worse daily, who were the leaders that got us into the problem?
Are they not our leaders who ruled nigeria in their 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s?

It is just very obvious that age is not the determinant to the solution Nigeria needs!
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by Dreyl(m): 11:24am On Dec 23, 2014
Very true!

1 Like

Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by Ikengawo: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2014
LOL so APC's response to Buhari being old a weakly is in saying that Jonathan's CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR is old? Kai.
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by omenka(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2014
Tolexander:
like i've once said;

nigerian situation not good and getting worse daily, who were the leaders that got us into the problem?
Are they not our leaders who ruled nigeria in their 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s?

It is just very obvious that age is not the determinant to the solution Nigeria needs!
Absolutely. Age has got nothing to do with it. I was so irritated when they came at Osinbajo with thesame age racket. So nonesensical.
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by brownlord: 11:32am On Dec 23, 2014
omenka:
I don't normally engage in frivolous political discussions bordering mundane factors such as age, religion, ethnicity, appearance, accent, etc, but felt an irresistible compulsion to do this particular thread since they've become PDP's preferred political assault riffles both for the goombahs in Aso Rock and Wadata Plaze, and indeed their online mercenaries.

Now, it is no longer news that PDP has selected Ahmadu Ali as Jonathan's campaign director: www.nairaland.com/2057787/pdp-names-ahmadu-ali-jonathans . His job description is equivalent to Amaechi's.

It is no news PDP and her proponents have been hammering on GMB's age as a major factor bound to guarantee his failure in governance should Nigerians decide to throw their weight behind him at the polls. If this is the case then why select someone as old as Ali to do the job. Since the PDP believes so much in the ability of the youths to deliver on tasks given them, why didn't they go for someone in the mould of Bankole or Obanikoro??

A quick search reveals Ahmadu Ali was born in 1938, making him 78 years! Juxtapose that with Amaechi's age (49years) and see what a yawning gap there is between the two gentlemen! He's a whooping 29 years older than Amaechi and 6 years older than Buhari!!! Is this PDP's definition of youth?? Is their usual mathematics of 16 being greater than 19, 7 being greater than two third of 28, etc, at play here (We don't even wanna go into Tony Anenih's case)

I have said it times without number, let PDP stop being petty and come up with real issues and let's thrash things out like civilised men. All that trash talking has never and will never do them any good because as soon as they open their mouths to say them they stick their feet right in!

Age has got nothing to do with success or failure in politics. Politics isn't an olympic event!!

Thank you all.

What is the sense in comparing campaign DG or party members, not even known by 30 percent of the electorates, to the very first man who represent the country before international community? very weak bro
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by donphilopus: 11:34am On Dec 23, 2014
Ikengawo:
LOL so APC's response to Buhari being old a weakly is in saying that Jonathan's CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR is old? Kai.

Yes. We can't forget the likes of Ahmadu Ali, Bamanga Tukur, Tony Anenih and others who are far older than Buhari. Are there no outgoing (young) PDP Governors who can head Jonathan's campaign?! Why must it be an old man?! Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by omenka(m): 11:37am On Dec 23, 2014
Ikengawo:
This is why it is so difficult to talk to some of you. Common sense and your thought process are like two like poles of a magnet.

Omenka isn't APC and the views expressed up there are solely mine. If any other poster chose to agree with me, good for them.

And like I said in my opening remark, I hate it I'm doing this but just felt compelled to do it hoping people like you would have a rethink over the age stuff, but you have proven what an obdurate you are with the comment you just made.

Politics depends on one's wits, and in rare occasions, sheer luck (Jonathan), and has nothing to do with physical strength. We aren't talking about thugery here.

Have a nice day.
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by brownlord: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2014
Honestly this is stupidity taking to a new level, 90 percent of the electorates may not even know the campaign DG of both candidate, what business has a non partisan Nigerian with Ali or amaechi?

Your comparison is weak
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by Ikengawo: 11:39am On Dec 23, 2014
omenka:
This is why it is so difficult to talk to some of you. Common sense and your thought process are like two like poles of a magnet.

Omenka isn't APC and the views expressed up there are solely mine. If any other poster chose to agree with me, good for them.

And like I said in my opening remark, I hate it I'm doing this but just felt compelled to do it hoping people like you would have a rethink over the age stuff, but you have proven what a stick in the mud you are with the comment you made.

Politics depends on one's wits, and in rare occasions, sheer luck (Jonathan), and has nothing to do with physical strength. We aren't talking about thugery here.

Have a nice day.

So if Buhari dies, which is normal for men in their mid 70s, we will talk about his skill in politics? You're not thinking.

1 Like

Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by omenka(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2014
brownlord:

What is the sense in comparing campaign DG or party members, not even known by 30 percent of the electorates, to the very first man who represent the country before international community? very weak bro
Mr man, like I said, politics is about wits and not brute strength. Get that into your head.
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by Ikengawo: 11:54am On Dec 23, 2014
LOL at politics. Stay alive is about age my guy. This isn't politics. This is human life and assuring us of not dropping dead.
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by omenka(m): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2014
Ikengawo:

So if Buhari dies, which is normal for men in their mid 70s, we will talk about his skill in politics? You're not thinking.
Surprise me for once, just once, say something reasonable.
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by brownlord: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2014
omenka:
Mr man, like I said, politics is about wits and not brute strength. Get that into your head.

Then why not bring Ekweme or wake awolowo from grave, you can do better bro
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
All I care for is good governance!
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by ShakaZullu(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
omenka:
Surprise me for once, just once, say something reasonable.

Omenka my clown
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by omenka(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
brownlord:

Then why not bring Ekweme or wake awolowo from grave, you can do better bro
K.
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by ShakaZullu(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
barcanista:

Hope you're still one of the leader of tomorrow
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by omenka(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
barcanista:
That is what anyone with anything that looks like a brain inside their skull should be after.

These guys are so daft honestly. I don't see myself ever engaging with people like them in real life. It is absolutely pointless trying to make them think rationally.
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
ShakaZullu:

Hope you're still one of the leader of tomorrow
Sure and so are you.
Re: So Much For Politics Of Age. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
omenka:
That is what anyone with anything that looks like a brain inside their skull should be after.

These guys are so daft honestly. I don't see myself ever engaging with people like them in real life. It is absolutely pointless trying to make them think rationally.
Well my boss, I am with you 100%. Age as a criteria for leadership is so irrelevant as long as the competency of the leader is unquestionable. At this point, we need a strong leader to provide leadership with competent cabinet members and aides to execute programmes of the government.

(1) (Reply)

Adducted Chibok Girl Among 13 Unsolved Mysteries That Still Need Answers In 2015 / Questions From Obasanjo To Jonathan At The Meeting In Ogun State / 20 Shocking Atrocities Committed By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.