Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,284 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage (8062 Views)

Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN / 3 Types Of " Christians " On Nairaland / A Question For Nigerian Christians: Why Go On Pilgrimage To Isreal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Efewestern: 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2014

The Bauchi State Government on Monday said it sponsored 2,306 Christians on pilgrimage to Jerusalem from 2007 till date.

Governor Isa Yuguda made the statement in Bauchi in a farewell message to the 2014 intending pilgrims from the state to Jerusalem.

Yuguda, who was represented by his Deputy, Mr Sagir Saleh, said that the state government was sponsoring 417 out of the 418 intending pilgrims for the 2014 exercise.

“In spite of the current economic challenges affecting us as a state, we were still able to sponsor 417 Christians to Jerusalem this year.

“It is my hope that the people of Bauchi State as well as all Nigerians residing in this state will continue to support my administration by being law- abiding and contributing to the development of the state,” he said.

Source

3 Likes

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
FTC

I dedicate this to our gallant soldiers fighting insurgency in the northeast. .And to all lovers of peace. .

Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year! !!

SAY NO TO TYRANNY AND DECEIT! !
RED CARD TO ROCHAS. ..IHEDIOHA WAY TO GO 2015!!!!!!

Plus nice one from YUGUDA

4 Likes

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
Should we now clap for Yuguda for sponsoring the state's indigenes on pilgrimage?
Those christians Bauchi is sponsoring are Bauchi indigenes, is Yuguda doing them favour?
If muslims in Bauchi could be sponsored on pilgrimage so also must the christians of Bauchi.

16 Likes

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
ok
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
If you ask me, na who i go ask?
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by simplemach(m): 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Why is he telling us, he should also tell us how many millions of muslim pilgrims his govt has sponsored within this same period.

6 Likes

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by PerfumeRepublik: 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
wazoboy:
Should we now clap for Yuguda for sponsoring the state's indigenes on pilgrimage?
Those christians Bauchi is sponsoring are Bauchi indigenes, is Yuguda doing them favour?
If muslims in Bauchi could be sponsored on pilgrimage so also must the christians of Bauchi.

Its a welcome development though as per equality, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
I still don't like these Govt sponsored pilgrimage be it to Saudi Arabia ,Israel or Rome.
Its waste of money.
Me I support TB Joshua in this angle ,let's create more religions so other folks will come to our country with dollars.
Why hasn't the national assembly passed a bill on this issue?
Na only to dey sponsor trolls to feed us bulls##t on social media.
When are we gon' learn?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by chibyz(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
ok
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by omenka(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
This is one policy I'd like to see scrapped. Let anyone who wants to go on pilgrimage do so on their own tabs, christians or muslims.

Government should have no business dabbling into religious issues. It should be strictly personal and private. I don't think there is anywhere in the Holy Books where it is stated that pilgrimage is a prerequisite for redemption or salvation, making heaven or paradise.

Besides, the process of selecting beneficiaries is acutely corrupt and marked by extreme cronism. Applicants bribe officials and officials
select, in most cases, their kith and kin. Now,how do you reconcile this process with the purpose of the scheme In addition, most people go on the trips just to tour the respective countries and not strictly for spiritual cleansing.

Let everyman take care of their spiritual/religious expenses.

21 Likes

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Simpsonrocket(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
<fp>I won't show pride but in France we don't eat chicken for Christmass, we eat Crab</fp>
GEJ till Christmass day becomes May 27.
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by DesChyko: 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
All in a bid to set things right come 2015
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by intergral(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
ONE NIGERIA.......
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by SeverusSnape(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
Of course they should...It's their right, They are indigenes of the state. This should not even be a spectacular news.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by lilmax(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
Good
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by teddyflexz: 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ayaf hea
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Coolboi05(m): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
Him 4 use d money empower d less priveledge...most pilgrims only go for site seeing..both muslims and christians
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Feraz(m): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
I think it's time state and fed government stop sponsoring all these pilgrimages. Frankly speaking, it is not doing us any good. They should use the money for something else. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by ebamma(m): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
kennygee:
If you ask me, na who i go ask?
wetin dem ask u?

1 Like

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by mrphysics(m): 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
GOD BLESS HIM AND HAPPY XMAS TO HIM. SO I MADE FRONT PAGE TODAY, HOW I WISH NIGERIANS CAN FORGET ABOUT THE POLITICS OF ETHNICITY OR RELIGION AND LET US VOTE FOR CHANGE IN 2015. GEJ WAS THE ONLY PDP CANDIDATE DAT I VOTED FOR IN 2011,BUT NOW,I SEE NO REASON TO REPEAT SUCH. I WILL VOTE FOR HIM "IF AND ONLY IF" HIS CAMPAIGN POSTERS WILL CARRY "fresh air Nigeria"
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by buoye1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ok...that's is good
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
ebamma:
wetin dem ask u?

Person no fit sing again?

angry
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Atigba: 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Rubbish, why not use the fund for the terrorist displaced victim

1 Like

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Brymo: 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Cool.
But, if only pilgrimage can take someone to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by lioncoolst(m): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Is this not the same state where BH is killing and maiming people? If this is that state, then I need say that the state government did not get its priorities right. Not only that, whoever approved of this white elephant project in the face of looming danger to lives and properties of innocent citizens of that state is a total nincompoop. This is complete bunkum. Anyone who wants to visit Jerusalem should do so with his personal money and nothing more; ditto Hajj. This is the height of insensitivity of an irresponsible government to the plights of its citizens. angry

4 Likes

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by izikjon(m): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nice one
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by pacifique(m): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
I just tire o. Doing the needful and expecting praises? Hmmm!
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
This is absolutely unnecessary, government should have no business sponsoring pilgrimages. Government should leave religion to individuals and focus on providing security and enabling environment for development. Anyone who wants to go on pilgrimage whether Christian or Muslim should fund it by themselves!

Government should hands off this pilgrimage thing and do what they have been elected to do for goodness sakes. undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by coolhamid(m): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mr Yuguda, I don't see any big deal in what you have done... The christians are also indigenes of bauchi state. If you can sponsor Muslims to Saudi Arabia, you should also reciprocate such gesture to bauchi Christians by sponsoring them to Jerusalem also....

Fellow Nigerians, let's give GMB a chance to prove himself to us next year by voting enmasse for him.If he disappoints us like the way PDP is currently doing , we would also vote him out come 2019...

Vote GMB in 2015
Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by Oklander: 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
hypocrites of nairaland at work again, so its his right now because they are his citizens, would you say the same if reverse is the case in the south? meanwhile show us how many Muslims a christian governor from the south sponsored to Macca. For those advocating for the scrapping of these sponsorship programmes, you have a point but sorry, hardly would that happen.

3 Likes

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by lawrencemleopo: 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
is that not good move?

Re: Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage by ebamma(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2014
kennygee:

Person no fit sing again?

angry
studio no dey una area?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Important Ways We Can Pray To God As Christians / The Very Good Wine / Happy Sallah Celebration To All Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.