Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate (29184 Views)

Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns / Audio Of President Jonathan Calling Buhari To Congratulate (listen) / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by Itulah(m): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
A Nigerian residing in Washington D.C has blasted People’s Democratic Party secretary, Professor Wale Oladipo for suggesting that APC’s presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari is a semi illiterate.

Dr M.K Hassan in his write up, said that he was shocked to hear the words of the PDP spokesman and it might be the reason our education system has fallen so low.

He wrote: Anyone interested in verifying Buhari’s academic credentials can write the school instead of reading jargon from a deranged Wadata Plaza Professor of Politics of Destruction Party (PDP). I have checked Google Scholar hoping that Prof. Wale Oladipo’s name and publications will show up but nothing is showing up, that says a lot about him as a Professor than Buhari as a retired decorated General who served his country so well and has not claimed any scholarship.

Full statement below:

A Rejoinder to ‘Semi-Illiterate’ PDP Secretary Prof. Wale Oladipo by Dr. M.K. Hassan.

I was shocked to read a press statement from Wadata Plaza issued by a so called Professor Wale Oladipo, secretary of the PDP, saying that General Muhammadu Buhari is a semi illiterate jackboot. It is no wonder that our education system has fallen so low, else how can one explain a professor making such a statement? How did Wale Oladipo become a professor to start with? It is quite astonishing that he can say this. The professor doesn’t seem to understand the basic rudiments of learning and what it means for one to be literate or not.
Buhari attended the best military schools in the world. In case the professor doesn’t know, Buhari graduated as a military officer (Lieutenant) in Royal Military Academy, Aldeshot UK. He attended the Defense College India. Col Buhari attended the US Army War College Carlisle in Pennsylvania from 1979 -1980 and earned his command as a Brigadier General. The respected General Collin Powel attended the same school in 1976 to become Brigadier General. Some of Buhari’s classmates include General Beltson, General Thomas P Carney, General Bill Matz, General David E.K. Cooper etc. all of them are alive and can be reached and they will give glowing tributes of the man, Buhari, they know as their classmate.

The curriculum at the U.S. Army War College earns one a Masters Degree in Strategic Studies and that is what Buhari has. Anyone interested in verifying Buhari’s academic credentials can write the school instead of reading jargon from a deranged Wadata Plaza Professor of Politics of Destruction Party (PDP). I have checked Google Scholar hoping that Prof. Wale Oladipo’s name and publications will show up but nothing is showing up, that says a lot about him as a Professor than Buhari as a retired decorated General who served his country so well and has not claimed any scholarship.

For somebody to claim that a graduate of such a prestigious school is semi-illiterate, means something is very wrong with that person’s brain. By all academic and military standards, Buhari’s education is superb and the best any general can get in the world. Therefore, for Wale Oladipo to claim Buhari is semi-illiterate speaks volumes about his understanding of what education is even all about. The unlearned professor thinks education is about earning paper degrees only, and even if it was the case, Buhari has them from the most respected military institutions in the world. Buhari has the kind of military strategic education and experience to deal a decisive blow on Boko Haram and end the insecurity challenges facing Nigeria. Buhari is the only army officer with the opportunity to command 3 out of 4 Nigeria’s army divisions as a GOC.

In 1983, when rebels from Chad took over our land, seizing more than 19 villages (much like what the Boko Haram is doing now), Major General Buhari led a successful operation as the GOC to push back the Chadian rebels and reclaim our territory.

In 1984, when the Maitatsine sect decided to declare war on Nigeria like what Boko Haram is doing now, Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari wasted no time in crushing them. Boko Haram is a descendant of the Maitatsine sect with the same extremist ideology and anti-western education philosophy. It is surely President Buhari that will be able to handle them: eliminating these terrorists when he comes to power like he did before. Muhammadu Buhari as a captain fought in the Congo Civil War and won the Congo Medal. He was there during our civil war to bring peace and keep Nigeria one. That is true patriot: a man that gave his life to another country not only his fatherland.

Since the goons in Wadata Plaza have started the literacy debate, it is very appropriate to ask them that they produce Dr. Goodluck Jonathan’s Ph.D thesis and publications in renowned journals. Goodluck’s speeches, attitude, and interviews with international media don’t portray him as a Ph.D holder. His past interview with Christiane Amanpour was quite embarrassing; he couldn’t even make eye contact with her. Nigerians are eager to read his thesis and publications.

In conclusion, it is obvious to all Nigerians that the PDP government and its illiterate professor are only interested in playing dirty politics with the lives and properties of Nigerians. Nigerians now need Buhari, a man with international military education and experience, a seasoned administrator with zero tolerance for corruption to end this insecurity, bring prosperity, and place Nigeria at the seat it deserves in the comity of nations.

Dr. MK Hassan wrote in from Washington D.C.

http://www.naij.com/348397-pdp-shameful-calling-buhari-semi-illiterate.html

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/12/dr-mk-hassan-fires-back-at-pdp-for.html

187 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by Kirinwa: 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
* Runs out!

I am the firstus to commentus. Chai it wasn't easy o. I want to give a shout out to all my friends and fellow traders at FTA thread. Thanks to the moderator that posted this to front page and to fellow nairalanders I wish you a merry Xmas and a happy new year!

Last Bullet: So this is how it feels? cheesy I feel like Don Jazzy. Where is Tiwa Savage when you need her the most. Twerking tins on point!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by chimerase2: 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nna eh na
Propaganda everi wia

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by 0700Jesse(m): 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Abeg leave Buhari and his selfish ambition, he will never realize his dream or rather nightmare of becoming the nxt President

11 Likes

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by obi4eze(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
Is their principal whom we'd send back to Otuoke soon any better?
Leadership is not just about academic development and he has proved it with his clueless manner of administration.

Sai Buhari joor!
Kick out cluelessness from Aso Rock.

187 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by Mogidi: 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
But we all know Mr Ibu or Ibuhari is semi-literate now.

20 Likes

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by slimfit1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
People deceiving people are around everywhere to carry on with their loot.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by satelliteDISH(m): 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
0700Jesse:
Abeg leave Buhari and his selfish ambition, he will never realize his dream or rather nightmare of becoming the nxt President
U lied. we r more wiser now. buhari is more credible than ur clueless clown in aso rock. which day u go wise.

157 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by omolami: 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
Both Prof Ladipo nd Hassan are right.Buhari is semi literate.Buhari may have gained admission into Defence Academy with O/level or modern 7 during his time.He has failed to attend elite academics institutions that could award him qualifications that literate people are known for.Obasanjo has been attending such institutions since after leaving d presidency.Qual like Bsc,Bed,LLb,Msc,Phd etc are what make one literate not military courses known to be useful in military circles or at most chief security jobs outside d military.Military courses are not academics subjects.Thank God that NDA is now a university.All previos Head of state before 1987 when NDA becomes university got Nig Def Academy Cert of Education (NDACE) which was not runing during Buhari's time.Therefore Buhari is at most a schl cert holder and therefore qual as semi literate.Its a pity that an LLb holder accept to serve him. Osinbajo may not know his onus

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by clevvermind(m): 5:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
when he fails again, then they would know that he is a semi illiterate indeed. he can't beat Jonathan in anything.

11 Likes

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by 0700Jesse(m): 5:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
satelliteDISH:
U lied. we r more wiser now. buhari is more credible than ur clueless clown in aso rock. which day u go wise.

im sorry, bt u said 'we r more wiser now' were u two unwise before? And do u knw what credibility is?? I'll explain to yu what Buhari's credibility is, his credibility is, if u dnt vote me, there will be blood, His credibility is, until im voted president, thats when i can put a hand into the Bokoharam issue, bt since Jonanthan is still the president, i hav no business in assisting him end the insurgency, yeah buhari said this words - does this show the characteristics of a helpful and humble and compassionate leader, pls Buhari is ambitious, i mean if Buhari won't want to be led by someone(GEJ), then he himself(Buhari) cannot lead.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by kokoA(m): 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
A semi-illiterate who is more competent than a pHD holder.. Yes! I will vote for Buhari come 2015 even if he has only primary school cert..

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by smithsammy(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
0700Jesse:
you are caught on this one. I hope to see another name calling soon. WereeTanoids

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by Ikengawo: 5:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
Your going to need more than 12 million votes to 'Staap Kwaropshan' in nigeria and one of those things is a strong intellect which Buhari lacks. Semi-literacy coupled with old age

10 Likes

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by agog: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
This is a master piece. Buhari by any standard was educated in the best institutions in the world and excellently distinguished himself. Kudos to the people's General, the Nigeria's 15th President come 2015.

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by tobechi74: 5:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
He is a quarter illiterate

6 Likes

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
tobechi74:
He is a quarter illiterate
angry angry angry
Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by walexbiz(m): 6:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
i intially I wanted to reply all of you insulting Buhari but i took a pause to think then i realised it wouldnt have made sense since most of you are less literate than the incumbent president and who in turn is less literate than GMB despite the fact that he brandished a phd certificate he got from a swamp university. lets even accept that GMB is semi illiterate but he is more competent than GEJ. There is nothing more uselss than for someone to be cluelessly incompetent.

157 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by natureblack(m): 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
Truth be told,is he not

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by Prodeegee(m): 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ok
Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by Austin4lif: 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
Lol
Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
angry all in d name of politics, grown up insulting one another... Smh big tym

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
22 REASONS WHY BUHARI CAN NEVER
RULE NIGERIA
Originally By: Kekere ekun and Co.
In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-
corruption fighter. The trajectory of a
man's journey in public life matters. For
the follwoing reasons I can not vote for
Buhari
1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in
equality before the law. The way he jailed
Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose
Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo
Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation
and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger
State governor, who was arrested in
Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million
pounds sterling and several millions of
Niara and dollars to be under house arrest
is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu
Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who
conducted and supervised the famous
Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant
farmers whose land were appropriated
without compesation to remain under
house arrest.
1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result
of his imprisonment over false charges and
died shortly after.
1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind
as a result of this false imprisonment.
When he died, he had only one
undeveloped plot of land to his name.
1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same
after his eventual release and remained
sickly for the rest of his life. Whe he
died, he never had any property anywhere
in the world except the one he had built
from his sweat as long term teacher and
school principal in Owo township.
2. He put in place a retroactive law that
killed three men, innocent men in my book,
by public execution. He left untouched an
alleged well known drug baron in Ibrahim
Babangida who later overthrew his
government.
3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde
Thompson of the Guardian on stories that
were factually true under Decree 4. He
had told the Nigerian journalists then that
it did not matter whether the story
reported was true or not, if his regime did
not like it, the writer would go to jail.
4. He supervised the smuggling of 53
suitcases filled with cash througth the
MMA against the protests of General
Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar
Atiku, the then Director General of the
Customs who later became the Vice
President and a compromised politician
himself. This smuggling of the suit cases
were supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha
Jokolo.
5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on
trumped up charges under emergency law
which prompted the sentencing judge to
confess that he was ordered to do so and
apologised to the late musician. It was
Buhari's administration that said it has
"decided to deal with this Fela problem
once and for all."
6. He convinced all the northern political
leaders against allowing the National
Identity Card program because according
to him, this would unravel the myth of
Northern population majority
7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin
Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern
followers never to vote for anyone who
was not a muslim.
8. He is a coup plotter.
9. He has never been able to account to
Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion
Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of
which he was the chairman under Sani
Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any
project that he prosecuted outside the
Northern Nigeria with the so-caled trust
fund.
10. He was in full support of all the
atrocities of Sani Abacha against the
Nigerian people. There is no single record
of his criticism of Sani Abacha during
those dark days when Nigeria was on
precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of
convenience and as such unfit to lead the
country.
11. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic
practices placed President Shagari under
house arrest inside a palatia mansion in
Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice,
Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is
Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme
is an Igboman.
12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another
Igboman who returned from 13years exile
just a little over a year then was as well
locked up in Kiri Kiri Prison by
meanhearted Buhari.Up till today we are
not told what was Emeka's offence.
13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because
Buhari refused him to be taken out of
prison for immediate medical
attention.The then Governor of Ogun
State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate
which we were told led to his untimely
death.
14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late
sage, Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated
his International passport. Which civilized
democratic society would elect the likes of
Buhari as President,the same individual
who overthrew an elected President?
Never!
15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail,
went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He
established himself again for what he
was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse
news of the death of another of
Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't
remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also
died in jail.
16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC
governorship candidate for Kano State, is
Mohammed Abacha, the same person that
had/ran a personal killing squad, co
ordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola &
attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed
money in underground tanks, all less than
13 years ago, Nigerians have very short
selective memory. Shame!
17. Buhari discriminated against persons
from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that
as PTF Chairman, he employed an
overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/
Moslem people at the detriment of other
groups and concentrated PTF projects in
the North. If in doubt read El Rufai's
testimony where he wrote about Katsina
boys who used the money they made at
PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in
18. Buhari is unforgiven. When he "took
over" by coup in 1983, even remembered
an article written a very very long time ago
by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are
coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo
wrote that people should watch out for
that "gangly officer from the north"
after Buhari gave a no holds barred
speech at some Army function where he
was reported to be very openly pro Fulani
and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else
and also talked about termination of
democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got
one of the harshest jail terms and
treatments.
19. Buhari intolerance is worse than
Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the
ANPP's candidate on the night of the
party's Primaries without prior warning to
the other candidates and a few of them
protested, Buhari got up and made a
speech that those people must be
disciplined. I subsequently saw him on
BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me
and the interviewer with his archaic and
fundamentalist intolerant views. His
understanding and articulation is very
much in doubt.
20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew
similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the
10th anniversary of Abacha's demise,
Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing
from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars
recovered from banks around the world
and the Abacha family signing a formal
agreement to return over $1 billion dollars,
Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing
remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why?
Because Abacha set Buhari up like an
emperor and let him use oil money from
the Niger Delta to develop the North
without supervision or questions.
21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he
now wants their votes by refusing to
appear before Justice Oputa Truth and
Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that
Buhari knew how inportant reconciliation is
to the stability of democracy. Buhari has
never apologised at anytime.
22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30),
Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew
Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of
those three – Ogedengbe - was executed
for a crime that did not carry a capital
forfeit at the time it was committed. and
At the time Ogedengbe committed the
crime it did not carry that punishment. If
we must live as civilised citizens we must
go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any
penal offence on account of any act or
omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE
A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or
international law at the time when it was
committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER
PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE
ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE
TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS
COMMITTED. Killing people with
retroactive laws is not the civilised thing
to do - and for as long as we will have
people who refuse to see the truth only
because their heroes are inching to rule
when they have not purged themselves we
will continue to wallow in misery.
If Nigerians reward dangerous, insensitive,
dishonest, mean, cruel, partial, egoistic,
religious, fundamendalist, conscienceless
human being like MOHAMMADU BUHARI
with the presidency of Nigeria with his
kind of track record, then why do we still
wonder why Nigeria has not and will not
make it?
I can not in good conscience support
Buhari's candidacy on the above grounds.
I wish we have intelligent people who know
what democracy means. I wish we have
civilized minds. However, I am 100 percent
sure that Buhari will never again rule
Nigeria.
For the good of Nigeria, vote any other
candidate, but SAY NO TO BUHARI!!!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by passionate88: 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
He's an ill.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by tollytexy(m): 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
wetin this election go cause... *LightSkunk*

2 Likes

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by Kingslyd: 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
I like dat

1 Like

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by freezyprinzy(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
;-\undecided
Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by bigheart2013(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hmmmmmm!

I thought the definition of literacy is the ability to read and write. morever read and write could be in any language including Arabic, Ibo, or Swahili) (not just English Language) I thought General Buhari reads addresses he writes?

Anyway Professors, sir, can we hear the manifestos and plans to stop insurgency, corruption and create employment for youths by the two candidates and not name-calling here. Anyone who could read those lengthy articles you guys are writing is definitely not an illiterate, so I am not, therefore no one can fool us. Back to issues on the ground.

17 Likes

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by gulfer: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
In Zebrudaya's voice, 'please told them'. GMB is just like any army general who went through the NDA, which is militaty equivalent of any.Nigerian University. SMH for PDP,

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate by DesChyko: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nonsense.
Nigeria and Celebrity-hype though.
He's writing from Washington DC and suddenly he has more insight than the locals?
Give me something from 'one' who knows what's up, not that chirping outsider.
Comparing that sect to Boko Haram? Does he even understand the concept of 'Democracy' and 'Human Rights' at all?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Gives 29 Civil Servants Television Sets For Hard Work / 20 Fulanis And 80 Cows Killed In Nasarawa / Governor Adeleke Restates All 6 Executive Orders, Says He Never Reversed Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.