Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,166 members, 7,845,832 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk (6978 Views)

Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records / Breakingnews: WAEC Says It Has No Records On Buhari [letter Included] / Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by ndcide(m): 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
For me, I recommend this to move to the front page.

so that seasoned analyst can look more at it.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 24, 2014
ndcide:
For me, I recommend this to move to the front page.

so that seasoned analyst can look more at it.

mods front page please
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by neocortex: 12:30am On Dec 24, 2014
He should defend all he wants, but Nigerians are smarter, we will always know him for what he "actually" did directly or indirectly. We know him to be a coup plotter and democracy saboteur , an unapologetic sharia activist and a sore loser who tacitly support the killing of over 800 innocent Nigerians after the 2011 elections. Who wants this type of man as his president ?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 12:49am On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:
Quite frankly, I'll take the worst Buhari over the best GEJ anyday. GEJ is simply unfit to rule our great country.
Exactly the direction it takes when you guys are confronted with facts. Can you tell me why you would do that? Be frank to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by nduchucks: 12:51am On Dec 24, 2014
agabaI23:
Exactly the direction it takes when you guys are confronted with facts. Can you tell me why you would do that? Be frank to yourself.
Monumental fraud perpetrated against the good people of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

and the crime against the good people of Nigeria in 1983 that led to this sorry state nko?
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 12:54am On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

Name them sir....monumental fraud that was not perpetrated by Buhari? He served under the most corrupt government and stated that the Abacha was not corrupt. Do you believe him?
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 12:58am On Dec 24, 2014
mikeansy:

and the crime against the good people of Nigeria in 1983 that led to this sorry state nko?
It's possible he was not old enough to remember the mishap called the Buhari regime. Let's talk about the not too far incidents.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by nduchucks: 1:22am On Dec 24, 2014
mikeansy:

I am not defending that either.

GEJ has proved that he is incapable of ruling this great country - that's enough for me. Anyone but GEJ will do.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 1:24am On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

I am not defending that either.

GEJ has proved that he is incapable of ruling this great country - that's enough for me. Anyone but GEJ will do.
How? You haven't given me a reason...
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by nduchucks: 1:27am On Dec 24, 2014
agabaI23:
Name them sir....monumental fraud that was not perpetrated by Buhari? He served under the most corrupt government and stated that the Abacha was not corrupt. Do you believe him?

Stay focused, we are talking about GEJ, not Abacha and others
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Sibabasibaba1: 4:19am On Dec 24, 2014
mikeansy:
Except I watched a different interview but this is what I saw:

1. The Interviewer established that Buhari is a sour loser who refused to congratulate his opponent even though most credible international institutions adjudged the election to be credible and represent progress.

2. Even though International observers admit that there was violence from both PDP and ANPP. Buhari claims that only PDP engaged in violence and wont climb down even when he was given specific examples of ANPP violence. That's living in denial.

3. Asked to condemn violence whether from ANPP members or PDP members; Buhari preferred to claim the matter is in court.

4. When his lack of democratic credentials were questioned he had no credible defence but claimed he became a born again democrat after the collapse of Soviet Union.

5. When told to his face that as an unelected soldier he had no right to intervene by ousting a democratically elected leader he had no defence.

6. When challenged with the fact that during his rein as dictator he had no time table to return Nigeria to democracy he had no defence either

7. when asked why he stifled the press and jailed journalists who embarrassed the government with the truth he said he did so in order to ensure that Government is focused on the problems of the country.

8. when questioned why a Government with so much problems like poverty and corruption to deal with had time control how people stood in bus queues he still had no credible defence.

9. His selective anti-corruption campaign where the well connected got off lightly while political enemies got long jail terms or executed was also questioned. He had no defence.

I think Buhari was put in his place by Tim if you ask me. He did not defend anything and was anything but Presidential.
There is nothing Presidential about a long history of failed records, no grace, no tact and pursuing views that are diametrically opposed to everybody else even independent international observers!

And quite frankly I am not surprised that Buhari has not been back to BBC Hardtalk since then!

--------------
Funny the coupist did not even know the details of his obnoxious decree 4. He was just spewing some mumbo jumbo. The Tim guy put him in his place.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 24, 2014
I hope he also defended the fact that it is on record that he came into office through a BLOODY COUP D'ETAT, where a fine democratically elected govt was overthrown.

And that it is on record that he promised to make the country ungovernable for GEJ and soak us all in BLOOD.

We are waiting for him come Feb 14.

GEJ till 2019
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

No Sir,
Please read the topic again and apply some sense this time.
Merry Xmas

GEJ till 2019
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 24, 2014
neocortex:
He should defend all he wants, but Nigerians are smarter, we will always know him for what he "actually" did directly or indirectly. We know him to be a coup plotter and democracy saboteur , an unapologetic sharia activist and a sore loser who tacitly support the killing of over 800 innocent Nigerians after the 2011 elections. Who wants this type of man as his president ?
Whoever what's a terrorist and a coup plotter to be Nigeria's President is a DEAMONIC BEAST.
God will frustrate their enterprise.

GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 24, 2014
mikeansy:

1. The Interviewer established that Buhari is a sour loser who refused to congratulate his opponent even though most credible international institutions adjudged the election to be credible and represent progress.

2. Even though International observers admit that there was violence from both PDP and ANPP. Buhari claims that only PDP engaged in violence and wont climb down even when he was given specific examples of ANPP violence. That's living in denial.

3. Asked to condemn violence whether from ANPP members or PDP members; Buhari preferred to claim the matter is in court.

4. When his lack of democratic credentials were questioned he had no credible defence but claimed he became a born again democrat after the collapse of Soviet Union.

5. When told to his face that as an unelected soldier he had no right to intervene by ousting a democratically elected leader he had no defence.

6. When challenged with the fact that during his rein as dictator he had no time table to return Nigeria to democracy he had no defence either

7. when asked why he stifled the press and jailed journalists who embarrassed the government with the truth he said he did so in order to ensure that Government is focused on the problems of the country.

8. when questioned why a Government with so much problems like poverty and corruption to deal with had time control how people stood in bus queues he still had no credible defence.

9. His selective anti-corruption campaign where the well connected got off lightly while political enemies got long jail terms or executed was also questioned. He had no defence.

I think Buhari was put in his place by Tim if you ask me. He did not defend anything and was anything but Presidential.
There is nothing Presidential about a long history of failed records, no grace, no tact and pursuing views that are diametrically opposed to everybody else even independent international observers!

And quite frankly I am not surprised that Buhari has not been back to BBC Hardtalk since then!

I think TV Air times should be bought for this program to show Nigerians the kind of terrorist and killer of democracy that now wants to enjoy democracy.
Karma is a Bitchhh

GEJ till 2019
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by eaglechild: 6:53am On Dec 24, 2014
What a colossal show of shame. sad
Couldn't get past the first 3 minutes, he was just slaughtered by Tim.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by meccuno: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2014
major466:
I watched the interview on NTA at that time. Buhari was clearly boiling with anger inside as missiles of questions were thrown at him by Tim, but tried so hard to hid it. I saw it by carefully observing his stony face.
I watched the interview then.....am sure buhari wasn't expecting the kind of questions he was being asked.If he had the chance,he would have sentenced the reporter to 100 years for daring to ask him such questions.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by BlackPikiN(m): 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
Seun this should be on the front page.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2014
"But who are you to make that judgement? you were a military officer, you were not elected by anybody"

that was my favourite line from Tim the BBC Interviewer, they think they can fool the world
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

How did I miss this? Bro haba mana...just do me that favour. I am very focused ooo. Our focus here is on why you should choose one over the other...
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by nduchucks: 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
agabaI23:
How did I miss this? Bro haba mana...just do me that favour. I am very focused ooo. Our focus here is on why you should choose one over the other...

The reasons why I choose Buhari over GEJ are summarized in this this post

My view remains that GEJ is not qualified to rule this great country - he is surrounded by sycophants and rougues.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

The reasons why I choose Buhari over GEJ are summarized in this this post

My view remains that GEJ is not qualified to rule this great country - he is surrounded by sycophants and rougues.
You never gave him chance from the word go, so I don't expect you to do now. You have a right to choice, objective or not. Do not call others sychophannts because they have different views to yours.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by nduchucks: 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2014
agabaI23:
You never gave him chance from the word go, so I don't expect you to do now. You have a right to choice, object or not. Do not call others sychophannts because they have different views to yours.

You are making assertions without putting enugh thought into them....very much unlike you to be lazy.

Who did I not give a chance from the word go, and where is your evidence?
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by nduchucks: 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
agabaI23:
You never gave him chance from the word go, so I don't expect you to do now. You have a right to choice, object or not. Do not call others sychophannts because they have different views to yours.

I think you should read this post
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

You are making assertions without putting enugh thought into them....very much unlike you to be lazy.

Who did I not give a chance from the word go, and where is your evidence?
Haba mana...megida
Have you ever given GEJ any chance? I will apologise if you show me any evidence that you supported his Presidential ambition. We have been here since 2011...?
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

I think you should read this post
OK, apologies, however I know you did not support him in 2011. Now, in the said post, you talked about almajri school and Agriculture. I think he has delivered much of those 2. Agriculture is arguably one of the performing ministries and many Almajiri schools have been completed and commissioned....
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by nduchucks: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
agabaI23:
OK, apologies, however I know you did not support him in 2011. Now, in the said post, you talked about almajri school and Agriculture. I think he has delivered much of those 2. Agriculture is arguably one of the performing ministries and many Almajiri schools have been completed and commissioned....

Quite frankly, I was a card carrying member of the PDP when GEJ came to office, though I did not appreciate the way OBJ essentially forced him on us.

I looked for reasons to support him and was impressed with certain wins by his team. GEJ has since lost my support for the reasons I pointed out in the link I sent you earlier.

Now why do you support GEJ?
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

Quite frankly, I was a card carrying member of the PDP when GEJ came to office, though I did not appreciate the way OBJ essentially forced him on us.

I looked for reasons to support him and was impressed with certain wins by his team. GEJ has since lost my support for the reasons I pointed out in the link I sent you earlier.

A lot of reasons. I will answer you when I get home, I'm on the move.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by 99100(m): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

Brcause in the lands of the blind a one-man-eye is a king.

He is the best among the lots.

GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by obayaya(m): 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2014
I clamped down on the press so that they won't criticize any member of the cabinet and distract the administration - Buhari, 2004

Exactly what APC and the general does best in 2014.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by anonimi: 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
mikeansy:

The two highlighted quite contradict each other and further shows the man as a clueless bully.
No more!
No less!!!

It would be great if there is a transcript of the interview available somewhere.

And to imagine that it is this putrid thing that is being packaged by the JagaBandit as our know-all, do-all messiah shocked
We don suffer finish, I swear angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How Nigeria Will Be Like If Made An Islamic State / When You Mistakenly Say "SAI BABA" In A Petrol Station. (PICTURE) / Revolution Is About To Start In The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.