Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,317 members, 7,846,398 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk (6983 Views)

Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records / Breakingnews: WAEC Says It Has No Records On Buhari [letter Included] / Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by anonimi: 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

The reasons why I choose Buhari over GEJ are summarized in this this post

My view remains that GEJ is not qualified to rule this great country - he is surrounded by sycophants and rougues.

And Buhari is surrounded by truth-speaking critics and saints, abi nor be so

People like Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku, Nyako, George Akume, Barnabas Gemade, Ngige, Obasanjo etc shocked
SMH!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
anonimi:

The two highlighted quite contradict each other and further shows the man as a clueless bully.
No more!
No less!!!

It would be great if there is a transcript of the interview available somewhere.

And to imagine that it is this putrid thing that is being packaged by the JagaBandit as our know-all, do-all messiah shocked
We don suffer finish, I swear angry

I am considering typing the interview word for word in text. That will be my new year gift to Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
The change has come! Let's give APC chances to see what they can perform. If we re unsure of PDP's performance in 2015-2019, then we should give APC a trial to see what they can offer us in 2015-2019. Buhari/Osibanjo... See credibility! These people are credible enough.... These people are of good repuatation. Jonathan has failed Nigerians! He's failed Yoruba! He's failed us all! His administration favours his party alone! Are you not tired of transformation agenda? We need Change! Support BUHARI 2015!

Imagine ASARI Dokubo, militant in the Niger Delta saying he's going to make Yoruba land a deserted land if Jonathan is not returned to Aso Rock! What the fucking hell is their problem! Tell 'em we are not fools and we re educated! God bless South-West for us! We are capable enough of sending that man away from Aso Rock and let's pray our votes count!

#solution wishes u merry xmas and peaceful EVE....! LOVE U JARE
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by anonimi: 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
mikeansy:

I am considering typing the interview word for word in text. That will be my new year gift to Nigerians.

If you do that I go find one ogbonge oyoyo sweetus to give you e-hug to start off 2015 grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
nduchucks:

Quite frankly, I was a card carrying member of the PDP when GEJ came to office, though I did not appreciate the way OBJ essentially forced him on us.

I looked for reasons to support him and was impressed with certain wins by his team. GEJ has since lost my support for the reasons I pointed out in the link I sent you earlier.

Now why do you support GEJ?
I have been through it all. I have experienced all of them. He is the best so far.

I made a comment in 2011 and I looked like this, Nigeria at the moment needed some overwhelming reform and the reform cannot come from out. Someone in the mold of OBJ will not be able to carry the reform out because the guys there wont let him win. But someone who percieved to be weak will gain their support but he will turn out to be a different person. I said many people in PDP will leave the part because of him.

That is exactly what has happened over time. He appears weak, like someone who can be pushed around but he is very wise and a man of his own. The backlash GEJ is getting is because of the far reaching implications of his reforms. Most are not obvious but many are manifest. By the time he is done with this country, certain kinds of impunity will be difficult.

Agricultural sector is doing pretty well but most people are oblivious of the product. Reason is the bagged products are not obviously what we knew them to be.
I was told that before now, for one to get his contract money, all the civil servants would have collected their own leaving a small thing for you but now, on approval, your contract sum, mobilisation or whatever goes straight to your account. You share it if you want to.

I went to a rice shop in Awka to ask for Abakaliki rice and the attendant quickly told me they dont stock it. But Ebony gold was staring sheepishly at me from her shop.

Goodluck has given us FOI and press freedom has never been good.
The Subsidy removal has been used well. At least we have seen results.
YouWin, Sure-P maternal child care rail etc Somebody you know would have benefited from this things.

Corruption? You cannot just defeat corruption that is deep rooted in the ministries.

IPPIS was brought in to fight ghost workers, civil servants revolted...that has blocked one avenue of corruption
E-wallet was brought in the Agric sector....that corruption route has been closed
Subsidy removal all about closing out another route but it was sternly resisted. Well the dwindling oil price has taken care of that. Only 200B next year for outstanding claims.

Roads has been in decay over a long period.

Enugu-Abakaliki is close your eyes and drive, notorious Benin-Ore is close your eyes and drive, Abuja-Lokoja is almost completely dualised..The story is the same everywhere, not enough though, but enough to campaign for him.

Everybody expected him to impose candidates? But rather he allowed his ministers to test their popularity. Those who were close to the grassroot were returned for the main election.

Security, he has done his bit but we all know there is an act of sabotage and again the insurgency is not a conventional warfare. Ask US and NATO in Afghanistan. I will score him 60% in Security. More needs to be done anyway.

He was derided here when he talked about cassava bread online. Today, composite cassava flour is a reality. Cassava bread is there.

Look at his automobile policy.....It is is going to bite initially but, in the long run, we are gonna smile.

He is not an orator yes, but who needs an orator? We need a performer.

Give me Donald Duke or anybody better or his mould and I will reconsider. So far no one. Fashiola is there and no one considered him. There are better people in the north if power must come to the north. Some people will be difficult to campaign against when they are presented but APC has once again made campaigning easy for PDP....I can continue

Ask me why I wont vote for Buhari...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2014
agabaI23:

I have been through it all. I have experienced all of them. He is the best so far.

I made a comment in 2011 and I looked like this, Nigeria at the moment needed some overwhelming reform and the reform cannot come from out. Someone in the mold of OBJ will not be able to carry the reform out because the guys there wont let him win. But someone who percieved to be weak will gain their support but he will turn out to be a different person. I said many people in PDP will leave the part because of him.

That is exactly what has happened over time. He appears weak, like someone who can be pushed around but he is very wise and a man of his own. The backlash GEJ is getting is because of the far reaching implications of his reforms. Most are not obvious but many are manifest. By the time he is done with this country, certain kinds of impunity will be difficult.

Agricultural sector is doing pretty well but most people are oblivious of the product. Reason is the bagged products are not obviously what we knew them to be.
I was told that before now, for one to get his contract money, all the civil servants would have collected their own leaving a small thing for you but now, on approval, your contract sum, mobilisation or whatever goes straight to your account. You share it if you want to.

I went to a rice shop in Awka to ask for Abakaliki rice and the attendant quickly told me they dont stock it. But Ebony gold was staring sheepishly at me from her shop.

Goodluck has given us FOI and press freedom has never been good.
The Subsidy removal has been used well. At least we have seen results.
YouWin, Sure-P maternal child care rail etc Somebody you know would have benefited from this things.

Corruption? You cannot just defeat corruption that is deep rooted in the ministries.

IPPIS was brought in to fight ghost workers, civil servants revolted...that has blocked one avenue of corruption
E-wallet was brought in the Agric sector....that corruption route has been closed
Subsidy removal all about closing out another route but it was sternly resisted. Well the dwindling oil price has taken care of that. Only 200B next year for outstanding claims.

Roads has been in decay over a long period.

Enugu-Abakaliki is close your eyes and drive, notorious Benin-Ore is close your eyes and drive, Abuja-Lokoja is almost completely dualised..The story is the same everywhere, not enough though, but enough to campaign for him.

Everybody expected him to impose candidates? But rather he allowed his ministers to test their popularity. Those who were close to the grassroot were returned for the main election.

Security, he has done his bit but we all know there is an act of sabotage and again the insurgency is not a conventional warfare. Ask US and NATO in Afghanistan. I will score him 60% in Security. More needs to be done anyway.

He was derided here when he talked about cassava bread online. Today, composite cassava flour is a reality. Cassava bread is there.

Look at his automobile policy.....It is is going to bite initially but, in the long run, we are gonna smile.

He is not an orator yes, but who needs an orator? We need a performer.

Give me Donald Duke or anybody better or his mould and I will reconsider. So far no one. Fashiola is there and no one considered him. There are better people in the north if power must come to the north. Some people will be difficult to campaign again when they are presented but APC has once again made campaigning easy for PDP....I can continue

Ask me why I wont vote for Buhari...

I could not have said it better

GEJ till 2019
Re: Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk by agabaI23(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
mikeansy:

I could not have said it better

GEJ till 2019
One Nigeria, Forward Ever! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Nyesom Wike And Kenny Blaq Rumoured To Be Cultists (pix) / Elections Debate Group Is APC Agenda / Gani Adam Before And Gani Adams After Receiving Jonathan Pipeline Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.