Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World (19895 Views)

1 In 7 People In The World Now Use Whatsapp / The Best Smartphones In The World "RANKED" / 18 Headphone Brands Ranked From Worst To First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Sylvarresta(m): 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
That's good, make saTANists sha no claim am to be Jonathan's achievement
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Tonylyte(m): 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
The nigeria that 70% of its citizens lives below one dollar per day? Bush meat don catch the hunter. Person wey never chop dey browse?
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by ultraGM: 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
Thanks to loop holes that allows and makes free browsing easy

1 Like

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Collynzo22: 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
That is why GEJ is suffering from all sorts of insults despite being Nigeria's best ever President.
It is good sha..

1 Like

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by KLand(m): 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
Our population is our strenght. We can do more.
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by laroja: 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
All thanks to glo, mtn, etisalat and airtel for accepting our daily, weekly and monthly offerings and tithes
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Coolguy89(m): 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
ireneony:
I believe it o. Someone like me eat and dine on internet cool
. Lol,bae me too
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by viper07: 9:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
Am nt surprised when everyday u see online hw to get 100gb free DATA on all networks grin
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
How will this stop my MB from expiring on 30th of December 2014?
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by StillDeoye(m): 9:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
Not A Bad One, Just That We Shld Ask Ourselves What We Use The Internet 4?
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Captain001(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
aze:
Let them keep deceiving gullible people with below $2/day bul1shlt statistics. Naija is way too exposed and smart. Just that our literacy level and human capital potential is intimidating some countries.

grin grin grin grin

My brother so am not alone here? That below $2 per day claptrap has never failed to surprise me. I wonder where where they get the data.

1 Like

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by ANBAKO: 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
aze:
Let them keep deceiving gullible people with below $2/day bul1shlt statistics. Naija is way too exposed and smart. Just that our literacy level and human capital potential is intimidating some countries.

grin grin grin grin

God bless you for this piece. All those 2$/day statistics was in the 50's, Literacy level in Nigeria high. All those stat of 30 million has HIV, 70% are poor ...na wash. It is just for NGO and Government to get donors and aids respectively. Person that is living on 2$/day dey do Aso ebi? Dey do bash? Dey drink Alomo?, 6 odeku?

This is the single correct statistic about Nigeria. Even all those population of 170 Million na lie......All those Ekiti, Osun, Kebbi, Ebonyi, Gombe, Bayelsa, Zamfara no pass 15 million all together.

1 Like

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by iphanyiuma(m): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wetin una say make we do na...
undecided
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by fairheven: 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
The reason for this can be attributed largely to the size of population.
For example.China obviously has more pple using the internet more the US,because its population growth,but the US has a larger percentage of its citizens using the Internet.
The same applies to Nigeria vs.other african countries.
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by EMANY01(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
vandalZA:
but if we can change this in to percentage south Africa could be number one........Nigeria 57.7million people on internet over 170million population and south Africa with 25million users on internet over 47million population..........if you know the percentage you could see the difference

So right, proportionally,south Africa is ahead (47.5% penetration ) in Africa and the US is ahead in of China (some 65% penetration).
The last time I checked I think south Korea was leading the world by way of proportional internet penetration.
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by coretechng1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
When I tell people that Internet is now here in Nigeria they dont believe. grin With a good SIM router you can stream youtube videos seamlessly without breaking so what else do you want from Internet?
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]Yet Paypal still don't allow us
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Dikolas(m): 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wittylens:

LOL.. does that thing still work? wanna give it a try tomorrow. 've gotten Glo sim and recharged 1k ..I'm currently looking for BB phone to subscribe with

its still work you can even change the imei to that of bb,so you will be subscribing on it

1 Like

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by ANBAKO: 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
vandalZA:
but if we can change this in to percentage south Africa could be number one........Nigeria 57.7million people on internet over 170million population and south Africa with 25million users on internet over 47million population..........if you know the percentage you could see the difference

I don't agree with you. Proportion of what? Why are you using the proportion of individual country's population and not a proportion of the world population? We are looking at the larger picture here ...world population. We are number You think say to born 5-6 pikin for 1 family easy which makes up 170 Million?......If SA wan reach that level make dem go dey born wella...like 8 in a family......Till then Nigeria has the highest number of internet users in Africa. Shikena!!!!
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by EMANY01(m): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
ANBAKO:

God bless you for this piece. All those 2$/day statistics was in the 50's, Literacy level in Nigeria high. All those stat of 30 million has HIV, 70% are poor ...na wash. It is just for NGO and Government to get donors and aids respectively. Person that is living on 2$/day dey do Aso ebi? Dey do bash? Dey drink Alomo?, 6 odeku?

This is the single correct statistic about Nigeria. Even all those population of 170 Million na lie......All those Ekiti, Osun, Kebbi, Ebonyi, Gombe, Bayelsa, Zamfara no pass 15 million all together.

Bro I agree with you completely but I hope you know that logic applies kano and Lagos as well?
I don't believe the census claim of kano having a population of 9 plus million and I certainly do not believe the claim by the Lagos state gov that the population is 16-17 million.
All in all I'll say our true population is more like 120-130 million tops.

3 Likes

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by dablazor: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
wikipedia ranked nigeria at No 8 with 55,930,391 users

1 Like

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by mployer(m): 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
Less than 50% the population.

Ayam not impressed
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by LORDI(m): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
Out of the 57 million,..am ranked 1st
*quickly runs out of thread*
*come back to peep through the window*
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
Crawling internet connection with no unlimited services. That is a big shame. I don't know what the government is waiting for to force telecom companies to provide unlimited bundles for the citizens. Nigeria always come last in the areas of quality service. Smh...!

1 Like

Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by gbodimowo(m): 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nine thread
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by fubara493(m): 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
hy, good day, kindly check this blog out @www.adolekpe..com...it's a blog on news, fashion, lifestyle,celeb gossip, event and inspiration...if you think its good enough to be patronized, you could get the mobile app on playstore by searching for adol ekpe blog or you could tell a friend about it via social media or physically....be part of something great today...promise you wont regret it..
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by JayJustus(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mobile Data is not expensive in Nigeria...here in Msia we pay 4000 naira for 2 gig...hehehehehe...
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by ToyinDipo(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
With 56 million on nairaland.
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by ToyinDipo(m): 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
all4naija:
Crawling internet connection with no unlimited services. That is a big shame. I don't know what the government is waiting for to force telecom companies to provide unlimited bundles for the citizens. Nigeria always come last in the areas of quality service. Smh...!

True bro, I foresee that coming to pass soon in Nigeria though, in fact competition will soon force telecom companies to lower bundle rates drastically.
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by rugged7(m): 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
Blame Goodluck Jonathan....
It is his fault.
Re: Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World by Tex42(m): 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wittylens:

What has GMB got to do with this?

Does that illiterate even know how to use the internet?
hmmm, this one is strong!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Should Put Password On Your Phone - Techknowng.com / SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self / Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.